Back

Guides

Community created guides, helpful strategies, and more.
TOPIC | Coliseum Grinding/Exalting Guide
1 2 ... 95 96 97 98 99 ... 120 121
@Maki - It's "possible", but I've been fleeing on sight to save time. I think it'd go over better if one of your fodder was high level to soak some hits. If you like training random lv25s on the side I think you can squeeze in some boss kills with the high lv one and a regular fodder.
@Maki - It's "possible", but I've been fleeing on sight to save time. I think it'd go over better if one of your fodder was high level to soak some hits. If you like training random lv25s on the side I think you can squeeze in some boss kills with the high lv one and a regular fodder.
Bonsai pixels (tofu and tea motif) by miirshroom
@Sylvandyr

In the past I've always had my Arcane mire dragon-- statted at 115 STR/72 QCK/27 VIT. And he was a neato mire-er. So based on what you've said in your post above-- I should switch to 117 STR/70 QCK/25 VIT?

Would the mire still be the ideal place to train fodder?

Also: Can you tell me the worth of my Plague Kelp Beds dragon and my Arcane Mage? I know Arcane's are the most useless of mages, so I've been considering changing her to a warrior for the Kelp Beds. I've also been thinking about restatting my Plague dragon to suit the needs of the Ruins. Is the Plague element not great? (I know Nature and Water is best but I'm not sure how permanent those dragons will be in my lair)

Thank you for your time!
@Sylvandyr

In the past I've always had my Arcane mire dragon-- statted at 115 STR/72 QCK/27 VIT. And he was a neato mire-er. So based on what you've said in your post above-- I should switch to 117 STR/70 QCK/25 VIT?

Would the mire still be the ideal place to train fodder?

Also: Can you tell me the worth of my Plague Kelp Beds dragon and my Arcane Mage? I know Arcane's are the most useless of mages, so I've been considering changing her to a warrior for the Kelp Beds. I've also been thinking about restatting my Plague dragon to suit the needs of the Ruins. Is the Plague element not great? (I know Nature and Water is best but I'm not sure how permanent those dragons will be in my lair)

Thank you for your time!
holli, she/her
@HolliKyo - If you make the switch, I would use 117 STR / 72 QCK/20 VIT. Having exactly 72 QCK (not 70!) is important, as it lets you get an extra turn against the Venomous Toridae, which is one of the most threatening monsters in the Mire. Respeccing to take down the crocs in less hits and then giving up a turn against them won't be too helpful!

Plague is a really poor element for the Ruins. The fastest monsters are Light and Wind, and they appear in pretty brutal packs. Unfortunately Arcane has a weakness against Wind, so using that extra dragon to avoid the Plague dragon's weakness to Light won't do much. Do you have any other elements?

If you're really forced to play with either a Plague or Arcane dragon in the Ruins, you will need to adjust your playstyle and capitalize on the Shadow / Arcane mages, which Plague and Arcane resist, respectively. I think Arcane is even worse than Plague in this situation because you take big hits from the Nature monsters too, and that cuts down a ton of potential starting packs, of which there are very few.

[EDIT]: Sorry, missed a question! Yes, the Mire is still the best place to train fodder. Training in the Ruins is just a compromise if you want the stuff!
@HolliKyo - If you make the switch, I would use 117 STR / 72 QCK/20 VIT. Having exactly 72 QCK (not 70!) is important, as it lets you get an extra turn against the Venomous Toridae, which is one of the most threatening monsters in the Mire. Respeccing to take down the crocs in less hits and then giving up a turn against them won't be too helpful!

Plague is a really poor element for the Ruins. The fastest monsters are Light and Wind, and they appear in pretty brutal packs. Unfortunately Arcane has a weakness against Wind, so using that extra dragon to avoid the Plague dragon's weakness to Light won't do much. Do you have any other elements?

If you're really forced to play with either a Plague or Arcane dragon in the Ruins, you will need to adjust your playstyle and capitalize on the Shadow / Arcane mages, which Plague and Arcane resist, respectively. I think Arcane is even worse than Plague in this situation because you take big hits from the Nature monsters too, and that cuts down a ton of potential starting packs, of which there are very few.

[EDIT]: Sorry, missed a question! Yes, the Mire is still the best place to train fodder. Training in the Ruins is just a compromise if you want the stuff!
@Sylvandyr
I cant rally eliminate quite a bit of monster in the ruin with 115 strength elim, will 117 make it?
@Sylvandyr
I cant rally eliminate quite a bit of monster in the ruin with 115 strength elim, will 117 make it?
unbrqMG.png
@jellywolffy - 115 is all that's needed. Is your Rally dragon not level 25 or did you get hit by Contuse?
@jellywolffy - 115 is all that's needed. Is your Rally dragon not level 25 or did you get hit by Contuse?
@Sylvandyr
It is my mire trainer with 115 str 10 agi and 72 qck not hit by contuse, but is ralleyed by another dragon which is only level 20, is that the problem?
@Sylvandyr
It is my mire trainer with 115 str 10 agi and 72 qck not hit by contuse, but is ralleyed by another dragon which is only level 20, is that the problem?
unbrqMG.png
@jellywolffy - Yes, Rally depends upon the caster's level.
@jellywolffy - Yes, Rally depends upon the caster's level.
@Sylvandyr
Oh thanks a lot
@Sylvandyr
Oh thanks a lot
unbrqMG.png
@sylvandyr

Alright thank you so much for the correction! I currently have ice, light, shadow, and lightning permanent dragons for sure, though I'm going to start going through the Auction House daily to try to see if I can find any water dragons that meet my standards for a water rep... My nature specifications might be TOO strict to find one easily. I'm also looking for a wind dragon, if one of those would also be an okay choice.

For my Arcane mage, should I change her to a Glass Cannon and use her in Kelp Beds? I think an Arcane mage in general isn't very helpful and I do need another KB dragon. Thanks again for the help.
@sylvandyr

Alright thank you so much for the correction! I currently have ice, light, shadow, and lightning permanent dragons for sure, though I'm going to start going through the Auction House daily to try to see if I can find any water dragons that meet my standards for a water rep... My nature specifications might be TOO strict to find one easily. I'm also looking for a wind dragon, if one of those would also be an okay choice.

For my Arcane mage, should I change her to a Glass Cannon and use her in Kelp Beds? I think an Arcane mage in general isn't very helpful and I do need another KB dragon. Thanks again for the help.
holli, she/her
@jellywolffy - No problem. :)

@HolliKyo - The Arcane mage will need to watch out for Cloud Chaser and Maren Ambusher. The Ambushers are pretty fast, though they are rarer. Cloud Chaser hitting you in general is bad because Disorient is a really nasty debuff, so I think you'll be able to manage with your Arcane mage if you need another Kelp Beds dragon. :) Just make sure those Ambushers die quick, as they'll get double turns after the first round and really hurt if they hit her.

Wind is the last choice you should pick, out of the ones you have. It takes increased damage from Shadow and Light. Hm... Out of those choices, I think you'll have to pick your poison. I would try to pick one that only has one weakness that you have to deal with, not two... So rule out Wind, Arcane, Shadow, and Light.

If you can't get a Water or Nature dragon, you'll need to pick between Plague and Ice. One's weak against the fastest Light mob, one's weak against Shadow mobs (of which there are many but only one is a caster). Personally I think I'd go with the Plague one so you can ignore the Shadow caster damage. They Shadow/Arcane ghosts are slightly slower than the Light/Wind ones, so you get more chance to build breath against the resistances.
@jellywolffy - No problem. :)

@HolliKyo - The Arcane mage will need to watch out for Cloud Chaser and Maren Ambusher. The Ambushers are pretty fast, though they are rarer. Cloud Chaser hitting you in general is bad because Disorient is a really nasty debuff, so I think you'll be able to manage with your Arcane mage if you need another Kelp Beds dragon. :) Just make sure those Ambushers die quick, as they'll get double turns after the first round and really hurt if they hit her.

Wind is the last choice you should pick, out of the ones you have. It takes increased damage from Shadow and Light. Hm... Out of those choices, I think you'll have to pick your poison. I would try to pick one that only has one weakness that you have to deal with, not two... So rule out Wind, Arcane, Shadow, and Light.

If you can't get a Water or Nature dragon, you'll need to pick between Plague and Ice. One's weak against the fastest Light mob, one's weak against Shadow mobs (of which there are many but only one is a caster). Personally I think I'd go with the Plague one so you can ignore the Shadow caster damage. They Shadow/Arcane ghosts are slightly slower than the Light/Wind ones, so you get more chance to build breath against the resistances.
1 2 ... 95 96 97 98 99 ... 120 121