Back

General Discussion

Discuss your favorites: TV shows, music, games and hobbies.
TOPIC | Does anyone remember dragonadopters?
1 2 3
I had vague memories of a dragon pet site that I thought was an early version of this one, but it turned out to be something completely different. The site has long since shut down, which is kind of a bummer .-. Anyway, does anyone else remember it?
I had vague memories of a dragon pet site that I thought was an early version of this one, but it turned out to be something completely different. The site has long since shut down, which is kind of a bummer .-. Anyway, does anyone else remember it?
ouroboros_by_lavenderserenity-d96r3fi.png
@AraKina

Dragonadopters was a huge chunk of my childhood basically. I was on there from almost the beginning just like here on FR. I was a part of a club there were I met a lot of people who I'm still in contact with even now.

We spent a lot of time creating fandragons and custom art for them, roleplaying with each other and developing stories, and I feel like a lot of that carried over to my lore style here. A couple of my DrA friends have accounts here, @TRozok21 in particular will probably want to see this. His dragon and one of mine where mates for a longlonglong time and had a rich roleplaying arc plus several kids. @Benzene is also a friend of mine from there and I believe @Mercury also played although I didn't know them then.

By the way, you can still view the old artwork and sprites at this memorial site.
@AraKina

Dragonadopters was a huge chunk of my childhood basically. I was on there from almost the beginning just like here on FR. I was a part of a club there were I met a lot of people who I'm still in contact with even now.

We spent a lot of time creating fandragons and custom art for them, roleplaying with each other and developing stories, and I feel like a lot of that carried over to my lore style here. A couple of my DrA friends have accounts here, @TRozok21 in particular will probably want to see this. His dragon and one of mine where mates for a longlonglong time and had a rich roleplaying arc plus several kids. @Benzene is also a friend of mine from there and I believe @Mercury also played although I didn't know them then.

By the way, you can still view the old artwork and sprites at this memorial site.
I found stars on the tip of your tongue/You speak poltergeist and so do I
dark-dragon-hatchling-water-pixel.gif
@Lesley

It just blows my mind that something so popular would just be shut down completely. Even Neopets is still going (somehow.

It's so cool that you're still in contact with people from there :)
@Lesley

It just blows my mind that something so popular would just be shut down completely. Even Neopets is still going (somehow.

It's so cool that you're still in contact with people from there :)
@AraKina DrA did notice some extreme waning in activity towards the end though, so it wasn't totally unexpected. The creator of the site was also going through some changes in his personal life that made it harder for him to continue to maintain.

I'm not gonna lie though, it sucks not being able to go back- I tended to base my dragons on whatever I was interested in at that particular moment, and I think a lot about what I'd be doing right now if it was still around (probably making Myst fandragons, ahaha). It's the hardest thing, when something meant so much to you and then it's gone and you can't get it back...
@AraKina DrA did notice some extreme waning in activity towards the end though, so it wasn't totally unexpected. The creator of the site was also going through some changes in his personal life that made it harder for him to continue to maintain.

I'm not gonna lie though, it sucks not being able to go back- I tended to base my dragons on whatever I was interested in at that particular moment, and I think a lot about what I'd be doing right now if it was still around (probably making Myst fandragons, ahaha). It's the hardest thing, when something meant so much to you and then it's gone and you can't get it back...
@Lesley

I can imagine :( I feel the same way about sites I was on as a child (like Neopets- they purged my accounts a few years back). I wish I could remember more about it, though. I feel like I was only on the site for a short time- I doubt I ever had the chance to make anything of my dragons.
@Lesley

I can imagine :( I feel the same way about sites I was on as a child (like Neopets- they purged my accounts a few years back). I wish I could remember more about it, though. I feel like I was only on the site for a short time- I doubt I ever had the chance to make anything of my dragons.
@AraKina I'm actually in the process of making a tribute dragon to DragonAdopters. She's a Water Eastern dragon. [img]http://i58.tinypic.com/33kzwy8.png[/img] [img]http://dragonadopters.com/dragons/0674d423c4d9db2af3f38b4c99770f18.gif[/img]
@AraKina I'm actually in the process of making a tribute dragon to DragonAdopters. She's a Water Eastern dragon.
33kzwy8.png 0674d423c4d9db2af3f38b4c99770f18.gif
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

"Don't you know who I am? I. AM. DJ Subatomic Supernova!
My music will reach the furthest corners of the galaxy.
What have you done today, simpletons?"
90k1rPT.png
[/right]
@AraKina Just lemme dig up my original crew...xP [img]http://dragonadopters.com/dragons/25565dbb209b73960896b3112b409b7e.gif[/img][img]http://dragonadopters.com/dragons/336eb9de9bdc2abd3d28ebd2c0816330.gif[/img][img]http://dragonadopters.com/dragons/b70fbafafb53859a46af36d9bf8cd06b.gif[/img][img]http://dragonadopters.com/dragons/099e2d663efb895c0e2ae80e4aeb6e4d.gif[/img][img]http://dragonadopters.com/dragons/0674d423c4d9db2af3f38b4c99770f18.gif[/img] Those are my babs, without their original artwork, but still. Ariena, Jeladenoir, Scrolle, Sakura and Kenan.
@AraKina Just lemme dig up my original crew...xP

25565dbb209b73960896b3112b409b7e.gif336eb9de9bdc2abd3d28ebd2c0816330.gifb70fbafafb53859a46af36d9bf8cd06b.gif099e2d663efb895c0e2ae80e4aeb6e4d.gif0674d423c4d9db2af3f38b4c99770f18.gif

Those are my babs, without their original artwork, but still. Ariena, Jeladenoir, Scrolle, Sakura and Kenan.
Gosh i wonder if i would be able to find my old account. This game was so much of my childhood.
EDIT: Nope. It is not even archived on google.
Gosh i wonder if i would be able to find my old account. This game was so much of my childhood.
EDIT: Nope. It is not even archived on google.
tumblr_inline_n5mul9ffe41scrvs1.png
Yes of course, I wish I could still see the sprites of my old fellas. :<
Yes of course, I wish I could still see the sprites of my old fellas. :<
tumblr_om7wmtaZKm1w2diclo1_100.pngAvyQk6b.png

Female ~ US ~ Water Flight. My name is Adam, and I proudly take care of my Steel Crest Clan! I love WoW, snakes, Sailor Moon and Pokemon~ Feel free to hit me up for trading, dragon breeding, or even just a chat. Roleplay friendly! Please pingaling me~

i ' m w i s h i n g f o r -- Crimson Leg Silks!
Yeeeeees I was on there too and went with the name Luane xD That site made me start to art =3
Yeeeeees I was on there too and went with the name Luane xD That site made me start to art =3
yAEXdRe.png
1 2 3