Back

Guides

Community created guides, helpful strategies, and more.
TOPIC | Coliseum Grinding/Exalting Guide
1 2 ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... 120 121
@Kiena - This little guy called to meeeeeeeeee. [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=481438] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/4815/481438_350.png[/img] [/url] Not only is he the rare Earth Skydancer I was looking for, he's earthy/nature themed, AND he'd make more guaranteed nature-themed hatchlings with a First Gen that I've got. Now I'm off to find that perfect Plague Skydancer. Watch me break my bank over an Obsidian/reddish wing one, lol. I wish I could fit Congeal into my plans, that move is great!
@Kiena -

This little guy called to meeeeeeeeee.

481438_350.png

Not only is he the rare Earth Skydancer I was looking for, he's earthy/nature themed, AND he'd make more guaranteed nature-themed hatchlings with a First Gen that I've got.

Now I'm off to find that perfect Plague Skydancer. Watch me break my bank over an Obsidian/reddish wing one, lol.

I wish I could fit Congeal into my plans, that move is great!
Bonsai pixels (tofu and tea motif) by miirshroom
@Sylvandyr Oh, he is so adorable! His eyes match his body, that is so awesome. May he win you many fights and breed you many gorgeous babies. :D Good luck finding the perfect Plague dragon - obsidian + red or white + red both look gorgeous, imo. ;)
@Sylvandyr Oh, he is so adorable! His eyes match his body, that is so awesome. May he win you many fights and breed you many gorgeous babies. :D Good luck finding the perfect Plague dragon - obsidian + red or white + red both look gorgeous, imo. ;)
@Sylvandyr
Wow he is perfect! :)
@Sylvandyr
Wow he is perfect! :)
FRFlightPrideBannerWind_zps362d3fa9.png
I'm back, but life is being complicated. It probably will take awhile for me to reply, because I log on irratically.
@Kiena - One of my baby Skydancers grew up today and she has Meditate/Contuse.

@Salmastryon - Yep, super happy with him. I think he might be the first one I give double Discipline to. It used to be so insanely expensive, but I found some the other day for 1k each... bought them all lol.
@Kiena - One of my baby Skydancers grew up today and she has Meditate/Contuse.

@Salmastryon - Yep, super happy with him. I think he might be the first one I give double Discipline to. It used to be so insanely expensive, but I found some the other day for 1k each... bought them all lol.
@Sylvandyr Thanks! Updating the first page now. I'm kinda relieved they got the magical skills, haha.
@Sylvandyr Thanks! Updating the first page now. I'm kinda relieved they got the magical skills, haha.
@Kiena - Yeaaaaah... I am such a cheapskate that I dislike replacing starter skills if I can help it. But that natural-born Snapper? Yup YOU MUST LEARN SCRATCH I DON'T CARE.

I hate Anticipate. ;-;
@Kiena - Yeaaaaah... I am such a cheapskate that I dislike replacing starter skills if I can help it. But that natural-born Snapper? Yup YOU MUST LEARN SCRATCH I DON'T CARE.

I hate Anticipate. ;-;
@Sylvandyr Oh man, me too. I tried it, and wanted to like it. And maybe if Guard worked 100% of the time, it might be worth it. But as it is now... it's so random. And slow.
@Sylvandyr Oh man, me too. I tried it, and wanted to like it. And maybe if Guard worked 100% of the time, it might be worth it. But as it is now... it's so random. And slow.
@Kiena - Yeah I dislike a few things about it:

1) Randomness, as you mentioned. Increases proc rate with Defense, but still not particularly reliable.

2) Because Guard expires on the protected dragon's turn, this forces tanks to get the "correct" level of Quickness - fast enough to refresh before the protected dragon is next hit, but not too fast because every stat point on a tank counts. The decent QCK is also good in case you need to react to something and change who Guard is placed on.

3) Anticipate's breath generating mechanic encourages the use of Eliminate on the tank (I find Clobber not useful enough). If you want to deal any kind of damage, you have to give your tank Strength on top of the other stats that he already needs. ._.

4) Waste of turns. Sometimes you get to go twice before an enemy, or you know a caster's gonna Meditate or something... Well if you only have Anticipate, TOO BAD. I put Bolster on him because DEF increases his chance to proc Guard, and he can use it to buff the unprotected dragon as well, but sometimes I just want a darn old fashioned Scratch. And you can't have Scratch and Anticipate at the same time, it's not allowed. -_- I wish we could choose to put breath-generating stones in the Abilities slots if we wanted to, it would make me like my tank so much more.

There are just so many quirks about tank builds that prevent me from liking them. A few little tweaks and I could actually really enjoy them because they could be pretty dynamic and require good planning as well as adapting to the situation.

It's a pity. But yeah, I got a tank to level 16 and then was like "you know what? screw this" and exalted him.
@Kiena - Yeah I dislike a few things about it:

1) Randomness, as you mentioned. Increases proc rate with Defense, but still not particularly reliable.

2) Because Guard expires on the protected dragon's turn, this forces tanks to get the "correct" level of Quickness - fast enough to refresh before the protected dragon is next hit, but not too fast because every stat point on a tank counts. The decent QCK is also good in case you need to react to something and change who Guard is placed on.

3) Anticipate's breath generating mechanic encourages the use of Eliminate on the tank (I find Clobber not useful enough). If you want to deal any kind of damage, you have to give your tank Strength on top of the other stats that he already needs. ._.

4) Waste of turns. Sometimes you get to go twice before an enemy, or you know a caster's gonna Meditate or something... Well if you only have Anticipate, TOO BAD. I put Bolster on him because DEF increases his chance to proc Guard, and he can use it to buff the unprotected dragon as well, but sometimes I just want a darn old fashioned Scratch. And you can't have Scratch and Anticipate at the same time, it's not allowed. -_- I wish we could choose to put breath-generating stones in the Abilities slots if we wanted to, it would make me like my tank so much more.

There are just so many quirks about tank builds that prevent me from liking them. A few little tweaks and I could actually really enjoy them because they could be pretty dynamic and require good planning as well as adapting to the situation.

It's a pity. But yeah, I got a tank to level 16 and then was like "you know what? screw this" and exalted him.
@Sylvandyr Haha, that was pretty much my reaction. If I did more PVP it'd be different, of course, but for PVE tanks are useless.

Truthfully, I think they need to take a closer look at it. It'd be a fine skill if it did something else too, or if it was an added aspect to guard. But as your main breath-generating skill, it's just not worth it at all!
@Sylvandyr Haha, that was pretty much my reaction. If I did more PVP it'd be different, of course, but for PVE tanks are useless.

Truthfully, I think they need to take a closer look at it. It'd be a fine skill if it did something else too, or if it was an added aspect to guard. But as your main breath-generating skill, it's just not worth it at all!
@kiena

Well I am liking the guide so far.

Now my only problem is hoping they get the bug fixed soon to where I can get in the ability's and stats area of the coliseum. I went from lvl 8 to lvl 10 but I am unable to access the stats area to assign them. :( So sad. It has been a couple days but still can't get in there but at least they know about the bug so hopefully it will be fixed soon. Is anyone else in here having the problem I wander. I know its only certain players. Guess I am one of them. lol..I was off work today and really wanted to level them up...Oh well what do you do.lol

Also I can only gain experience pts if I am in delta. The other levels below it just freeze at the same number. And when I am in delta they just beat me up. lol....Its gonna b rough in there right now....Tosses boxing gloves to dragons.....lol
@kiena

Well I am liking the guide so far.

Now my only problem is hoping they get the bug fixed soon to where I can get in the ability's and stats area of the coliseum. I went from lvl 8 to lvl 10 but I am unable to access the stats area to assign them. :( So sad. It has been a couple days but still can't get in there but at least they know about the bug so hopefully it will be fixed soon. Is anyone else in here having the problem I wander. I know its only certain players. Guess I am one of them. lol..I was off work today and really wanted to level them up...Oh well what do you do.lol

Also I can only gain experience pts if I am in delta. The other levels below it just freeze at the same number. And when I am in delta they just beat me up. lol....Its gonna b rough in there right now....Tosses boxing gloves to dragons.....lol
zjjpmw.jpg
1 2 ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... 120 121