Back

Guides

Community created guides, helpful strategies, and more.
TOPIC | [guide] Coli skills + enemy stats
1 2 ... 33 34 35 36 37 ... 69 70
@Sylvandyr

Okay, not sure what is going on. My laptop refuses to connect to the site. Cleared cache on all my browsers, tried Chrome, Firefox, and Edge. Restarted the computer. Shut off my anti-virus and firewall, still nothing. Type in the address into my phone connected to the same wifi, loads right up. :/
@Sylvandyr

Okay, not sure what is going on. My laptop refuses to connect to the site. Cleared cache on all my browsers, tried Chrome, Firefox, and Edge. Restarted the computer. Shut off my anti-virus and firewall, still nothing. Type in the address into my phone connected to the same wifi, loads right up. :/
light-item-shop-button.png
@Zamirathe - Oh no! :( It could be that the firewall / antivirus aren't actually turning off. There was one time I had an issue with one and I had to uninstall it because it would keep starting back up in the background, even though I manually killed the process.

I'm sorry this is happening to you, that's frustrating. Any idea if your computer updated recently?
@Zamirathe - Oh no! :( It could be that the firewall / antivirus aren't actually turning off. There was one time I had an issue with one and I had to uninstall it because it would keep starting back up in the background, even though I manually killed the process.

I'm sorry this is happening to you, that's frustrating. Any idea if your computer updated recently?
Bonsai pixels (tofu and tea motif) by miirshroom
@Sylvandyr @iconmaster

I was wondering if either of you had made an advances in understanding turn order.

I also do not quite understand how the weighted average factors in Sylvandyr's theory.

I have been looking into it myself. My current thinking is very close to iconmaster's, with a threshold of 100, however, there are some errors with low speed dragons. It works perfectly for my farming dragon and the monsters however, it off by a couple rounds for the fodder.

To me, it looks like there are behind-the-scenes cycles and each cycle the quickness is added to a turn bar (as you call it). Any cycle on which the bar reaches a certain threshold (100 I think), that creature acts. I am still working out some kinks with the order when multiple creature would act during the same cycle, but it looks like right to left, top to bottom is pretty close.

Below is the pseudocode I have been testing against

while the battle is still going on:
begin a cycle
for each creature:
add quickness to its charge
if its charge is above the threshold:
that creature acts this cycle
reset its charge to zero
end the cycle

If a paragraph would be easier, I can see what I can do about putting that in sentence form.
@Sylvandyr @iconmaster

I was wondering if either of you had made an advances in understanding turn order.

I also do not quite understand how the weighted average factors in Sylvandyr's theory.

I have been looking into it myself. My current thinking is very close to iconmaster's, with a threshold of 100, however, there are some errors with low speed dragons. It works perfectly for my farming dragon and the monsters however, it off by a couple rounds for the fodder.

To me, it looks like there are behind-the-scenes cycles and each cycle the quickness is added to a turn bar (as you call it). Any cycle on which the bar reaches a certain threshold (100 I think), that creature acts. I am still working out some kinks with the order when multiple creature would act during the same cycle, but it looks like right to left, top to bottom is pretty close.

Below is the pseudocode I have been testing against

while the battle is still going on:
begin a cycle
for each creature:
add quickness to its charge
if its charge is above the threshold:
that creature acts this cycle
reset its charge to zero
end the cycle

If a paragraph would be easier, I can see what I can do about putting that in sentence form.
@RageAsylum - Quick caution that Coliseum 2.0 has been announced and they will likely change the turn order system. I expect that the first turn bug at least will be fixed. The way battle stones apply may too.
@RageAsylum - Quick caution that Coliseum 2.0 has been announced and they will likely change the turn order system. I expect that the first turn bug at least will be fixed. The way battle stones apply may too.
@Sylvandyr

Yeah, I know. But I still want to figure this system out if I can, just to know really. Also, it might help understand what the next iteration looks like as well, since I doubt it will be rebuilt totally from scratch, but instead exist as an improvement on the current version.
@Sylvandyr

Yeah, I know. But I still want to figure this system out if I can, just to know really. Also, it might help understand what the next iteration looks like as well, since I doubt it will be rebuilt totally from scratch, but instead exist as an improvement on the current version.
@RageAsylum - Ah, cool.

Edge cases failing are a common symptom of an incomplete algorithm. I've tried several variations of the kind you highlighted over the years, but I haven't found the missing pieces for a 100% matching algorithm.

Best of luck to you.
@RageAsylum - Ah, cool.

Edge cases failing are a common symptom of an incomplete algorithm. I've tried several variations of the kind you highlighted over the years, but I haven't found the missing pieces for a 100% matching algorithm.

Best of luck to you.
@Sylvandyr

On a different topic, I believe the you have the health gain from levels and VIT swapped in the guide (but correct in the tool). Levels look to give 30 health and VIT 20 health.
@Sylvandyr

On a different topic, I believe the you have the health gain from levels and VIT swapped in the guide (but correct in the tool). Levels look to give 30 health and VIT 20 health.
@RageAsylum - Oops, fixed. Thanks so much!
@RageAsylum - Oops, fixed. Thanks so much!
@Sylvandyr

So, to go back to my original issue of the tool not loading. I haven't found a solution, but I found a work around for anyone having the same issues as I am. (As a note, I tried everything to fix it short of reinstalling Windows 10 from scratch. Nothing helped.) I came across this post of someone who was having similar issues to me as I found out it was any firebaseapp I couldn't access in any browser except from my phone.

Solution: I installed Fiddler. While Fiddler is running, the site loads right up. If I shut it down, it just sits establishing secure connection until it times out. :( At least I can somewhat use it again.

On another note, do you think you'll still be able to get the monster stats and things after the revamp or are they going to close the data scraping hole?
@Sylvandyr

So, to go back to my original issue of the tool not loading. I haven't found a solution, but I found a work around for anyone having the same issues as I am. (As a note, I tried everything to fix it short of reinstalling Windows 10 from scratch. Nothing helped.) I came across this post of someone who was having similar issues to me as I found out it was any firebaseapp I couldn't access in any browser except from my phone.

Solution: I installed Fiddler. While Fiddler is running, the site loads right up. If I shut it down, it just sits establishing secure connection until it times out. :( At least I can somewhat use it again.

On another note, do you think you'll still be able to get the monster stats and things after the revamp or are they going to close the data scraping hole?
light-item-shop-button.png
@Zamirathe - Darn, so it was indeed firebase. :( I suspected it might be and tried to look up solutions when you brought it up, but I found nothing. I'm glad the workaround works for you, though I wish I could fix it with a setting or something.

I don't know if they'll remove the data from the client. Thrage's post said that grabbing the data is absolutely okay, but the client doesn't technically need it. What I strongly fear is that when 2.0 launches, removing the client side data will be a thing they do as part of the cleanup. At that point, we'd have to do manual testing with specific STR/INT; enemy STR, INT, DEF, and MND can be determined easily, but HP would be annoying to confirm, and QCK would be the hardest to confirm especially if they tweak the QCK algorithm.

Sadly if they remove the data from client side, I cannot dedicate the time for future updates. I guess I can send a ticket to inquire.

[EDIT]: I sent in a ticket! Praying for a favorable response, but if we have to live without the data, we'll need to find new ways to adapt.
@Zamirathe - Darn, so it was indeed firebase. :( I suspected it might be and tried to look up solutions when you brought it up, but I found nothing. I'm glad the workaround works for you, though I wish I could fix it with a setting or something.

I don't know if they'll remove the data from the client. Thrage's post said that grabbing the data is absolutely okay, but the client doesn't technically need it. What I strongly fear is that when 2.0 launches, removing the client side data will be a thing they do as part of the cleanup. At that point, we'd have to do manual testing with specific STR/INT; enemy STR, INT, DEF, and MND can be determined easily, but HP would be annoying to confirm, and QCK would be the hardest to confirm especially if they tweak the QCK algorithm.

Sadly if they remove the data from client side, I cannot dedicate the time for future updates. I guess I can send a ticket to inquire.

[EDIT]: I sent in a ticket! Praying for a favorable response, but if we have to live without the data, we'll need to find new ways to adapt.
1 2 ... 33 34 35 36 37 ... 69 70