Back

Guides

Community created guides, helpful strategies, and more.
TOPIC | [outdated] Familiar Color Spreadsheet
1 2 3
[size=5]march 2021: this sheet is not up to date! if you would like to keep this updated, ping me with the details and i can pass ownership/upkeep over to you :)[/size] [rule] [center][img]https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/604109151366414340/629517447132872714/unknown.png[/img] [rule][/center] [center][size=5][b][url=https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1KZS9U2BP3nrRy8SLnxiOjsPkUPGkQVog_ClnlchaNRg/edit?usp=sharing]Version 1.0 is available HERE![/url][/b][/size] To get started, choose "Make a copy" from the file menu.[/center] [rule] Hi all! I, like many others, love to coordinate my familiars with my dragons to make great matches for aesthetic or lore - So I've created a [b]new spreadsheet and resource[/b] to make this super easy! Using this spreadsheet, you will be able to... - See all of the familiars at once in a nice, tidy list! - Filter for a specific color range, elemental flight, price, and more! - Preview dragon-familiar combos using [i]~ spreadsheet magic ~[/i] - Make a quick and easy wishlist that's ready to be pasted directly into a forum post or dragon bio! [br] [size=5]Be sure to post in this thread if you find any [b]issues[/b], have [b]feature/QoL improvement suggestions[/b], or want to be [b]pinged for updates![/b][/size] [br] [center][img]https://i.imgur.com/jc2hpcB.png[/img] [img]https://i.imgur.com/CMMkf62.png[/img] [img]https://i.imgur.com/R8CgDsa.png[/img][/center] [rule] [center] [b]HUGE shoutout to these users for helping make this a reality![/b] fennekin, enchantedArietta, and everyone who submitted data to help me out! [br] [b]Pinglist for updates: [/b] SwiftIsHere, KrazKitCat, Catsrevenge, StarN1ght, Caroo [/center]
march 2021: this sheet is not up to date! if you would like to keep this updated, ping me with the details and i can pass ownership/upkeep over to you :)
unknown.png
Version 1.0 is available HERE!
To get started, choose "Make a copy" from the file menu.

Hi all! I, like many others, love to coordinate my familiars with my dragons to make great matches for aesthetic or lore - So I've created a new spreadsheet and resource to make this super easy!

Using this spreadsheet, you will be able to...
- See all of the familiars at once in a nice, tidy list!
- Filter for a specific color range, elemental flight, price, and more!
- Preview dragon-familiar combos using ~ spreadsheet magic ~
- Make a quick and easy wishlist that's ready to be pasted directly into a forum post or dragon bio!

Be sure to post in this thread if you find any issues, have feature/QoL improvement suggestions, or want to be pinged for updates!

jc2hpcB.png

CMMkf62.png

R8CgDsa.png

HUGE shoutout to these users for helping make this a reality!
fennekin, enchantedArietta, and everyone who submitted data to help me out!

Pinglist for updates:
SwiftIsHere, KrazKitCat, Catsrevenge, StarN1ght, Caroo
· .____.
___º . * ·___
_¨. º ˜ ¤
`
. † ·¸ • lee ¤ 24 • ¸· †.
. º ˜× he/him · FRT+3 ט º .

artwork by joydom

3blAkWV.png .
.___
_. †__¨ ¸
¤ º · ˜*
º
reserved
reserved
· .____.
___º . * ·___
_¨. º ˜ ¤
`

artwork by joydom

3blAkWV.png .
.___
_. †__¨ ¸
¤ º · ˜*
º
reserved
reserved
· .____.
___º . * ·___
_¨. º ˜ ¤
`

artwork by joydom

3blAkWV.png .
.___
_. †__¨ ¸
¤ º · ˜*
º
reserved
reserved
· .____.
___º . * ·___
_¨. º ˜ ¤
`

artwork by joydom

3blAkWV.png .
.___
_. †__¨ ¸
¤ º · ˜*
º
[b]Version 0.1[/b] - Familiar Preview [img]https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/577205000145731584/614095137592705054/unknown.png[/img] Coded my crude mockup from earlier into reality! Also added flavor text output because ~ Lore ~ amiright ladies What this will do is generate a dragon's image next to a familiar's artwork based on the name you input in that little labeled box. To do list for next update: - Change the colors here. The blank white is a big yeowch. Maybe make it look like your dragon page would, with the light beige background on the familiar...? - Maybe turn the familiar name into a dropdown? It'll at least tell you when you make a typo I guess lol - Create some kind of "want list" feature on the main index that will spit out a list of familiar names for you to punch in on the preview page. Would certainly save time clicking between tabs, I think?
Version 0.1 - Familiar Preview

unknown.png

Coded my crude mockup from earlier into reality! Also added flavor text output because ~ Lore ~ amiright ladies

What this will do is generate a dragon's image next to a familiar's artwork based on the name you input in that little labeled box.

To do list for next update:
- Change the colors here. The blank white is a big yeowch. Maybe make it look like your dragon page would, with the light beige background on the familiar...?
- Maybe turn the familiar name into a dropdown? It'll at least tell you when you make a typo I guess lol
- Create some kind of "want list" feature on the main index that will spit out a list of familiar names for you to punch in on the preview page. Would certainly save time clicking between tabs, I think?
· .____.
___º . * ·___
_¨. º ˜ ¤
`

artwork by joydom

3blAkWV.png .
.___
_. †__¨ ¸
¤ º · ˜*
º
[b]Version 0.2[/b] - Familiar Preview, Streamlined Did just about everything I wanted to from previous update! This will make it easy to scroll through the entire list and make notes of which ones interest you, which will appear in the dropdown on the preview page for you to look through one by one, seeing how they match up with your dragon. [size=5]Step 1: Select all the ones you like[br] [img]https://i.imgur.com/K7YdQtH.png[/img] [br][br][br]Step 2: Admire your dragon next to their new best friend![br] [img]https://i.imgur.com/gtA30w4.png[/img][br] [img]https://i.imgur.com/MMaRUuQ.png[/img] [/size] [br] Still not sure this'll be the final look for the preview page, but it's a start. [b]HUGE shoutout to @/fennekin for inputting all the Bestiary text![/b] I suck at punching in data (obviously), so they're now my hero. :) To do list for next update: - Protect and hide all my secret code sheets so that people can't break them without trying. - See about making some kind of "wishlist" page using the same framework as this preview system. - If that goes at all well, I'll try to get it to generate AH links for quick price checking, and copy+paste ready BBCode of your entire list, so that you can post it on the forums or something...?
Version 0.2 - Familiar Preview, Streamlined

Did just about everything I wanted to from previous update!

This will make it easy to scroll through the entire list and make notes of which ones interest you, which will appear in the dropdown on the preview page for you to look through one by one, seeing how they match up with your dragon.

Step 1: Select all the ones you like

K7YdQtH.png

Step 2: Admire your dragon next to their new best friend!

gtA30w4.png

MMaRUuQ.png

Still not sure this'll be the final look for the preview page, but it's a start.

HUGE shoutout to @/fennekin for inputting all the Bestiary text! I suck at punching in data (obviously), so they're now my hero. :)

- Protect and hide all my secret code sheets so that people can't break them without trying.
- See about making some kind of "wishlist" page using the same framework as this preview system.
- If that goes at all well, I'll try to get it to generate AH links for quick price checking, and copy+paste ready BBCode of your entire list, so that you can post it on the forums or something...?
· .____.
___º . * ·___
_¨. º ˜ ¤
`

artwork by joydom

3blAkWV.png .
.___
_. †__¨ ¸
¤ º · ˜*
º
[b]Version 0.3[/b] - Wishlist [img]https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/604109151366414340/615259354010091610/unknown.png[/img] This "wishlist" page is different from the "browse" page in that it fills in as you enter names in the B column, showing you how to obtain all the familiars you want. It also provides a generated AH search link if you'd like to buy one right away! The names have to be entered manually, but I figured that would be less confusing than two sets of checkboxes on the browse page. I thought a database link might be helpful also, so I included that. To do list for next update: - Add the new FF familiar - Add instructions to each page - Figure out how to do that thing where you get the header row to stick while you scroll - Create the BBcode generator for the wishlist page
Version 0.3 - Wishlist

unknown.png

This "wishlist" page is different from the "browse" page in that it fills in as you enter names in the B column, showing you how to obtain all the familiars you want. It also provides a generated AH search link if you'd like to buy one right away!

The names have to be entered manually, but I figured that would be less confusing than two sets of checkboxes on the browse page.

I thought a database link might be helpful also, so I included that.

- Add the new FF familiar
- Add instructions to each page
- Figure out how to do that thing where you get the header row to stick while you scroll
- Create the BBcode generator for the wishlist page
· .____.
___º . * ·___
_¨. º ˜ ¤
`

artwork by joydom

3blAkWV.png .
.___
_. †__¨ ¸
¤ º · ˜*
º
Could you put me on the pinglist for updates, please? I love this idea!

Also, it might be helpful for people filling out the forms if you had somewhere where people could see what familiars have already been done, just so you don't get repeats.
Could you put me on the pinglist for updates, please? I love this idea!

Also, it might be helpful for people filling out the forms if you had somewhere where people could see what familiars have already been done, just so you don't get repeats.
Esme, a very red and Plague-themed Skydancer. A medallion depicting the Plaguebringer in profile.
This is so cool! Definitely going to be using this once I can :)

Edit: Can I also be added to the update pinglist? Thanks!
This is so cool! Definitely going to be using this once I can :)

Edit: Can I also be added to the update pinglist? Thanks!
Ooh, this is a really cool idea, I'd love to be added to the pinglist! I also second Swift on that it'd be really helpful to have a way to avoid duplicates :D
Ooh, this is a really cool idea, I'd love to be added to the pinglist! I also second Swift on that it'd be really helpful to have a way to avoid duplicates :D
tumblr_nshbpaVO8r1tm17oeo1_75sq.pngtumblr_nshbpaVO8r1tm17oeo2_75sq.png vEi36Sc.png tumblr_nshbpaVO8r1tm17oeo4_75sq.pngtumblr_nshbpaVO8r1tm17oeo3_75sq.png
1 2 3