Back

General Discussion

Discuss your favorites: TV shows, music, games and hobbies.
TOPIC | ZooTycoon?
1 2 3 4 5
Anyone still pick up ZooTycoon/ZooTycoon2 every now and again? There's just a nostalgic itch that only that game can scratch for me.
Anyone still pick up ZooTycoon/ZooTycoon2 every now and again? There's just a nostalgic itch that only that game can scratch for me.
S9yIg1.pngX21w01.png
27ag51.png
AoWiY1.pngKF6iE1.png
@flighthopper that game

made me who i am today
@flighthopper that game

made me who i am today
I like the first one! It felt like an easier RCT with animals, and that's cool with me.
I like the first one! It felt like an easier RCT with animals, and that's cool with me.
My writing project.
I have a copy of it that was included in a roller coaster tycoon bundle, I haven't played it a while though.
I have a copy of it that was included in a roller coaster tycoon bundle, I haven't played it a while though.
UZVTEBc.png
@pibolar

It did me too. I'm sad we'll probably not be getting any more of them though.

I love how easy ZooTycoon2 is to mod. I have so many mods installed I've honestly lost count. I love it so much.

@Chronosplit

I loved the first one too! It was the first computer game I'd played and really loved.

@Ceravine

It's never too late to relive a little piece of your childhood.
@pibolar

It did me too. I'm sad we'll probably not be getting any more of them though.

I love how easy ZooTycoon2 is to mod. I have so many mods installed I've honestly lost count. I love it so much.

@Chronosplit

I loved the first one too! It was the first computer game I'd played and really loved.

@Ceravine

It's never too late to relive a little piece of your childhood.
S9yIg1.pngX21w01.png
27ag51.png
AoWiY1.pngKF6iE1.png
Never played it, but I'd so try it! :o

Can you explain more about it?
Never played it, but I'd so try it! :o

Can you explain more about it?
@Gamer

It's a zoo sim game along the same lines of rollercoaster tycoon. You build a zoo and see how it runs. The simulation isn't very deep, especially in the first one, and the AI is dated and janky in the second one.

If you pick up the second one I strongly recommend modding it for the best experience.

That being said, it can be a lot of fun, especially if you're more into designing the zoo and the enclosures than you are micromanaging.
@Gamer

It's a zoo sim game along the same lines of rollercoaster tycoon. You build a zoo and see how it runs. The simulation isn't very deep, especially in the first one, and the AI is dated and janky in the second one.

If you pick up the second one I strongly recommend modding it for the best experience.

That being said, it can be a lot of fun, especially if you're more into designing the zoo and the enclosures than you are micromanaging.
S9yIg1.pngX21w01.png
27ag51.png
AoWiY1.pngKF6iE1.png
@FlightHopper

Ah got you. I loved the rollercoaster tycoon games! I had mall tycoon as well, and sea world.
@FlightHopper

Ah got you. I loved the rollercoaster tycoon games! I had mall tycoon as well, and sea world.
THAT GAME WAS MY LIFE AH. I would bring my dinky laptop over to my friend's every wednesday and we'd play Zoo Tycoon for hours, and we'd build each other exhibits on our birthdays in the game and stuff like that ;v; (What kind of kid had a laptop in the Zoo Tycoon era? I saved it from my uncle)
We had the most gorgeous zoo. So many little details. We loved putting people in enclosures and blocking the exits
THAT GAME WAS MY LIFE AH. I would bring my dinky laptop over to my friend's every wednesday and we'd play Zoo Tycoon for hours, and we'd build each other exhibits on our birthdays in the game and stuff like that ;v; (What kind of kid had a laptop in the Zoo Tycoon era? I saved it from my uncle)
We had the most gorgeous zoo. So many little details. We loved putting people in enclosures and blocking the exits
iiii_by_falconrex121-d8kz04t.pngiiii_by_falconrex121-d8kz085.pngiiiiiiiii_by_falconrex121-d8kz0bq.png
@Gamer

Well if you liked those then I recommend you try it out!

The Ultimate collection is around 30$ on Amazon, though you might find it cheaper elsewhere.
@Gamer

Well if you liked those then I recommend you try it out!

The Ultimate collection is around 30$ on Amazon, though you might find it cheaper elsewhere.
S9yIg1.pngX21w01.png
27ag51.png
AoWiY1.pngKF6iE1.png
1 2 3 4 5