Back

General Discussion

Discuss your favorites: TV shows, music, games and hobbies.
TOPIC | [CLUB] The Pokemon Center!
1 2 ... 309 310 311 312 313 ... 414 415
oh i guess it did have another meaning sorry
oh i guess it did have another meaning sorry
if rng abuse is hacking I guess waiting until the lil green man is on the traffic light before I cross the road is hacking too smh

not like they actually care in practice unless it's egregious

tho, tangentially related: I am still in orbit laughing at the people who pirated sumo and went online with it before release

what
did they think
would happen
nuked from orbit
if rng abuse is hacking I guess waiting until the lil green man is on the traffic light before I cross the road is hacking too smh

not like they actually care in practice unless it's egregious

tho, tangentially related: I am still in orbit laughing at the people who pirated sumo and went online with it before release

what
did they think
would happen
nuked from orbit
tumblr_p6xvexhw2Q1w8xkufo9_250.pngHI SOMETIMES I POST EVERYWHERE
Thanks I always knew what it was but I never played in VGC so I was wondering what other played in that community think
Thanks I always knew what it was but I never played in VGC so I was wondering what other played in that community think
I know the contest is over, but if I don't express my adoration for Sableye here then I'll have done it a great disservice. Sure, I usually use tank-ier pokemon for my actual team, but my favorite 'mon has a secure spot atop a throne adorned with rare candies and piles of glittering normal-type gym badges. See, no matter how cute or useful or amazing another 'mon may be, Sableye and I have history. [img]http://37.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_maxgr4xZMo1qcm0wfo1_500.gif[/img] My first game was Emerald. I didn't know stuff about Pokemon, since it wasn't allowed in our house when I was a kid. I got the basics, of course, but I forgot typing matchups all the time and wound up whiting out more than once at first. Soon I got into the groove, breezing through gyms with my chosen team. Meeting my Sableye was nothing special (aside from the WHAT THE HECK IS THAT at first as I'd never seen that particular 'mon before, but once I learned she didn't evolve into anything, I left her in the box) and I was far more attached to my awesome Combusken at the time, but everything changed when I had to face my own father, getting my very first taste of the nightmare that is a normal-type gym. Norman's Slakoth was easy enough, his Vigoroth took out a pokemon of mine before we put it down, but then we faced his Slaking and its devastating move, Facade. Wiped my whole team, then wiped it again. I knew fighting types were super effective on them, but even my fighting types were falling to the might of that Slaking. Swapping around party members seemed to be my only hope, especially when I learned through my Makuhita that fake out would buy me a turn. Hoping to capitalize on this as it only works once per fight, I dug through my box to drag out every pokemon who knew that move...which included my Sableye. I was down to my last two when I finally threw her out. She was severely underleved, weak as heck, and there was no way for her to make it out in one piece, this I already knew. Once she'd spent her fake out, I watched her deliver a pitiful amount of damage next turn and braced for impact when Norman's Slaking used Facade, which had one-hit KO'd everything else before...and nothing happened. I didn't know that ghost was immune to normal type moves, or vice-versa at the time, but even though I was quickly taken down shortly after, my Sableye suddenly became the MVP of my party. A bit of grinding, an item run and I was ready to face off with Norman again, this time with a better prepared party and a secret weapon. Sableye was thrown in and pulled back, helping my team break Norman's party until being felled by his Slaking once more...but she'd done enough. She'd eshausted his rest and left him in the yellow for my Combusken to finish off. I came out of that fight prouder and more relieved than ever, now wholly hooked on Pokemon and with a new permanent party member in my Sableye. She helped me take on every gym afterwards and was with me when I faced the elite four. I based future game purchases on which version Sableye would be available in, and was super excited when Sableye got a mega evolution come generation 6. Because of the high of that victory, and the love I felt for that first Sableye in that moment, no pokemon will ever take its place. Sorry this turned into a novel, I just wanted to share my favorite pokemon story since I'd seen others do similar. Incidentally, [url=http://img06.deviantart.net/b48a/i/2011/111/8/b/ohana____by_happycrumble-d3ekga9.png]this [/url]is my favorite bit of art featuring Sableye, as it also references one of my favorite Disney films, Lilo and Stitch.
I know the contest is over, but if I don't express my adoration for Sableye here then I'll have done it a great disservice. Sure, I usually use tank-ier pokemon for my actual team, but my favorite 'mon has a secure spot atop a throne adorned with rare candies and piles of glittering normal-type gym badges. See, no matter how cute or useful or amazing another 'mon may be, Sableye and I have history.
tumblr_maxgr4xZMo1qcm0wfo1_500.gif
My first game was Emerald. I didn't know stuff about Pokemon, since it wasn't allowed in our house when I was a kid. I got the basics, of course, but I forgot typing matchups all the time and wound up whiting out more than once at first. Soon I got into the groove, breezing through gyms with my chosen team. Meeting my Sableye was nothing special (aside from the WHAT THE HECK IS THAT at first as I'd never seen that particular 'mon before, but once I learned she didn't evolve into anything, I left her in the box) and I was far more attached to my awesome Combusken at the time, but everything changed when I had to face my own father, getting my very first taste of the nightmare that is a normal-type gym. Norman's Slakoth was easy enough, his Vigoroth took out a pokemon of mine before we put it down, but then we faced his Slaking and its devastating move, Facade. Wiped my whole team, then wiped it again. I knew fighting types were super effective on them, but even my fighting types were falling to the might of that Slaking.

Swapping around party members seemed to be my only hope, especially when I learned through my Makuhita that fake out would buy me a turn. Hoping to capitalize on this as it only works once per fight, I dug through my box to drag out every pokemon who knew that move...which included my Sableye. I was down to my last two when I finally threw her out. She was severely underleved, weak as heck, and there was no way for her to make it out in one piece, this I already knew. Once she'd spent her fake out, I watched her deliver a pitiful amount of damage next turn and braced for impact when Norman's Slaking used Facade, which had one-hit KO'd everything else before...and nothing happened. I didn't know that ghost was immune to normal type moves, or vice-versa at the time, but even though I was quickly taken down shortly after, my Sableye suddenly became the MVP of my party. A bit of grinding, an item run and I was ready to face off with Norman again, this time with a better prepared party and a secret weapon. Sableye was thrown in and pulled back, helping my team break Norman's party until being felled by his Slaking once more...but she'd done enough. She'd eshausted his rest and left him in the yellow for my Combusken to finish off. I came out of that fight prouder and more relieved than ever, now wholly hooked on Pokemon and with a new permanent party member in my Sableye. She helped me take on every gym afterwards and was with me when I faced the elite four. I based future game purchases on which version Sableye would be available in, and was super excited when Sableye got a mega evolution come generation 6. Because of the high of that victory, and the love I felt for that first Sableye in that moment, no pokemon will ever take its place.

Sorry this turned into a novel, I just wanted to share my favorite pokemon story since I'd seen others do similar. Incidentally, this is my favorite bit of art featuring Sableye, as it also references one of my favorite Disney films, Lilo and Stitch.
MT5WnDw.pngZPHN6ju.pngMT5WnDw.png
@Amarayne

fantastic story~

^_^
@Amarayne

fantastic story~

^_^
i just found this im yelling i played diamond which was my first game years ago (and lost my game of course) but please

if you played diamond in the past please check this out for nostalgia's sake

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jD9g3lG3pOo

contents of link: [Dubstep] Pokemon Diamond & Pearl - Legendary Battle (Chime Remix)
i just found this im yelling i played diamond which was my first game years ago (and lost my game of course) but please

if you played diamond in the past please check this out for nostalgia's sake

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jD9g3lG3pOo

contents of link: [Dubstep] Pokemon Diamond & Pearl - Legendary Battle (Chime Remix)
WBC5JG3.png
MUYNhfy.png
mlHpBMC.png
SM9WJh6.png
7c8ZUEs.png
xxxxxsource

Many matchy g1s up for offer here! Send a PM!
29369802.png featured
dragon
Hiya!

By any chance, would anyone be willing to send a Tyrunt with the ability Sturdy my way? I believe there was an event for the hidden ability, but I missed it a whole ago and want to try a team with Tyrantrum in it!
Would anyone be willing to breed one for me (ORAS)? I might add to the Pokémon Center spreadsheet with my request - I can offer Spiritomb, Zapdos, Manaphy, and Shaymin as well as the following Pokémon at level 100: Noivern, Goodra, Garchomp, Hydreigon
Hiya!

By any chance, would anyone be willing to send a Tyrunt with the ability Sturdy my way? I believe there was an event for the hidden ability, but I missed it a whole ago and want to try a team with Tyrantrum in it!
Would anyone be willing to breed one for me (ORAS)? I might add to the Pokémon Center spreadsheet with my request - I can offer Spiritomb, Zapdos, Manaphy, and Shaymin as well as the following Pokémon at level 100: Noivern, Goodra, Garchomp, Hydreigon
Hello everyone~

I caught a shiny female Raticate in Moon, but I'm not really hunting for shinies much. Would anyone like her? I can rename her on request, right now her name is Rose. Right now I need a Murkrow or a Honchkrow for my pokedex fill. Actually I need all the ones that evolve with items, so I'm in need of any of those. But Murkrow is one of the ones I'm having an issue finding.

Also I caught a shiny butterfree and I love him and hello there I've never been here before it's nice too meet you all :D
Hello everyone~

I caught a shiny female Raticate in Moon, but I'm not really hunting for shinies much. Would anyone like her? I can rename her on request, right now her name is Rose. Right now I need a Murkrow or a Honchkrow for my pokedex fill. Actually I need all the ones that evolve with items, so I'm in need of any of those. But Murkrow is one of the ones I'm having an issue finding.

Also I caught a shiny butterfree and I love him and hello there I've never been here before it's nice too meet you all :D
yo, someone want to do me a favor?

can someone make me a list of all legendary/mythical/ub pokemon by type?
yo, someone want to do me a favor?

can someone make me a list of all legendary/mythical/ub pokemon by type?
I'm not familiar with Gen 5 so i cant make the list unfortunately

but HEY im just glad to see this thread alive again, love them pokemons
I'm not familiar with Gen 5 so i cant make the list unfortunately

but HEY im just glad to see this thread alive again, love them pokemons
tumblr_inline_nht6cba0ei1qcphlu.pngWdONqUX.pngXTW2CvL.pngHHwSNC6.pngzLY7gkC.pngtumblr_inline_nht6cba0ei1qcphlu.png[/img]
1 2 ... 309 310 311 312 313 ... 414 415