Back

General Discussion

Discuss your favorites: TV shows, music, games and hobbies.
TOPIC | Extravert Problems, Introverted Problem
1 2 3 4
Honestly I think it's so stupid to divide the world into extraverts and introverts the way so many people do. Most of us are not stereotypes. We are all complex people and usually everyone has a combination of extraverted and introverted traits--meaning, we all like to spend time with people and be accepted into a social circle, and we all like to have some time to ourselves. That's just how people are. You can't get hung up on labels and stereotypes.
Honestly I think it's so stupid to divide the world into extraverts and introverts the way so many people do. Most of us are not stereotypes. We are all complex people and usually everyone has a combination of extraverted and introverted traits--meaning, we all like to spend time with people and be accepted into a social circle, and we all like to have some time to ourselves. That's just how people are. You can't get hung up on labels and stereotypes.
BOAT.png bVSk6Wt.png gP2d9Ep.png
...yea. all these posts and cartoons about introverts are so annoying, they make people think that introverts are all sensitive little snowflakes who never leave the house and use being introverted as an excuse to be weird and antisocial :')
...yea. all these posts and cartoons about introverts are so annoying, they make people think that introverts are all sensitive little snowflakes who never leave the house and use being introverted as an excuse to be weird and antisocial :')
tumblr_p2igbpsXZ01s1rufio1_250.gif
micah
he/him
don't touch me I will lose my powers
be kind to everyone
you will play half life now λ
I'm pretty firmly introverted and even I get annoyed at seeing all the posts on how introverts are so deep and special. I make a conscious effort to put myself out there more because I view my tendency to neglect social bonding as a fault. Cause it is. It's weird to wear it as a badge of honor.
I'm pretty firmly introverted and even I get annoyed at seeing all the posts on how introverts are so deep and special. I make a conscious effort to put myself out there more because I view my tendency to neglect social bonding as a fault. Cause it is. It's weird to wear it as a badge of honor.
THE ILLNESS WILL BRING YOU PEACE.
SERENITY IS BORN FROM CERTAINTY AND YOUR SUFFERING IS CERTAIN.
I'm an introvert, but I know why extroverts are portrayed this way!

It's because it's the Internet!

There are, statistically, more introverts than extroverts online (I read this a while back) because introverts find this an easier method of interaction and communication, since it can be hard to find friends IRL if you're not really social. Especially for people age high school and up!

So yeah extroverts are kind portrayed as ridiculous by a lot of online places (sorry about that, it's pretty much all ridiculous and untrue) because those places are dominated by introverts and thus the stereotypes come from introverts.

Does that make any sense? I'm tired haha. XD
I'm an introvert, but I know why extroverts are portrayed this way!

It's because it's the Internet!

There are, statistically, more introverts than extroverts online (I read this a while back) because introverts find this an easier method of interaction and communication, since it can be hard to find friends IRL if you're not really social. Especially for people age high school and up!

So yeah extroverts are kind portrayed as ridiculous by a lot of online places (sorry about that, it's pretty much all ridiculous and untrue) because those places are dominated by introverts and thus the stereotypes come from introverts.

Does that make any sense? I'm tired haha. XD
Spr_B2W2_Emmet.png
Sym4.png
"There is no terminal called End in your life!"
Sym6.png Blue // they/he Sym5.png

Sym5.png Goals and Link DirectorySym6.png
Sym3.png
Spr_B2W2_Ingo.png
@OracleOreo00

I'm an outgoing introvert, which means social interaction tires me instead of energizes me but I still love being with people and making connections and new friends as long as I have my quiet moments as well. I've actually found all my extrovert friends to really enjoy books and be even more creative and expressive, which is totally awesome (you guys rock! <3)

Other introverts don't realize I'm one too because I'm super bubbly and bouncy if I'm comfortable in that setting, but what they don't know is that I go home and basically just melt or sometimes even start crying just because I can't handle so much stimuli even though I love people (I like to say 'I love people.. until I don't ;p). So, I guess that sums up how I am socially. To all you 'true' extroverts, I think we're all just jealous because you seem more in touch with your emotions and social life because we tend to go crazy suppressing how we really feel.

Then again, when I am more open and expressive I tend to weird people out because I freak them out with how outgoing and enthusiastic I get.

So, tl;dr, your place on the introversion and extroversionp ectrum really doesn't affect who you are as a person, at least in my experience, and stereotypes are ridiculous. Everyone is a little introverted and a little extroverted (I read that if anyone was fully one or the other, they'd be literally insane).
@OracleOreo00

I'm an outgoing introvert, which means social interaction tires me instead of energizes me but I still love being with people and making connections and new friends as long as I have my quiet moments as well. I've actually found all my extrovert friends to really enjoy books and be even more creative and expressive, which is totally awesome (you guys rock! <3)

Other introverts don't realize I'm one too because I'm super bubbly and bouncy if I'm comfortable in that setting, but what they don't know is that I go home and basically just melt or sometimes even start crying just because I can't handle so much stimuli even though I love people (I like to say 'I love people.. until I don't ;p). So, I guess that sums up how I am socially. To all you 'true' extroverts, I think we're all just jealous because you seem more in touch with your emotions and social life because we tend to go crazy suppressing how we really feel.

Then again, when I am more open and expressive I tend to weird people out because I freak them out with how outgoing and enthusiastic I get.

So, tl;dr, your place on the introversion and extroversionp ectrum really doesn't affect who you are as a person, at least in my experience, and stereotypes are ridiculous. Everyone is a little introverted and a little extroverted (I read that if anyone was fully one or the other, they'd be literally insane).

aKHNXwM.png
@Nekron I can agree with you on what you said, for some it sort of has become a badge of honor in a way.
@Nekron I can agree with you on what you said, for some it sort of has become a badge of honor in a way.
@Sacnite

Same.

@turtlee

((Cutest username 10/10))

@Stormdragon

Agreed.
@Sacnite

Same.

@turtlee

((Cutest username 10/10))

@Stormdragon

Agreed.
Frankenstein3.jpg
@nbproxy

100% agreed. It's just so hard to figure out if I'm actually being annoying or not sometimes with all the stereotyping.

@KitchenSink
((Nice username fren l-/))
Yes. It's honestly so tiring. I forgot to add that it goes both ways in stereotyping.

@Nekron
I don't see being drawn back a little as a terribly bad thing, I agree that it gets bad when it's used as I'm secluded because I am the wisest being on Earth. Honestly, who thinks that? Where did that stereotype even come from?

@ImpossibleJedi4
Makes perfect sense. I've always had a hard time finding friends mainly because I'm homeschooled?. It's nice finding other people with similar interests online.

@duskflower

Agreeing again. Thanks for clearing up it a bit!
@nbproxy

100% agreed. It's just so hard to figure out if I'm actually being annoying or not sometimes with all the stereotyping.

@KitchenSink
((Nice username fren l-/))
Yes. It's honestly so tiring. I forgot to add that it goes both ways in stereotyping.

@Nekron
I don't see being drawn back a little as a terribly bad thing, I agree that it gets bad when it's used as I'm secluded because I am the wisest being on Earth. Honestly, who thinks that? Where did that stereotype even come from?

@ImpossibleJedi4
Makes perfect sense. I've always had a hard time finding friends mainly because I'm homeschooled?. It's nice finding other people with similar interests online.

@duskflower

Agreeing again. Thanks for clearing up it a bit!
Frankenstein3.jpg
@OracleOreo00
Exactly! It's so much easier!
@OracleOreo00
Exactly! It's so much easier!
Spr_B2W2_Emmet.png
Sym4.png
"There is no terminal called End in your life!"
Sym6.png Blue // they/he Sym5.png

Sym5.png Goals and Link DirectorySym6.png
Sym3.png
Spr_B2W2_Ingo.png
@Nekron

Yes, I'm not a huge introvert but I don't like it at all, I don't like not having a lot of people to talk to :')

@OracleOreo00

Thanks fren

@ImpossibleJedi4

Oh that's interesting, i never thought of it like that! I guess it is true, I do have more internet friends than irl friends, yahoo

also:

If I see another "11 comics that sum up what it's like to be an introvert" I swear i will scream

And those "give introverts space and cookies and don't take silence for anger and we think more than we speak" things

No we are not delicate special flowers that are smarter and better than everyone else we just don't like to socialize as much :D
@Nekron

Yes, I'm not a huge introvert but I don't like it at all, I don't like not having a lot of people to talk to :')

@OracleOreo00

Thanks fren

@ImpossibleJedi4

Oh that's interesting, i never thought of it like that! I guess it is true, I do have more internet friends than irl friends, yahoo

also:

If I see another "11 comics that sum up what it's like to be an introvert" I swear i will scream

And those "give introverts space and cookies and don't take silence for anger and we think more than we speak" things

No we are not delicate special flowers that are smarter and better than everyone else we just don't like to socialize as much :D
tumblr_p2igbpsXZ01s1rufio1_250.gif
micah
he/him
don't touch me I will lose my powers
be kind to everyone
you will play half life now λ
1 2 3 4