Back

Guides

Community created guides, helpful strategies, and more.
TOPIC | Coliseum Grinding/Exalting Guide
1 2 ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... 120 121
@Kaliapi I am excited to tell you there's a workaround for not being able to get into the stats menu! The problem appears to be that you have too many battlestones (I was hit by this bug, too). You need to get down to less than 43 stacks of battle items, including potions. I just listed a bunch on the AH for 1 million treasure, to get them out of my inventory, and I could access the menu again. I was so relieved when I finally could - I had three levels saved up!

Things should get a lot easier once you can allocate your points again! But if you're still having trouble, and you don't have a magical dragon that can heal, consider getting one. They make leveling so much easier.

(Btw, you don't get xp at lower levels because your dragon has outleveled those areas. You have to keep moving up areas or you don't get any more xp. It sucks, but with being able to give those stats back, I bet you can fight in much harder areas!)
@Kaliapi I am excited to tell you there's a workaround for not being able to get into the stats menu! The problem appears to be that you have too many battlestones (I was hit by this bug, too). You need to get down to less than 43 stacks of battle items, including potions. I just listed a bunch on the AH for 1 million treasure, to get them out of my inventory, and I could access the menu again. I was so relieved when I finally could - I had three levels saved up!

Things should get a lot easier once you can allocate your points again! But if you're still having trouble, and you don't have a magical dragon that can heal, consider getting one. They make leveling so much easier.

(Btw, you don't get xp at lower levels because your dragon has outleveled those areas. You have to keep moving up areas or you don't get any more xp. It sucks, but with being able to give those stats back, I bet you can fight in much harder areas!)
@kiena
Oh my gosh. Thanks so much! I will go check out my battle inventory. I have no idea what I have in there because I just hoard the stuff. lol

Uhmm,,,did you have any info on the healer or know where info is on that...what stones and stats they need?.....yes I am a derp in the coliseum...I will read your first post again in a sec and see if it says anywhere.

I could of sworn I always could get experience in the training area but maybe that's just because I wasn't used to the higher lvl...lvl 10 is the highest I ever have been....Yeah! thank you so much for all of your help kiena....I really do appreciate it. You are so awesome for helping us. I have tried to get help before and got so confused i gave up in there. But I think I am understanding things better now. :)
@kiena
Oh my gosh. Thanks so much! I will go check out my battle inventory. I have no idea what I have in there because I just hoard the stuff. lol

Uhmm,,,did you have any info on the healer or know where info is on that...what stones and stats they need?.....yes I am a derp in the coliseum...I will read your first post again in a sec and see if it says anywhere.

I could of sworn I always could get experience in the training area but maybe that's just because I wasn't used to the higher lvl...lvl 10 is the highest I ever have been....Yeah! thank you so much for all of your help kiena....I really do appreciate it. You are so awesome for helping us. I have tried to get help before and got so confused i gave up in there. But I think I am understanding things better now. :)
zjjpmw.jpg
@Kaliapi - Oh I know, the coliseum is so confusing! That's why I wrote the guide, which admittedly is huge. I'm trying to find a better way to sum it up!

Look towards the end, for the leveling tips. I suggest two melee fighters and one magical fighter. The magical dragon should have Aid as one of their skills (to heal the other two) as well as Rally later (to buff the other two) and one attack (Contuse at first, then their special skill at level 12, depending on their element - I like Ice). Their stats should go 4 Int/2 Quick/1 Vit - just like the melee fighters, but int instead of strength.

And yup, once you're 4 levels (I think? Might be 3 or 5) past the level of a monster, it won't give you any more xp.
@Kaliapi - Oh I know, the coliseum is so confusing! That's why I wrote the guide, which admittedly is huge. I'm trying to find a better way to sum it up!

Look towards the end, for the leveling tips. I suggest two melee fighters and one magical fighter. The magical dragon should have Aid as one of their skills (to heal the other two) as well as Rally later (to buff the other two) and one attack (Contuse at first, then their special skill at level 12, depending on their element - I like Ice). Their stats should go 4 Int/2 Quick/1 Vit - just like the melee fighters, but int instead of strength.

And yup, once you're 4 levels (I think? Might be 3 or 5) past the level of a monster, it won't give you any more xp.
Just wanted to say, that stat guide really changed, and boosted my damage, for instance, i tinctured one of my dragons to see how the build would work compared to my own.

Dragon A (Non Tinctured): First Attack, Crits the target for 202 Damage
Dragon B (Tinctured): First attack on the same target, Hits the Target for 201 damage, all i lose is 180 hp and 3 points in quickness for a trade off of double damage.

Honestly, i think that Agility is a broken Stat, Dragon B is still dodging and Critical hitting as often as she was before being tinctured, and it's just as often as my old Coli group dodged and crit as well, and they didn't have any agility either, so i now don't think it even works, and even if it is working and is bugged with retention, it certainly isn't worth putting a single point in.
Just wanted to say, that stat guide really changed, and boosted my damage, for instance, i tinctured one of my dragons to see how the build would work compared to my own.

Dragon A (Non Tinctured): First Attack, Crits the target for 202 Damage
Dragon B (Tinctured): First attack on the same target, Hits the Target for 201 damage, all i lose is 180 hp and 3 points in quickness for a trade off of double damage.

Honestly, i think that Agility is a broken Stat, Dragon B is still dodging and Critical hitting as often as she was before being tinctured, and it's just as often as my old Coli group dodged and crit as well, and they didn't have any agility either, so i now don't think it even works, and even if it is working and is bugged with retention, it certainly isn't worth putting a single point in.
@Saerahn I see a little bit of difference between the dragons I tried agility out on and my main grinding team. The agility team doesn't seem to crit any more often, but it does seem to dodge more often. But overall, I much, much prefer those points into Str or Int - the extra damage/healing is just too important, imo.

And I'm glad the guide helped you! I hope you get a lot of awesome drops. :)
@Saerahn I see a little bit of difference between the dragons I tried agility out on and my main grinding team. The agility team doesn't seem to crit any more often, but it does seem to dodge more often. But overall, I much, much prefer those points into Str or Int - the extra damage/healing is just too important, imo.

And I'm glad the guide helped you! I hope you get a lot of awesome drops. :)
@Kiena It certainly has helped, Oh, i also forgot to mention i then decided to swap the build to my Healer as well, and tried Aid, Instant Regret, I've always used Regeneration and wish i had been using Aid much sooner.
@Kiena It certainly has helped, Oh, i also forgot to mention i then decided to swap the build to my Healer as well, and tried Aid, Instant Regret, I've always used Regeneration and wish i had been using Aid much sooner.
@Saerahn - Omg, I know. I used Regeneration at first, too, because I usually prefer regen in these sorts of games, plus I'd gotten it in a drop. The huge difference in Aid, especially once I started killing faster (so had less time for Regeneration to work) blew me over. Regeneration is likely more useful in fighting other players, but for grinding or even just leveling, I much, much prefer Aid now.
@Saerahn - Omg, I know. I used Regeneration at first, too, because I usually prefer regen in these sorts of games, plus I'd gotten it in a drop. The huge difference in Aid, especially once I started killing faster (so had less time for Regeneration to work) blew me over. Regeneration is likely more useful in fighting other players, but for grinding or even just leveling, I much, much prefer Aid now.
@Kiena I usually use Regeneration when i'm fighting the weakest link of a tough fight, it gives me a chance to get my Healer's breath up to full and topping up my team before moving onto the next round, having a fully healed and ready to roll team can be a lifesaver when your opponents just don't want to be hit.
@Kiena I usually use Regeneration when i'm fighting the weakest link of a tough fight, it gives me a chance to get my Healer's breath up to full and topping up my team before moving onto the next round, having a fully healed and ready to roll team can be a lifesaver when your opponents just don't want to be hit.
@Kiena

I just wanted to say thank you so much for the fantastic Coliseum Grinding Guide you wrote. It has helped me immensely since I started on FR and now the goals I have don't seem as distant as they first did.

In addition to being able to make treasure so much easier, it's also a lot of fun, and I even managed to get a couple familiars I wanted for my dragons! It really has added a lot of enjoyment to this game for me.

Thank you!
@Kiena

I just wanted to say thank you so much for the fantastic Coliseum Grinding Guide you wrote. It has helped me immensely since I started on FR and now the goals I have don't seem as distant as they first did.

In addition to being able to make treasure so much easier, it's also a lot of fun, and I even managed to get a couple familiars I wanted for my dragons! It really has added a lot of enjoyment to this game for me.

Thank you!
@ehresko - Oh, that is so wonderful to hear! I am so glad it helped you! :D And hearing it made the game better for you makes me literally blush. Thanks for letting me know!
@ehresko - Oh, that is so wonderful to hear! I am so glad it helped you! :D And hearing it made the game better for you makes me literally blush. Thanks for letting me know!
1 2 ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... 120 121