Back

General Discussion

Discuss your favorites: TV shows, music, games and hobbies.
TOPIC | Things in games that freak you out.
1 2 ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... 16 17
@Vidoxi yeah, that works. Or you an always retreat to the room's entrance, and attack the Pokemon one at a time.
Though monster houses aren't the scariest part of the game.
If you spend too much time on any given floor, you start getting creepy messages about how SOMETHING is getting closer, and closer, and then the game tells you that it's almost there, and then you get knocked out!
AND the game never tells you what it IS.
@Vidoxi yeah, that works. Or you an always retreat to the room's entrance, and attack the Pokemon one at a time.
Though monster houses aren't the scariest part of the game.
If you spend too much time on any given floor, you start getting creepy messages about how SOMETHING is getting closer, and closer, and then the game tells you that it's almost there, and then you get knocked out!
AND the game never tells you what it IS.
Demiguy; He/Him or They/Them
[quote name="vidoxi" date=2017-04-18 23:05:10] lol when i was like 12 and played okami for the first time i screamed and turned off the wii when i got the spider queen ghost jumpscare. [/quote] Oh man, that part. But Spider Queen more surprised than startled me. What did startle me was the laughing skull of Crimson Helm. Ungulate skulls are terrifying without context, but pretty cool otherwise. More things that I find scary: [b]Mass Effect II: Overlord DLC[/b]. I'm gonna preface that one with the fact I have an odd fear of sound errors (yes, out of all things to be afraid of, this ridiculus thing is my worst phobia) and am not big on sudden scares in general, so this one is doubly horrifying for me. But, it fits within the athmosphere. I loved the story of the DLC, but I gotta admit, after the second time I heard [i]that noise[/i] I played through the entire thing on mute. I'm very skittish when it comes to weird sound stuff. [b]Yume Nikki[/b]. FACE. 'Nuff said. [b]Amnesia: The Dark Descent[/b]. For me, the most sense of dread I felt was in the Archieves. There are no monsters there, but the background [s]song[/s] noise playing the entire time is very terrifying. I wanted to get out of there as quickly as possible. [url=https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mPL95cHJ3Aw]You know what, just have a listen.[/url] It feels a lot worse ingame, though. Also, not sure anymore what that area was called, but the one where you had nowhere to hide but large pillars, couldn't see more than about a metre ahead of you and Brutes surrounded you. That was also pretty bad. [b]The Elder Scrolls: Skyrim[/b]. Meridia's Beacon. 'Oh cool, new item, I wonder what it's for.' *picks up, closes inventory* GHAAAAAA! (And I tell you, so far I fell for it every single time. When will I learn?) [b]Fallout III[/b]. Tranquility Lane. Damn, that place felt absolutly off. Everythings black and white, you only have a stopped watch instead of you Pip-boy and the music there is the only song that has a hard loop break. Screw that place. Also, getting the good result in that place is stragely terrifying too. That abandoned house, the seeminly random items... it's just very off. [b]Pokémon DPP[/b]. Okay, this one is a very minor one that still, to these days, seems very off putting to me. Hearthome City, that Church thing. No music is playing, nothing. It's completly silent. Inside it are only strage people with no plot relevance. The entire thing is just [i]there[/i]. Best: The game refers to it only as 'Foreign Building'. NOT EVEN THE GAME KNOWS WHAT TO MAKE OF IT! Gamefreak, please give me some gen4 remakes. Maybe that'll bring more clarity. Or less, more likely. That's it for now, I might think of more later. I was sleepy before I wrote this but not so much anymore. Edit: Wrong daedra artifact. Corrected.
vidoxi wrote on 2017-04-18:
lol when i was like 12 and played okami for the first time i screamed and turned off the wii when i got the spider queen ghost jumpscare.
Oh man, that part. But Spider Queen more surprised than startled me. What did startle me was the laughing skull of Crimson Helm. Ungulate skulls are terrifying without context, but pretty cool otherwise.

More things that I find scary:

Mass Effect II: Overlord DLC. I'm gonna preface that one with the fact I have an odd fear of sound errors (yes, out of all things to be afraid of, this ridiculus thing is my worst phobia) and am not big on sudden scares in general, so this one is doubly horrifying for me. But, it fits within the athmosphere. I loved the story of the DLC, but I gotta admit, after the second time I heard that noise I played through the entire thing on mute. I'm very skittish when it comes to weird sound stuff.

Yume Nikki. FACE. 'Nuff said.

Amnesia: The Dark Descent. For me, the most sense of dread I felt was in the Archieves. There are no monsters there, but the background song noise playing the entire time is very terrifying. I wanted to get out of there as quickly as possible. You know what, just have a listen. It feels a lot worse ingame, though.
Also, not sure anymore what that area was called, but the one where you had nowhere to hide but large pillars, couldn't see more than about a metre ahead of you and Brutes surrounded you. That was also pretty bad.

The Elder Scrolls: Skyrim. Meridia's Beacon. 'Oh cool, new item, I wonder what it's for.' *picks up, closes inventory* GHAAAAAA! (And I tell you, so far I fell for it every single time. When will I learn?)

Fallout III. Tranquility Lane. Damn, that place felt absolutly off. Everythings black and white, you only have a stopped watch instead of you Pip-boy and the music there is the only song that has a hard loop break. Screw that place. Also, getting the good result in that place is stragely terrifying too. That abandoned house, the seeminly random items... it's just very off.

Pokémon DPP. Okay, this one is a very minor one that still, to these days, seems very off putting to me. Hearthome City, that Church thing. No music is playing, nothing. It's completly silent. Inside it are only strage people with no plot relevance. The entire thing is just there. Best: The game refers to it only as 'Foreign Building'. NOT EVEN THE GAME KNOWS WHAT TO MAKE OF IT! Gamefreak, please give me some gen4 remakes. Maybe that'll bring more clarity. Or less, more likely.

That's it for now, I might think of more later. I was sleepy before I wrote this but not so much anymore.

Edit: Wrong daedra artifact. Corrected.
Lots of things.

Yume Nikki - Uboa really freaks me out, along with the "song" that plays when you see him called "Guillotine World" I think.
Pokemon - Lavender Town, not much more to say.
Undertale - Gaster. Pretty much the same reason as Uboa. They're both really creepy.
Also Undertale - Chara's jumpscare still freaks me out.
Another Undertale whoops - almost everything involving Gaster (ex: Followers, Goner Kid, Sound Test..) But I love the Wrong Number Song. It's my ringtone. And the premise of the Genocide route. I hate how it seems the player is forcing Chara to take up a knife and have Frisk brutally murder EVERYTHING in the Underground, without even thinking about it.

games scare me. ;_; how do people do this to me.
uboa is in my nightmares wth.
Lots of things.

Yume Nikki - Uboa really freaks me out, along with the "song" that plays when you see him called "Guillotine World" I think.
Pokemon - Lavender Town, not much more to say.
Undertale - Gaster. Pretty much the same reason as Uboa. They're both really creepy.
Also Undertale - Chara's jumpscare still freaks me out.
Another Undertale whoops - almost everything involving Gaster (ex: Followers, Goner Kid, Sound Test..) But I love the Wrong Number Song. It's my ringtone. And the premise of the Genocide route. I hate how it seems the player is forcing Chara to take up a knife and have Frisk brutally murder EVERYTHING in the Underground, without even thinking about it.

games scare me. ;_; how do people do this to me.
uboa is in my nightmares wth.
Ok but I'm surprised no one has mentioned The Last of Us.
It's not the enemies, Infected, scares, etc., it's the clicking noises (and the screeches that are heard when you have been discovered) made by the Clickers.

Here's some audio with a few pictures

I'll be honest, these things have made any type of clicking noise terrifying to me

Ok but I'm surprised no one has mentioned The Last of Us.
It's not the enemies, Infected, scares, etc., it's the clicking noises (and the screeches that are heard when you have been discovered) made by the Clickers.

Here's some audio with a few pictures

I'll be honest, these things have made any type of clicking noise terrifying to me

tumblr_myhkh13Sii1rszmv9o1_500.gif
Elite Dangerous : Once I saved up and got one of the largest and most powerful space ships in the game called the Anaconda I decided to do some cargo runs from system to system... at first everything seems calm until I see another player not that far from me, then suddenly I get interdicted (in the game is to be forcefully pulled out of sub-light speed) he then tells me to stop moving but since I kept my ship unarmed for less weight and to save money I had no way of defending my self so soon after he told me to dumb my cargo (which was extremely valuable and he obviously wanted it) but there was no way I would do that so I tried to Jump away (enter hyper space) but he ended up killing me in 15 seconds flat... insurance cost for the ship is over 10million in game money sooo it really freaked me out and made me sooo angry

Warthudner : Basically I'm using a tank in realistic battles (there are no markers or anything to help you locate other players in tanks) so i'm just chilling in one spot, its super quiet and I see nothing and suddenly I explode after getting shot from the side and I also had my headphones on full volume so my ears exploded and I jump out of my chair scared to death
Elite Dangerous : Once I saved up and got one of the largest and most powerful space ships in the game called the Anaconda I decided to do some cargo runs from system to system... at first everything seems calm until I see another player not that far from me, then suddenly I get interdicted (in the game is to be forcefully pulled out of sub-light speed) he then tells me to stop moving but since I kept my ship unarmed for less weight and to save money I had no way of defending my self so soon after he told me to dumb my cargo (which was extremely valuable and he obviously wanted it) but there was no way I would do that so I tried to Jump away (enter hyper space) but he ended up killing me in 15 seconds flat... insurance cost for the ship is over 10million in game money sooo it really freaked me out and made me sooo angry

Warthudner : Basically I'm using a tank in realistic battles (there are no markers or anything to help you locate other players in tanks) so i'm just chilling in one spot, its super quiet and I see nothing and suddenly I explode after getting shot from the side and I also had my headphones on full volume so my ears exploded and I jump out of my chair scared to death
@Chronosplit Chrono Trigger is a great game! :o [img]http://images.elotrolado.net/news/190505010854_9big.jpg[/img] ^This^
@Chronosplit

Chrono Trigger is a great game! :o

190505010854_9big.jpg

^This^
the Redeads from LoZ: Wind Waker those things CREEP ME OUT!!! I got caught in a corner in the island house or whatever you call it and there where 3 THREE!!! Redeads I was screaming for my life cause they freaked me out *shudders*
the Redeads from LoZ: Wind Waker those things CREEP ME OUT!!! I got caught in a corner in the island house or whatever you call it and there where 3 THREE!!! Redeads I was screaming for my life cause they freaked me out *shudders*
rsz-rsz-1hatchery.png rsz-brewing.png art-shop-2.png B7aT9QH.png flB6EWm.png
just literally everything in super metroid besides norfair, i always play at night and it just
it feels like im constantly being stalked by draygon or something
its unnerving and i dont like it
just literally everything in super metroid besides norfair, i always play at night and it just
it feels like im constantly being stalked by draygon or something
its unnerving and i dont like it
F9LTt.gif RNseo.gif Ss5P0.gif IfcXt.gif Xs4LM.gif
Photoshop Flowey in Undertale.
Just no :D
Photoshop Flowey in Undertale.
Just no :D
The portals in both Portal games.

The science behind them is terrifying.

I blame Game Theory for this.

And fast-travel also freaks me out.

The portals in both Portal games.