Back

General Discussion

Discuss your favorites: TV shows, music, games and hobbies.
TOPIC | Things in games that freak you out.
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 16 17
[img]http://imgur.com/i70UOYi.png[/img] [img]http://imgur.com/L0bTfUm.png[/img] [img]http://imgur.com/qnlenQA.png[/img] This thing oh my goodness. It gives you all the energy of a good night's rest in seconds, but never fills your stomach. You're implied to have nourishment in there so you're not starving, but [i]you feel all the pain of starving.[/i] What will science think of next!?
i70UOYi.png
L0bTfUm.png
qnlenQA.png

This thing oh my goodness. It gives you all the energy of a good night's rest in seconds, but never fills your stomach. You're implied to have nourishment in there so you're not starving, but you feel all the pain of starving.

What will science think of next!?
My writing project.
That's the kind of creepy that's slightly unsettling but you don't really know why until you think on it. And then it really is unnerving...

In my case, it's always Zelda games that get to me. Of all things...

Okay the redeads in Ocarina of Time. I hate them so much the way the jump on Link and scream and their twitching in the corner of the screen is horrible.

And then the Spirit Trials in Skyward Sword. Being chased by the spirits is absolutely terrifying and just hearing the song make my heart speed up.

And in the beginning of Breath of the Wild the Guardians are so intimidating all you can do is run and hope for the best if they see you. Later though, when you have better equipment and more health they're so easy to take down which is so satisfying considering the anxiety they brought earlier on.

I guess what freaks me out most is being helpless against a powerful enemy and having to run with impending doom close behind. If I have the slightest chance of being able to win a fight I'm okay but if it's impossible the flight response really gets me.
That's the kind of creepy that's slightly unsettling but you don't really know why until you think on it. And then it really is unnerving...

In my case, it's always Zelda games that get to me. Of all things...

Okay the redeads in Ocarina of Time. I hate them so much the way the jump on Link and scream and their twitching in the corner of the screen is horrible.

And then the Spirit Trials in Skyward Sword. Being chased by the spirits is absolutely terrifying and just hearing the song make my heart speed up.

And in the beginning of Breath of the Wild the Guardians are so intimidating all you can do is run and hope for the best if they see you. Later though, when you have better equipment and more health they're so easy to take down which is so satisfying considering the anxiety they brought earlier on.

I guess what freaks me out most is being helpless against a powerful enemy and having to run with impending doom close behind. If I have the slightest chance of being able to win a fight I'm okay but if it's impossible the flight response really gets me.
azag_sig.png
For me it's pretty much any RPG at any point in time. I love RPGs, I really do, but im all honesty, I play to be a part of the story. When it comes to the actual fighting required to keep the story moving, though, I get really unnerved. Just exploring unsetlles me because I'm worried about a vampire jumping out of nowhere or something. Even though my character can typically take a few hits, I just don't like the character's life being in my hands, I suppose. It doesn't make a lot of sense, I know, but that's how I feel.
For me it's pretty much any RPG at any point in time. I love RPGs, I really do, but im all honesty, I play to be a part of the story. When it comes to the actual fighting required to keep the story moving, though, I get really unnerved. Just exploring unsetlles me because I'm worried about a vampire jumping out of nowhere or something. Even though my character can typically take a few hits, I just don't like the character's life being in my hands, I suppose. It doesn't make a lot of sense, I know, but that's how I feel.
Quote:
To love is to be afraid. You are frightened, deathly terrified, that something will happen to those you love. Think of the possibilities. Does your heart clench with each thought? That, my friend, is love.
-Marie Lu, The Young Elites
[img]https://i.ytimg.com/vi/dgWbYsHMPSw/hqdefault.jpg[/img] hello the most unsettling thing to me is the Eileen head in Silent Hill 4 because just. Uuuuugugugughguhghughuhhhh.
hqdefault.jpg

hello the most unsettling thing to me is the Eileen head in Silent Hill 4 because just. Uuuuugugugughguhghughuhhhh.
WYLy2Ui.gif
@triviacharlie @Chronosplit

When you're almost out of an area with random enemy encounters in Final Fantasy or any similar rpg and suddenly this.
@triviacharlie @Chronosplit

When you're almost out of an area with random enemy encounters in Final Fantasy or any similar rpg and suddenly this.
466w8yC.png66tU9.gif
@Erra BATTLE MUSIC IS A NIGHTMARE. You're just chilling, losing yourself in the lore, and suddenly--BATTLE MUSIC.
@Erra BATTLE MUSIC IS A NIGHTMARE. You're just chilling, losing yourself in the lore, and suddenly--BATTLE MUSIC.
Quote:
To love is to be afraid. You are frightened, deathly terrified, that something will happen to those you love. Think of the possibilities. Does your heart clench with each thought? That, my friend, is love.
-Marie Lu, The Young Elites
Fatal Frame and the shinies. You go to grab one, and- [img]http://fan.koukeisha.net/ff2g-fanlisting/title.png[/img] They make the shinies so needed, so you HAVE to pick all of them up, but once and a while, you get attacked, and it FREAKS ME OUT!!! That game makes me scream sometimes.
Fatal Frame and the shinies. You go to grab one, and-
title.png

They make the shinies so needed, so you HAVE to pick all of them up, but once and a while, you get attacked, and it FREAKS ME OUT!!! That game makes me scream sometimes.
emVSLIq.png
I have my own website for things I've made!
SquishyPanda
the broodmother from da:o is a nightmare beast
qLQeTFk.gif
xxxxx
ARAxlYW.png
oxDm2Un.png
FObX7rS.png
nWiQNX9.png
mlHpBMC.png
NQ1Ze0S.png
xxxxx 9121892.png
@inklizard - that, the orphanage in Denerim, and Branka.
@inklizard - that, the orphanage in Denerim, and Branka.
[quote name="inklizard" date=2017-04-18 19:55:25] the broodmother from da:o is a nightmare beast [/quote] This reminds me of something. Oozemancers in Tales of Maj'Eyal. The object of one is to steadily turn into a slime/ooze hybrid on purpose. There's a talent where the object is to make your organs not easy to spot by enemies via body horror. Oh, and parts can split off of you when hit forming oozes. [s]Thankfully[/s], this sort of thing isn't shown on a paperdoll except for summoned oozes. You just imagine the horror yourself.
inklizard wrote on 2017-04-18:
This reminds me of something. Oozemancers in Tales of Maj'Eyal.

The object of one is to steadily turn into a slime/ooze hybrid on purpose. There's a talent where the object is to make your organs not easy to spot by enemies via body horror. Oh, and parts can split off of you when hit forming oozes.

Thankfully, this sort of thing isn't shown on a paperdoll except for summoned oozes. You just imagine the horror yourself.
My writing project.
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 16 17