Back

General Discussion

Discuss your favorites: TV shows, music, games and hobbies.
TOPIC | What animes are you into right now?
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 29 30
@hoolia I'm currently rewatching all of Sword Art Online. I absolutely love this show. :)
@hoolia I'm currently rewatching all of Sword Art Online. I absolutely love this show. :)
I AM - ONLINE
My Art Shop
2i1fr40.jpg
@destinae Glad to here it holds up on manga form (I dunno if it came first or what) I look into it!

@breebrightside I watched quite a bit of that show and honestly (just personal taste) I got kinda bored of it. It got slow and I didn't appreciate the change considering where the show was going. I dunno if it sped up or what but I don't remember exactly
@destinae Glad to here it holds up on manga form (I dunno if it came first or what) I look into it!

@breebrightside I watched quite a bit of that show and honestly (just personal taste) I got kinda bored of it. It got slow and I didn't appreciate the change considering where the show was going. I dunno if it sped up or what but I don't remember exactly
Check out my art blog!
http://corvidae-j.tumblr.com/
[quote name="breebrightside" date="2014-04-21 18:00:34"]I'm currently rewatching all of Sword Art Online.[/quote] Talk about a great anime! I never got to finish it because I couldn't keep up with it, but what I saw of it was really intriguing and fascinating. The situational uncanny valley had my writer brain spinning. But it was such a lovely anime, and didn't really focus on romance like most do, which was really great and fresh and stuff.
breebrightside wrote on 2014-04-21 18:00:34:
I'm currently rewatching all of Sword Art Online.
Talk about a great anime! I never got to finish it because I couldn't keep up with it, but what I saw of it was really intriguing and fascinating. The situational uncanny valley had my writer brain spinning. But it was such a lovely anime, and didn't really focus on romance like most do, which was really great and fresh and stuff.
WkCEhwX.pngCioCFC3.png

tumblr_inline_nayxei5D171qg78ij.png
@Hoolia
Keeping in mind some of those only have 2-3 episodes out it all depends on your tastes.
For example these are all sports related:
Baby steps (Tennis-kinda slow)
Haikyuu (Volleyball- really nice so far, same as the manga)
Diamond no Ace (Baseball- Also nice, but it can drag at parts and there would also be some catching up to do)
Yowamushi Pedal (Cycling- Refreshing and character driven, love the mc)
Would you mind telling me what kinds of shows you enjoy? That might help narrow it down a bit. Also if any titles perked your interest and be happy to tell you about them.
@destinae
I'd recommend Log Horizon if you enjoy those kinds of stories. I will say it's more world building than fighty (The main character is a support class). On a side note the author of Log Horizon is super nice as he is really open with fans (Did like three public Q&A on the fly).
@Hoolia
Keeping in mind some of those only have 2-3 episodes out it all depends on your tastes.
For example these are all sports related:
Baby steps (Tennis-kinda slow)
Haikyuu (Volleyball- really nice so far, same as the manga)
Diamond no Ace (Baseball- Also nice, but it can drag at parts and there would also be some catching up to do)
Yowamushi Pedal (Cycling- Refreshing and character driven, love the mc)
Would you mind telling me what kinds of shows you enjoy? That might help narrow it down a bit. Also if any titles perked your interest and be happy to tell you about them.
@destinae
I'd recommend Log Horizon if you enjoy those kinds of stories. I will say it's more world building than fighty (The main character is a support class). On a side note the author of Log Horizon is super nice as he is really open with fans (Did like three public Q&A on the fly).
DistinctPiercingBillygoat-small.gif tenor.gif
I recently just watched Puella Magi Madoka Magica, Shingeki No Kyojin, and Sword Art Online. I'd recommend them all.
I recently just watched Puella Magi Madoka Magica, Shingeki No Kyojin, and Sword Art Online. I'd recommend them all.
@DoctorEnsign I'm open to almost everything I do have a hankering towards adventure animes or cute (but not overboard) from things like FullMetal Alchemist/Hunter x Hunter to Kuragehime (Princess Jellyfish) Mostly the characters have to be interesting and the story compelling.
@DoctorEnsign I'm open to almost everything I do have a hankering towards adventure animes or cute (but not overboard) from things like FullMetal Alchemist/Hunter x Hunter to Kuragehime (Princess Jellyfish) Mostly the characters have to be interesting and the story compelling.
Check out my art blog!
http://corvidae-j.tumblr.com/
Kill la Kill is my all-time favorite anime, but I really like Madoka Magica and Black Rock Shooter (the TV series), too! I want to check out Akuma no Riddle, but I'm unbelievably lazy, so I haven't started it yet...

For the people undecided about watching KLK: Unless you're just not into the art style, please watch it! ;___; It gets much better from episode 3 onward.
Kill la Kill is my all-time favorite anime, but I really like Madoka Magica and Black Rock Shooter (the TV series), too! I want to check out Akuma no Riddle, but I'm unbelievably lazy, so I haven't started it yet...

For the people undecided about watching KLK: Unless you're just not into the art style, please watch it! ;___; It gets much better from episode 3 onward.
PB-logo-transparent1.png gem.png Ashes | F
gem.png +4h FR time
gem.png Feel free to ping me!
Everyone has to at some point watch Fullmetal Alchemist Brotherhood.
Everyone has to at some point watch Fullmetal Alchemist Brotherhood.
ep38p4.jpg
@Hoolia
Alright, I'll give a short blurb for them (I'll exclude the ones already mentioned or ones I don't think you'd like).
  • Bokura wa Minna Kawaisou (kinda like Kuragehime, but with mixed dorms. Doesn't really have an overarching plot but is really character driven. Really nice characters and humor.)
  • Captain Earth ( I would have recommended this no matter what, characters are great, nice mecha fights, amazing ost, and it's done by bones. I give this atleast one episode)
  • Hitsugi no Chaika (Nice fantasy setting with magic. Main characters are on the run collect power magic things after a deadly war. Fights look nice and characters are great)
  • Jojo (This is a special case, as it's based on a widely popular manga series. You'd have to watch parts 1 and 2 before watching the current 3rd as they are all loosely linked. Heavy character driven with an interesting plot. I will say that you'd either like it a lot or hate it as it can get quite weird. )
  • Love Live! School Idol Project 2nd (second season to a popular idol show. If you like underdog stories or just want to listen to some snazzy music it's all there. )
  • Mahouka Koukou no Rettousei ( I little hard to explain, as the LN it's based of is very info dumpy. If you like MC who are over powered as crap and are stoic you'll enjoy watching the main guy beat the crap out of everyone with his kick-butt sister.)
  • No Game No Life (Main characters are NEET siblings sent to another world ruled by games. I quite like it but if you can't stand the MC you wouldn't enjoy it.)
  • Soredemo Sekai wa Utsukushii ( strong- willed princess nike is sent of to marry the sun king. A romance/comedy/fantasy that is fun to watch as their relationship evolves.)
  • Tonari no Seki-kun (7mins of a guy goofing of in class in weird ways, which ends up getting the mc in trouble. Well worth the time.)
  • ****** ga Flag wo Oraretara (Forgot to mention. MC can see the "flags" above peoples heads. It ends up as a harem, but unlike others all girls are best girl, no painful misunderstandings, and the MC is actually like able. It also has a fantasy element to it, though I don't know how far it'll get there compared to the manga.)
Hoping this helps a bit. If there are any you want to know more about just ask and I'll try to help.
@Hoolia
Alright, I'll give a short blurb for them (I'll exclude the ones already mentioned or ones I don't think you'd like).
  • Bokura wa Minna Kawaisou (kinda like Kuragehime, but with mixed dorms. Doesn't really have an overarching plot but is really character driven. Really nice characters and humor.)
  • Captain Earth ( I would have recommended this no matter what, characters are great, nice mecha fights, amazing ost, and it's done by bones. I give this atleast one episode)
  • Hitsugi no Chaika (Nice fantasy setting with magic. Main characters are on the run collect power magic things after a deadly war. Fights look nice and characters are great)
  • Jojo (This is a special case, as it's based on a widely popular manga series. You'd have to watch parts 1 and 2 before watching the current 3rd as they are all loosely linked. Heavy character driven with an interesting plot. I will say that you'd either like it a lot or hate it as it can get quite weird. )
  • Love Live! School Idol Project 2nd (second season to a popular idol show. If you like underdog stories or just want to listen to some snazzy music it's all there. )
  • Mahouka Koukou no Rettousei ( I little hard to explain, as the LN it's based of is very info dumpy. If you like MC who are over powered as crap and are stoic you'll enjoy watching the main guy beat the crap out of everyone with his kick-butt sister.)
  • No Game No Life (Main characters are NEET siblings sent to another world ruled by games. I quite like it but if you can't stand the MC you wouldn't enjoy it.)
  • Soredemo Sekai wa Utsukushii ( strong- willed princess nike is sent of to marry the sun king. A romance/comedy/fantasy that is fun to watch as their relationship evolves.)
  • Tonari no Seki-kun (7mins of a guy goofing of in class in weird ways, which ends up getting the mc in trouble. Well worth the time.)
  • ****** ga Flag wo Oraretara (Forgot to mention. MC can see the "flags" above peoples heads. It ends up as a harem, but unlike others all girls are best girl, no painful misunderstandings, and the MC is actually like able. It also has a fantasy element to it, though I don't know how far it'll get there compared to the manga.)
Hoping this helps a bit. If there are any you want to know more about just ask and I'll try to help.
DistinctPiercingBillygoat-small.gif tenor.gif
@LOVEkidkun

No not everyone, I haven't~

I was never really interested in the FMA or FMAB... I tried to watch the first episode way back when I was still a kid and I sorta just went "Nope" and turned it off.
I despised the characters of both Edward and Al as they just didn't click with me at all. :/
@LOVEkidkun

No not everyone, I haven't~

I was never really interested in the FMA or FMAB... I tried to watch the first episode way back when I was still a kid and I sorta just went "Nope" and turned it off.
I despised the characters of both Edward and Al as they just didn't click with me at all. :/
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 29 30