Back

General Discussion

Discuss your favorites: TV shows, music, games and hobbies.
TOPIC | Splatoon League Hub
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 18 19
[img]http://orig12.deviantart.net/6806/f/2016/102/2/9/frsl_logo_without_img_edited_1_by_femefeme-d9ypvm9.png[/img] Who would be interested in starting up a Splatoon League only for Flight Rising members? I think it would be a fun way to bring together the community. We could have weekly, monthly, and/or bimonthly ranked matchups with prizes for the winning team. There's a lot of kinks that will need to be worked out, like how to distribute prizes among the team, communications, and most importantly making sure the outcomes of the battles are genuine, but I think as a community we can make it happen. WE NOW HAVE A GOOGLE DOCS AND A DISCORD. https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1ZbLXLLBO4rEAK9xpG762y07kN-2zNMIKyau-FaDQVLo/edit?usp=sharing Please PM me for a link to the Discord Chat. Signature button: [code][url=http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/gend/1820933][img]http://i.imgur.com/PxwN6JL.png[/img][/url][/code]
frsl_logo_without_img_edited_1_by_femefeme-d9ypvm9.png

Who would be interested in starting up a Splatoon League only for Flight Rising members? I think it would be a fun way to bring together the community. We could have weekly, monthly, and/or bimonthly ranked matchups with prizes for the winning team.

There's a lot of kinks that will need to be worked out, like how to distribute prizes among the team, communications, and most importantly making sure the outcomes of the battles are genuine, but I think as a community we can make it happen.

WE NOW HAVE A GOOGLE DOCS AND A DISCORD.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1ZbLXLLBO4rEAK9xpG762y07kN-2zNMIKyau-FaDQVLo/edit?usp=sharing

Please PM me for a link to the Discord Chat.

Signature button:
Code:
[url=http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/gend/1820933][img]http://i.imgur.com/PxwN6JL.png[/img][/url]
tumblr_inline_ofoo1dQtUR1tfmvub_100.pngiO4v8vC.gifsqKxImy.gifWOyHvLX.gif
@Noivian

I'd be up for it! I've been trying to get myself to join a squad at Squidboards but it's kinda hard when you don't recognize anyone haha. I feel like joining a Flight Rising only squad would be great!
@Noivian

I'd be up for it! I've been trying to get myself to join a squad at Squidboards but it's kinda hard when you don't recognize anyone haha. I feel like joining a Flight Rising only squad would be great!
@Feme

Thanks for taking interest!

I feel like I should lay out some of the issues that need to be addressed if we made a FR Splatoon League.

1. If we go competitive, the biggest problem staring us in the face is validity. We need a way to make sure that the participants don't lie about the outcome of battles. One solution is to employ the use of capture cards and YouTube. The problem with this is that not everybody can get their hands on a capture card. This problem will remain until we figure out some other way to record battles without the use of capture cards.

2. The second problem would be the organization of teams, both in forming teams and getting everyone online at once. This one is somewhat easier to work around, as we could make different categories or brackets for people in different time zones. Then there's the problem of teams vs teams. I'm thinking perhaps we shouldn't have C+ level teams up against A- level teams, but what about a group that's mostly C+ versus B team? We'll have to do a little sorting out, meaning we're going to be needing spreadsheets.

3. Actually getting everyone into the game. Pretty much everyone will need to swap friend codes, as we'd be going into Private Battles to play just against each other.

4. Getting prizes that people would actually want. This is a problem because I'm broke, and would mostly be the one giving out prizes and the such. Then there's the problem of who on the team gets what. Preferably everyone on the team would get the same thing, but if the prize winds up being a full gem apparel set and an unhatched egg x 4 for first place, and then there's also a second place and third place... prizes are going to get pricey.

On the other hand, we could just be a causal group until all this gets sorted out. I'd be willing to set up a discord server if enough people are interested.
@Feme

Thanks for taking interest!

I feel like I should lay out some of the issues that need to be addressed if we made a FR Splatoon League.

1. If we go competitive, the biggest problem staring us in the face is validity. We need a way to make sure that the participants don't lie about the outcome of battles. One solution is to employ the use of capture cards and YouTube. The problem with this is that not everybody can get their hands on a capture card. This problem will remain until we figure out some other way to record battles without the use of capture cards.

2. The second problem would be the organization of teams, both in forming teams and getting everyone online at once. This one is somewhat easier to work around, as we could make different categories or brackets for people in different time zones. Then there's the problem of teams vs teams. I'm thinking perhaps we shouldn't have C+ level teams up against A- level teams, but what about a group that's mostly C+ versus B team? We'll have to do a little sorting out, meaning we're going to be needing spreadsheets.

3. Actually getting everyone into the game. Pretty much everyone will need to swap friend codes, as we'd be going into Private Battles to play just against each other.

4. Getting prizes that people would actually want. This is a problem because I'm broke, and would mostly be the one giving out prizes and the such. Then there's the problem of who on the team gets what. Preferably everyone on the team would get the same thing, but if the prize winds up being a full gem apparel set and an unhatched egg x 4 for first place, and then there's also a second place and third place... prizes are going to get pricey.

On the other hand, we could just be a causal group until all this gets sorted out. I'd be willing to set up a discord server if enough people are interested.
@Noivian

1. Perhaps having a team/bracket supervisor/captain? A small group of people who could be trusted to be honest with match results. That way, not everyone would need a capture card, rather one person out of the four in a squad would be recording the battle. Of course, if we'd be starting off non-competitively, this doesn't have to be a priority.

2. To make sure things don't go out of control with too many people, maybe have a set number of slots people could fill per bracket? Having a form that people could submit with time zones, rank, etc. could help the sorting process too.

3. Perhaps set up a spread sheet where everyone could put their information. Not sure if self-editing would be a good idea: it'd put less strain on one person trying to type everything but some shenanigans could happen if it were to be self editing.

4. Maybe hold off on the prizes for now? Like the first point, until the group gets more competitive, people shouldn't stress over prizes. Having a prize money vault could work, people donating treasure and gems to fund for prizes (even betting on teams if that's legal?).

Hope this input helps!
@Noivian

1. Perhaps having a team/bracket supervisor/captain? A small group of people who could be trusted to be honest with match results. That way, not everyone would need a capture card, rather one person out of the four in a squad would be recording the battle. Of course, if we'd be starting off non-competitively, this doesn't have to be a priority.

2. To make sure things don't go out of control with too many people, maybe have a set number of slots people could fill per bracket? Having a form that people could submit with time zones, rank, etc. could help the sorting process too.

3. Perhaps set up a spread sheet where everyone could put their information. Not sure if self-editing would be a good idea: it'd put less strain on one person trying to type everything but some shenanigans could happen if it were to be self editing.

4. Maybe hold off on the prizes for now? Like the first point, until the group gets more competitive, people shouldn't stress over prizes. Having a prize money vault could work, people donating treasure and gems to fund for prizes (even betting on teams if that's legal?).

Hope this input helps!
1. That sounds like a good idea. One person per team to be completely honest about the results. If there's any discrepancies, both teams could be disqualified from the competitive scene until we start up competitively again next season. Another idea that just came to me is taking a picture of the results. In order to ensure that the results are valid, team supervisors will send in a picture of their tv screen with the results of the match, preferably when it shows the entire team.

2. For now, since I'm not expecting a lot of people to be interested, let's open up positions for four squads, a total of sixteen players. The form for signing up should go something like...
FR UN:
FR ID:
Timezone: (FR + x)
Preferred team: (we'll refer to them at teams 1-4 for now)
Level:
Weapon:

3. I'll work on setting up a spreadsheet in a bit.

4. I was planning on starting the league out causal, so this problem wasn't a major concern, but once we get competitive it will be. Since we're not betting real money, I do think placing bets on teams to win would be a solid way of making money. Would you like to be in charge of that?
1. That sounds like a good idea. One person per team to be completely honest about the results. If there's any discrepancies, both teams could be disqualified from the competitive scene until we start up competitively again next season. Another idea that just came to me is taking a picture of the results. In order to ensure that the results are valid, team supervisors will send in a picture of their tv screen with the results of the match, preferably when it shows the entire team.

2. For now, since I'm not expecting a lot of people to be interested, let's open up positions for four squads, a total of sixteen players. The form for signing up should go something like...
FR UN:
FR ID:
Timezone: (FR + x)
Preferred team: (we'll refer to them at teams 1-4 for now)
Level:
Weapon:

3. I'll work on setting up a spreadsheet in a bit.

4. I was planning on starting the league out causal, so this problem wasn't a major concern, but once we get competitive it will be. Since we're not betting real money, I do think placing bets on teams to win would be a solid way of making money. Would you like to be in charge of that?
@Feme
@Feme
@Noivian
In charge of betting? I could try. My schedule's usually busy because of school during the day but I'll help as much as I can.
@Noivian
In charge of betting? I could try. My schedule's usually busy because of school during the day but I'll help as much as I can.
@Feme
Betting, among other things, if you want. It's okay if you're not very active: it's only you and me right now.
@Feme
Betting, among other things, if you want. It's okay if you're not very active: it's only you and me right now.
Also, here's the doc link.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1ZbLXLLBO4rEAK9xpG762y07kN-2zNMIKyau-FaDQVLo/edit?usp=sharing
Also, here's the doc link.

this should definitely be a thing, tbh
like i hope no one would lie about who won and stuff but taking a picture of who won with your phone wouldn't be too hard.
this should definitely be a thing, tbh
like i hope no one would lie about who won and stuff but taking a picture of who won with your phone wouldn't be too hard.
please don't send me friend requests
seriously don't, thanks
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 18 19