Back

General Discussion

Discuss your favorites: TV shows, music, games and hobbies.
TOPIC | Things in games that freak you out.
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 16 17
@Harvestable @ErsatzLace

lol when i was like 12 and played okami for the first time i screamed and turned off the wii when i got the spider queen ghost jumpscare.

do you guys remember mr and mrs. cutter though? i thought that was pretty spooky too, how suddenly the music would change and being chased by the old man with the knife, and dragging the demon woman into the moonlight.

also another part that creeped me out that has actually given me nightmares is that part on oni island where youre in that big room thats like a labyrinth of doors.
@Harvestable @ErsatzLace

lol when i was like 12 and played okami for the first time i screamed and turned off the wii when i got the spider queen ghost jumpscare.

do you guys remember mr and mrs. cutter though? i thought that was pretty spooky too, how suddenly the music would change and being chased by the old man with the knife, and dragging the demon woman into the moonlight.

also another part that creeped me out that has actually given me nightmares is that part on oni island where youre in that big room thats like a labyrinth of doors.
ytkEBod.pngll0CfnD.png510b8a63d40dc52d20b17daf90107ad8a80d4b80.png
Bioshock Infinite creeps me the hell out. Such a good game, but two enemies in it FREAK ME OUT. I literally scream anytime i saw them, More so the Boy of Silence. [img]https://i.ytimg.com/vi/btA07qRZR4Q/hqdefault.jpg[/img][img]https://www.candb.com/site/candb/cache/artwork/1600/motorized-_patriot-bioshock-infinite_irrational-games1600-6_1600x900_marked.jpg[/img] It's 2am and just looking them up, more so the Motorized Patriot, put me on edge already. Might not sleep for a bit, eeeugh
Bioshock Infinite creeps me the hell out. Such a good game, but two enemies in it FREAK ME OUT. I literally scream anytime i saw them, More so the Boy of Silence.

hqdefault.jpgmotorized-_patriot-bioshock-infinite_irrational-games1600-6_1600x900_marked.jpg

It's 2am and just looking them up, more so the Motorized Patriot, put me on edge already. Might not sleep for a bit, eeeugh
@vidoxi
I can't quite recall the door labyrinth, but you gave me the most intense flashback when you mentioned Mr. and Mrs. Cutter!

God I hated having to go anywhere near their house. They're not scary at all in their true forms, but they got me good the first time I wandered over there.
@vidoxi
I can't quite recall the door labyrinth, but you gave me the most intense flashback when you mentioned Mr. and Mrs. Cutter!

God I hated having to go anywhere near their house. They're not scary at all in their true forms, but they got me good the first time I wandered over there.
@Harvestable yeah none of okami is scary on a replay, but the first time around it seems like there's a lot of surprise creepy. rao's corpse and spirit at the bottom of the well still bothers me since she never gets buried and you dont exorcise her ghost or anything.

i found a video of the door labyrinth. skip the first minute or so. i dont know why this part unsettles me like it does lol. i guess because its so claustrophibic and disorienting. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zjYq0AEinmk
@Harvestable yeah none of okami is scary on a replay, but the first time around it seems like there's a lot of surprise creepy. rao's corpse and spirit at the bottom of the well still bothers me since she never gets buried and you dont exorcise her ghost or anything.

i found a video of the door labyrinth. skip the first minute or so. i dont know why this part unsettles me like it does lol. i guess because its so claustrophibic and disorienting. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zjYq0AEinmk
ytkEBod.pngll0CfnD.png510b8a63d40dc52d20b17daf90107ad8a80d4b80.png
@vidoxi

Oh man! I actually found Mr. and Mrs. Cutter super interesting! In general I really love when Okami does the creepy atmospheric stuff, I'm just terrible with jumpscares that are really in your face so the treasure ship was a step above the usual for me. I greatly enjoyed the moonlight reveal puzzle associated with them. c:

Took me a moment, but I remembered the sliding door labyrinth! I think, the only reason that part didn't bother me was because I wasn't going into it expecting anything to be hiding behind the door or jumping out at me. Oni Island didn't give me the spooky jumpscare atmosphere (and iirc, I was more focused on beating Tobi than anything) so I rushed through the sliding door maze as quick as I could. I think I found the maze enjoyable actually, I love the sound of sliding paper doors and that alleviated any fears I might have had. ^^;
@vidoxi

Oh man! I actually found Mr. and Mrs. Cutter super interesting! In general I really love when Okami does the creepy atmospheric stuff, I'm just terrible with jumpscares that are really in your face so the treasure ship was a step above the usual for me. I greatly enjoyed the moonlight reveal puzzle associated with them. c:

Took me a moment, but I remembered the sliding door labyrinth! I think, the only reason that part didn't bother me was because I wasn't going into it expecting anything to be hiding behind the door or jumping out at me. Oni Island didn't give me the spooky jumpscare atmosphere (and iirc, I was more focused on beating Tobi than anything) so I rushed through the sliding door maze as quick as I could. I think I found the maze enjoyable actually, I love the sound of sliding paper doors and that alleviated any fears I might have had. ^^;
tumblr_nr1sm6Mwfo1sevwwxo1_500.png
They don't freak me out anymore but.... [img]https://image.ibb.co/fhLmJ5/Screenshot_2017_04_19_at_09_14_58.png[/img] ...As a kid, the Terror Birds from Turok Evolution scared the living daylights out of me, more so than T-rexs or Raptors ever did. I dunno what it was about them that scared me so much, given that in the level you encounter them a T-rex is the first enemy you fight and then these buggers show up later. I dunno, they were fast, looked unsettling, and were always found eating animals [i]waaaaaay[/i] larger than themselves....
They don't freak me out anymore but....
Screenshot_2017_04_19_at_09_14_58.png

...As a kid, the Terror Birds from Turok Evolution scared the living daylights out of me, more so than T-rexs or Raptors ever did. I dunno what it was about them that scared me so much, given that in the level you encounter them a T-rex is the first enemy you fight and then these buggers show up later. I dunno, they were fast, looked unsettling, and were always found eating animals waaaaaay larger than themselves....
Tn4aWhc.png
When it saves for way too long and you wonder if it will crash soon...

Also always in Pokémon back in the days when you caught a legendary and you saved liked mad after doing that just to not freak out and be sure you saved at all.
When it saves for way too long and you wonder if it will crash soon...

Also always in Pokémon back in the days when you caught a legendary and you saved liked mad after doing that just to not freak out and be sure you saved at all.
I'd woken up early, and I took a long time getting ready to exist. - Bernardo Soares/Fernando Pessoa
When the game freezes and the last few hours of your life flash before your eyes when you try to remember the last time you saved. Thiese friendly guys in Morrowind: [img]http://en.uesp.net/w/images/thumb/3/3f/MW-creature-Ash_Ghoul.jpg/600px-MW-creature-Ash_Ghoul.jpg[/img][img]http://en.uesp.net/w/images/thumb/f/ff/MW-creature-Ash_Zombie.jpg/600px-MW-creature-Ash_Zombie.jpg[/img] And the fact they start appearing next to you while you sleep. That boy in Mass Effect 3. You know the one. Like the fact that nobody else can see him suggests that it was just a product of Shepard's PTSD/indoctrination. And the whole indoctrination thing. [url=http://penbrydd.tumblr.com/post/122879444758/the-enigma-of-kirkwall]The Enigma of Kirkwall[/url]. When a character in a video game clearly has some mental illness and you feel like you can relate to them because hey! You have it too! And nobody else understands you! And other characters in the game keep treating them badly and passing off their problem as "quirky" or "stupid" and it's exactly the same way mentally ill people get treated irl [img]http://68.media.tumblr.com/8c584dfe9d6f20dd6074531b6978a0f7/tumblr_inline_ndins9b3ww1sobjct.jpg[/img]
When the game freezes and the last few hours of your life flash before your eyes when you try to remember the last time you saved.

Thiese friendly guys in Morrowind:
600px-MW-creature-Ash_Ghoul.jpg600px-MW-creature-Ash_Zombie.jpg

And the fact they start appearing next to you while you sleep.

That boy in Mass Effect 3. You know the one. Like the fact that nobody else can see him suggests that it was just a product of Shepard's PTSD/indoctrination. And the whole indoctrination thing.

The Enigma of Kirkwall.

When a character in a video game clearly has some mental illness and you feel like you can relate to them because hey! You have it too! And nobody else understands you! And other characters in the game keep treating them badly and passing off their problem as "quirky" or "stupid" and it's exactly the same way mentally ill people get treated irl
tumblr_inline_ndins9b3ww1sobjct.jpg
That moment when the battle music starts and you have no idea where the enemy is.

I don't play any horror games since I startle like a rabbit, so that's all I got XD
That moment when the battle music starts and you have no idea where the enemy is.

I don't play any horror games since I startle like a rabbit, so that's all I got XD
> My tumblr
> My AO3
X
An angry-looking night elf woman with short green hair and a burn scar on her left cheek, looking to the viewer's right.A night elf woman with purple facial tattoos and purple hair, looking at the viewer with a confident smirk.
she/her | 18+ | FR+2 | brain full of night elves
>> Avatar
>> I love pings!
>> PixelZ, not PixelS!
xxxdont%20feed%20the%20ai.gif
Metroid Fusion is a horror game. I refuse to accept otherwise.

Low draw distance makes me anxious. Glitches used to freak me out as a kid because I thought space-time was being distorted.
Metroid Fusion is a horror game. I refuse to accept otherwise.

Low draw distance makes me anxious. Glitches used to freak me out as a kid because I thought space-time was being distorted.
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 16 17