Back

Guides

Community created guides, helpful strategies, and more.
TOPIC | [Guide] Making Treasure!
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 41 42
Here's a guide I put together to help users make treasure more effectively and thus enjoy Flight Rising more. A few little tips and tricks to help you on your way.

Please bear in mind that none of these techniques are going to make you instantly wealthy. It's going to take time and effort.

If you want to make treasure really fast and have access to disposable income, then your best bet is to buy gems and trade them for treasure. Or buy gem items (Like Scatterscrolls, gene scrolls and breed scrolls) and sell them for treasure.

t = Treasure

Saving Up

Everything is going to be for naught if you cannot control your spending urges. Saving is hard (it's like being on a strict diet), especially when saving a rather large sum up. The best advice I have is set yourself one goal at a time and work towards it. The easiest way to do this is using the vault. Located in your hoard tab.

The Vault: Is like an alternate inventory. A place where you can store treasure, gems and all manner of other valables. This is a great tool for saving up. There are many ways to go about banking your treasure and gems, its really up to you how you want to do it. You could bank a percentage of your fairgrounds income, or daily income. Whatever! Go for it!

The vault is also a great place to store items for Swipp so you don't accidentally sell them and all manner of things you'd like to keep; Chests, awakened familiars, festival items, rare items, items you like to collect. Anything you want to stash away for a later time.

Familiars

While the treasure gain from familiars is not that great, it is a little something extra in your pocket daily. The reward for levelling up their friendliness bars is a chest and those you do want. Make sure all your dragons have familiars and you visit them daily for rewards.

Also, Rusted Treasure Chests can be swapped at Swipp's for Gilded Decorative Chests. It is worthwhile saving them.

Breeding

Although this is a pet breeding site, the current market for dragons is not great but it is not impossible to sell dragons either, just challenging.

There are several ways to go about putting a bit of money in your pocket from breeding.

1) People love new breeds and genes: When a new breed/gene is released, if you are able to get your hands on the scrolls straight off and breed some of the first dragons of the new breed/genes. It is likely that they will sell well and for a fair amount of treasure. Over time, as more and more of the new breed/genes become available the prices will start to decline.

2) You can breed to exalt. Picking up cheap dragons off the market and breeding them for exalt babies is easy. Once these babies hatch you can straight up exalt them for a small sum of treasure. While it is not a huge treasure amount (About 2.5k per hatchling), if you do this constantly over time your treasure reserve will build up nicely.

3) You can breed exalt fodder. Like above, except instead of exalting them yourself you can sell them as cheap fodder to other players. Those players that participate in dominance runs will be scouring the market for dragons to exalt weekly. The prices in the Auction house fluctuate frequently, keep an eye on them.

4) Adults sell better and for more than babies. This would mostly concern cheap adults, that would be classed as exalt fodder. This allows players to snap them up, train them and exalt them.

Don't be discouraged by the current market to not breed. There is an exception to any rule and may people will buy certain colour combinations/genes and breeds for decent prices. Breeding and selling dragons is really a game of patience.

The current Auction House/Sale Forum prices should dictate what you should sell your dragons for.

Gathering

When first starting out you have 10 gathering turns per day. These do not stack so you must use them everyday. If you keep your clan well fed and happy (above 80%) for 3 days you will get an additional +5 turns per day. Also if your flight wins dominance for the week you get additional turns for coming first (+3 turns), second (+2 turns) or third (+1 turn).

Gathering can really be done any way you choose. I like to spread my gathering turns as wide as possible. Meaning I devote 5 to food, 5 to Digging and 5 to Scavenging. Scavenging for food gives me more variety of goodies for Crim and a bit of food for my dragons if I need. Additionally, you can farm food from the coliseum easily as well. I use 5 turns in digging as I want rare items like gold and chests. Lastly, I put 5 turns in scavenging as I may turn up dragon eggs. It's really up to you to choose where to spend your turns.

Also many users are looking for certain items for Swipp's Swap Stand. These items (either the materials needed to make the item or the item itself) usually sell for a fair amount of treasure.

Here is a great reference list of where to gather certain items from: Link

Exalting

There are a few methods for exalting that can turn you a nice profit:

1)Buy hatchlings when they are cheap. Usually below 4k. This method requires you to have a bit of space that you can spare in your lair. When the hatchlings grow up, level them and exalt them.

2)Buying adults off the market and exalting. This method is best suited for users that don't have that much lair space to spare for hatchlings and waiting for them to grow up. Buy adults in the 7k - 8k region. Train and exalt immediately. If you are training to level 7, this will net you a nice profit.

Exalting Treasure Payout Chart: Link

Coliseum

It is quite easy to make a sizeable sum of treasure every hour by farming the coliseum. Starting out is slow going but once your dragons start hitting higher levels you can easily farm the Training Grounds (or higher areas) for items. The key here is to be able to kill your opponents quickly to ensure you are getting through as many battles as you can.

It is very repetitive and can be very boring. Something I like to do when I have my dragons set up to farm is watch series as I farm.

For the items. The majority of items you can sell straight from your hoard. Though it is always wise to check the prices on the Auction house as you may be able to sell them for more treasure. Food often sells very well from the coliseum.

Have a look at these guide to help build your dragons for coliseum farming.

Cluex's Levelling Guide: Here

Coliseum Build Guide: Here

Coliseum Food/Profit Guide: Here

Coliseum Farming guide: Here

Trading Post

Pinkerton's Plundered Pile: You get a random free item every day! Most of the time you will get bugs or rocks but sometimes you can get yourself a familiar, dragon egg or some really great battlestones.

Crim's Collection Cart: Remember I advised to spread your gathering turns wide? This is the reason. Every hour Crim asks for 5 random items, which she will pay you 500t each. This gives you the potential to earn 2500t per hour (Some items, like battlestones and familiars she will pay more for). I like to keep 5 of every item for this.

Also if you don't have an item Crim wants it is always worthwhile to check the auction house for it. Most of the time you can get the item for below 500t and still make a profit.

Be advised not to give Crim your dragon eggs, you can get much more for them on the Auction house. Also take care when handing over familiars and Battlestones.

Swipp's Swap Stand: Here is another reason to stash loads of items. Every two hours Swipp asks for a new trade. This trade can be for a familiar, apparel or golden chests. Saving up will take a while but you can sell the exchanged item off for profit or you can sell the gathered items off to users on the auction house for profit as well.

Here is a list to see what trades are currently available: Link

Tomo's Trivia Tablet: This is a very easy way to net 3000t per day (if you get all the trivia right that is) and to learn a few things about the site.

Don't worry if you don't know the answers, here is a guide of all the current questions & answers to help you: Link

Baldwin's Bubbling Brew

Baldwin's Bubbling Brew is basically a crafting system. There will likely be future updates with recipes.

There is no trick to getting the various rarity goos, sludges etc. Basically it doesn't matter what you melt down you will get a random goo/sludge/muck based on its rarity. So there is no point in throwing expensive and rare items into the cauldron. Use the cheapest and easiest to get your hands on. Mostly I use coliseum drops because I have an abundence of them and can easily get more.

For example:

For food goo I use 2 point food items that I can easily gather from the coliseum (Training Grounds, Woodland Path and Scorched Forest Food drops).

For Material Ooze and Trinkets, again you can use items that are easily gathered like Clay or Clay Pots (and many others) but you can also use items you get from the Coliseum. I grind a lot on the Mire, so I tend to get a lot of Mire Materials and Trinkets that I can throw in the pot. You could also grind in low level coliseum areas for trinkets and materials.

For Familiar Muck, the same applies. I use common familiar drops from the coliseum. Do check their prices on the AH first before you melt them down. Some familiars are harder to get than others in the coliseum.

For Apparel Slime, this one is a bit tricker than the rest but I can suggest keeping your common coliseum drops for this purpose and keeping your extra common apparel gained from opening chests as well.

An alchemy guide to help with recipes and where to find materials: Link

Fairgrounds

You can earn up to 75,000t a day from playing Fairground games. At this current stage I find Fairgrounds to be very time consuming and the coliseum to be a much more profitable option of making treasure. Try both and see what you prefer!

Runestones of the Arcanist: Is a memory game. I find this to be the quickest way to reach the cap. I usually just play levels 1 to 8 repeatedly, as I can get through those the quickest.

Jigsaw: This all depends on you. If you're not so great at puzzles, do easy puzzles to finish them quickly. If you are really good at puzzles go medium/hard. I like to do easy as again, it's quickest for me.

Shock Switch: Eliminate the blocks before the reach the top! So there is a little trick to this one, which makes it the quickest way to earn treasure via the fairgrounds. Play on Easy mode. Fill the area with as many blocks as you can without ending your game and then click or switch the blocks (with the keyboard) wildly, starting at the bottom and working your way around. This means more combinations which in turn means more points. Neaten the blocks out and repeat. Do this several times. Once your score hits around 250k you can intentionally lose the game. This should net you around 10k treasure.

This method takes abit of practice but once you get it right, you can earn 10k treasure within 6 - 10 minutes of playing.

Higher or Lower: This does not count towards the treasure cap. Every hour you are allowed 25 guesses, where you have to guess if the face down card is higher or lower than the card you are shown. Normally my tactic is this 1 - 6 guess higher and 7 - 12 guess lower. You get 50t per right guess, that is the potential to earn 1250t each hour.

Tidal Trouble: A bubble game! You get 240 - 560 treasure per completed puzzle (depending on the puzzle difficulty). The best would be to do as many puzzles as possible.

Artifracture: Still in beta so things might change in the near future. Very simple, match three or more game. Switch the relics around to do so. At the top of the board you have three different relics that you have to collect a certain number or in order to pass the round. You net around 500t per 5000 points in this game. It's a steady treasure grind. Be warned that there is no pause button.

Festive Favours

In the last week of every month (except December) there is a elemental themed holiday. During this holiday, depending on the element, you can gather special currency from gathering or via the coliseum from the correct element enemies or non-element enemies.

For example: If it were the Lightning Holiday (Thundercrack Carnivale) you should be spending all your gathering turns in the Lightning areas to get the special currency (Charged Sprocket). You can also get the currency from the coliseum, as it will drop off Lightning elemental mobs or non-elemental mobs.

With this currency you can pop over to the Festive Favours shop (In your shop menu on the left) and buy special limited edition items. If you're not interested in the items, you can either buy them, leave them to collect dust in your hoard and sell them a few months later to users who were not able to get the items. If you are not interested in the items you can sell the special currency to other users on the auction house (It is preferable to sell the currency before the festival is over) or sell the currency via the Items for Sale forum.

The 2013 - 2014 (The Sprites) Familiars and special apparel have been retired. Never to come back again. The 2014 - 2015 (Elemental Bear) Familiars have been dubbed as 'cycled out'. Which means the will return again. The apparel items, as far as I know, are retired (except the emblem). These are great investments to buy during the festival and save for a later date as they continually increase in value.

Also there are special chests for the holiday that drop in the coliseum from the element enemies (who's element is the same as the festival) and from non-element enemies. These chests contain special winning skins, that were made for the skin contest. Even if you don't like skins these are great to sell on the auction house for a bit of treasure (The Skins are retired items, meaning they do gain value). These chests can also be gained from Digging in the right elemental zone.

Note, the special holiday currency will still be valid for the next festival of the following year. Example: Charged Sprockets (From the Lightning festival) will be valid for the 2014 Lightning festival again and the years that follow. So you can leave your extra currency in your hoard to collect dust until the festival swings round again.

Here is a great guide of where monsters of specific elements appear in the coliseum for those who want to farm: Link

Auction House

Advantage of having an auction house means you can play the auction house. The method is to buy low and sell high. This requires you to know your prices and most often you have to be quite lucky to catch the low priced items.

If you have the patience you can use the auction house to sell off all your extras from gathering and the coliseum. I find that items that fall in the Food, materials and other categories sell well.

Selling items in bulk for Swipp trades is a great way to make money and selling items for Crim is another way to make a bit of profit.

Undercutting Guide: Link

Gems

Gems are the premium currency on the site, bought with real money. You can also earn 1 gem daily by keeping your clan above 80% energy and earning the well fed bonus.

As said before, if you have access to disposable income you can purchase gems and sell them for treasure via the Items for Sale Forum.

You can also accumulate gems on your own (if you do not have access to income or don't want to spend real money on the game). You can sell a multitude of things for gems on the auction house, including dragons. You can also earn them from opening chests.

Extra

Just in case I forgot anything, here is a handy list of all the helpful guides found around the site.

Link
Here's a guide I put together to help users make treasure more effectively and thus enjoy Flight Rising more. A few little tips and tricks to help you on your way.

Please bear in mind that none of these techniques are going to make you instantly wealthy. It's going to take time and effort.

If you want to make treasure really fast and have access to disposable income, then your best bet is to buy gems and trade them for treasure. Or buy gem items (Like Scatterscrolls, gene scrolls and breed scrolls) and sell them for treasure.

t = Treasure

Saving Up

Everything is going to be for naught if you cannot control your spending urges. Saving is hard (it's like being on a strict diet), especially when saving a rather large sum up. The best advice I have is set yourself one goal at a time and work towards it. The easiest way to do this is using the vault. Located in your hoard tab.

The Vault: Is like an alternate inventory. A place where you can store treasure, gems and all manner of other valables. This is a great tool for saving up. There are many ways to go about banking your treasure and gems, its really up to you how you want to do it. You could bank a percentage of your fairgrounds income, or daily income. Whatever! Go for it!

The vault is also a great place to store items for Swipp so you don't accidentally sell them and all manner of things you'd like to keep; Chests, awakened familiars, festival items, rare items, items you like to collect. Anything you want to stash away for a later time.

Familiars

While the treasure gain from familiars is not that great, it is a little something extra in your pocket daily. The reward for levelling up their friendliness bars is a chest and those you do want. Make sure all your dragons have familiars and you visit them daily for rewards.

Also, Rusted Treasure Chests can be swapped at Swipp's for Gilded Decorative Chests. It is worthwhile saving them.

Breeding

Although this is a pet breeding site, the current market for dragons is not great but it is not impossible to sell dragons either, just challenging.

There are several ways to go about putting a bit of money in your pocket from breeding.

1) People love new breeds and genes: When a new breed/gene is released, if you are able to get your hands on the scrolls straight off and breed some of the first dragons of the new breed/genes. It is likely that they will sell well and for a fair amount of treasure. Over time, as more and more of the new breed/genes become available the prices will start to decline.

2) You can breed to exalt. Picking up cheap dragons off the market and breeding them for exalt babies is easy. Once these babies hatch you can straight up exalt them for a small sum of treasure. While it is not a huge treasure amount (About 2.5k per hatchling), if you do this constantly over time your treasure reserve will build up nicely.

3) You can breed exalt fodder. Like above, except instead of exalting them yourself you can sell them as cheap fodder to other players. Those players that participate in dominance runs will be scouring the market for dragons to exalt weekly. The prices in the Auction house fluctuate frequently, keep an eye on them.

4) Adults sell better and for more than babies. This would mostly concern cheap adults, that would be classed as exalt fodder. This allows players to snap them up, train them and exalt them.

Don't be discouraged by the current market to not breed. There is an exception to any rule and may people will buy certain colour combinations/genes and breeds for decent prices. Breeding and selling dragons is really a game of patience.

The current Auction House/Sale Forum prices should dictate what you should sell your dragons for.

Gathering

When first starting out you have 10 gathering turns per day. These do not stack so you must use them everyday. If you keep your clan well fed and happy (above 80%) for 3 days you will get an additional +5 turns per day. Also if your flight wins dominance for the week you get additional turns for coming first (+3 turns), second (+2 turns) or third (+1 turn).

Gathering can really be done any way you choose. I like to spread my gathering turns as wide as possible. Meaning I devote 5 to food, 5 to Digging and 5 to Scavenging. Scavenging for food gives me more variety of goodies for Crim and a bit of food for my dragons if I need. Additionally, you can farm food from the coliseum easily as well. I use 5 turns in digging as I want rare items like gold and chests. Lastly, I put 5 turns in scavenging as I may turn up dragon eggs. It's really up to you to choose where to spend your turns.

Also many users are looking for certain items for Swipp's Swap Stand. These items (either the materials needed to make the item or the item itself) usually sell for a fair amount of treasure.

Here is a great reference list of where to gather certain items from: Link

Exalting

There are a few methods for exalting that can turn you a nice profit:

1)Buy hatchlings when they are cheap. Usually below 4k. This method requires you to have a bit of space that you can spare in your lair. When the hatchlings grow up, level them and exalt them.

2)Buying adults off the market and exalting. This method is best suited for users that don't have that much lair space to spare for hatchlings and waiting for them to grow up. Buy adults in the 7k - 8k region. Train and exalt immediately. If you are training to level 7, this will net you a nice profit.

Exalting Treasure Payout Chart: Link

Coliseum

It is quite easy to make a sizeable sum of treasure every hour by farming the coliseum. Starting out is slow going but once your dragons start hitting higher levels you can easily farm the Training Grounds (or higher areas) for items. The key here is to be able to kill your opponents quickly to ensure you are getting through as many battles as you can.

It is very repetitive and can be very boring. Something I like to do when I have my dragons set up to farm is watch series as I farm.

For the items. The majority of items you can sell straight from your hoard. Though it is always wise to check the prices on the Auction house as you may be able to sell them for more treasure. Food often sells very well from the coliseum.

Have a look at these guide to help build your dragons for coliseum farming.

Cluex's Levelling Guide: Here

Coliseum Build Guide: Here

Coliseum Food/Profit Guide: Here

Coliseum Farming guide: Here

Trading Post

Pinkerton's Plundered Pile: You get a random free item every day! Most of the time you will get bugs or rocks but sometimes you can get yourself a familiar, dragon egg or some really great battlestones.

Crim's Collection Cart: Remember I advised to spread your gathering turns wide? This is the reason. Every hour Crim asks for 5 random items, which she will pay you 500t each. This gives you the potential to earn 2500t per hour (Some items, like battlestones and familiars she will pay more for). I like to keep 5 of every item for this.

Also if you don't have an item Crim wants it is always worthwhile to check the auction house for it. Most of the time you can get the item for below 500t and still make a profit.

Be advised not to give Crim your dragon eggs, you can get much more for them on the Auction house. Also take care when handing over familiars and Battlestones.

Swipp's Swap Stand: Here is another reason to stash loads of items. Every two hours Swipp asks for a new trade. This trade can be for a familiar, apparel or golden chests. Saving up will take a while but you can sell the exchanged item off for profit or you can sell the gathered items off to users on the auction house for profit as well.

Here is a list to see what trades are currently available: Link

Tomo's Trivia Tablet: This is a very easy way to net 3000t per day (if you get all the trivia right that is) and to learn a few things about the site.

Don't worry if you don't know the answers, here is a guide of all the current questions & answers to help you: Link

Baldwin's Bubbling Brew

Baldwin's Bubbling Brew is basically a crafting system. There will likely be future updates with recipes.

There is no trick to getting the various rarity goos, sludges etc. Basically it doesn't matter what you melt down you will get a random goo/sludge/muck based on its rarity. So there is no point in throwing expensive and rare items into the cauldron. Use the cheapest and easiest to get your hands on. Mostly I use coliseum drops because I have an abundence of them and can easily get more.

For example:

For food goo I use 2 point food items that I can easily gather from the coliseum (Training Grounds, Woodland Path and Scorched Forest Food drops).

For Material Ooze and Trinkets, again you can use items that are easily gathered like Clay or Clay Pots (and many others) but you can also use items you get from the Coliseum. I grind a lot on the Mire, so I tend to get a lot of Mire Materials and Trinkets that I can throw in the pot. You could also grind in low level coliseum areas for trinkets and materials.

For Familiar Muck, the same applies. I use common familiar drops from the coliseum. Do check their prices on the AH first before you melt them down. Some familiars are harder to get than others in the coliseum.

For Apparel Slime, this one is a bit tricker than the rest but I can suggest keeping your common coliseum drops for this purpose and keeping your extra common apparel gained from opening chests as well.

An alchemy guide to help with recipes and where to find materials: Link

Fairgrounds

You can earn up to 75,000t a day from playing Fairground games. At this current stage I find Fairgrounds to be very time consuming and the coliseum to be a much more profitable option of making treasure. Try both and see what you prefer!

Runestones of the Arcanist: Is a memory game. I find this to be the quickest way to reach the cap. I usually just play levels 1 to 8 repeatedly, as I can get through those the quickest.

Jigsaw: This all depends on you. If you're not so great at puzzles, do easy puzzles to finish them quickly. If you are really good at puzzles go medium/hard. I like to do easy as again, it's quickest for me.

Shock Switch: Eliminate the blocks before the reach the top! So there is a little trick to this one, which makes it the quickest way to earn treasure via the fairgrounds. Play on Easy mode. Fill the area with as many blocks as you can without ending your game and then click or switch the blocks (with the keyboard) wildly, starting at the bottom and working your way around. This means more combinations which in turn means more points. Neaten the blocks out and repeat. Do this several times. Once your score hits around 250k you can intentionally lose the game. This should net you around 10k treasure.

This method takes abit of practice but once you get it right, you can earn 10k treasure within 6 - 10 minutes of playing.

Higher or Lower: This does not count towards the treasure cap. Every hour you are allowed 25 guesses, where you have to guess if the face down card is higher or lower than the card you are shown. Normally my tactic is this 1 - 6 guess higher and 7 - 12 guess lower. You get 50t per right guess, that is the potential to earn 1250t each hour.

Tidal Trouble: A bubble game! You get 240 - 560 treasure per completed puzzle (depending on the puzzle difficulty). The best would be to do as many puzzles as possible.

Artifracture: Still in beta so things might change in the near future. Very simple, match three or more game. Switch the relics around to do so. At the top of the board you have three different relics that you have to collect a certain number or in order to pass the round. You net around 500t per 5000 points in this game. It's a steady treasure grind. Be warned that there is no pause button.

Festive Favours

In the last week of every month (except December) there is a elemental themed holiday. During this holiday, depending on the element, you can gather special currency from gathering or via the coliseum from the correct element enemies or non-element enemies.

For example: If it were the Lightning Holiday (Thundercrack Carnivale) you should be spending all your gathering turns in the Lightning areas to get the special currency (Charged Sprocket). You can also get the currency from the coliseum, as it will drop off Lightning elemental mobs or non-elemental mobs.

With this currency you can pop over to the Festive Favours shop (In your shop menu on the left) and buy special limited edition items. If you're not interested in the items, you can either buy them, leave them to collect dust in your hoard and sell them a few months later to users who were not able to get the items. If you are not interested in the items you can sell the special currency to other users on the auction house (It is preferable to sell the currency before the festival is over) or sell the currency via the Items for Sale forum.

The 2013 - 2014 (The Sprites) Familiars and special apparel have been retired. Never to come back again. The 2014 - 2015 (Elemental Bear) Familiars have been dubbed as 'cycled out'. Which means the will return again. The apparel items, as far as I know, are retired (except the emblem). These are great investments to buy during the festival and save for a later date as they continually increase in value.

Also there are special chests for the holiday that drop in the coliseum from the element enemies (who's element is the same as the festival) and from non-element enemies. These chests contain special winning skins, that were made for the skin contest. Even if you don't like skins these are great to sell on the auction house for a bit of treasure (The Skins are retired items, meaning they do gain value). These chests can also be gained from Digging in the right elemental zone.

Note, the special holiday currency will still be valid for the next festival of the following year. Example: Charged Sprockets (From the Lightning festival) will be valid for the 2014 Lightning festival again and the years that follow. So you can leave your extra currency in your hoard to collect dust until the festival swings round again.

Here is a great guide of where monsters of specific elements appear in the coliseum for those who want to farm: Link

Auction House

Advantage of having an auction house means you can play the auction house. The method is to buy low and sell high. This requires you to know your prices and most often you have to be quite lucky to catch the low priced items.

If you have the patience you can use the auction house to sell off all your extras from gathering and the coliseum. I find that items that fall in the Food, materials and other categories sell well.

Selling items in bulk for Swipp trades is a great way to make money and selling items for Crim is another way to make a bit of profit.

Undercutting Guide: Link

Gems

Gems are the premium currency on the site, bought with real money. You can also earn 1 gem daily by keeping your clan above 80% energy and earning the well fed bonus.

As said before, if you have access to disposable income you can purchase gems and sell them for treasure via the Items for Sale Forum.

You can also accumulate gems on your own (if you do not have access to income or don't want to spend real money on the game). You can sell a multitude of things for gems on the auction house, including dragons. You can also earn them from opening chests.

Extra

Just in case I forgot anything, here is a handy list of all the helpful guides found around the site.

Link
This is all excellent advice =)

One point to add about getting treasure, no matter how much you earn it will do you no good unless you are capable of SAVING for those expensive breed change/gene scrolls!

If you are having a tough time saving your treasure for long enough to get what you want, ban yourself from the auction house/market place until you have saved up and bought the thing you really want. Seriously, just don't go in there until you've got the thing you really want/need. All the items and clothes are nice, but if you keep buying them all the time you won't ever get to save up for the expensive things =)

(I had a SERIOUS dragon buying problem when I first joined, ah well all of them were worth it! BUT buying those guys constantly made me feel like I'd NEVER get enough for a breed/gene scroll. So I adjusted my thinking and acutally its not so bad =D)
This is all excellent advice =)

One point to add about getting treasure, no matter how much you earn it will do you no good unless you are capable of SAVING for those expensive breed change/gene scrolls!

If you are having a tough time saving your treasure for long enough to get what you want, ban yourself from the auction house/market place until you have saved up and bought the thing you really want. Seriously, just don't go in there until you've got the thing you really want/need. All the items and clothes are nice, but if you keep buying them all the time you won't ever get to save up for the expensive things =)

(I had a SERIOUS dragon buying problem when I first joined, ah well all of them were worth it! BUT buying those guys constantly made me feel like I'd NEVER get enough for a breed/gene scroll. So I adjusted my thinking and acutally its not so bad =D)
RoFhatchlingbanner1_zps7e29e49b.jpg
Cheers SaF :)

That's pretty true, can grind all you want but if you keep spending it before you make it ... well there's a problem.

The breed scrolls are quite a hefty amount to save up for, specially when there are so many other shiny things around.

I'm quite restrained when it comes to buying things (the reason my dragons are not coated in apparel..although I very much want them to be). It would be a good thing to say, save up for one thing at a time as nothing is going to disappear in a hurry.
Cheers SaF :)

That's pretty true, can grind all you want but if you keep spending it before you make it ... well there's a problem.

The breed scrolls are quite a hefty amount to save up for, specially when there are so many other shiny things around.

I'm quite restrained when it comes to buying things (the reason my dragons are not coated in apparel..although I very much want them to be). It would be a good thing to say, save up for one thing at a time as nothing is going to disappear in a hurry.
Bump, because this is very useful for people starting out.
Bump, because this is very useful for people starting out.
FRFlightPrideBannerWind_zps362d3fa9.png
I'm back, but life is being complicated. It probably will take awhile for me to reply, because I log on irratically.
Giving this a prod again ^^
Giving this a prod again ^^
@Mandalay Thank you :)

I do see you point. That was my tactic as well when I first started. It is completely possible to forgo using any gathering turns on food, use them on scavenging and just grind the food you need from the coliseum.

I suggested the spread of gathering points mostly to have a wide variety of items for Crim. That being said, most of the time you can pick up the items Crim wants off the auction house for a decent price, which still nets you a decent amount of treasure.

So as it stands, people can choose to do what they like because there are alternatives.

I shall edit in your advice :D
@Mandalay Thank you :)

I do see you point. That was my tactic as well when I first started. It is completely possible to forgo using any gathering turns on food, use them on scavenging and just grind the food you need from the coliseum.

I suggested the spread of gathering points mostly to have a wide variety of items for Crim. That being said, most of the time you can pick up the items Crim wants off the auction house for a decent price, which still nets you a decent amount of treasure.

So as it stands, people can choose to do what they like because there are alternatives.

I shall edit in your advice :D
Hoard ALL the things!

It&#039;s a great surprise when you get an egg. I&#039;ve only gotten one so far... which I couldn&#039;t part with for reasons <_< >_> *stuffs it in the hoard*

The items are gorgeous though! I wish I had a display cabinet to stash them all!
Hoard ALL the things!

It&#039;s a great surprise when you get an egg. I&#039;ve only gotten one so far... which I couldn&#039;t part with for reasons <_< >_> *stuffs it in the hoard*

The items are gorgeous though! I wish I had a display cabinet to stash them all!
up you go
up you go
Updated to add in Festival Favours ^^
Updated to add in Festival Favours ^^
@Fayrin
There have been reports from people in help forum thread that they have a chance to drop off light enemies in the Coliseum as well.
@Fayrin
There have been reports from people in help forum thread that they have a chance to drop off light enemies in the Coliseum as well.
FRFlightPrideBannerWind_zps362d3fa9.png
I'm back, but life is being complicated. It probably will take awhile for me to reply, because I log on irratically.
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 41 42