Back

General Discussion

Discuss your favorites: TV shows, music, games and hobbies.
TOPIC | If you could instantly learn languages
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 14 15
1. Norwegian

2. Japanese

3. Vepsä
1. Norwegian

2. Japanese

3. Vepsä
PWSZq63.pngN5Fffyx.pngwX6kcXO.png
1. Japanese
2. Gaelic
(just for writing and singing songs :D)
3. Draconic (D&D)
(also just for fun ^^)
1. Japanese
2. Gaelic
(just for writing and singing songs :D)
3. Draconic (D&D)
(also just for fun ^^)
Free in mind and true in heart... A long journey awaits me.
korean - so i can watch movies and listen to k-pop without captions haha.
chinese - because it's the most common language in the world.
swedish - bc pewdiepieee derp.
korean - so i can watch movies and listen to k-pop without captions haha.
chinese - because it's the most common language in the world.
swedish - bc pewdiepieee derp.
XsyYMAb.png
1. Finnish. This language. Just. It's crazy. (Don't get me wrong Finns, you're cinnamon rolls and your language just brings smile to my face.)

2. Japanese. For all of my more or less internalized weeb needs.

3. French. I took classes as a kid and then in high school but forgot most of it now. .__.
1. Finnish. This language. Just. It's crazy. (Don't get me wrong Finns, you're cinnamon rolls and your language just brings smile to my face.)

2. Japanese. For all of my more or less internalized weeb needs.

3. French. I took classes as a kid and then in high school but forgot most of it now. .__.
hP3vDfK.gif
I want to do game/manga translation work someday, so I'd love to instantly learn Japanese! I'm currently teaching myself, but it's been slow... I need to look into taking classes again.

I'd also like to instantly be good at French-- I can read and understand it decently, but I keep getting lost on masculine/feminine words. :[ I wouldn't mind visiting France someday, but I want to improve my French first.

Russian, Hindi, Arabic, and Tagalog would also be cool to know, though I don't have a practical use for any of them. :')
I want to do game/manga translation work someday, so I'd love to instantly learn Japanese! I'm currently teaching myself, but it's been slow... I need to look into taking classes again.

I'd also like to instantly be good at French-- I can read and understand it decently, but I keep getting lost on masculine/feminine words. :[ I wouldn't mind visiting France someday, but I want to improve my French first.

Russian, Hindi, Arabic, and Tagalog would also be cool to know, though I don't have a practical use for any of them. :')
PB-logo-transparent1.png gem.png Ashes | F
gem.png +4h FR time
gem.png Feel free to ping me!
1.) Not quite speaking, but : LATIN. This is a matter of pride. I tried to learn it twice in college and didn't do well either time. It'd be awesome to read ancient Roman sources and medieval sources without translations.

2.) ...Tolkien's Elvish. Quenya or Sindarin, not picky. It'd be nice to fit the Tolkien nerd stereotype to the T.

3.) Czech. My dad grew up speaking it, and now everyone who he spoke it with is gone. I'd love to be able to talk with my dad and know more words than just swears and "beer".
1.) Not quite speaking, but : LATIN. This is a matter of pride. I tried to learn it twice in college and didn't do well either time. It'd be awesome to read ancient Roman sources and medieval sources without translations.

2.) ...Tolkien's Elvish. Quenya or Sindarin, not picky. It'd be nice to fit the Tolkien nerd stereotype to the T.

3.) Czech. My dad grew up speaking it, and now everyone who he spoke it with is gone. I'd love to be able to talk with my dad and know more words than just swears and "beer".
KVbkgOZ.png
1. Japanese, so I could watch anime without having to constantly be reading subtitles. (trash here, hello)
2. French, simply because it's so pretty. I've always wanted to learn!
3. Spanish. I know enough that I could get where I need to go in Spanish-speaking countries, but I couldn't have a conversation with someone.
1. Japanese, so I could watch anime without having to constantly be reading subtitles. (trash here, hello)
2. French, simply because it's so pretty. I've always wanted to learn!
3. Spanish. I know enough that I could get where I need to go in Spanish-speaking countries, but I couldn't have a conversation with someone.
1. Chinese because honestly, all the characters and the tones drive me crazy. Also, it has the greatest number of speakers in the world, I believe.
2. Japanese, since I'm somewhat addicted to their light novels and media. Reading/listening (and understanding) in the original would be fantastic!
3. Icelandic. It sounds amazing, really.

x)
1. Chinese because honestly, all the characters and the tones drive me crazy. Also, it has the greatest number of speakers in the world, I believe.
2. Japanese, since I'm somewhat addicted to their light novels and media. Reading/listening (and understanding) in the original would be fantastic!
3. Icelandic. It sounds amazing, really.

x)
1. Indo-European, or old Norse. Id revolutionize the archaeology and Heathen scenes! Too many words were lost.

2. Chinese. I suspect that it will take over the place of English as the language of the world well wkthin my lifetime.

3. Japanese. I coud read my manga raw Q_Q
1. Indo-European, or old Norse. Id revolutionize the archaeology and Heathen scenes! Too many words were lost.

2. Chinese. I suspect that it will take over the place of English as the language of the world well wkthin my lifetime.

3. Japanese. I coud read my manga raw Q_Q
1. German.
2. Russian.
3. Tie between Japanese and Icelandic :'3
1. German.
2. Russian.
3. Tie between Japanese and Icelandic :'3
Renard(e) || Pronouns; iel or they
Host of the Fireworks Median system
FR Time +3 || French and English speaker || 25+
- Current hyperfixation : Saint Seiya -
(Autistic, so I'm super sorry if I say weird things at times!)
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 14 15