Back

General Discussion

Discuss your favorites: TV shows, music, games and hobbies.
TOPIC | Weird College Stories
1 2 ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... 36 37
me & two of the guys living in three room above mine and a girl who lived down the hall got into this unofficial no-shoes contest that turned into an official no-shoes contest. the rules became 1) no shoes 2) sandals/flipflops acceptable 3) shoes were acceptable for working out in the gym or for lab safety or for events like concerts and recitals, but in terms of walking from point a to point b in campus, no shoes.

once it started snowing, it was just me & adam left, and we eventually just called it a draw after four inches of snow fell one night and we both showed up to the caf in flipflops and he was like "maybe we should call this a draw?" and i went "eh, sure. hey, look, you can tell which toes got frostbit from ski team!" and one of my floormates was like "what the hell, guys."
me & two of the guys living in three room above mine and a girl who lived down the hall got into this unofficial no-shoes contest that turned into an official no-shoes contest. the rules became 1) no shoes 2) sandals/flipflops acceptable 3) shoes were acceptable for working out in the gym or for lab safety or for events like concerts and recitals, but in terms of walking from point a to point b in campus, no shoes.

once it started snowing, it was just me & adam left, and we eventually just called it a draw after four inches of snow fell one night and we both showed up to the caf in flipflops and he was like "maybe we should call this a draw?" and i went "eh, sure. hey, look, you can tell which toes got frostbit from ski team!" and one of my floormates was like "what the hell, guys."
snow_scarf.gifdeepsea_sword.pngice_bibling_by_cicide76536-dciw58p.gifdeepsea_scarf.pngnight_ribbon.png
Two classes ago our physics teacher pulled out a bag of candy and set it on the desk during lab for everyone. And then last class he put out a cake.
He's definitely not bringing this stuff himself... all he takes to class is one normal-sized backpack. The lab assistants must have been having Halloween parties or something.

This is puzzling.
Two classes ago our physics teacher pulled out a bag of candy and set it on the desk during lab for everyone. And then last class he put out a cake.
He's definitely not bringing this stuff himself... all he takes to class is one normal-sized backpack. The lab assistants must have been having Halloween parties or something.

This is puzzling.
sig2.jpg
I bet that I'm one of the sources of the weird college stories at my school.
The entire week of Halloween, I dressed in a different costume each day and went to classes as usual.
I frequently walk around the dorm with my tiger onesie.
I'll wear tails rather often...
You get the point! Liberal arts college for the win! They let me do all this crazy stuff and even compliment me!
I bet that I'm one of the sources of the weird college stories at my school.
The entire week of Halloween, I dressed in a different costume each day and went to classes as usual.
I frequently walk around the dorm with my tiger onesie.
I'll wear tails rather often...
You get the point! Liberal arts college for the win! They let me do all this crazy stuff and even compliment me!
Ferberus tumblr_inline_odefuuK3iq1s3vc1u_400.png Calico Ferberus
Go read The Big U by Neal Stephenson!
College was a ways back for me, so I can't remember anything too crazy. Just the weirdness of getting lost in several of the many buildings, popping out a random door, and wondering where the hell I was. I wish I'd explored more, cuz old buildings usually have some crazy stuff hidden away in basements and forgotten rooms.
Go read The Big U by Neal Stephenson!
College was a ways back for me, so I can't remember anything too crazy. Just the weirdness of getting lost in several of the many buildings, popping out a random door, and wondering where the hell I was. I wish I'd explored more, cuz old buildings usually have some crazy stuff hidden away in basements and forgotten rooms.
idzY2uK.png
Uh let's see...We have a lot of ducks and geese on campus, and one time my friend was pretty sure she saw a duck murdering another duck, so now we call the murdering duck Melvin. He's a jerk. And my friend feeds one of the geese out of her hand, and has named him Larry. Larry's cool.

Our orchestra puts on a childrens concert where they perform for kids and this year they decided to dress up for their songs. I got to see a baritone player play his solo for Jurrasic Park in one of those dinosaur costumes. That was interesting.

Me and some friends use to sneak into this one part of the campus caf where they had a coffee machine that was free to use. I mean, it wasn't really sneaking because they kept the door open, but I still imagine they didn't want us doing that lol. Man I'm sure I have a lot more stories but I can't think of them!
Uh let's see...We have a lot of ducks and geese on campus, and one time my friend was pretty sure she saw a duck murdering another duck, so now we call the murdering duck Melvin. He's a jerk. And my friend feeds one of the geese out of her hand, and has named him Larry. Larry's cool.

Our orchestra puts on a childrens concert where they perform for kids and this year they decided to dress up for their songs. I got to see a baritone player play his solo for Jurrasic Park in one of those dinosaur costumes. That was interesting.

Me and some friends use to sneak into this one part of the campus caf where they had a coffee machine that was free to use. I mean, it wasn't really sneaking because they kept the door open, but I still imagine they didn't want us doing that lol. Man I'm sure I have a lot more stories but I can't think of them!
Last year I was signed up for an introductory course in philosophy and the professor was a very eccentric man; he wore a nice suit accompanied with combat boots and a silver briefcase always in tow. During his first lecture he made it very clear that he wasn't interested in our emotions as they were irrelevant and uninteresting. Fair enough.

Two days in and things are picking up fast. His language is very colorful and he claims to only sleep for 3 hours a night, every night. As he was discussing the first chapter he stops, mid sentence, and just stares blankly. The students around me are looking at each other in confusion. After a few moments of silence, he jerks his head to one side and blinks rapidly before speaking, "...I swear....I swear a cat just ran across those tables." He continued to the other side of the room towards the windows an proceeded to close all of the blinds, muttering "The sun is the bane of my existence."

I ended up switching it out for an anthropology course instead...but that week with him was something else.
Last year I was signed up for an introductory course in philosophy and the professor was a very eccentric man; he wore a nice suit accompanied with combat boots and a silver briefcase always in tow. During his first lecture he made it very clear that he wasn't interested in our emotions as they were irrelevant and uninteresting. Fair enough.

Two days in and things are picking up fast. His language is very colorful and he claims to only sleep for 3 hours a night, every night. As he was discussing the first chapter he stops, mid sentence, and just stares blankly. The students around me are looking at each other in confusion. After a few moments of silence, he jerks his head to one side and blinks rapidly before speaking, "...I swear....I swear a cat just ran across those tables." He continued to the other side of the room towards the windows an proceeded to close all of the blinds, muttering "The sun is the bane of my existence."

I ended up switching it out for an anthropology course instead...but that week with him was something else.
S5L97dq.gif
Speaking of philosophy professors, mine once paused in mid sentence and said:
"Well, this is embarrassing."
He then promptly left the room.

While he was gone a couple of people started discussing what might happen if everybody just got up and left.

A couple minutes later our professor came back and resumed class as if nothing had happened. I'm still wondering.
Speaking of philosophy professors, mine once paused in mid sentence and said:
"Well, this is embarrassing."
He then promptly left the room.

While he was gone a couple of people started discussing what might happen if everybody just got up and left.

A couple minutes later our professor came back and resumed class as if nothing had happened. I'm still wondering.
sig2.jpg
My philosophy professor was one half an hour late to class. |D
My philosophy professor was one half an hour late to class. |D
Spr_B2W2_Emmet.png
Sym4.png
"There is no terminal called End in your life!"
Sym6.png Blue // they/he Sym5.png

Sym5.png Goals and Link DirectorySym6.png
Sym3.png
Spr_B2W2_Ingo.png
We had a philosophy professor who looked like Mr. Clean. Our TA told us that he would come to his office and change his clothes for what appeared to be no reason. He had an eccentric air for sure.

I had an annoying seatmate who smelled like wet armpits and would talk forever if he pointed her out of the class. Thus he wouldn't call on me or look at me ever because I was too close to the danger zone :T
We had a philosophy professor who looked like Mr. Clean. Our TA told us that he would come to his office and change his clothes for what appeared to be no reason. He had an eccentric air for sure.

I had an annoying seatmate who smelled like wet armpits and would talk forever if he pointed her out of the class. Thus he wouldn't call on me or look at me ever because I was too close to the danger zone :T
At animation club, we were all just dying drawing concept art for all our projects. The lights were all out, and an upperclassman comes by and asks me, "Hey how are you doing?"

I look up from my laptop, I still only have a face drawn that I am not happy with. I am thinking about the Chemistry exam that I am not studying for, and the fact that I haven't eaten in seven hours. I just say, "Staying alive."

And because the Bee Gees song, Stayin' Alive, is one of my favorite songs, I just start singing it out loud. Suddenly everyone else around me starts singing it too, and really out of tune. What started out as me just singing my favorite disco song turned into a marathon of watching old musical clips, played really loudly from the graduate computer lab at the art building at 9PM.
At animation club, we were all just dying drawing concept art for all our projects. The lights were all out, and an upperclassman comes by and asks me, "Hey how are you doing?"

I look up from my laptop, I still only have a face drawn that I am not happy with. I am thinking about the Chemistry exam that I am not studying for, and the fact that I haven't eaten in seven hours. I just say, "Staying alive."

And because the Bee Gees song, Stayin' Alive, is one of my favorite songs, I just start singing it out loud. Suddenly everyone else around me starts singing it too, and really out of tune. What started out as me just singing my favorite disco song turned into a marathon of watching old musical clips, played really loudly from the graduate computer lab at the art building at 9PM.
WMCEgD8.pngBBbdtM7.gif9NebY9Q.gifECIFNWP.png
1 2 ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... 36 37