Back

General Discussion

Discuss your favorites: TV shows, music, games and hobbies.
TOPIC | Bad Movie Thread: Really, Really Bad
1 2 ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... 149 150
@CatBountry: True that. I think he deserves better roles, though.
@CatBountry: True that. I think he deserves better roles, though.
@medacris Didn't he retire or something anyway?
@medacris Didn't he retire or something anyway?
35be334.png
@Anactoria: Pre-teen me had a crush on Yami Yugi, so I might have gotten a kick out of it back then, but I wouldn't be surprised if they were terrible.

@CatBountry: For the most part, yeah.
@Anactoria: Pre-teen me had a crush on Yami Yugi, so I might have gotten a kick out of it back then, but I wouldn't be surprised if they were terrible.

@CatBountry: For the most part, yeah.
Oh god bad movies. There are just so many it's really hard to keep track of them to be honst haha. Though I will say as a horror fan, I've forced myself through far too many.

@spoon
Ah Basket Case, I actually rather like that movie. The sequels were pretty so so (third at least), but all around it was pretty decent. Crazy weird though
Oh god bad movies. There are just so many it's really hard to keep track of them to be honst haha. Though I will say as a horror fan, I've forced myself through far too many.

@spoon
Ah Basket Case, I actually rather like that movie. The sequels were pretty so so (third at least), but all around it was pretty decent. Crazy weird though
catwoman (2004)
it's not even so bad it's good
it's so bad it's just bad
catwoman (2004)
it's not even so bad it's good
it's so bad it's just bad
@Suparrnova I'm afraid to even watch that movie because as a comic book fan I would probably just get angry.

@Osirilen To be a horror fan is to know cinematic suffering through some of the worst films ever made. It's no wonder so many of us are also bad movie aficionados. It's like Stockholm Syndrome.
@Suparrnova I'm afraid to even watch that movie because as a comic book fan I would probably just get angry.

@Osirilen To be a horror fan is to know cinematic suffering through some of the worst films ever made. It's no wonder so many of us are also bad movie aficionados. It's like Stockholm Syndrome.
35be334.png
@CatBountry yeah, definitely avoid it if you don't want to get angry. everything was just completely... ugh.
@CatBountry yeah, definitely avoid it if you don't want to get angry. everything was just completely... ugh.
@CatBountry
It really is. And yeah it is haha. Watching horror movies has basically forced me to find a love for bad movies. Whenever I'm talking to a friend about a bad movie and they don't believe me I'm always like "No you don't understand. I love bad movies....this one's crap."

Also for the list of bad movies I don't know if it's been said, but Resident Evil: Apocalypse. Just...nothing about that movie is good, be it the cgi or the acting. But luckily for me after a second viewing, it kind of lands in the 'good bad' category now.
@CatBountry
It really is. And yeah it is haha. Watching horror movies has basically forced me to find a love for bad movies. Whenever I'm talking to a friend about a bad movie and they don't believe me I'm always like "No you don't understand. I love bad movies....this one's crap."

Also for the list of bad movies I don't know if it's been said, but Resident Evil: Apocalypse. Just...nothing about that movie is good, be it the cgi or the acting. But luckily for me after a second viewing, it kind of lands in the 'good bad' category now.
@Osirilen I was under the impression that the Resident Evil movies were just Paul W.S. Anderson's Mary Sue fan fiction anyway. But yeah, the fact that horror movies are some of the cheapest and easiest to make for fledgling filmmakers means that horror fans have to wade through a river of crap at all times, especially so since the popularity of the VCR killed off the need for theatrical releases of films. We've been dealing with this crap for over 30 years.

I kind of want to write up an essay on why so many bad movies tend to be horror films, since most people hearing the phrase "bad movie" will usually think of some B-grade horror film anyway.

@Suparrnova Duly noted.
@Osirilen I was under the impression that the Resident Evil movies were just Paul W.S. Anderson's Mary Sue fan fiction anyway. But yeah, the fact that horror movies are some of the cheapest and easiest to make for fledgling filmmakers means that horror fans have to wade through a river of crap at all times, especially so since the popularity of the VCR killed off the need for theatrical releases of films. We've been dealing with this crap for over 30 years.

I kind of want to write up an essay on why so many bad movies tend to be horror films, since most people hearing the phrase "bad movie" will usually think of some B-grade horror film anyway.

@Suparrnova Duly noted.
35be334.png
@CatBountry
It really pretty much is lol. I mean a couple of them I did kind of enjoy, but others are just...terrible.
Well yeah there is that. And while you can always find a gem in the whole indie horror scene, most of the time it's just a river of crap. It's not even just the indie type of horror that's the problem though. Most of the time even the 'big' releases that make it to theaters end up being incredibly lacking, since Hollywood rarely takes the genre seriously.
@CatBountry
It really pretty much is lol. I mean a couple of them I did kind of enjoy, but others are just...terrible.
Well yeah there is that. And while you can always find a gem in the whole indie horror scene, most of the time it's just a river of crap. It's not even just the indie type of horror that's the problem though. Most of the time even the 'big' releases that make it to theaters end up being incredibly lacking, since Hollywood rarely takes the genre seriously.
1 2 ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... 149 150