Back

General Discussion

Discuss your favorites: TV shows, music, games and hobbies.
TOPIC | Games that you regret buying?
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 53 54
For me it was The Forest. I bought it to play with my friends and we just ended up playing it for 2 hours and I haven't touched it since then.

Not saying it was bad but it's not exactly my ideal version of a single player game.
For me it was The Forest. I bought it to play with my friends and we just ended up playing it for 2 hours and I haven't touched it since then.

Not saying it was bad but it's not exactly my ideal version of a single player game.
Budget cuts.
There have only been a few. The only two I can think of off the top of my head were both for the original Playstation.

One was Hoshigami: Ruining Blue Earth, though it ruined my good mood more than anything else. I got it because I love games like Final Fantasy Tactics, but the battle system was odd, and you didn't get any way to revive characters until you were 2/3 of the way through the game, so if anyone died it was permanent before that point. Which...perma-death is one thing, but only having it happen literally because you didn't have access to a spell/item for most of the game just... Ugh. No thanks. ._.

The other was called Dragon Valor, and I can't even remember why I didn't like it, just that I ended up giving it away because I hated playing it. *shrug*
There have only been a few. The only two I can think of off the top of my head were both for the original Playstation.

One was Hoshigami: Ruining Blue Earth, though it ruined my good mood more than anything else. I got it because I love games like Final Fantasy Tactics, but the battle system was odd, and you didn't get any way to revive characters until you were 2/3 of the way through the game, so if anyone died it was permanent before that point. Which...perma-death is one thing, but only having it happen literally because you didn't have access to a spell/item for most of the game just... Ugh. No thanks. ._.

The other was called Dragon Valor, and I can't even remember why I didn't like it, just that I ended up giving it away because I hated playing it. *shrug*
HEEfBrK.png 6UvQBco.png WAOKY1a.png
There is not many games that get to mind but ''Baroque'' probably make it in the list!

I was probably too youngh when i played it but it's a labyrinth kind of game where you reapet the same mission kinda diferently over and over again. I don't think i went far into the game?

It was very weird, i don't have it anymore and i kinda regret it, i wish i could see i would have been able to play it
There is not many games that get to mind but ''Baroque'' probably make it in the list!

I was probably too youngh when i played it but it's a labyrinth kind of game where you reapet the same mission kinda diferently over and over again. I don't think i went far into the game?

It was very weird, i don't have it anymore and i kinda regret it, i wish i could see i would have been able to play it
Probably Bioshock Infinite. I like the game quite a bit, it's just that I bought it release week for $60 and I regret not waiting until it was cheaper. Just last summer I was able to get it on Steam for just $1 (it was some special giveaway thing).

Edit: You know what I'm just gonna say I regret buying every game that I've bought at full price (that didn't have collector goods attached to the first run copies, I'm looking at you Atlus games). Writing the stuff above just made me remember all these games I've bough. I just hate buying stuff and then seeing it be on sale for super cheap. I already have a huge backlog to keep me busy (darn you Humble Bundle!) along w/ a whole lot of good series I still need to play (Dark Souls, Far Cry, and Uncharted come to mind. At least I can get the older games for cheap now.) Probably the only games I'll let myself buy at full price this year would be Persona 5 and maybe Pokemon Sun/Moon, but that's it.
Probably Bioshock Infinite. I like the game quite a bit, it's just that I bought it release week for $60 and I regret not waiting until it was cheaper. Just last summer I was able to get it on Steam for just $1 (it was some special giveaway thing).

Edit: You know what I'm just gonna say I regret buying every game that I've bought at full price (that didn't have collector goods attached to the first run copies, I'm looking at you Atlus games). Writing the stuff above just made me remember all these games I've bough. I just hate buying stuff and then seeing it be on sale for super cheap. I already have a huge backlog to keep me busy (darn you Humble Bundle!) along w/ a whole lot of good series I still need to play (Dark Souls, Far Cry, and Uncharted come to mind. At least I can get the older games for cheap now.) Probably the only games I'll let myself buy at full price this year would be Persona 5 and maybe Pokemon Sun/Moon, but that's it.
40146_v.gif - Call me Sol

- She/Her

- +0 FR time
Ark: survival evolved

I was super excited to get it for pc because watching my sister play it on the xbox, it looked like SO much fun. turns out my internet is really shoddy so playing online sucks, and i barely have the patience to level up or tame any dinosaurs :-p i have to turn all of the graphics down all the way to make it so that it's not a laggy mess... really sucks. and i have no friends who play it with, so it's pretty boring.

maybe one day when i have good internet and a friend group of ppl who like the same games as me......one day.....
Ark: survival evolved

I was super excited to get it for pc because watching my sister play it on the xbox, it looked like SO much fun. turns out my internet is really shoddy so playing online sucks, and i barely have the patience to level up or tame any dinosaurs :-p i have to turn all of the graphics down all the way to make it so that it's not a laggy mess... really sucks. and i have no friends who play it with, so it's pretty boring.

maybe one day when i have good internet and a friend group of ppl who like the same games as me......one day.....
tumblr_o778qaxnol1tvj02xo1_400.png->nLWOF.gifEWbOT.gifu7FEv.gif
Theatrhythm Final Fantasy

I thougth this was like those cool rhythm games but turns out boring for me
it's not really fun for me, more like meh. there's a little selection of music.. i wish they added more.
Theatrhythm Final Fantasy

I thougth this was like those cool rhythm games but turns out boring for me
it's not really fun for me, more like meh. there's a little selection of music.. i wish they added more.
smaller.png
………………….……..
………………….……..
he/they . frt+13 tumblr_lkl7439kSD1qfamg6.gif
everyone loves fire emblem apparently, my friends pressured me into getting it assuming i'd love it but eehhh. ;c
I played it once for a few hours and I haven't touched it since.
everyone loves fire emblem apparently, my friends pressured me into getting it assuming i'd love it but eehhh. ;c
I played it once for a few hours and I haven't touched it since.
tEaYRfe.pnguZVrIJZ.png
@gyroids what fire emblem game did you get anyway? just asking ;v;
@gyroids what fire emblem game did you get anyway? just asking ;v;
smaller.png
………………….……..
………………….……..
he/they . frt+13 tumblr_lkl7439kSD1qfamg6.gif
Oh my god, totally forgot about BioShock 2. I bought it on release day. I got the special edition with the vinyl record and everything. That's how much I loved BioShock 1.

My god what a waste of time. It had been slapped together by a lesser team in only 3 years and it showed. They had none of the great dialogue, story, atmosphere, intelligence, or subtlety of BioShock 1. They got how it looked, sure, but had it had zero soul. Hell, they didn't even follow game canon. I'm not talking about canon that only a stupid superfan like me would know. I'm talking about the most basic, obvious parts of BioShock 1. There aren't that many audio diaries in BioShock 1. How freaking hard would it be to throw together a quick in-house game bible? They could've even checked the wikis, for god's sake!

Even if you took the game on its own merits, it was annoying **. The story wandered all over the place and had the impact of a wet paper sack. You were supposed to be a heavily-armored killing machine and yet the first bologna-headed twit to hit you with a wrench takes your health down to 75%. The whole time I was dying to find out more about my character and instead they utterly ignored me (some nonsense about blank slates, I suppose). My spirits stayed high until the final level, when I realized, "Oh. This is all there is. This isn't a build-up at all."

I never touched multiplayer because rofl I don't play BioShock for freakin multiplayer.

Its only saving grace was the DLC, "Minerva's Den." There were a couple of characters I liked but because the story was completely disjointed, nothing came of any of them. The limited edition set was pretty awesome, I guess? I love owning that vinyl, the soundtrack, and all of those posters. Right up my alley. But that's pretty much it.

I learned a hard, hard lesson about game cash-ins that month.
Oh my god, totally forgot about BioShock 2. I bought it on release day. I got the special edition with the vinyl record and everything. That's how much I loved BioShock 1.

My god what a waste of time. It had been slapped together by a lesser team in only 3 years and it showed. They had none of the great dialogue, story, atmosphere, intelligence, or subtlety of BioShock 1. They got how it looked, sure, but had it had zero soul. Hell, they didn't even follow game canon. I'm not talking about canon that only a stupid superfan like me would know. I'm talking about the most basic, obvious parts of BioShock 1. There aren't that many audio diaries in BioShock 1. How freaking hard would it be to throw together a quick in-house game bible? They could've even checked the wikis, for god's sake!

Even if you took the game on its own merits, it was annoying **. The story wandered all over the place and had the impact of a wet paper sack. You were supposed to be a heavily-armored killing machine and yet the first bologna-headed twit to hit you with a wrench takes your health down to 75%. The whole time I was dying to find out more about my character and instead they utterly ignored me (some nonsense about blank slates, I suppose). My spirits stayed high until the final level, when I realized, "Oh. This is all there is. This isn't a build-up at all."

I never touched multiplayer because rofl I don't play BioShock for freakin multiplayer.

Its only saving grace was the DLC, "Minerva's Den." There were a couple of characters I liked but because the story was completely disjointed, nothing came of any of them. The limited edition set was pretty awesome, I guess? I love owning that vinyl, the soundtrack, and all of those posters. Right up my alley. But that's pretty much it.

I learned a hard, hard lesson about game cash-ins that month.
@Creosote OH, I hear you. When a game starts making you work, it's no longer a game, you know what I mean?
@Creosote OH, I hear you. When a game starts making you work, it's no longer a game, you know what I mean?
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 53 54