Back

General Discussion

Discuss your favorites: TV shows, music, games and hobbies.
TOPIC | Fantasy Creatures
1 2 3 4
Since we're on a dragon breeding game, I'm going to assume you have at least some interest in dragons, so please discount them for this discussion.

What are your favourite fantasy creatures and why do you like them?

Tell me about those brilliant portrayals of them that you really loved. Conversely, are there any common ways of portraying them that annoy you?

And are there any obscure fantasy creatures that you wish were more well known?
Since we're on a dragon breeding game, I'm going to assume you have at least some interest in dragons, so please discount them for this discussion.

What are your favourite fantasy creatures and why do you like them?

Tell me about those brilliant portrayals of them that you really loved. Conversely, are there any common ways of portraying them that annoy you?

And are there any obscure fantasy creatures that you wish were more well known?
JWACnXB.gif UxreU62.png yMwAJm4.gif
@DragonWolfie

Any classics like werewolves and vampires are my favorites. (I loved them before twilight came along and ruined everything. (Sorry if you like twilight))

Another thing I like are demons or spirits from different cultures, Japan has some quite interesting ones.

Also any urban legends or SCPs are freaking awesome.
@DragonWolfie

Any classics like werewolves and vampires are my favorites. (I loved them before twilight came along and ruined everything. (Sorry if you like twilight))

Another thing I like are demons or spirits from different cultures, Japan has some quite interesting ones.

Also any urban legends or SCPs are freaking awesome.
100px-Noun_project_1110.svg.png100px-Noun_project_1110.svg.png100px-Noun_project_1110.svg.png100px-Noun_project_1110.svg.png100px-Noun_project_1110.svg.png
I was into harpies for a while, because I liked to doodle concepts for harpies of varying bird species. I made an osprey-based harpy as an oc that I had hoped at some point to bring into some kind of tabletop rpg.
I was into harpies for a while, because I liked to doodle concepts for harpies of varying bird species. I made an osprey-based harpy as an oc that I had hoped at some point to bring into some kind of tabletop rpg.
Cooking_Icon.pngCooking_Icon.pngCooking_Icon.png
I adore all types of mythology- if I've not heard of it, you can be darn sure I'm gonna research it. I especially love ghosts, kitsunes (Pretty much anything wolf or fox based tbh), demons and griffons. Honorable mentions to harpies and sirens, birbs are awesome.
I should go do more research on typical demons, actually. I mostly make my own renditions of them for specific purposes.
I adore all types of mythology- if I've not heard of it, you can be darn sure I'm gonna research it. I especially love ghosts, kitsunes (Pretty much anything wolf or fox based tbh), demons and griffons. Honorable mentions to harpies and sirens, birbs are awesome.
I should go do more research on typical demons, actually. I mostly make my own renditions of them for specific purposes.
wORSkxL.png
I like unicorns because they are magical and poop rainbows, I also like griffins and hippo griffin just because they are cross breeds.
I like unicorns because they are magical and poop rainbows, I also like griffins and hippo griffin just because they are cross breeds.
UZVTEBc.png
Changelings stole my heart. I'm really into the fae--have been since before my changeling and fairy folklore course a few semesters ago--so it's only fitting they're at the top of my list.
Otherwise, I'm rather fond of sphinxes and cat-related entities.
Changelings stole my heart. I'm really into the fae--have been since before my changeling and fairy folklore course a few semesters ago--so it's only fitting they're at the top of my list.
Otherwise, I'm rather fond of sphinxes and cat-related entities.
DOjF2sA.pngveAGxvx.gif
I think Wendigos are super cool (and terrifying)

I also think mermaids and sirens are pretty cool, too
I think Wendigos are super cool (and terrifying)

I also think mermaids and sirens are pretty cool, too
Kirin are among one of my favorite mythological creatures. [img]http://img14.deviantart.net/c633/i/2008/292/7/b/chinese_kirin_by_benathorn.jpg[/img] [img]https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/736x/6b/09/46/6b094698ba01bb54119ba04c7780c127.jpg[/img] [img]http://www.creativeuncut.com/gallery-05/art/gwf-monster-kirin3.jpg[/img]
Kirin are among one of my favorite mythological creatures.

chinese_kirin_by_benathorn.jpg

6b094698ba01bb54119ba04c7780c127.jpg

gwf-monster-kirin3.jpg
I've always been fascinated by the idea of Liches. The whole concept of essentially giving up your humanity for the sake of knowledge and power is just intriguing.
I've always been fascinated by the idea of Liches. The whole concept of essentially giving up your humanity for the sake of knowledge and power is just intriguing.
THE ILLNESS WILL BRING YOU PEACE.
SERENITY IS BORN FROM CERTAINTY AND YOUR SUFFERING IS CERTAIN.
Gargoyles.
and in case anyone asks, yes, that one episode of The Librarians did increase my interest, but that's not the entire reason
I like the idea that they could be sitting dormant among us. Like, every time I go to my grandma's house, I look at the little stone gargoyle at her doorstep, and I wonder, is there more to this thing than most people would care to notice? Is it waiting in silence, perhaps to guard the house?
Idk, I've just always been drawn to the idea that some mythical creatures could live among us, and I think gargoyles just seem like the most possible to me.
Gargoyles.
and in case anyone asks, yes, that one episode of The Librarians did increase my interest, but that's not the entire reason
I like the idea that they could be sitting dormant among us. Like, every time I go to my grandma's house, I look at the little stone gargoyle at her doorstep, and I wonder, is there more to this thing than most people would care to notice? Is it waiting in silence, perhaps to guard the house?
Idk, I've just always been drawn to the idea that some mythical creatures could live among us, and I think gargoyles just seem like the most possible to me.
aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
1 2 3 4