Back

General Discussion

Discuss your favorites: TV shows, music, games and hobbies.
TOPIC | Weird College Stories
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 36 37
These kids blasted music while dancing, and walking, through every hall of my dorm building. The music they were blasting? Lion King, OH I JUST CAN'T WAIT TO BE KING!!

So many fire alarms. SO MANY! WHY DOES NO ONE KNOW HOW TO COOK POPCORN! Seriously.

This is a dry campus, so we get the odd drunks coming back who don't know how to act.

Watching people wear suits, others wearing pajamas to class.

Crazy stuff happens in college.
These kids blasted music while dancing, and walking, through every hall of my dorm building. The music they were blasting? Lion King, OH I JUST CAN'T WAIT TO BE KING!!

So many fire alarms. SO MANY! WHY DOES NO ONE KNOW HOW TO COOK POPCORN! Seriously.

This is a dry campus, so we get the odd drunks coming back who don't know how to act.

Watching people wear suits, others wearing pajamas to class.

Crazy stuff happens in college.
E2amngG.png04n5rQx.png8th6mfc.pngtPW2xgo.pngarOGchX.png
I still have two years before college, but this thread is very entertaining.
I still have two years before college, but this thread is very entertaining.
I7a1ndF.pngOxagJgG.pngWBC5JG3.pngwOEIAes.png
The back corner of the cafeteria at my college has become the somewhat official place for all the geeks to play Magic the Gathering and role-playing games on their laptops and the like. One time, I saw a group had plugged in a small TV and a GameCube and were playing Super Smash Bros Melee. All I could think of was "Whose responsibility is it to carry a TV around campus, let alone to the cafeteria to plug it in?"

I've also seen some rather odd costumes walking around campus at various points. Once I saw a guy in red and black tux and tails, with a top hat with goggles on it. Another time I saw a girl dressed up as a Newsie, complete with stack of school newspapers and dirt smears.

This Halloween there was somebody dressed in full Worbla armor with a spiky wig sitting in the cafeteria. Probably from some anime or video game I didn't recognize. There was also a Draco Malfoy wandering around.

During my first semester, I had a class in a particular building and usually saw the same group of people before my class, since their class was around the same time near my classroom. One of the students in this group was in a theatre makeup class, and occasionally I'd see her with fake facial scarring or some other made-up wound.

She also kept changing her accent - for a couple of weeks it was British, for a couple more it was a Southern accent - because she said that she picked up so easily on others' accents and couldn't stop speaking like them.

Since my college is a community college in the town that I grew up in, I've run into a number of people who have recognized me from a variety of places, usually youth group at church or high school. One day, I was walking to Color Theory class and I see a young man walking around asking if he can use a phone (I think he left his cell phone in his parents' car). He approaches me, freezes, and then calls me by name, saying that he remembered me from elementary school. I could not for the life of me remember which grade this kid was from, and I had no idea how he recognized me with:

a) A much shorter haircut than I had in elementary school
b) Glasses, which I did not have for 85% of elementary school
c) A hat which covered my head
d) Sunglasses which covered most of my face
e) Lord knows how many years of time between the time I saw him last

Guess my androgynous face is hard to forget. Anyway, I let him use my phone and we parted ways, and the entire time I was trying to remember who this guy was. It didn't help that he grew a beard, which of course no elementary schooler has, which made it harder to attach the new face to an old one.
The back corner of the cafeteria at my college has become the somewhat official place for all the geeks to play Magic the Gathering and role-playing games on their laptops and the like. One time, I saw a group had plugged in a small TV and a GameCube and were playing Super Smash Bros Melee. All I could think of was "Whose responsibility is it to carry a TV around campus, let alone to the cafeteria to plug it in?"

I've also seen some rather odd costumes walking around campus at various points. Once I saw a guy in red and black tux and tails, with a top hat with goggles on it. Another time I saw a girl dressed up as a Newsie, complete with stack of school newspapers and dirt smears.

This Halloween there was somebody dressed in full Worbla armor with a spiky wig sitting in the cafeteria. Probably from some anime or video game I didn't recognize. There was also a Draco Malfoy wandering around.

During my first semester, I had a class in a particular building and usually saw the same group of people before my class, since their class was around the same time near my classroom. One of the students in this group was in a theatre makeup class, and occasionally I'd see her with fake facial scarring or some other made-up wound.

She also kept changing her accent - for a couple of weeks it was British, for a couple more it was a Southern accent - because she said that she picked up so easily on others' accents and couldn't stop speaking like them.

Since my college is a community college in the town that I grew up in, I've run into a number of people who have recognized me from a variety of places, usually youth group at church or high school. One day, I was walking to Color Theory class and I see a young man walking around asking if he can use a phone (I think he left his cell phone in his parents' car). He approaches me, freezes, and then calls me by name, saying that he remembered me from elementary school. I could not for the life of me remember which grade this kid was from, and I had no idea how he recognized me with:

a) A much shorter haircut than I had in elementary school
b) Glasses, which I did not have for 85% of elementary school
c) A hat which covered my head
d) Sunglasses which covered most of my face
e) Lord knows how many years of time between the time I saw him last

Guess my androgynous face is hard to forget. Anyway, I let him use my phone and we parted ways, and the entire time I was trying to remember who this guy was. It didn't help that he grew a beard, which of course no elementary schooler has, which made it harder to attach the new face to an old one.
Hey, friendly reminder to drink water, stretch, and take a short break if you can. Stay healthy! Also, don't forget about any chores or tasks you might be putting off.
So I graduated from college this past spring but the most memorable thing was probably the music/dance show that was put on at the end of the semester my sophomore year. Most of the show was fine up to the point that the Music Improv class went up. I still don't have the words to properly describe it other than an absolute horror show/demon summoning. I will now quote my initial reaction/description of the thing because it is the most detailed/best description I will ever be able to get.

"Holy s***. I…. I just witnessed the most horrifying thing I have ever seen. I’m still really shaken because I just…. That was terrifying. So I went to this music/dance show thing and it was normal. Not amazing or anything, but not really bad. Then, after the acapella group finished, the last group came on.

I thought it was just an improv group but instead it was from the class Music Improv. They put all their props (at least 50-100) all over the stage. Then…. they started performing. At first it was kind of normal, just messing around with bells and drums and the piano. Then one of the professors started dancing around with tin foil and throwing huge sheets of it in the air and a record started playing backwards. One of the students started messing with a weird radio contraption thing that made freaky squeaking noises. And then the professor started finger painting and there was a giant water container being kicked around. Then he started reading from a book but it sounded like it wasn't English at all. And one person was playing with an eggbeater and another was using the electric piano and the other professor was using a weird wooden frog rubb-y instrument. Then they suddenly switched and the other started reading and went over to the microphone and it sounded like he was making water noises but I think he was actually reading. When he finished it was entirely silent. We hesitantly started clapping because we thought it was over. It wasn’t.

Then the professor who hadn’t been reading threw himself on the floor and everyone rushed over and covered him in tin foil while he made kind of screaming noises. Everyone ran around using the radio thing and piano again. Then the reading professor found a small light and began rapidly flashing it while making faces between each flash. One of the people started painting again and the professor on the ground, still covered in tin foil started making farting noises while clapping his hands and occasionally moaning. That is the point that me and one of my only remaining friends ran for it because it was absolutely terrifying. It was almost like a scene ripped directly out of Don’t Hug Me I’m Scared."

Yeah. So that was a thing that happened. Directly quoted from 2 years ago and just as terrifying in my memory. I also distinctly remember someone waving around giant cardboard cutouts of the Humor/Tragedy masks. And I'm SURE a ton of other stuff happened that was left out because my brain just blocked out the memory or couldn't contain that much.
So I graduated from college this past spring but the most memorable thing was probably the music/dance show that was put on at the end of the semester my sophomore year. Most of the show was fine up to the point that the Music Improv class went up. I still don't have the words to properly describe it other than an absolute horror show/demon summoning. I will now quote my initial reaction/description of the thing because it is the most detailed/best description I will ever be able to get.

"Holy s***. I…. I just witnessed the most horrifying thing I have ever seen. I’m still really shaken because I just…. That was terrifying. So I went to this music/dance show thing and it was normal. Not amazing or anything, but not really bad. Then, after the acapella group finished, the last group came on.

I thought it was just an improv group but instead it was from the class Music Improv. They put all their props (at least 50-100) all over the stage. Then…. they started performing. At first it was kind of normal, just messing around with bells and drums and the piano. Then one of the professors started dancing around with tin foil and throwing huge sheets of it in the air and a record started playing backwards. One of the students started messing with a weird radio contraption thing that made freaky squeaking noises. And then the professor started finger painting and there was a giant water container being kicked around. Then he started reading from a book but it sounded like it wasn't English at all. And one person was playing with an eggbeater and another was using the electric piano and the other professor was using a weird wooden frog rubb-y instrument. Then they suddenly switched and the other started reading and went over to the microphone and it sounded like he was making water noises but I think he was actually reading. When he finished it was entirely silent. We hesitantly started clapping because we thought it was over. It wasn’t.

Then the professor who hadn’t been reading threw himself on the floor and everyone rushed over and covered him in tin foil while he made kind of screaming noises. Everyone ran around using the radio thing and piano again. Then the reading professor found a small light and began rapidly flashing it while making faces between each flash. One of the people started painting again and the professor on the ground, still covered in tin foil started making farting noises while clapping his hands and occasionally moaning. That is the point that me and one of my only remaining friends ran for it because it was absolutely terrifying. It was almost like a scene ripped directly out of Don’t Hug Me I’m Scared."

Yeah. So that was a thing that happened. Directly quoted from 2 years ago and just as terrifying in my memory. I also distinctly remember someone waving around giant cardboard cutouts of the Humor/Tragedy masks. And I'm SURE a ton of other stuff happened that was left out because my brain just blocked out the memory or couldn't contain that much.
BFBBannerLong.png
1. a professor blasted his way from one end of the classroom all the way to the exit, while riding a kid's motorcycle fuelled by a fire extinguisher. All to demonstrate Newton's second law.

2. a whole hoard of puppies, goats and bunnies were brought into the uni during exam week to blow off some stress. Standard every year also are jumping castles and origami spots.

3. there's this one blackboard in a classroom that keeps sliding its way up to the ceiling, by itself; we have no idea how.

4. once a classroom's mike frequency (located somewhere upstairs) was tuned to our class's speakers, so we could hear everything they were talking about (and they had no knowledge of this). Now, imagine this: our class was a standard, quiet maths class. The people talking sounded like a couple of students, gossiping. But we could only hear the one person speaking, so it was a lot of 'hahaha', 'mm', 'ohh', etc - intermix this with my professor's talking, so it sounded something like this;

'now if we apply the orthogonality relations-'
'mmMMMmm'
'-we can extract the value of this variable-'
'ohhh'

needless to say it was hilarious
1. a professor blasted his way from one end of the classroom all the way to the exit, while riding a kid's motorcycle fuelled by a fire extinguisher. All to demonstrate Newton's second law.

2. a whole hoard of puppies, goats and bunnies were brought into the uni during exam week to blow off some stress. Standard every year also are jumping castles and origami spots.

3. there's this one blackboard in a classroom that keeps sliding its way up to the ceiling, by itself; we have no idea how.

4. once a classroom's mike frequency (located somewhere upstairs) was tuned to our class's speakers, so we could hear everything they were talking about (and they had no knowledge of this). Now, imagine this: our class was a standard, quiet maths class. The people talking sounded like a couple of students, gossiping. But we could only hear the one person speaking, so it was a lot of 'hahaha', 'mm', 'ohh', etc - intermix this with my professor's talking, so it sounded something like this;

'now if we apply the orthogonality relations-'
'mmMMMmm'
'-we can extract the value of this variable-'
'ohhh'

needless to say it was hilarious
@SleepyKitty
What... The heck.... I think that one takes the cake so far.

Two more from me:

-My roommate and I have been to two of the same concerts in the past five years and didn't know it. Also another one of my friends here was at one of the concerts

-I have a large friend group and we all try and sit at one of those standard sized round tables. Our current record is 14.
@SleepyKitty
What... The heck.... I think that one takes the cake so far.

Two more from me:

-My roommate and I have been to two of the same concerts in the past five years and didn't know it. Also another one of my friends here was at one of the concerts

-I have a large friend group and we all try and sit at one of those standard sized round tables. Our current record is 14.
Spr_B2W2_Emmet.png
Sym4.png
"There is no terminal called End in your life!"
Sym6.png Blue // they/he Sym5.png

Sym5.png Goals and Link DirectorySym6.png
Sym3.png
Spr_B2W2_Ingo.png
*quietly subs to thread*
*quietly subs to thread*
Caught between the mundanely awkward and the existentially impossible.
-Alice Isn't Dead, Part 2, chapter 4, 11:55

I live in a college town and go to high school on campus, so I've had plenty of interaction with college students. The weirdest story I can think of I wasn't even present for, though. Once, my friend had a student walk up and give him a taco-shaped hat. Just... "do you want this?" "Uh... okay"

He still has it.

Another time, on my birthday, my birthday entourage walked into a local restaurant just as a pair of students were leaving, each carrying a huge pile of take out. As we're walking in, one turns to the other and says, in a deep raspy voice, "ONIONS." then they left.
I live in a college town and go to high school on campus, so I've had plenty of interaction with college students. The weirdest story I can think of I wasn't even present for, though. Once, my friend had a student walk up and give him a taco-shaped hat. Just... "do you want this?" "Uh... okay"

He still has it.

Another time, on my birthday, my birthday entourage walked into a local restaurant just as a pair of students were leaving, each carrying a huge pile of take out. As we're walking in, one turns to the other and says, in a deep raspy voice, "ONIONS." then they left.
I've just started highschool, and I'm homeschooled, but this thread is amazing
I've just started highschool, and I'm homeschooled, but this thread is amazing
Frankenstein3.jpg
for some reason, if people drop their cups at lunch or dinner in the cafeteria, everyone claps. I mean everyone.

On Monday since it was Halloween, we had a special buffet-style. And there was a flash mob type of circumstance where about 50 people dropped their cups at the same time. So, you know, there was clapping for a solid five minutes.

It was really weird.
for some reason, if people drop their cups at lunch or dinner in the cafeteria, everyone claps. I mean everyone.

On Monday since it was Halloween, we had a special buffet-style. And there was a flash mob type of circumstance where about 50 people dropped their cups at the same time. So, you know, there was clapping for a solid five minutes.

It was really weird.
flefaeries_2.png
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 36 37