Back

General Discussion

Discuss your favorites: TV shows, music, games and hobbies.
TOPIC | Minty's Pet Palace
1 2 3
Hello all!
I've lately come down with a case of... wanting to teach.

My most varied and vast array of knowledge belongs to animal/pet care.
So, I am here, to answer questions, give tips and otherwise!

Here, are the animal species I'm knowledgeable in [Top is most knowledgeable, to bottom not so much .. unlisted is just that, I know nothing!]

1. Small furred animals Excluding Chinchillas,Ferrets and Gerbils. [ Hamsters, Rats, Mice]
  2. Dogs
  3. Cats [Exotic included]
  4. Rabbits, Guinea pigs
  5. Large Pets [Including Horses and house pigs, excluding goats and other possible 'home' farm animal pets]
  6. Reptiles [Lizards, Snakes included]

I can offer basic information for most exotics, but very little anyone who owns them already wouldn't know!

I am in no way a replacement for vet and or professional care, if you feel as though your animal is in immediate danger seek professional help immediately

*Disclaimer, if I for some reason am not in the mood to detail a response I may point you towards an area that will
Hello all!
I've lately come down with a case of... wanting to teach.

My most varied and vast array of knowledge belongs to animal/pet care.
So, I am here, to answer questions, give tips and otherwise!

Here, are the animal species I'm knowledgeable in [Top is most knowledgeable, to bottom not so much .. unlisted is just that, I know nothing!]

1. Small furred animals Excluding Chinchillas,Ferrets and Gerbils. [ Hamsters, Rats, Mice]
  2. Dogs
  3. Cats [Exotic included]
  4. Rabbits, Guinea pigs
  5. Large Pets [Including Horses and house pigs, excluding goats and other possible 'home' farm animal pets]
  6. Reptiles [Lizards, Snakes included]

I can offer basic information for most exotics, but very little anyone who owns them already wouldn't know!

I am in no way a replacement for vet and or professional care, if you feel as though your animal is in immediate danger seek professional help immediately

*Disclaimer, if I for some reason am not in the mood to detail a response I may point you towards an area that will
RrT8i.gif 9Atxn.gif Qcf6I.gif
I'm a single reserved spot for FAQ's
I'm a single reserved spot for FAQ's
@Mintyambitions
Give me a fact about rats which I probably didn't know! :) PS: I have 2 pet rats. One of them is drinking rn.
@Mintyambitions
Give me a fact about rats which I probably didn't know! :) PS: I have 2 pet rats. One of them is drinking rn.
Altered version of the 'Fancy Rat' item, edited to have a more blue colour scheme, grey/white husky colouring, and a pair of blue-tipped black crow wings + matching tail feathers. crow, they/them, fr+8
Pixel badges: Rat OwnerFallen London fandom
Rain World fandomGoth

current icon
@Mintyambitions :D Why are guinea pigs and rabbits grouped together on your list?
@Mintyambitions :D Why are guinea pigs and rabbits grouped together on your list?
cg2G1xD.gif
tumblr_inline_ngqv6bbPaQ1rvrguk.pngtumblr_inline_n1581tzliY1rvrguk.png
@Lonin

I have the same level of knowledge for them c:
Which, admittedly is far less than say.. Dogs or Hammies!

@Averat
hmm.. The Down under rat is the first to originate in Australia :D
giggle giggle down under from the under hehee
@Lonin

I have the same level of knowledge for them c:
Which, admittedly is far less than say.. Dogs or Hammies!

@Averat
hmm.. The Down under rat is the first to originate in Australia :D
giggle giggle down under from the under hehee
@Mintyambitions

ferrets are NOT rodents - they are carnivorous Mustelidae and have NOTHING in common with rodents XD

No clue as to why you listed them in the 'rodents' cattegory but they are totally wrong there. XD
@Mintyambitions

ferrets are NOT rodents - they are carnivorous Mustelidae and have NOTHING in common with rodents XD

No clue as to why you listed them in the 'rodents' cattegory but they are totally wrong there. XD
@ismaiel
It's just the easiest place to list them xD **Yes, stupid reason trying to be helpful, informative and I pull an easy route xD
I really should have just said 'small furry pets' but then it seemed like then I'd have to include them ALL in one place xD [from rabbits to hamsters and that seemed like too much]

as is, I can go edit it now

incidentally, I've edited as I've gone along and any mistakes gotta be found now, such as 'rodents' when -- edited now, it was more of 'small fuzz' section
@ismaiel
It's just the easiest place to list them xD **Yes, stupid reason trying to be helpful, informative and I pull an easy route xD
I really should have just said 'small furry pets' but then it seemed like then I'd have to include them ALL in one place xD [from rabbits to hamsters and that seemed like too much]

as is, I can go edit it now

incidentally, I've edited as I've gone along and any mistakes gotta be found now, such as 'rodents' when -- edited now, it was more of 'small fuzz' section
@Mintyambitions

You could have opened a 'meat eaters' category: Dogs, cats, Ferrets
In any case I've heard that in the US there is some problem with people actually believing Ferrets to be like rats and Hamsters - and people misstreating them because of this - feeding them fruit and plants only.

I'd rather not that they are listed with rodents when they don't belong there. But yes.

A category of Small pets, big pets and exots would have been better then 'rodents' and actually meaning anything small and fuzzy XD
@Mintyambitions

You could have opened a 'meat eaters' category: Dogs, cats, Ferrets
In any case I've heard that in the US there is some problem with people actually believing Ferrets to be like rats and Hamsters - and people misstreating them because of this - feeding them fruit and plants only.

I'd rather not that they are listed with rodents when they don't belong there. But yes.

A category of Small pets, big pets and exots would have been better then 'rodents' and actually meaning anything small and fuzzy XD
@Mintyambitions
DYK that a rat WILL jump higher than it can see to get on you if it trusts you?
@Mintyambitions
DYK that a rat WILL jump higher than it can see to get on you if it trusts you?
Altered version of the 'Fancy Rat' item, edited to have a more blue colour scheme, grey/white husky colouring, and a pair of blue-tipped black crow wings + matching tail feathers. crow, they/them, fr+8
Pixel badges: Rat OwnerFallen London fandom
Rain World fandomGoth

current icon
@Ismaiel

people in the US do that with a lot of strictly carnivorous animals , it is horrible

It's altered now
@Ismaiel

people in the US do that with a lot of strictly carnivorous animals , it is horrible

It's altered now
1 2 3