Back

General Discussion

Discuss your favorites: TV shows, music, games and hobbies.
TOPIC | Weird College Stories
1 2 ... 5 6 7 8 9 ... 36 37
@ImpossibleJedi4

I am not in college yet, but I do have weird school stories!

When I was in preschool, two boys got into a fight where they started actually punching and strangling each other, and all they got was a five minute time out! No phone call, no apology to each other, just a short time out!!!

In Kindergarten, we were in art class a student I will call Ambrosia (NOT her real name at all) reported feeling sick, with a gurgly stomach and nausea, to the teachers. They just said she was hungry and forced her to eat. She then threw up all over the table, stools, floor, and trashcan. She threw up for like 5 minutes nonstop, with something that looked like an expired stew. The room smelled like sour milk for three months, and the teacher didn't clean up the mess! All the teacher cared about was her paper, her cheap Crayola watercolor, and herself being clean!

In first grade, I moved schools six days in. I was new, but people really liked me and respected me. One time, I wasn't listening to where my teacher went, and with no substitute in the room, I had to wait for what I needed. I needed to pee really bad, and I held it in for 30 minutes, but eventually peed myself.

Second grade, my teacher wouldn't let us eat junk food, and would take our snack if it was bad. I was, and still am, extremely picky, and so I would starve when she would take my Oreos. My mom actually complained to the STAFF, and so I got to eat junk while everybody else starved or ate bland whole wheat crackers.

In third grade, we had a really bad teacher. She would gloat, talk bad about, and gossip about the other class, but also would be extremely harsh and call us disappointments when we did the slightest wrong. Hard year.

In fourth grade, I got an amazing teacher. He was fun, and he bought millions of pets, even brought his dog to school with STAFF permission one day! He told crazy stories, like how he was almost attacked by a panther, tore his rotator cuff, and got bitten by a baby rattlesnake, which is more dangerous than an adult because they cannot control their poison sacs yet. The craziest thing he did was call his girlfriend, who was also a teacher there, into his room, and proposed in front of us! She accepted, and they got married at the beginning of Summer Break.

Fifth grade was rough. I started becoming adolescent, and mood swings were rampaging. I had two awful friends who found out all of my personal info. and gossiped to other students behind my back. I lost ALL of my popularity I gained since first grade there, and I became trash on the side of an abandoned road

Sixth grade was worse, with me being trash in a dead forest with mutated animals feeding on me. My friends ratted me out for some horrible stuff I did, and it changed my life. I was never the same. I also drew a really bad picture when I was mad at a girl I will call Britney, and then showed it to her (I am an artist, so she understood it ALL) and I was suspended for three days. I also broke a science table, found a dead salamander that belonged to my science teacher in the bathroom, ran from school, saw people do competitions about how many cupcakes people could eat at once with hands behind their backs, and then throw up all over the table (I really hate throw up and actually fear it to the point I puke if I see it, hear it, smell it, or taste it after I puke). I really hate this school. It is a charter school that is K-8 and I am still trapped there!

I have more stories, but these are the main ones. Tell me if you want more >:)
@ImpossibleJedi4

I am not in college yet, but I do have weird school stories!

When I was in preschool, two boys got into a fight where they started actually punching and strangling each other, and all they got was a five minute time out! No phone call, no apology to each other, just a short time out!!!

In Kindergarten, we were in art class a student I will call Ambrosia (NOT her real name at all) reported feeling sick, with a gurgly stomach and nausea, to the teachers. They just said she was hungry and forced her to eat. She then threw up all over the table, stools, floor, and trashcan. She threw up for like 5 minutes nonstop, with something that looked like an expired stew. The room smelled like sour milk for three months, and the teacher didn't clean up the mess! All the teacher cared about was her paper, her cheap Crayola watercolor, and herself being clean!

In first grade, I moved schools six days in. I was new, but people really liked me and respected me. One time, I wasn't listening to where my teacher went, and with no substitute in the room, I had to wait for what I needed. I needed to pee really bad, and I held it in for 30 minutes, but eventually peed myself.

Second grade, my teacher wouldn't let us eat junk food, and would take our snack if it was bad. I was, and still am, extremely picky, and so I would starve when she would take my Oreos. My mom actually complained to the STAFF, and so I got to eat junk while everybody else starved or ate bland whole wheat crackers.

In third grade, we had a really bad teacher. She would gloat, talk bad about, and gossip about the other class, but also would be extremely harsh and call us disappointments when we did the slightest wrong. Hard year.

In fourth grade, I got an amazing teacher. He was fun, and he bought millions of pets, even brought his dog to school with STAFF permission one day! He told crazy stories, like how he was almost attacked by a panther, tore his rotator cuff, and got bitten by a baby rattlesnake, which is more dangerous than an adult because they cannot control their poison sacs yet. The craziest thing he did was call his girlfriend, who was also a teacher there, into his room, and proposed in front of us! She accepted, and they got married at the beginning of Summer Break.

Fifth grade was rough. I started becoming adolescent, and mood swings were rampaging. I had two awful friends who found out all of my personal info. and gossiped to other students behind my back. I lost ALL of my popularity I gained since first grade there, and I became trash on the side of an abandoned road

Sixth grade was worse, with me being trash in a dead forest with mutated animals feeding on me. My friends ratted me out for some horrible stuff I did, and it changed my life. I was never the same. I also drew a really bad picture when I was mad at a girl I will call Britney, and then showed it to her (I am an artist, so she understood it ALL) and I was suspended for three days. I also broke a science table, found a dead salamander that belonged to my science teacher in the bathroom, ran from school, saw people do competitions about how many cupcakes people could eat at once with hands behind their backs, and then throw up all over the table (I really hate throw up and actually fear it to the point I puke if I see it, hear it, smell it, or taste it after I puke). I really hate this school. It is a charter school that is K-8 and I am still trapped there!

I have more stories, but these are the main ones. Tell me if you want more >:)
OLAUQNQe_400x400.jpg
Oh god, I'm so sorry, I feel like more than anything I am that person, or at the very least, always around those people. There's never anything more than PG13 but hot dang it's been some strange series of years.

Like the time two of my friends and I were walking around campus at night freshman year, and found a tiny little bridge over a river and decided to go explore around the creek bed. As we're walking along, one of the guys is all like 'if someone walks over this bridge, I'm going to run out and ask them a riddle'. And we're like, 'oh uh huh sure' because it's like 2 am and realistically nobody is going to cross this tiny bridge that late at night. And then, footsteps. He dramatically shooshes us, and then sprints up from under the bridge in front of this person and proclaims in this wizened old voice "TO PASS, you must ANSWER my RIDDLE!" The person, understandably concerned, was surprisingly game about it, and successfully answered the sphinx's riddle. Friend steps aside, lets them cross, and just kind of wanders away.

I hid a cat in my room? For like two nights? I definitely started a cat underground railroad in my no-pets-allowed dorm but that's a really long story.

My boyfriend has a story I am shamelessly going to retell here: when he was unable to sleep at 3 am his freshman year, before we met at college a year later, he was wandering around campus and decided to climb a tree over a little wooded path. So, he's just chilling like 10 feet off the ground in a tree, listening to music on his phone and doing his thing when someone walks along the path under him. The person suddenly hears the really quiet sound of music from my boyfriend's phone, and they tentatively call out, "hello? Is someone there?" At which point he yells from directly over their heads, "I'M A RACCOON!"
Needless to say, they bolted.

Like you guys don't understand. I have so many weird stories. SO many.
Oh god, I'm so sorry, I feel like more than anything I am that person, or at the very least, always around those people. There's never anything more than PG13 but hot dang it's been some strange series of years.

Like the time two of my friends and I were walking around campus at night freshman year, and found a tiny little bridge over a river and decided to go explore around the creek bed. As we're walking along, one of the guys is all like 'if someone walks over this bridge, I'm going to run out and ask them a riddle'. And we're like, 'oh uh huh sure' because it's like 2 am and realistically nobody is going to cross this tiny bridge that late at night. And then, footsteps. He dramatically shooshes us, and then sprints up from under the bridge in front of this person and proclaims in this wizened old voice "TO PASS, you must ANSWER my RIDDLE!" The person, understandably concerned, was surprisingly game about it, and successfully answered the sphinx's riddle. Friend steps aside, lets them cross, and just kind of wanders away.

I hid a cat in my room? For like two nights? I definitely started a cat underground railroad in my no-pets-allowed dorm but that's a really long story.

My boyfriend has a story I am shamelessly going to retell here: when he was unable to sleep at 3 am his freshman year, before we met at college a year later, he was wandering around campus and decided to climb a tree over a little wooded path. So, he's just chilling like 10 feet off the ground in a tree, listening to music on his phone and doing his thing when someone walks along the path under him. The person suddenly hears the really quiet sound of music from my boyfriend's phone, and they tentatively call out, "hello? Is someone there?" At which point he yells from directly over their heads, "I'M A RACCOON!"
Needless to say, they bolted.

Like you guys don't understand. I have so many weird stories. SO many.
DOjF2sA.pngveAGxvx.gif
@Myeengun
XD Oh gosh those did me in! Tell more, if you have them!
@Myeengun
XD Oh gosh those did me in! Tell more, if you have them!
Spr_B2W2_Emmet.png
Sym4.png
"There is no terminal called End in your life!"
Sym6.png Blue // they/he Sym5.png

Sym5.png Goals and Link DirectorySym6.png
Sym3.png
Spr_B2W2_Ingo.png
[quote name="BattleATrueHero" date=2016-11-01 20:23:22] I still have two years before college, but this thread is very entertaining. [/quote] It is.
BattleATrueHero wrote on 2016-11-01:
I still have two years before college, but this thread is very entertaining.

It is.
OLAUQNQe_400x400.jpg
My college is kinda known for its graphic design program so it had its own designated rooms while everyone else had to trek across campus in between classes. One day a few of the guys notice one of the benches on the 4th floor is detached from the floor so they carried this huge wood and wrought iron thing down 3 flights of stairs into the design room where it stayed for years.
My college is kinda known for its graphic design program so it had its own designated rooms while everyone else had to trek across campus in between classes. One day a few of the guys notice one of the benches on the 4th floor is detached from the floor so they carried this huge wood and wrought iron thing down 3 flights of stairs into the design room where it stayed for years.
7qGKlIB.gif
I FORGOT ABOUT THE CHAIR.

There was this chair that was in the bathroom for a solid WEEK and someone kept? showering it??? Like, bam, the chair would be in the shower. We kept taking it out, but one time the shower was ON when my roommate walked in and the chair was in there. Eventually, we took it out of the bathroom and I left a note on it and it vanished.

Speaking of vanishing, one day the couch in our common room was stolen. We got it back.

One time our showerhead vanished at like 2 AM. I know this because I showered at midnight, and my roommate very early. Sometime between those two. So she goes to report it, and the hall guy looks in the bathroom and he's like, "... It's right there." It was back, somehow.
I FORGOT ABOUT THE CHAIR.

There was this chair that was in the bathroom for a solid WEEK and someone kept? showering it??? Like, bam, the chair would be in the shower. We kept taking it out, but one time the shower was ON when my roommate walked in and the chair was in there. Eventually, we took it out of the bathroom and I left a note on it and it vanished.

Speaking of vanishing, one day the couch in our common room was stolen. We got it back.

One time our showerhead vanished at like 2 AM. I know this because I showered at midnight, and my roommate very early. Sometime between those two. So she goes to report it, and the hall guy looks in the bathroom and he's like, "... It's right there." It was back, somehow.
Spr_B2W2_Emmet.png
Sym4.png
"There is no terminal called End in your life!"
Sym6.png Blue // they/he Sym5.png

Sym5.png Goals and Link DirectorySym6.png
Sym3.png
Spr_B2W2_Ingo.png
@ImpossibleJedi4 I've got to head to sleep, but I have one more that can tide you over if you want? It's about the time that my future suite mates and I played Lord of the Rings themed hide-and-seek across campus. Okay, so it's getting close to midnight, and you have a group of four or five nerdy girls all living on the same floor of the dorm, who had just finished watching the final lord of the rings movie in their binge-watching session. And we're like, major nerds. One of them owns the Hobbit in Latin. I am currently in a Tolkien Legendarium class with another one. (Perks of being a creative writing major, excuses to take nerdy fantasy courses). So, we all feel decently well versed in our Tolkien knowledge, and we want to have some kind of epic quest, so we decide to play hide and seek in teams, LotR style. The team that is hiding sends a text to the seekers with a cryptic, Lord of the Rings themed clue. (The search is campus-wide on a campus that takes 15-20 minutes to walk across, so it was the only way any of us would ever find each other.) So, you get clues like "The Prancing Pony" as the name of the tavern, turning out to be Starbucks, and so on. The fact you've got college kids playing Lord of the Rings hide and seek should be enough of a story, but maybe we played with hints that weren't strictly canon. A few days before, one of my friends had found a video of the actor who plays Frodo on a kids show and, well, [url=https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s4N-keKGa0c][b]it may be best if you understood the majesty of the Lord of the Dancey-Dance for yourself.[/url][/b] So we have that lingering in the back of our minds, and my teammate and I are walking along, and we find this little path along a lake. And there's a tiny cottage on by the lake, surrounded by small patches of woods, and right outside of it there's an overturned boat and this statue: [img]https://photos.smugmug.com/CampusBuildingsLandmarksandFac/Other-Landmarks/i-BZq73CQ/2/L/040525001-L.jpg[/img] you can probably image that stumbling across that in the middle of the night would be suitably horrifying. However, we were committed, and there was no way that we were going to pass up the chance to text our friends the reference hint of "do the puppet master". So, for like 20 minutes we're squatting on the ground next to this tiny locked up cottage and freaky as all heck statue, wondering if we're going to get murdered and high-fiving because even if we end up dead in the lake at least we had a rocking thematically-fitting hint and intense hiding spot. Not all of our excursions have to do with frightening other people, I promise! ;P Sometimes it's just us getting horribly spooked and nerding our way through it.
@ImpossibleJedi4

I've got to head to sleep, but I have one more that can tide you over if you want?
It's about the time that my future suite mates and I played Lord of the Rings themed hide-and-seek across campus.

Okay, so it's getting close to midnight, and you have a group of four or five nerdy girls all living on the same floor of the dorm, who had just finished watching the final lord of the rings movie in their binge-watching session. And we're like, major nerds. One of them owns the Hobbit in Latin. I am currently in a Tolkien Legendarium class with another one. (Perks of being a creative writing major, excuses to take nerdy fantasy courses). So, we all feel decently well versed in our Tolkien knowledge, and we want to have some kind of epic quest, so we decide to play hide and seek in teams, LotR style.

The team that is hiding sends a text to the seekers with a cryptic, Lord of the Rings themed clue. (The search is campus-wide on a campus that takes 15-20 minutes to walk across, so it was the only way any of us would ever find each other.) So, you get clues like "The Prancing Pony" as the name of the tavern, turning out to be Starbucks, and so on.

The fact you've got college kids playing Lord of the Rings hide and seek should be enough of a story, but maybe we played with hints that weren't strictly canon. A few days before, one of my friends had found a video of the actor who plays Frodo on a kids show and, well, it may be best if you understood the majesty of the Lord of the Dancey-Dance for yourself.

So we have that lingering in the back of our minds, and my teammate and I are walking along, and we find this little path along a lake. And there's a tiny cottage on by the lake, surrounded by small patches of woods, and right outside of it there's an overturned boat and this statue:

040525001-L.jpg

you can probably image that stumbling across that in the middle of the night would be suitably horrifying. However, we were committed, and there was no way that we were going to pass up the chance to text our friends the reference hint of "do the puppet master". So, for like 20 minutes we're squatting on the ground next to this tiny locked up cottage and freaky as all heck statue, wondering if we're going to get murdered and high-fiving because even if we end up dead in the lake at least we had a rocking thematically-fitting hint and intense hiding spot.

Not all of our excursions have to do with frightening other people, I promise! ;P Sometimes it's just us getting horribly spooked and nerding our way through it.
DOjF2sA.pngveAGxvx.gif
[quote name="CivElynBird" date=2016-11-01 16:22:15] One of the first weeks on campus, I had a gorilla knock on my dorm door. No reason. He was just knocking on everyone's door. I think he asked one girl for a hug. [/quote] HARAMBE BLESSED YOU!!!
CivElynBird wrote on 2016-11-01:
One of the first weeks on campus, I had a gorilla knock on my dorm door. No reason. He was just knocking on everyone's door. I think he asked one girl for a hug.

HARAMBE BLESSED YOU!!!
OLAUQNQe_400x400.jpg
[quote name="quincely" date=2016-11-01 18:14:33] Not really a weird college story, but today I learned my professor is friends with the ceo of buzzfeed and I don't know what to do with this information. [/quote] BUZZFEED IS CANCER TO ME AND I SHOULD KNOW, MY ASTROLOGICAL SIGN IS CANCER
quincely wrote on 2016-11-01:
Not really a weird college story, but today I learned my professor is friends with the ceo of buzzfeed and I don't know what to do with this information.

BUZZFEED IS CANCER TO ME
AND I SHOULD KNOW, MY ASTROLOGICAL SIGN IS CANCER
OLAUQNQe_400x400.jpg
@MissMagget
Oh shoot I also have "wood magically appearing in places it shouldn't be" stories, though again, it was maybe my fault, and probably a bit more pointless.
So somehow half of my dorm was going on a camping trip? We lived in an honors dorm, so the community was really tightly knit, but I was one of three people on the entire 50+ population floor not going, so I invited one of my friends over to hang out. (The same riddle guy from the bridge story.) So I walk outside to meet up with him, and we find this 9 ft long branch at the edge of the woods that looks like it may have once been a tree in its own right, like it was a gosh dang big stick. And we decide that, if everyone is going to be around nature, we should get to be around nature too, so we lug this massive branch up three flights of stairs together and put it in the common room.
It was named HashtagGeorge and lived there for like two weeks until the cleaning crew told us we had to take him back outside.
@MissMagget
Oh shoot I also have "wood magically appearing in places it shouldn't be" stories, though again, it was maybe my fault, and probably a bit more pointless.
So somehow half of my dorm was going on a camping trip? We lived in an honors dorm, so the community was really tightly knit, but I was one of three people on the entire 50+ population floor not going, so I invited one of my friends over to hang out. (The same riddle guy from the bridge story.) So I walk outside to meet up with him, and we find this 9 ft long branch at the edge of the woods that looks like it may have once been a tree in its own right, like it was a gosh dang big stick. And we decide that, if everyone is going to be around nature, we should get to be around nature too, so we lug this massive branch up three flights of stairs together and put it in the common room.
It was named HashtagGeorge and lived there for like two weeks until the cleaning crew told us we had to take him back outside.
DOjF2sA.pngveAGxvx.gif
1 2 ... 5 6 7 8 9 ... 36 37