Back

Guides

Community created guides, helpful strategies, and more.
TOPIC | [guide] Coli skills + enemy stats
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 69 70
@nika - Got the formula, thanks for the data!

If you'd like, you can help me complain in my suggestion thread, because this data shows that DEF/MND sucks compared to VIT. Like a lot. Really really a lot.

http://flightrising.com/main.php?board=sug&id=968309&p=mb

[EDIT]:

As of August 23, 2014, I retract my statement because Augment Stones have been fixed. This means that we have a LOT more points to work with, because stones don't trigger diminishing returns. In PvE, we have significant control over the source of our damage, so we can ignore either DEF or MND and focus on the one that we're taking damage from. It is now possible to hit thresholds of VIT/DEF where having more DEF is sometimes more useful. Therefore, this suggestion is no longer relevant.
@nika - Got the formula, thanks for the data!

If you'd like, you can help me complain in my suggestion thread, because this data shows that DEF/MND sucks compared to VIT. Like a lot. Really really a lot.

http://flightrising.com/main.php?board=sug&id=968309&p=mb

[EDIT]:

As of August 23, 2014, I retract my statement because Augment Stones have been fixed. This means that we have a LOT more points to work with, because stones don't trigger diminishing returns. In PvE, we have significant control over the source of our damage, so we can ignore either DEF or MND and focus on the one that we're taking damage from. It is now possible to hit thresholds of VIT/DEF where having more DEF is sometimes more useful. Therefore, this suggestion is no longer relevant.
Bonsai pixels (tofu and tea motif) by miirshroom
Shoot. I just realized that I forgot about Sap. Sap does some damage and then gives you some health back, right? Ugh, I've never used Sap, does anyone have Sap data for me? =/

[EDIT]: Just bought one off the Marketplace, gonna try and test it. More data is welcome.
Shoot. I just realized that I forgot about Sap. Sap does some damage and then gives you some health back, right? Ugh, I've never used Sap, does anyone have Sap data for me? =/

[EDIT]: Just bought one off the Marketplace, gonna try and test it. More data is welcome.
@Sylvandyr

This is super useful, thank you so much for going to all this effort!

Any idea what the formula for the Rally buff is? I've been told it adds 30 to STR at level 25, but I've seen from my own experience that lower level dragons don't give as much bonus with Rally as higher ones. Though I'm not even sure if it's the level or the STR stat that matters.
@Sylvandyr

This is super useful, thank you so much for going to all this effort!

Any idea what the formula for the Rally buff is? I've been told it adds 30 to STR at level 25, but I've seen from my own experience that lower level dragons don't give as much bonus with Rally as higher ones. Though I'm not even sure if it's the level or the STR stat that matters.
@Mikonoda - All buffs are level-based. Rally gives Level + 5 STR. Haste gives Level + 5 QCK. I haven't physically tested the others, but they probably do the same.
@Mikonoda - All buffs are level-based. Rally gives Level + 5 STR. Haste gives Level + 5 QCK. I haven't physically tested the others, but they probably do the same.
@Sylvandyr

Thanks! You're obviously both far more patient AND much better at statistical analysis than I am, lol. The site is lucky to have you!
@Sylvandyr

Thanks! You're obviously both far more patient AND much better at statistical analysis than I am, lol. The site is lucky to have you!
@Mikonoda - Thanks for the compliment. I've definitely spent a lot more time on Coli-related stuff than I'd care to admit, ha. Figuring out the (floor(DEF / 3) * 4 + (DEF % 3)) part for the first time took some doing, I saw patterns in numbers but had some trouble putting it into the correct mathematical expression. I spent quite a while scratching my head trying to figure out how to express the patterns for Scratch, but I was really happy once I got it. I envy the geniuses who can just take one look at a set of numbers and immediately see the formulae =/

Things I need to still do:
  • Envenom poison ticks (coming soon, I have an Envenom mage now)
  • Verify the buffs that I don't use (Concentration, Bolster, Ward)
  • Check how much damage reduction Anticipate causes, as well as the rounding mechanism
  • Check how much damage reduction Meditate causes, as well as the rounding mechanism
  • Verify the rounding mechanism for Defend buff
  • Verify the rounding mechanism for Sear debuff

[EDIT]: Verified a few, will be able to test the rest on an exalt bait tomorrow. Anything else that may be missing from the list?
@Mikonoda - Thanks for the compliment. I've definitely spent a lot more time on Coli-related stuff than I'd care to admit, ha. Figuring out the (floor(DEF / 3) * 4 + (DEF % 3)) part for the first time took some doing, I saw patterns in numbers but had some trouble putting it into the correct mathematical expression. I spent quite a while scratching my head trying to figure out how to express the patterns for Scratch, but I was really happy once I got it. I envy the geniuses who can just take one look at a set of numbers and immediately see the formulae =/

Things I need to still do:
  • Envenom poison ticks (coming soon, I have an Envenom mage now)
  • Verify the buffs that I don't use (Concentration, Bolster, Ward)
  • Check how much damage reduction Anticipate causes, as well as the rounding mechanism
  • Check how much damage reduction Meditate causes, as well as the rounding mechanism
  • Verify the rounding mechanism for Defend buff
  • Verify the rounding mechanism for Sear debuff

[EDIT]: Verified a few, will be able to test the rest on an exalt bait tomorrow. Anything else that may be missing from the list?
Just giving this a nudge up so it may be seen and moved to Guides. ^^
Just giving this a nudge up so it may be seen and moved to Guides. ^^
Volunteer Moderator
If you have any questions, concerns, or feedback regarding moderation please feel free to use the Contact Us form. These submissions are viewed solely by the Flight Rising staff, not the volunteer moderator group.
XRwFykP.png

@Alphaeon Thank you again! *hearts* :)

@Sylvandyr Here is your new shiny thread for your guide! http://flightrising.com/main.php?p=mb&board=gde&id=967048
@Alphaeon Thank you again! *hearts* :)

@Sylvandyr Here is your new shiny thread for your guide! http://flightrising.com/main.php?p=mb&board=gde&id=967048
Hello! :) If you have any questions, concerns, or feedback regarding moderation please feel free to use the Contact Us form. These submissions are viewed solely by the Admin and staff of Flight Rising, not the volunteer moderator group.
Thank you Lune and Alphaeon :)
Thank you Lune and Alphaeon :)
Thanks to data provided by C4, I have found a completely different formula for Enfeeble's damage compared to the rest of the elemental specials. It's a rather complex formula, so I don't think it could have been an accidental typo. My theory is that because it applies a debuff that increases the victim's magic damage taken, and it is by itself a magic skill, it's "balanced" differently. Enfeeble's individual damage is terrible as a result, and at higher INT you'll see Mana Bolt quickly take over. Even Contuse will overtake Enfeeble if the INT is high enough (example: 74 INT vs. 100 MND against Arcane-neutral target).
Thanks to data provided by C4, I have found a completely different formula for Enfeeble's damage compared to the rest of the elemental specials. It's a rather complex formula, so I don't think it could have been an accidental typo. My theory is that because it applies a debuff that increases the victim's magic damage taken, and it is by itself a magic skill, it's "balanced" differently. Enfeeble's individual damage is terrible as a result, and at higher INT you'll see Mana Bolt quickly take over. Even Contuse will overtake Enfeeble if the INT is high enough (example: 74 INT vs. 100 MND against Arcane-neutral target).
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 69 70