Back

General Discussion

Discuss your favorites: TV shows, music, games and hobbies.
TOPIC | Weird College Stories
1 2 ... 28 29 30 31 32 ... 36 37
I haven't actually gone to college yet but I used to walk around this college campus where the security guards would speed around on golf carts labeled PUBLIC SAFETY and they dangerously swerved past an old lady...
I haven't actually gone to college yet but I used to walk around this college campus where the security guards would speed around on golf carts labeled PUBLIC SAFETY and they dangerously swerved past an old lady...
68572896.png88337571.pnghe / him 110.png be kind pls87747951.png64198642.png
I'm subscribing to this XD
I'm subscribing to this XD
xOx6dvL.pngBMIbHme.png
I know that a lot of colleges do this, but the night before finals' week, everyone would go out onto the quad and scream at midnight.
I know that a lot of colleges do this, but the night before finals' week, everyone would go out onto the quad and scream at midnight.
tumblr_pshm8gf6Wq1vb7houo1_500.png
XD This is back?
XD This is back?
Spr_B2W2_Emmet.png
Sym4.png
"There is no terminal called End in your life!"
Sym6.png Blue // they/he Sym5.png

Sym5.png Goals and Link DirectorySym6.png
Sym3.png
Spr_B2W2_Ingo.png
@Myeengun

This is a very late reply/long callback but.

I need to know about the dorm cat underground railroad, man.

I NEED to know.
@Myeengun

This is a very late reply/long callback but.

I need to know about the dorm cat underground railroad, man.

I NEED to know.
9ZmzY.gif
@lillian1744

The what???
@lillian1744

The what???
djME0U2.gif
I went to an art college. So, yeah. That was certainly A Thing.

- The building, for obvious reasons, only had freight elevators in the place of normal passenger ones. So, one morning I show up early (think 6 am-ish) to get a bit of work time in before class. Elevator arrives, doors open to BLASTING disco music. Elevator is fully kitted out, including multiple disco balls and blacklights. 15 people conga line out of the elevator, do a lap around me, the doors close and it leaves. I take the stairs.

- Sculpture student secures government grant, immeadiately runs out and uses it to buy a brand-new dumpster which he converts into a wood-burning hot tub. In lieu of an opening he has a hillbilly hot tub party, complete with jug band + stage surrounded by chicken wire so you could throw bottles at it.

-The arcade machine in the student lounge one of the students bought and reprogrammed the sprites in so you could play as a variety of professors and staff. The dean was a character, and whenever you punched him money flew out.

-That time a group of painting students duct-taped five or so naked people of assorted genders to the wall in the main atrium, for some reason.

-the time a student secured a show slot at the college's main atrium gallery and all he did with it was turn it into a full-service tiki bar for three weeks. He was turning such a profit the college made him shut it down prematurely.

-That time the art history professor taught us how to carve a proper apple pipe.

-Bob Ross summoning circles chalked out on the floor in the main atrium in the weeks leading up to Final Critique.

There are a lot more, I'm sure, but this is what I remember off the top of my head.
I went to an art college. So, yeah. That was certainly A Thing.

- The building, for obvious reasons, only had freight elevators in the place of normal passenger ones. So, one morning I show up early (think 6 am-ish) to get a bit of work time in before class. Elevator arrives, doors open to BLASTING disco music. Elevator is fully kitted out, including multiple disco balls and blacklights. 15 people conga line out of the elevator, do a lap around me, the doors close and it leaves. I take the stairs.

- Sculpture student secures government grant, immeadiately runs out and uses it to buy a brand-new dumpster which he converts into a wood-burning hot tub. In lieu of an opening he has a hillbilly hot tub party, complete with jug band + stage surrounded by chicken wire so you could throw bottles at it.

-The arcade machine in the student lounge one of the students bought and reprogrammed the sprites in so you could play as a variety of professors and staff. The dean was a character, and whenever you punched him money flew out.

-That time a group of painting students duct-taped five or so naked people of assorted genders to the wall in the main atrium, for some reason.

-the time a student secured a show slot at the college's main atrium gallery and all he did with it was turn it into a full-service tiki bar for three weeks. He was turning such a profit the college made him shut it down prematurely.

-That time the art history professor taught us how to carve a proper apple pipe.

-Bob Ross summoning circles chalked out on the floor in the main atrium in the weeks leading up to Final Critique.

There are a lot more, I'm sure, but this is what I remember off the top of my head.
I majored in political science and am currently working towards a master's degree.

During my first year in the M.A. program our faculty was host to the biggest political science convention in Germany. A couple of colleagues and I were on the support team and man, there were a lot of weird / awesome moments. Highlights include:

- They had this election for a new chair and management of the association. It took them ages to get on with it. About an hour after the anouncement of the election outcome and after the mandatory acceptance speeches the freshly apointed chair decides he doesn't want the job after all. Because none of his supporters got voted into management. It was around 1 AM at this time. They had been in there for six hours straight. 300 gradstudents, post-docs and professors turned into an angry mob.

- Cut to the next day. They had to reschedule the election for the afternoon. Nobody was pleased. A lot of attendees stop to ask us for the nearest place to get beer at. There is not much around. On of my colleagues on the support team goes: "Wait a minute. We still have like six crates in the student representatives' office." We kind of just looked at each other. An hour later there is a stack of twelve crates of beer in the atrium of our biggest auditorium with a sign printed out in Comic Sans stuck to it. We sold all of it in less than an hour and were hailed as the heroes of the convention.

- The professor of the structure of political systems not realizing he could not use the same election card as the day before and having to climb out over the back of his chair.
I majored in political science and am currently working towards a master's degree.

During my first year in the M.A. program our faculty was host to the biggest political science convention in Germany. A couple of colleagues and I were on the support team and man, there were a lot of weird / awesome moments. Highlights include:

- They had this election for a new chair and management of the association. It took them ages to get on with it. About an hour after the anouncement of the election outcome and after the mandatory acceptance speeches the freshly apointed chair decides he doesn't want the job after all. Because none of his supporters got voted into management. It was around 1 AM at this time. They had been in there for six hours straight. 300 gradstudents, post-docs and professors turned into an angry mob.

- Cut to the next day. They had to reschedule the election for the afternoon. Nobody was pleased. A lot of attendees stop to ask us for the nearest place to get beer at. There is not much around. On of my colleagues on the support team goes: "Wait a minute. We still have like six crates in the student representatives' office." We kind of just looked at each other. An hour later there is a stack of twelve crates of beer in the atrium of our biggest auditorium with a sign printed out in Comic Sans stuck to it. We sold all of it in less than an hour and were hailed as the heroes of the convention.

- The professor of the structure of political systems not realizing he could not use the same election card as the day before and having to climb out over the back of his chair.
vCPT6OV.pngcaponesignature_by_kaffeeaddict-dbff7dn.png
@Tupelo It was briefly mentioned in a post on like page 7 of this thread.
@Tupelo It was briefly mentioned in a post on like page 7 of this thread.
9ZmzY.gif
Last year at my college, in the SAGA house, there was a strange beeping noise coming from somewhere. It happened at exactly 1:34 (or some other ridiculously specific time) every single morning and woke the people living in SAGA up. Nobody knew what it was until later in the year.

As it turned out, there was a forgotten crawlspace under the SAGA house that had been blocked off and unused for a long time, as far as the people living there knew. And in that crawlspace was a single chair... with an alarm clock on it, that was still functional, and set to go off at the ridiculously specific time every single morning.

So one of the people living there took to Facebook to announce to the entire college that there was obviously a hairless mole living in the basement of SAGA that woke up at that time every morning and crept out to the rest of the house to steal Dorito crumbs and other snacks, and then slept through the day. About 5 people responded with "Woops, sorry, that's just me, I'm the hairless mole in your basement, I'll try to be more quiet" and one person made a door decoration for the hairless mole to hang on the door to the crawlspace.
Last year at my college, in the SAGA house, there was a strange beeping noise coming from somewhere. It happened at exactly 1:34 (or some other ridiculously specific time) every single morning and woke the people living in SAGA up. Nobody knew what it was until later in the year.

As it turned out, there was a forgotten crawlspace under the SAGA house that had been blocked off and unused for a long time, as far as the people living there knew. And in that crawlspace was a single chair... with an alarm clock on it, that was still functional, and set to go off at the ridiculously specific time every single morning.

So one of the people living there took to Facebook to announce to the entire college that there was obviously a hairless mole living in the basement of SAGA that woke up at that time every morning and crept out to the rest of the house to steal Dorito crumbs and other snacks, and then slept through the day. About 5 people responded with "Woops, sorry, that's just me, I'm the hairless mole in your basement, I'll try to be more quiet" and one person made a door decoration for the hairless mole to hang on the door to the crawlspace.
image.png
"If to feel pain is my fate, then I have just one thing to say: Here in my scar-covered heart, color will always exist!"
Link 1
Link 2
Link 3
image.png
1 2 ... 28 29 30 31 32 ... 36 37