Back

General Discussion

Discuss your favorites: TV shows, music, games and hobbies.
TOPIC | Games that you regret buying?
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 53 54
[img]http://mashable.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/07/crying-waterfalls.gif[/img] You know what i regret buying? tales of zestria. the story is bland, but for the battle it's really good. another game i regret buying is story of seasons. because sometimes the frame rate drops, and the game for me is not really good imo...
crying-waterfalls.gif

You know what i regret buying? tales of zestria. the story is bland, but for the battle it's really good.
another game i regret buying is story of seasons. because sometimes the frame rate drops, and the game for me is not really good imo...
smaller.png
………………….……..
………………….……..
he/they . frt+13 tumblr_lkl7439kSD1qfamg6.gif
bump
bump
smaller.png
………………….……..
………………….……..
Pretty much every game... I want to use the money on something else.
Pretty much every game... I want to use the money on something else.
Animal Crossing: New Leaf

Gawd, I got it cause of all the hype when it first came out. Never played an AC game before so I was like, hmm, yeah sure. Plus, my friends all sweared by it so it must be good?

Nope, just wasn't my kind of game. 'Building sims' or whatever you call it just aren't my thing (I don't care for Harvest Moon type games either as a matter of fact). And since the game is synced to the DS clock, it's quite annoying have REAL TIME SHOP HOURS cause I can only play in the middle of the night when everyone is closed.

Also, I regret buying Super Smash Bros for the 3DS. Got it just for Cloud but... fighting in Smash is very awkward for me. The character movements just don't feel right. Ughh, if I waited just a little bit longer, I would have been having much more fun with Pokken Tournament instead.
Animal Crossing: New Leaf

Gawd, I got it cause of all the hype when it first came out. Never played an AC game before so I was like, hmm, yeah sure. Plus, my friends all sweared by it so it must be good?

Nope, just wasn't my kind of game. 'Building sims' or whatever you call it just aren't my thing (I don't care for Harvest Moon type games either as a matter of fact). And since the game is synced to the DS clock, it's quite annoying have REAL TIME SHOP HOURS cause I can only play in the middle of the night when everyone is closed.

Also, I regret buying Super Smash Bros for the 3DS. Got it just for Cloud but... fighting in Smash is very awkward for me. The character movements just don't feel right. Ughh, if I waited just a little bit longer, I would have been having much more fun with Pokken Tournament instead.
tumblr_nr1sm6Mwfo1sevwwxo1_500.png
I bought a Harvest Moon game for the DS. I don't even remember what it was called. But oh GOD I hated that game with all of my soul. It was unbearably hard. To progress in a meaningful way you had to gamble--oh, I hate gambling, I hate most game elements that rely on the whims of RNGesus. Specifically, you gambled for certain items that helped you to manage your time better. These were necessities, not fun toys. The "days" didn't last long enough for you to get everything done; you were usually forced to make a decision between tending your farm and giving everything you owned to the thankless citizens of your town. Like, if you wanted to turn someone into an Ayn Rand fan this is the game for that. I ended up resenting the townsfolk SO HARD. Nobody helped ME, but they'd look down on me if I didn't give them my precious chicken eggs or whatever.

Not only did you have to give things to every single person in the town where you lived, you had to give things to the pixies too, and there were well over 100 of them. If they liked you, they would help tend your farm--a necessity, because you had to tend all of the sad village meatsacks, too. How much they liked you went down over time. They loved only specific items that you had to gather. Again, you had to make a decision whether to tend your farm, help the townsfolk, or keep the pixies pleased. Your character had to sleep too, you know? God! What a mess!

It wasn't fun. It was torture. It has the distinction of being the only video game I actually sold to Gamestop because I loathed it so much.
I bought a Harvest Moon game for the DS. I don't even remember what it was called. But oh GOD I hated that game with all of my soul. It was unbearably hard. To progress in a meaningful way you had to gamble--oh, I hate gambling, I hate most game elements that rely on the whims of RNGesus. Specifically, you gambled for certain items that helped you to manage your time better. These were necessities, not fun toys. The "days" didn't last long enough for you to get everything done; you were usually forced to make a decision between tending your farm and giving everything you owned to the thankless citizens of your town. Like, if you wanted to turn someone into an Ayn Rand fan this is the game for that. I ended up resenting the townsfolk SO HARD. Nobody helped ME, but they'd look down on me if I didn't give them my precious chicken eggs or whatever.

Not only did you have to give things to every single person in the town where you lived, you had to give things to the pixies too, and there were well over 100 of them. If they liked you, they would help tend your farm--a necessity, because you had to tend all of the sad village meatsacks, too. How much they liked you went down over time. They loved only specific items that you had to gather. Again, you had to make a decision whether to tend your farm, help the townsfolk, or keep the pixies pleased. Your character had to sleep too, you know? God! What a mess!

It wasn't fun. It was torture. It has the distinction of being the only video game I actually sold to Gamestop because I loathed it so much.
@Watchword that reminds me of fall out 4. I let Preston and his group of nomands move into my old neigbhor hood for chirsts sake! the only person I actually want there is the Vault Tech repersenative. Every time I walk past preston he adds some other junk quest I'm NEVER going to do to my quest log. I only do what he wants when I need levels for doing stuff for Hancock [img]https://66.media.tumblr.com/b68d66f5bf2c93a89268d4a662e4ba5b/tumblr_o6snjbpa5G1uh7meoo1_1280.png[/img] Preston does this look like a good person or does this look like a good Neighbor mobster? Next time you bug me I'm putting a bullet in you. I let you live rent free IN MY HOUSE I'm not doing any of the settlement crap. having too much fun looking for the lovecraft references in the game and trying[s] to woo Hancock. [/s] Get Hancock as a companion while staring at PIckman's galllary why isn't he a companion TT__TT I saved him from the raiders and keep his thank you card and knife on me. as for fall out 3...I regret buying it. It's one of those glitched games on steam that never seem to run. Also regret buying Ark Survival evolved. Just...so bad it was fun at first, but I got tired of dying and the game glitching and me loosing giga rexes and other hard to replace pets so much...
@Watchword

that reminds me of fall out 4. I let Preston and his group of nomands move into my old neigbhor hood for chirsts sake!

the only person I actually want there is the Vault Tech repersenative. Every time I walk past preston he adds some other junk quest I'm NEVER going to do to my quest log.

I only do what he wants when I need levels for doing stuff for Hancock

tumblr_o6snjbpa5G1uh7meoo1_1280.png

Preston does this look like a good person or does this look like a good Neighbor mobster?

Next time you bug me I'm putting a bullet in you. I let you live rent free IN MY HOUSE I'm not doing any of the settlement crap. having too much fun looking for the lovecraft references in the game and trying to woo Hancock. Get Hancock as a companion while staring at PIckman's galllary

why isn't he a companion TT__TT I saved him from the raiders and keep his thank you card and knife on me.

as for fall out 3...I regret buying it. It's one of those glitched games on steam that never seem to run.

Also regret buying Ark Survival evolved. Just...so bad it was fun at first, but I got tired of dying and the game glitching and me loosing giga rexes and other hard to replace pets so much...
http://furvilla.com/register/1818
My roommate bought Etrian Odyssey, and that game was just horrific. I tried a demo of it once, and just could not stand it. It was a dungeon crawler thing, but you had to tediously map out the entire area?? I honestly hated it so much. It was hard and not fun at all. She sold it after playing a little.

Hm.... Other games I regret buying.... I don't l usually buy games randomly, I typically do research, looking up reviews and videos and such so it's been a long while since I've has an intense disappointment.
My roommate bought Etrian Odyssey, and that game was just horrific. I tried a demo of it once, and just could not stand it. It was a dungeon crawler thing, but you had to tediously map out the entire area?? I honestly hated it so much. It was hard and not fun at all. She sold it after playing a little.

Hm.... Other games I regret buying.... I don't l usually buy games randomly, I typically do research, looking up reviews and videos and such so it's been a long while since I've has an intense disappointment.
zfTVkus.gifnpBGP6c.gif 9KurPRs.png felixv2_by_nhlo-dc29jdc.gif
iPjVHHa.png
If you have computer/IT questions or problems, PM me! I work on computers and enjoy helping others.
I kind of regretted buying "Thomas Was Alone". The puzzles were fun and I liked them, but I was a bit confused about the narration and story in the game. I didn't quite see the point of it; but I guess it made a game about shapes a bit more interesting. I don't think it was worth my ten dollars, though, especially considering that it was kind of short.
I kind of regretted buying "Thomas Was Alone". The puzzles were fun and I liked them, but I was a bit confused about the narration and story in the game. I didn't quite see the point of it; but I guess it made a game about shapes a bit more interesting. I don't think it was worth my ten dollars, though, especially considering that it was kind of short.
tumblr_ngcp5g6gr01u402sco1_500.gif
prototype 2. never seen a game that so staunchly refused to run at over 20 fps. i couldn't update my drivers for about two months because then it would go down to about 5. i stopped caring and now it's unplayable. probably for the best, because i also hated it characterization-wise.

i regretted buying dishonored for a while but i just got back into it and it was because i was so desperate to do no-kill on my first playthrough. i did end up doing no-kill but i'm way more into it now and i'm glad i didn't give up on it. unfortunately that means i got back into it during exam week, but oh well.

and i guess like watchword mentioned, harvest moon, though i've liked a lot of the games and just had a problem with the 3ds one. a new beginning, i think? that was just painful. i don't mind slow starts but that took it to a whole new level.

i also lasted roughly half an hour with space engineers before i remembered how much i hated building simulators and this was basically minecraft in space. haven't touched it since the day i bought it. not my proudest purchase.
prototype 2. never seen a game that so staunchly refused to run at over 20 fps. i couldn't update my drivers for about two months because then it would go down to about 5. i stopped caring and now it's unplayable. probably for the best, because i also hated it characterization-wise.

i regretted buying dishonored for a while but i just got back into it and it was because i was so desperate to do no-kill on my first playthrough. i did end up doing no-kill but i'm way more into it now and i'm glad i didn't give up on it. unfortunately that means i got back into it during exam week, but oh well.

and i guess like watchword mentioned, harvest moon, though i've liked a lot of the games and just had a problem with the 3ds one. a new beginning, i think? that was just painful. i don't mind slow starts but that took it to a whole new level.

i also lasted roughly half an hour with space engineers before i remembered how much i hated building simulators and this was basically minecraft in space. haven't touched it since the day i bought it. not my proudest purchase.
is1aOOc.png

@Eliatrope i think there was a auto mapping? that's let's you auto map while you are walking?
the game is really good imo :)
@Eliatrope i think there was a auto mapping? that's let's you auto map while you are walking?
the game is really good imo :)
smaller.png
………………….……..
………………….……..
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 53 54