Back

General Discussion

Discuss your favorites: TV shows, music, games and hobbies.
TOPIC | Favorite Game?
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
R O B L O X
R O B L O X
proty_icon_2_by_newglasses-dc6pnfz.pnghumbee_icon_2_by_newglasses-dc6pngb.pngjorge_icon_2_by_newglasses-dc6pnfh.png
L I F E I S S T R A N G E
L I F E I S S T R A N G E
Digimon Story Cyber Sleuth. It is far from the best RPG ever, but I can't help it, I love it. I can't wait for Digimon Story Cyber Sleuth Hacker's Memory coming out at the start of next year.

I'm also pretty addicted to Dragon Ball Fusions for the 3DS.

And then there is Guild Wars 2 and Final Fantasy XIV. I haven't actually played FFXIV in a few months (lack of funds to pay the sub), but GW2 (a friend got it for me during a sale earlier in the year) is just as fun in a different way.
Digimon Story Cyber Sleuth. It is far from the best RPG ever, but I can't help it, I love it. I can't wait for Digimon Story Cyber Sleuth Hacker's Memory coming out at the start of next year.

I'm also pretty addicted to Dragon Ball Fusions for the 3DS.

And then there is Guild Wars 2 and Final Fantasy XIV. I haven't actually played FFXIV in a few months (lack of funds to pay the sub), but GW2 (a friend got it for me during a sale earlier in the year) is just as fun in a different way.
Formerly known as Brenning.
I'm a huge Final Fantasy buff, but if I had to choose just one game, it'd be Final Fantasy IX. :D Otherwise, I've been playing a lot of Crypt of the Necrodancer lately. The entire premise is just so fun and the music is great! Plus, I mean ... check this guy out. [img]https://gamersguildblog.files.wordpress.com/2017/02/hqdefault.jpg[/img]
I'm a huge Final Fantasy buff, but if I had to choose just one game, it'd be Final Fantasy IX. :D

Otherwise, I've been playing a lot of Crypt of the Necrodancer lately. The entire premise is just so fun and the music is great!

Plus, I mean ... check this guy out.

hqdefault.jpg

1221.png
He was #1.
[quote name="Brenning" date=2017-07-19 10:42:29] Digimon Story Cyber Sleuth. It is far from the best RPG ever, but I can't help it, I love it. I can't wait for Digimon Story Cyber Sleuth Hacker's Memory coming out at the start of next year.[/quote] You too? Man, I love Digimon Story: Cyber Sleuth. It's pretty hard to get me to sit down and finish a turn-based rpg (even though I keep insisting on buying them), but that one did it for me. I grew up with Digimon, and it included some of my favorites. Having other Digimon by my side made me fall in love with some new ones, too, like RustTyrannomon and Leopardmon. As for some others, Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess and the original Spyro the Dragon. Real nostalgia there. I can still play Spyro, but sadly, I don't have any of the consoles that TP can be played on anymore.
Brenning wrote on 2017-07-19:
You too? Man, I love Digimon Story: Cyber Sleuth. It's pretty hard to get me to sit down and finish a turn-based rpg (even though I keep insisting on buying them), but that one did it for me. I grew up with Digimon, and it included some of my favorites. Having other Digimon by my side made me fall in love with some new ones, too, like RustTyrannomon and Leopardmon.
As for some others, Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess and the original Spyro the Dragon. Real nostalgia there. I can still play Spyro, but sadly, I don't have any of the consoles that TP can be played on anymore.
[quote name="OhFireflight" date=2017-07-19 12:21:45] [quote name="Brenning" date=2017-07-19 10:42:29] Digimon Story Cyber Sleuth. It is far from the best RPG ever, but I can't help it, I love it. I can't wait for Digimon Story Cyber Sleuth Hacker's Memory coming out at the start of next year.[/quote] You too? Man, I love Digimon Story: Cyber Sleuth. It's pretty hard to get me to sit down and finish a turn-based rpg (even though I keep insisting on buying them), but that one did it for me. I grew up with Digimon, and it included some of my favorites. Having other Digimon by my side made me fall in love with some new ones, too, like RustTyrannomon and Leopardmon. [/quote] @OhFireflight Yep! I have a sorta similar issue. Don't get me wrong, I do enjoy turn based RPGs (particularly when I'm having a bad day with my meds and can't focus on more adventurous RPGs or other games where focus is required), but I don't finish them as quickly as many people do. I usually just play a little here and there, hopping between games and taking an "I'll get there when I get there" approach. But Cyber Sleuth... I really didn't expect to love it as much as I do even though I love Digimon (though I'm not always crazy about Digimon games). Cyber Sleuth and Digimon World Next Order are the only relatively recent games where I'm more than happy to grind away without feeling like it is a chore. My only regret is I didn't have a PS4 in time to get the pre-order special Digimon for Cyber Sleuth. Not a HUGE game-breaking loss, but still...
OhFireflight wrote on 2017-07-19:
You too? Man, I love Digimon Story: Cyber Sleuth. It's pretty hard to get me to sit down and finish a turn-based rpg (even though I keep insisting on buying them), but that one did it for me. I grew up with Digimon, and it included some of my favorites. Having other Digimon by my side made me fall in love with some new ones, too, like RustTyrannomon and Leopardmon.
@OhFireflight

Yep!

I have a sorta similar issue. Don't get me wrong, I do enjoy turn based RPGs (particularly when I'm having a bad day with my meds and can't focus on more adventurous RPGs or other games where focus is required), but I don't finish them as quickly as many people do. I usually just play a little here and there, hopping between games and taking an "I'll get there when I get there" approach. But Cyber Sleuth... I really didn't expect to love it as much as I do even though I love Digimon (though I'm not always crazy about Digimon games). Cyber Sleuth and Digimon World Next Order are the only relatively recent games where I'm more than happy to grind away without feeling like it is a chore. My only regret is I didn't have a PS4 in time to get the pre-order special Digimon for Cyber Sleuth. Not a HUGE game-breaking loss, but still...
Formerly known as Brenning.
[quote name="Brenning" date=2017-07-19 13:06:44] [quote name="OhFireflight" date=2017-07-19 12:21:45] [quote name="Brenning" date=2017-07-19 10:42:29] Digimon Story Cyber Sleuth. It is far from the best RPG ever, but I can't help it, I love it. I can't wait for Digimon Story Cyber Sleuth Hacker's Memory coming out at the start of next year.[/quote] You too? Man, I love Digimon Story: Cyber Sleuth. It's pretty hard to get me to sit down and finish a turn-based rpg (even though I keep insisting on buying them), but that one did it for me. I grew up with Digimon, and it included some of my favorites. Having other Digimon by my side made me fall in love with some new ones, too, like RustTyrannomon and Leopardmon. [/quote] @OhFireflight Yep! I have a sorta similar issue. Don't get me wrong, I do enjoy turn based RPGs (particularly when I'm having a bad day with my meds and can't focus on more adventurous RPGs or other games where focus is required), but I don't finish them as quickly as many people do. I usually just play a little here and there, hopping between games and taking an "I'll get there when I get there" approach. But Cyber Sleuth... I really didn't expect to love it as much as I do even though I love Digimon (though I'm not always crazy about Digimon games). Cyber Sleuth and Digimon World Next Order are the only relatively recent games where I'm more than happy to grind away without feeling like it is a chore. My only regret is I didn't have a PS4 in time to get the pre-order special Digimon for Cyber Sleuth. Not a HUGE game-breaking loss, but still... [/quote] Cyber Sleuth was my first Digimon game, period. Next Order isn't nearly as good, but it's still a lot of fun. I suck at it, though. I'll, uh, get the extra bosses done when I get there. That will be in, uh, maybe 500 more generations? That sounds about right. Personally, I find Next Order to be a good game to relax with. It's always nice to come back to your partners after a hard day. I can't really pre-order due to real-life issues, so I don't even bother looking at the rewards. It would just hurt, you know?
OhFireflight wrote on 2017-07-19:
@OhFireflight

Yep!

I have a sorta similar issue. Don't get me wrong, I do enjoy turn based RPGs (particularly when I'm having a bad day with my meds and can't focus on more adventurous RPGs or other games where focus is required), but I don't finish them as quickly as many people do. I usually just play a little here and there, hopping between games and taking an "I'll get there when I get there" approach. But Cyber Sleuth... I really didn't expect to love it as much as I do even though I love Digimon (though I'm not always crazy about Digimon games). Cyber Sleuth and Digimon World Next Order are the only relatively recent games where I'm more than happy to grind away without feeling like it is a chore. My only regret is I didn't have a PS4 in time to get the pre-order special Digimon for Cyber Sleuth. Not a HUGE game-breaking loss, but still...
Cyber Sleuth was my first Digimon game, period. Next Order isn't nearly as good, but it's still a lot of fun. I suck at it, though. I'll, uh, get the extra bosses done when I get there. That will be in, uh, maybe 500 more generations? That sounds about right. Personally, I find Next Order to be a good game to relax with. It's always nice to come back to your partners after a hard day.
I can't really pre-order due to real-life issues, so I don't even bother looking at the rewards. It would just hurt, you know?
Kingdom hearts has a special place in my heart (no pun intended) and was the first game I've ever played! but Shadow Of Colossus is also great....but than there is the entire Zelda series and and *explodes*

Horizon Zero Dawn is also great ;-; it is hard decision...also Last Guardian..Also Little Nightmare.....

Wait but Monster Hunters is also great. (plz help)
oh and Animal Crossing
Kingdom hearts has a special place in my heart (no pun intended) and was the first game I've ever played! but Shadow Of Colossus is also great....but than there is the entire Zelda series and and *explodes*

Horizon Zero Dawn is also great ;-; it is hard decision...also Last Guardian..Also Little Nightmare.....

Wait but Monster Hunters is also great. (plz help)
oh and Animal Crossing
857206adc91f5cf762f767135b6cb2391118da0cv2_hq.jpg
A few months ago I would not have believed I'd ever say this but somehow Portal 2 managed to claim the top spot on my list. I have no idea how this happened, because when I first played it, I hated it a lot. I had so much trouble understanding the concept which was very frustrating and after a couple of weeks I was so angry with myself and the game for not being able to solve it, I deleted it and went avoiding it for the next years. (It always botheres me extremly when I'm not able to solve something, no matter what it is.) I managed to nearly forget it, but a while ago I found it again and before I could make myself remember how much it troubled me I had already reinstalled it. A few months later I have already played 150+ hours and even bought the first part during steam sale. Maybe Portal needed it's second chance so I could understand it. I really love the concept now, it's so simple and needs so few elements but still quite challenging. Also it has exactly my kind of humor. It's incedible how much fun thinking can be! So yeah, second chance was more than worth it!

Before I had that chance of mind Skyrim used to be my favorite game (and it's still second favorite).I love this huge world where you can still discover something new, even after playing over 300 hours. The quests are not too repetetive and I like the rather detailed lore behind it. I'm hoping for Elder Scrolls VI to be released but I have the feeling I'll be waiting forever. Other than that I don't really check on new games because my computer is pretty old and usually can't run anything released after 2014...
A few months ago I would not have believed I'd ever say this but somehow Portal 2 managed to claim the top spot on my list. I have no idea how this happened, because when I first played it, I hated it a lot. I had so much trouble understanding the concept which was very frustrating and after a couple of weeks I was so angry with myself and the game for not being able to solve it, I deleted it and went avoiding it for the next years. (It always botheres me extremly when I'm not able to solve something, no matter what it is.) I managed to nearly forget it, but a while ago I found it again and before I could make myself remember how much it troubled me I had already reinstalled it. A few months later I have already played 150+ hours and even bought the first part during steam sale. Maybe Portal needed it's second chance so I could understand it. I really love the concept now, it's so simple and needs so few elements but still quite challenging. Also it has exactly my kind of humor. It's incedible how much fun thinking can be! So yeah, second chance was more than worth it!

Before I had that chance of mind Skyrim used to be my favorite game (and it's still second favorite).I love this huge world where you can still discover something new, even after playing over 300 hours. The quests are not too repetetive and I like the rather detailed lore behind it. I'm hoping for Elder Scrolls VI to be released but I have the feeling I'll be waiting forever. Other than that I don't really check on new games because my computer is pretty old and usually can't run anything released after 2014...
52bQegH.png space! paragraph
Eliss
FR +9
Hoo boy I have so many games I love.... but I think nothing will be able to top the Monster Hunter franchise. I absolutely love the hunting mechanics, the monster designs, the weapons, the armors, everything. I love how it feels so light-hearted and comical at parts- it could be all doom and gloom, but it isn't, all while not losing its epicness one bit. Excited for Monster Hunter World!

A few more favorites of mine would have to be:
- Saint's Row IV
- Dragon Age: Inquisition
- Bloodborne
- Dishonored
- Dishonored 2
- Pokemon Mystery Dungeon: Explorers of Sky
Hoo boy I have so many games I love.... but I think nothing will be able to top the Monster Hunter franchise. I absolutely love the hunting mechanics, the monster designs, the weapons, the armors, everything. I love how it feels so light-hearted and comical at parts- it could be all doom and gloom, but it isn't, all while not losing its epicness one bit. Excited for Monster Hunter World!

A few more favorites of mine would have to be:
- Saint's Row IV
- Dragon Age: Inquisition
- Bloodborne
- Dishonored
- Dishonored 2
- Pokemon Mystery Dungeon: Explorers of Sky
Nocta | she/they | +10 FR time
"Even in the darkest of times, there is always hope."
6pMAXtp.jpg
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8