Back

Guides

Community created guides, helpful strategies, and more.
TOPIC | [guide] Coliseum Element Odds
1 2 ... 22 23 24 25 26 ... 50 51
So if I were to build a team for the golem workshop, which 3 elements would work best together? I currently have a light, lightning, and arcane team... but is there something better?
So if I were to build a team for the golem workshop, which 3 elements would work best together? I currently have a light, lightning, and arcane team... but is there something better?
[quote name="AboveClouds" date="2015-03-06 18:12:12"]So if I were to build a team for the golem workshop, which 3 elements would work best together? I currently have a light, lightning, and arcane team... but is there something better?[/quote] @Georgieanna I'm also interested in knowing this- as well as whether or not anyone suggests a mage? ---- I'm also interested in knowing what elements are best in Kelp Beds. I currently have one plague, and I'm not quite sure what else to add. I think the plague is a good place to start though... seeing as it's strong against water (which is very common in the kelp beds) and shadow, which is the abyss striker :0
AboveClouds wrote on 2015-03-06 18:12:12:

@Georgieanna

I'm also interested in knowing this- as well as whether or not anyone suggests a mage?

----

I'm also interested in knowing what elements are best in Kelp Beds. I currently have one plague, and I'm not quite sure what else to add. I think the plague is a good place to start though... seeing as it's strong against water (which is very common in the kelp beds) and shadow, which is the abyss striker :0
holli, she/her
@AboveClouds been bit since you posed your question, perhaps you've found your answer already but hi!
@HolliKyo hi!

Letsee, elemental teams. So there's two main factors to optimize for, the damage your team deals and the damage your team takes.

A scratch/eliminate dragon will have virtually no use for their element offensively. Unless you plan to give them a Slash stone, this dragon can be better served picking his element for defensive purposes.

A healer dragon can negate the need to min/max the elements of your team as much as you can simply survive through more damage. But it can also slow down your farming speed.

A mage/healer dragon would want to be picked for it's elemental offensive properties. As to get the most out of whenever they deal damage. This can be further split into deals more damage to the most common enemy types, or to the least common enemy types [bosses].

-- Okay at this point it gets long and wordy, skip to the summary if you just want my picks for Kelp and Workshop as opposed to how I picked them --

This is how I'd personally pick out dragons for Golem Workshop.

Melee Dragon:
Reading the element chart horizontally to find what an element attack would be weak against to pick dragons that are more resistant to the common type of damage damage.

Another factor is that not all the creatures are casters or use elemental attacks. Many of them are straight out punchers. For example while there is a high densite of Nature and Fire, the creatures of those elementals deal mainly in melee attacks. So the main concern is the elemental magic from Lighting, Wind, Light, and bosses.

Major Elements:
Lightning Arcane take less from Lightning.
Wind Water take less from Wind.
Lightning Light take less from Light.

Now while Lightning might look like the obvious choice due to being resistant to two types of common elemental damage, look at the boss elements too.

Boss Elements:
Earth Wind take less from Earth.
Lightning Arcane Fire takes more from Earth.

Ice Shadow take less from Ice.
Plague Water Nature takes more from Ice.

Now while the bosses in Kelp Beds deal elemental damage, the bosses in the Workshop deal physical and elemental damage, which can make the lightning dragons a big liability. At this point there are two choices:

If you farm with the intent reloading when you run into a boss, roll Lightning dragons. If you want to kill bosses you'll be better off with Wind dragons as they take less from Wind and Earth.

Mage/Healer dragon:
In Golem Workshop you are most likely to encounter Lightning mobs, followed by Wind, Light, Nature, Fire. However the least elements are the bosses who are Earth and Ice.

So reading the element chart, picking the element on the top and reading vertically to see what is strong against them:

Major Elements:
Earth Wind Arcane deal more damage to Lightning.
Water Shadow Light deal more damage to Wind.
Lightning Arcane Nature deal more damage to Light.
Plague Ice Fire deal more damage to Nature.
Earth Water Shadow deal more to Fire.

2Earth 1Plague 1Wind 2Water 1Lightning 1Ice 2Shadow 1Light 2Arcane 1Nature 1Fire

Culling down anything with less than two we have:
Earth Water Shadow Arcane
These four elements I would consider when picking a mage dragon as they are the most common. I would further consider the boss type strengths and weaknesses.

Boss Elements:
Wind Water Nature deal more to Earth.
Earth takes less from Earth and Fire.

Lightning Shadow Fire deal more to Ice.
Ice takes less from Water and Ice.

Combining these with the list of four elements I'd picked earlier, I would remove Earth and Water as they would be of far less use against the bosses in the Workshop

And between Shadow and Arcane with Shadow's bonus against Ice,
I would take Shadow as a mage/healer dragon for Golem Workshop.

-- Summary --
So while Mage/Healer dragons may be optional I still picked out what I thought would be optimal choices for them. The Melee are picked on what would resist magic in the zone most readily, while the Mages are picked based on their elemental damage bonus chances.

Golem Workshop:
Melee: Lightning if you refresh when a boss appears, or Wind if you kill bosses.
Mage/Healer: Shadow

Kelp Beds:
Melee: Plague
Mage/Healer: Plague

One day I will get myself to use fancy elementally charged teams..when I get less lazy and finish leveling my various elemental dragons.. maybe one day >_>;
@AboveClouds been bit since you posed your question, perhaps you've found your answer already but hi!
@HolliKyo hi!

Letsee, elemental teams. So there's two main factors to optimize for, the damage your team deals and the damage your team takes.

A scratch/eliminate dragon will have virtually no use for their element offensively. Unless you plan to give them a Slash stone, this dragon can be better served picking his element for defensive purposes.

A healer dragon can negate the need to min/max the elements of your team as much as you can simply survive through more damage. But it can also slow down your farming speed.

A mage/healer dragon would want to be picked for it's elemental offensive properties. As to get the most out of whenever they deal damage. This can be further split into deals more damage to the most common enemy types, or to the least common enemy types [bosses].

-- Okay at this point it gets long and wordy, skip to the summary if you just want my picks for Kelp and Workshop as opposed to how I picked them --

This is how I'd personally pick out dragons for Golem Workshop.

Melee Dragon:
Reading the element chart horizontally to find what an element attack would be weak against to pick dragons that are more resistant to the common type of damage damage.

Another factor is that not all the creatures are casters or use elemental attacks. Many of them are straight out punchers. For example while there is a high densite of Nature and Fire, the creatures of those elementals deal mainly in melee attacks. So the main concern is the elemental magic from Lighting, Wind, Light, and bosses.

Major Elements:
Lightning Arcane take less from Lightning.
Wind Water take less from Wind.
Lightning Light take less from Light.

Now while Lightning might look like the obvious choice due to being resistant to two types of common elemental damage, look at the boss elements too.

Boss Elements:
Earth Wind take less from Earth.
Lightning Arcane Fire takes more from Earth.

Ice Shadow take less from Ice.
Plague Water Nature takes more from Ice.

Now while the bosses in Kelp Beds deal elemental damage, the bosses in the Workshop deal physical and elemental damage, which can make the lightning dragons a big liability. At this point there are two choices:

If you farm with the intent reloading when you run into a boss, roll Lightning dragons. If you want to kill bosses you'll be better off with Wind dragons as they take less from Wind and Earth.

Mage/Healer dragon:
In Golem Workshop you are most likely to encounter Lightning mobs, followed by Wind, Light, Nature, Fire. However the least elements are the bosses who are Earth and Ice.

So reading the element chart, picking the element on the top and reading vertically to see what is strong against them:

Major Elements:
Earth Wind Arcane deal more damage to Lightning.
Water Shadow Light deal more damage to Wind.
Lightning Arcane Nature deal more damage to Light.
Plague Ice Fire deal more damage to Nature.
Earth Water Shadow deal more to Fire.

2Earth 1Plague 1Wind 2Water 1Lightning 1Ice 2Shadow 1Light 2Arcane 1Nature 1Fire

Culling down anything with less than two we have:
Earth Water Shadow Arcane
These four elements I would consider when picking a mage dragon as they are the most common. I would further consider the boss type strengths and weaknesses.

Boss Elements:
Wind Water Nature deal more to Earth.
Earth takes less from Earth and Fire.

Lightning Shadow Fire deal more to Ice.
Ice takes less from Water and Ice.

Combining these with the list of four elements I'd picked earlier, I would remove Earth and Water as they would be of far less use against the bosses in the Workshop

And between Shadow and Arcane with Shadow's bonus against Ice,
I would take Shadow as a mage/healer dragon for Golem Workshop.

-- Summary --
So while Mage/Healer dragons may be optional I still picked out what I thought would be optimal choices for them. The Melee are picked on what would resist magic in the zone most readily, while the Mages are picked based on their elemental damage bonus chances.

Golem Workshop:
Melee: Lightning if you refresh when a boss appears, or Wind if you kill bosses.
Mage/Healer: Shadow

Kelp Beds:
Melee: Plague
Mage/Healer: Plague

One day I will get myself to use fancy elementally charged teams..when I get less lazy and finish leveling my various elemental dragons.. maybe one day >_>;
Windsinger, the green and teal deity of the Wind flight, his head and hands pop in from the left while the tip of his tail is on the right.
@Georgieanna Thank you so much!!

For Golem Workshop, would it be a good idea to have lightning + wind for melee, or would it be better to remain with just one element for those.

Kelp Beds:
I was looking at this sheet.
I think Plague and Ice would do well in the Kelp Beds... Should I just have plague, plague, ice? I kind of like having the idea of a multi-element team... having all plague just seems too risky.

I really like to fight with the bosses, though. The exp is niiice [ in kelp beds, since i train fodder ].
@Georgieanna Thank you so much!!

For Golem Workshop, would it be a good idea to have lightning + wind for melee, or would it be better to remain with just one element for those.

Kelp Beds:
I was looking at this sheet.
I think Plague and Ice would do well in the Kelp Beds... Should I just have plague, plague, ice? I kind of like having the idea of a multi-element team... having all plague just seems too risky.

I really like to fight with the bosses, though. The exp is niiice [ in kelp beds, since i train fodder ].
holli, she/her
@HolliKyo
Yeah I was rushing a bit when I got to kelp beds, Plague does have the downside of being weak to the Mantarune. Ice is a good option does have an edge over lightning which is the other element strong to water.
as for lightning/wind I'd say taking one of each is reasonable if you want to roll multi-element.

Actually in many cases you might even choose the melee solely on their ability to withstand boss attacks as they'd be the ones who get the most hits in at all due to the amount of their health, while many creatures would not have time to charge their attacks except while you build energy.
@HolliKyo
Yeah I was rushing a bit when I got to kelp beds, Plague does have the downside of being weak to the Mantarune. Ice is a good option does have an edge over lightning which is the other element strong to water.
as for lightning/wind I'd say taking one of each is reasonable if you want to roll multi-element.

Actually in many cases you might even choose the melee solely on their ability to withstand boss attacks as they'd be the ones who get the most hits in at all due to the amount of their health, while many creatures would not have time to charge their attacks except while you build energy.
Windsinger, the green and teal deity of the Wind flight, his head and hands pop in from the left while the tip of his tail is on the right.
@georgieanna

Alright. Plague/Ice sounds good to me!

Okay! I wasn't sure if mixing the lightning/wind would be an okay idea. If it'd hinder me, I probably wouldn't be interested.

So for Golem Workshop I'd want to pick dragons with resistance to lightning, wind and light? And you said that the bosses aren't elemental?
@georgieanna

Alright. Plague/Ice sounds good to me!

Okay! I wasn't sure if mixing the lightning/wind would be an okay idea. If it'd hinder me, I probably wouldn't be interested.

So for Golem Workshop I'd want to pick dragons with resistance to lightning, wind and light? And you said that the bosses aren't elemental?
holli, she/her
@HolliKyo
The Delver and Borer use Scratch to build up their energy bar, but if they build enough energy they use elemental attacks. In Kelp Beds the bosses use meditate and will be charged much faster for their elemental attacks.

And Lightning/Wind/Light are the three most common elemental magics in Workshop, Arcane is the 4th most common.
@HolliKyo
The Delver and Borer use Scratch to build up their energy bar, but if they build enough energy they use elemental attacks. In Kelp Beds the bosses use meditate and will be charged much faster for their elemental attacks.

And Lightning/Wind/Light are the three most common elemental magics in Workshop, Arcane is the 4th most common.
Bumping for the festival.
Bumping for the festival.
cRvvrH3.png
Volunteer Moderator: If you have any questions, concerns, or feedback regarding moderation please feel free to use the Contact Us form. These submissions are viewed solely by the Admin and staff.
@DragonLovell - self ping
@DragonLovell - self ping
Oh gosh I'd been looking for this.
Festival bump!
Oh gosh I'd been looking for this.
Festival bump!
Kai - Al (There's only 1 L!)
[Call me Kai!] [30s,They/Them]
PLEASE do not ask about
my avatar on an
unrelated thread topic!
f18d31cc350d038f8fdc1052107773b5e5669843.png
- Accent Shop!
- Hatchathon: Egg a Day 2024!
- In Shadow of the Gods: A Nuzlocke (Complete!)
- G1s with Art!
- Wishlist/Icon Dragon
1 2 ... 22 23 24 25 26 ... 50 51