Back

General Discussion

Discuss your favorites: TV shows, music, games and hobbies.
TOPIC | Who's your favorite villain?
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 41 42
Who is your favorite villain? It can be from a video game, or a TV show, or a movie, or a book, or whatever you want. Personally, my favorite villain is Handsome Jack (yes, that's really his name), the main antagonist of Borderlands 2 (one of my favorite video games). Sorry I put so much about him, but dang he's cool. [img]https://49.media.tumblr.com/749e758480eb4cb453493bef0a113969/tumblr_n7blmvienB1qjztgpo1_r1_400.gif[/img] [img]http://static.tumblr.com/803c5fec43072a942c3042c9fcb46ddd/1naf9ky/iqUnd1hua/tumblr_static_uojjzaxuam8w0go4ssockgk4.gif[/img] Why I like him: He tried to be the hero, but was betrayed a lot, and ended up losing it. Sorta like the Batman quote "You either die a hero, or live long enough to see yourself become the villain." Or something like that. He also has a twisted past, with the most sadistic humor. Favorite Handsome Jack quotes (all are directly said to the player): "You see, I can’t just have some psychopathic murderers getting to the Vault before I do. I mean don’t get me wrong, it’s cute that you all think you’re the heroes of this little adventure, but -- you’re not. You’re bandits. You’re the bad guys, and I... am the g*dd*mn hero." ([url=https://youtu.be/O0jDp6bTigs?t=44]listen here[/url]) "Y'see, this is what I don't get about you bad guys. You know the hero's gonna win, but you just don't die quickly-- Man, example: This one guy in New Haven, right? City's burning, people are dying left and right, yada yada yada. This jackhole rushes me with a spoon. (laughing) A fricking spoon! And I'm dying laughing, right? So I scoop out his stupid little eyeballs with it, and his kids are all, "Wahhhh!” (laughing) And he can't see where he's going, he's bumping into stuff and I (laughing) Anyway I don't know maybe you had to be there. The moral is, you're a total b*tch." ([url=https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=keIOYIPEzgk]listen here[/url]) "I'm rackin' my brain tryin' to think of a name for that diamond pony I bought. I was gonna call it P*ss For Brains in honor of you, but that just feels.. Immature. Hey, maybe Butt Stallion? Nah, that's even worse. I'll tell you what, I'll give it some more thought." ([url=https://youtu.be/7SfDiD8tUT8?t=23]listen here[/url]) "Butt Stallion! *whistles, *clicks, Here girl! Butt Stallion, say hello. *horse whinny. Butt Stallion says hello." ([url=https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7SfDiD8tUT8&feature=youtu.be&t=48]listen here[/url]) Big Spoiler in this quote! [spoiler]"No, no, no... I can’t die like this... Not when I’m so close... And [i]not[/i] at the hands, of a [i]filthy bandit[/i]! I could've saved this planet! I could have actually restored [i]order[/i]! And I wasn’t supposed to die by the hands, of a [i]child-killing psychopath[/i]! You’re a savage! You’re a maniac! You are a bandit, AND I AM THE G*DD*MN HERO! [/spoiler] ([url=https://youtu.be/O0jDp6bTigs?t=1648]listen here[/url]) Some interesting things about him: [LIST] [*]He has Heterochromia (that thing where your eyes are different colors) [*]He wears a mask (not gonna spoil why) [*]As a child, he lived with his grandmother that abused him (pretty sad) [*]He's basically the hero, and you're the villain, even though it seems the opposite. [/LIST] And I guess here's some more villains I like: Vaas Montenegro from Far Cry 3 (whoa second) *cough cough* Mr. Clipboard from Food Fight [spoiler]Scott Shelby[/spoiler] from Heavy Rain Saren from Mass Effect 1 [spoiler]Illusive Man[/spoiler] from Mass Effect 2-3 Kuvira from The Legend of Korra Azula from Avatar: The Last Airbender Commandant Steele from Borderlands 1 Miraak from Skyrim's Dragonborn DLC Necromancer from Castle Crashers GLaDOS from Portal [spoiler]Wheatley[/spoiler] from Portal 2 Amaimon from Blue Exorcist Cersei Lannister from Game of Thrones (books) Slade from Teen Titans The Phantom from The Phantom of the Opera Dr. Breen from Half-Life 2 Davy Jones from The Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Man's Chest Bill Cipher from Gravity Falls Hedley Lamarr from Blazing Saddles Skull Kid from The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask Flowey from Undertale Inspector Kemp from Young Frankenstien Zira from The Lion King 2: Simba's Pride [spoiler]Charlie[/spoiler] from Don't Starve Killbane from Saints Row: The Third Majd Addin from Assassin's Creed 1
Who is your favorite villain? It can be from a video game, or a TV show, or a movie, or a book, or whatever you want.

Personally, my favorite villain is Handsome Jack (yes, that's really his name), the main antagonist of Borderlands 2 (one of my favorite video games). Sorry I put so much about him, but dang he's cool.

tumblr_n7blmvienB1qjztgpo1_r1_400.gif

tumblr_static_uojjzaxuam8w0go4ssockgk4.gif

Why I like him: He tried to be the hero, but was betrayed a lot, and ended up losing it. Sorta like the Batman quote "You either die a hero, or live long enough to see yourself become the villain." Or something like that. He also has a twisted past, with the most sadistic humor.

Favorite Handsome Jack quotes (all are directly said to the player):
"You see, I can’t just have some psychopathic murderers getting to the Vault before I do. I mean don’t get me wrong, it’s cute that you all think you’re the heroes of this little adventure, but -- you’re not. You’re bandits. You’re the bad guys, and I... am the g*dd*mn hero." (listen here)

"Y'see, this is what I don't get about you bad guys. You know the hero's gonna win, but you just don't die quickly-- Man, example: This one guy in New Haven, right? City's burning, people are dying left and right, yada yada yada. This jackhole rushes me with a spoon. (laughing) A fricking spoon! And I'm dying laughing, right? So I scoop out his stupid little eyeballs with it, and his kids are all, "Wahhhh!” (laughing) And he can't see where he's going, he's bumping into stuff and I (laughing) Anyway I don't know maybe you had to be there. The moral is, you're a total b*tch." (listen here)

"I'm rackin' my brain tryin' to think of a name for that diamond pony I bought. I was gonna call it P*ss For Brains in honor of you, but that just feels.. Immature. Hey, maybe Butt Stallion? Nah, that's even worse. I'll tell you what, I'll give it some more thought." (listen here)

"Butt Stallion! *whistles, *clicks, Here girl! Butt Stallion, say hello. *horse whinny. Butt Stallion says hello." (listen here)

Big Spoiler in this quote!
"No, no, no... I can’t die like this... Not when I’m so close... And not at the hands, of a filthy bandit! I could've saved this planet! I could have actually restored order! And I wasn’t supposed to die by the hands, of a child-killing psychopath! You’re a savage! You’re a maniac! You are a bandit, AND I AM THE G*DD*MN HERO! (listen here)

Some interesting things about him:
  • He has Heterochromia (that thing where your eyes are different colors)
  • He wears a mask (not gonna spoil why)
  • As a child, he lived with his grandmother that abused him (pretty sad)
  • He's basically the hero, and you're the villain, even though it seems the opposite.

And I guess here's some more villains I like:
Vaas Montenegro from Far Cry 3 (whoa second)
*cough cough* Mr. Clipboard from Food Fight
Scott Shelby from Heavy Rain
Saren from Mass Effect 1
Illusive Man from Mass Effect 2-3
Kuvira from The Legend of Korra
Azula from Avatar: The Last Airbender
Commandant Steele from Borderlands 1
Miraak from Skyrim's Dragonborn DLC
Necromancer from Castle Crashers
GLaDOS from Portal
Wheatley from Portal 2
Amaimon from Blue Exorcist
Cersei Lannister from Game of Thrones (books)
Slade from Teen Titans
The Phantom from The Phantom of the Opera
Dr. Breen from Half-Life 2
Davy Jones from The Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Man's Chest
Bill Cipher from Gravity Falls
Hedley Lamarr from Blazing Saddles
Skull Kid from The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask
Flowey from Undertale
Inspector Kemp from Young Frankenstien
Zira from The Lion King 2: Simba's Pride
Charlie from Don't Starve
Killbane from Saints Row: The Third
Majd Addin from Assassin's Creed 1
Waiting 24/7 for death's sweet release (of their next hot mixtape of course)
I love Hades from Disney movie Hercules. He's so funny!
I love Hades from Disney movie Hercules. He's so funny!
g3Ugpeq.png
Mine will always be 0 from Kirby's Dreamland 3.
Mine will always be 0 from Kirby's Dreamland 3.
@Zenikay This little pos from Fullmetal Alchemist Brotherhood, otherwise known as Pride. [img]http://38.media.tumblr.com/59d95f4262e72b32c25445f7e06afc91/tumblr_n37xln6PqC1r72ht7o1_r1_250.gif[/img] Used to give me nightmares growing up but also inspired my love for Lovecraftian horror and fueled my passion for designing weird/interesting/creepy monsters. Also representative of a sin I have a lot of issues with, ahaha. For a more ambiguous type of villain, Scar and Greed from FMA as well. Gehn from the Myst series, who stands out as being one of the most complex and best written characters in the series period, antagonists and protagonists included, especially when you take into consideration his backstory from the novels; he's still an irredeemable wad, just a really interesting irredeemable wad with a couple of sympathetic notes in his backstory, who started off as a child displaced by genocide. I recently did a read and play through of all the novels and games in chronological order and watching him develop from a sickly half breed baby that no one thinks is supposed to be alive to the nasty piece of work he is by the time of his downfall in Riven was one of the most compelling elements of that part of the series. N from Pokemon, maybe also a bit ambiguous as villains go, but I think he still counts due to the fact that he plays that role for most of the game. As someone on the ASD spectrum, it's hard for me to not headcanon him as being ASD as well, and either way I find him so relatable it's almost scary. I also think BW has one of the best and most compelling plots of any Pokemon game by far, with him as its driving force.
@Zenikay

This little pos from Fullmetal Alchemist Brotherhood, otherwise known as Pride.

tumblr_n37xln6PqC1r72ht7o1_r1_250.gif

Used to give me nightmares growing up but also inspired my love for Lovecraftian horror and fueled my passion for designing weird/interesting/creepy monsters. Also representative of a sin I have a lot of issues with, ahaha. For a more ambiguous type of villain, Scar and Greed from FMA as well.

Gehn from the Myst series, who stands out as being one of the most complex and best written characters in the series period, antagonists and protagonists included, especially when you take into consideration his backstory from the novels; he's still an irredeemable wad, just a really interesting irredeemable wad with a couple of sympathetic notes in his backstory, who started off as a child displaced by genocide.
I recently did a read and play through of all the novels and games in chronological order and watching him develop from a sickly half breed baby that no one thinks is supposed to be alive to the nasty piece of work he is by the time of his downfall in Riven was one of the most compelling elements of that part of the series.

N from Pokemon, maybe also a bit ambiguous as villains go, but I think he still counts due to the fact that he plays that role for most of the game. As someone on the ASD spectrum, it's hard for me to not headcanon him as being ASD as well, and either way I find him so relatable it's almost scary. I also think BW has one of the best and most compelling plots of any Pokemon game by far, with him as its driving force.
I found stars on the tip of your tongue/You speak poltergeist and so do I
dark-dragon-hatchling-water-pixel.gif
Only one? The one that pops into my brain is Citoyen Chauvelin from The Scarlet Pimpernel. All versions of him. Loved him in the novels, loved him in the musicals, loved him in the TV Movie when Sir Ian McKellen played him. He is so very driven in every version, and, like all good villains, believes himself to be the hero of the story - trying to put a stop to the kidnapping of the French aristocracy by the Pimpernel before they can be lawfully and rightfully put to the guillotine by Robespierre.

Only one? The one that pops into my brain is Citoyen Chauvelin from The Scarlet Pimpernel. All versions of him. Loved him in the novels, loved him in the musicals, loved him in the TV Movie when Sir Ian McKellen played him. He is so very driven in every version, and, like all good villains, believes himself to be the hero of the story - trying to put a stop to the kidnapping of the French aristocracy by the Pimpernel before they can be lawfully and rightfully put to the guillotine by Robespierre.

noli timere tempestatem. tempestas est res pulchra. ama tempestatem et gaude in pulchritudine.
595bwIn.png
nunc, ad tuas labores reveni!
Loki from Marvel.

I'm not sorry.
Loki from Marvel.

I'm not sorry.
3xgPfeK.png
@Zaranock

I absolutely knew that there would be a Loki fan over here xD I guessed it
@Zaranock

I absolutely knew that there would be a Loki fan over here xD I guessed it
[img]http://i785.photobucket.com/albums/yy133/kpejoro/Mag_zpsdd203ca5.gif[/img]
Mag_zpsdd203ca5.gif

At least you walked a lonely road and gave it a friend.

Reaver from the second and third Fable game is one of my top favorite "baddies". He's a pain in the butt, he's kind of the biggest jerk in the game, and he's the fanciest and most rich man in all of the lands. Oh, and he's the Hero of Skill. But he's not exactly a Hero.

Okay, okay. So he's more of an Anti-Hero. Shoot me. punz
But he's a really awesome character, and I love him.

ALSO. @Lesley Pride is totally my favorite out of the Homunculi. <3 He's the worst, and that makes him the best.

Reaver from the second and third Fable game is one of my top favorite "baddies". He's a pain in the butt, he's kind of the biggest jerk in the game, and he's the fanciest and most rich man in all of the lands. Oh, and he's the Hero of Skill. But he's not exactly a Hero.

Okay, okay. So he's more of an Anti-Hero. Shoot me. punz
But he's a really awesome character, and I love him.

ALSO. @Lesley Pride is totally my favorite out of the Homunculi. <3 He's the worst, and that makes him the best.
Bottom.png
Top.png
_plague.png
fr__plague_by_baelfin-d8uyn7k.png he/him

fr__plague_by_baelfin-d8uyn7k.png Des

fr__plague_by_baelfin-d8uyn7k.png B9L7S9W.png.BPco0tZ.png

fr__plague_by_baelfin-d8uyn7k.png FR+0

Necro-Adopt-Viperfishy-Signature.png
the creatures fr__plague_by_baelfin-d8uyn7k.png

dopt shopt fr__plague_by_baelfin-d8uyn7k.png

coli shop? fr__plague_by_baelfin-d8uyn7k.png

Challenges fr__plague_by_baelfin-d8uyn7k.png
___Banner-Bottom.png
@Fractures

Could you explain who that is? I'd just like to know :) Looks cool
@Fractures

Could you explain who that is? I'd just like to know :) Looks cool
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 41 42