Back

General Discussion

Discuss your favorites: TV shows, music, games and hobbies.
TOPIC | Astronomy Club!
1 2 ... 55 56 57 58 59 ... 76 77
@ZannaDragon Can I be added to the pinglist and skype group please? c:
@ZannaDragon Can I be added to the pinglist and skype group please? c:

fr__light_by_baelfin-d8uyn70.png
FR+15
She/Her
Gemini

@ZannaDragon Thank you so much! Also, I took a brief look at SkyServer and it's so amazing... I had no idea that there was a resource like that out there. Very interesting! A weekly feature sounds great, I'm looking forward to it's (possible) beginning (^^)/

@ZannaDragon Thank you so much! Also, I took a brief look at SkyServer and it's so amazing... I had no idea that there was a resource like that out there. Very interesting! A weekly feature sounds great, I'm looking forward to it's (possible) beginning (^^)/

BEXx3Jf.gifarcanist.png
@Cashe

Sure, welcome to the club! Be on the look out for a PM with a link to the Skype chat.

@croninians

Yeah, it sure is! The Sloan Digital Sky Survey is possibly my favorite thing to ever happen to astronomy. I read an amazing book about it ('A Grand and Bold Thing') over a year ago, and it still remains my favorite non-fiction book of all time!

Clear Skies!
@Cashe

Sure, welcome to the club! Be on the look out for a PM with a link to the Skype chat.

@croninians

Yeah, it sure is! The Sloan Digital Sky Survey is possibly my favorite thing to ever happen to astronomy. I read an amazing book about it ('A Grand and Bold Thing') over a year ago, and it still remains my favorite non-fiction book of all time!

Clear Skies!
[size=1]@ZannaDragon @nathan8rr @souphands @Exterreri @Cosmological @PoemsOfLou @Finian @deputykuriboh @Reltseo @limeypie @Amee @Zhukov @Catcats @Razzledazzy @NightFire102 @cosmicpoppies @Paperdragon337 @SteampunkDragon @Zues @Erock @TheMageLemon245 @Nekron @Novaturen @Chronosplit @GrimdarkRoxy @MagicStar @feming @PeachySpace @Sparklepelt @solarsuntzu @thegoogy @RedbirdTheGreat @Butterfliez @Steffon @CEGAMischief @TiaDaWerecat @hatichu @favplusle @Spookying @PrinceAsriel @Barrypaws @Mossflight @SpaceWolf @TigerWind @Xoriat @Littletime @firecrest @luckydragon12 @GiroGirl723 @Sebak @Usatov @FireFury16 @bananaquit @Alvis @pseudovum @Gemmbot @SwiftSeagull @MiddyLark @Lup @Yatzstar @KCGallows @Verwald @Lilydale @Rattz @klefaeries @SylvrFox @melonsaur @GinaNeko @CalinaEstel @vostok @Krynne @croninians @cashe @Planets @GhostQueen13 @risingmoon @roboticspace @Linoone @Zenikay[/size] ----- [quote][center][size=5][color=red]Calling on Featured Image submissions![/color][/size] [size=7][b]New Featured Image[/b][/size] [size=4][b]Click on image for hi-res version[/b][/size][/center] [url=http://i1382.photobucket.com/albums/ah248/AryaDragonmaster/Astrophotography/SombreroGalaxyNightFire102_zps8vz32asx.jpg][img]http://i1382.photobucket.com/albums/ah248/AryaDragonmaster/Astrophotography/SombreroGalaxyNightFire102_zps8vz32asx.jpg[/img][/url] M104, the Sombrero Galaxy. Taken by @NightFire102 with one of the robotic PROMPT 16" telescopes at Siding Spring Observatory, Australia. [size=2](submitted by @NightFire102)[/size] [b]Notes:[/b] M104 is called the Sombrero Galaxy because of its prominent dust lane and halo. Combined, they give the visual effect of a giant, cosmic sombrero hat! It's 50,000 light years across, which is about a third of the diameter of the Milky Way. Originally, M104 was thought to be a disk galaxy that simply had an unusually large halo, but now it is thought that it is a massive elliptical galaxy, with a thick disk of dust within! Read more: http://www.space.com/15428-sombrero-galaxy-spitzer-photo.html[/quote] Clear Skies, everyone!
@ZannaDragon @nathan8rr @souphands @Exterreri @Cosmological @PoemsOfLou @Finian @deputykuriboh @Reltseo @limeypie @Amee @Zhukov @Catcats @Razzledazzy @NightFire102 @cosmicpoppies @Paperdragon337 @SteampunkDragon @Zues @Erock @TheMageLemon245 @Nekron @Novaturen @Chronosplit @GrimdarkRoxy @MagicStar @feming @PeachySpace @Sparklepelt @solarsuntzu @thegoogy @RedbirdTheGreat @Butterfliez @Steffon @CEGAMischief @TiaDaWerecat @hatichu @favplusle @Spookying @PrinceAsriel @Barrypaws @Mossflight @SpaceWolf @TigerWind @Xoriat @Littletime @firecrest @luckydragon12 @GiroGirl723 @Sebak @Usatov @FireFury16 @bananaquit @Alvis @pseudovum @Gemmbot @SwiftSeagull @MiddyLark @Lup @Yatzstar @KCGallows @Verwald @Lilydale @Rattz @klefaeries @SylvrFox @melonsaur @GinaNeko @CalinaEstel @vostok @Krynne @croninians @cashe
@Planets @GhostQueen13 @risingmoon @roboticspace @Linoone @Zenikay

Quote:
Calling on Featured Image submissions!
New Featured Image
Click on image for hi-res version

SombreroGalaxyNightFire102_zps8vz32asx.jpg

M104, the Sombrero Galaxy. Taken by @NightFire102 with one of the robotic PROMPT 16" telescopes at Siding Spring Observatory, Australia. (submitted by @NightFire102)

Notes:
M104 is called the Sombrero Galaxy because of its prominent dust lane and halo. Combined, they give the visual effect of a giant, cosmic sombrero hat! It's 50,000 light years across, which is about a third of the diameter of the Milky Way. Originally, M104 was thought to be a disk galaxy that simply had an unusually large halo, but now it is thought that it is a massive elliptical galaxy, with a thick disk of dust within!

Read more: http://www.space.com/15428-sombrero-galaxy-spitzer-photo.html

Clear Skies, everyone!
@ZannaDragon Thanks c:
@ZannaDragon Thanks c:

fr__light_by_baelfin-d8uyn70.png
FR+15
She/Her
Gemini

@ZannaDragon It looks like a UFO o_o
@ZannaDragon

So cool *w*
@ZannaDragon

So cool *w*
7OfRPKX.png
[quote name="GiroGirl723" date=2016-05-14 14:59:02] @ZannaDragon It looks like a UFO o_o [/quote] I agree @GiroGirl723
GiroGirl723 wrote on 2016-05-14:
I agree @GiroGirl723
ErKlC5P.jpg
@ZannaDragon

Could I be added to the pinglist please? Also, do you know of any other Science-related clubs?
@ZannaDragon

Could I be added to the pinglist please? Also, do you know of any other Science-related clubs?
Pladge-32.pngUmWfNHr.png
@ZannaDragon can I be added to the pinglist please? Unfortunately I don't have a Skype tho...

Also the app earth editor seems like it would be this club's jam
@ZannaDragon can I be added to the pinglist please? Unfortunately I don't have a Skype tho...

Also the app earth editor seems like it would be this club's jam
1 2 ... 55 56 57 58 59 ... 76 77