Back

Guides

Community created guides, helpful strategies, and more.
TOPIC | [TOOL] Another Dragon Pricing Calculator
1 2 3 4 5 6
[center][size=5][b]Another MODERN Dragon Pricing Calculator[/b][/size] Made by @SaltWizard with help from @Stormpuppy and @TheDragonsQueen[/center] ----- This is dragon pricing calculator draws extensively from the prices in [url=http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/gde/2579044/1]Noodless's Pricing Guide[/url] and OreoQuack's [url=http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/gde/2674466]How I Price My Dragons[/url], with some adjustments. It is aimed at average/general dragons- so prices generally begin just above the fodder floor and will cap out before reaching the "collector" price ranges (300+ gems). [b]Please only ping SaltWizard if you need help[/b] - the other creators are credited but have not been asked to maintain this tool. [columns] [color=transparent]_________[/color][b]This Calculator Considers[/b] [color=transparent]_________[/color]- Breed Rarity [color=transparent]_________[/color]- Gene Rarity [color=transparent]_________[/color]- Eye Type [color=transparent]_________[/color]- Age [color=transparent]_________[/color]- Generation [color=transparent]_________[/color]- Color Pattern [color=transparent]_________[/color]- Rare Colors [nextcol] [color=transparent]______________[/color][b]This Calculator Does NOT Consider[/b] [color=transparent]______________[/color]- Special ID numbers [color=transparent]______________[/color]- Special hatch dates [color=transparent]______________[/color]- Matching eyes to colors [color=transparent]______________[/color]- "high" versus "low" within digit ranges [color=transparent]______________[/color]- Specific Colors [color=transparent]______________[/color]- Ancient Breeds [/columns] Genes will be added as they are released, but this calculator does [b]not[/b] add extra value to recently released genes- they will be priced only by rarity, like all the others. [center][b][size=6][url=https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1FPy43IIN97RkUMs9XtoXEsMYqa3g7hRjfp6EIemLInE/edit?usp=sharing]THE CALCULATOR IS HERE - EXTERNAL LINK[/url][/size][/b] [size=2]Current Version 6/22/23[/size][/center] [center][b]D I R E C T I O N S[/b][/center] [b]SAVE YOUR OWN COPY OF THIS TOOL.[/b] Select your dragon's traits via the drop down menu. Treasure Price is calculated in [b][color=orange]YELLOW[/color][/b]. Gem Price is calculated in [b][color=blue]BLUE[/color][/b]. Please do not edit any other fields. [i]If you have a google account, please save a copy of the calculator to your own drive![/i] The current gem to treasure ratio is roughly 1:1100. [center][b]Color Key[/b][/center] [b][color=red]X[/color][color=darkblue]Y[/color][color=green]Z[/color][/b] - Three different colors [b][color=#FF0000]M[/color][color=#F00000]o[/color][color=#E10000]n[/color][color=#D20000]o[/color][color=#C30000]c[/color][color=#B40000]h[/color][color=#A50000]r[/color][color=#960000]o[/color][color=#870000]m[/color][color=#780000]e[/color] [color=#5A0000]X[/color][color=#4B0000]Y[/color][color=#3C0000]Z[/color][/b] - 3 colors in the same range [b][color=#FF0000]A[/color][color=#EC0000]c[/color][color=#D90000]c[/color][color=#C60000]e[/color][color=#B30000]n[/color][color=#A00000]t[/color][color=#8D0000]e[/color][color=#7A0000]d[/color] [color=#540000]X[/color][color=#410000]Y[/color][color=green]Z[/color][/b] - 2 colors in the same range, one is a bold accent [b][color=red]X[/color][color=green]Y[/color][color=red]X[/color][/b] - Double [b][color=red]X[/color][color=red]X[/color][color=green]Y[/color][/b] - Double [b][color=red]X[/color][color=green]Y[/color][color=green]Y[/color][/b] - Double [b][color=red]XYZ[/color][/b] - Triple [center][b]Determining Color Rarity[/b][/center] Click on "Search" (underneath the "Library" section on the left hand sidebar). Go to "Dragon Search" and input your dragon's colors. This calculator assumes you are searching only among dragons currently in the game (Non-Exalted). [b]Common Colors[/b] - 30 or more dragons in the game with those colors [b]Unusual Colors[/b] - Fewer than 30 dragons in the game with those colors [b]Rare Colors[/b] - 10 dragons or fewer in the game with those colors [b]Ultra Rare Colors[/b] - 5 dragons or fewer in the game with those colors [b]Unique Colors[/b] - Only dragon in the game with those colors ----- [center][b][size=4]Scaly's Quick n' Dirty Alternate Method[/size][/b] This method keeps your prices to a [i]much[/i] narrower and more consistent range than the calculator does, but it doesn't really allow for Collectors Prices[/center] [b]Base Price[/b] - 1,000 Treasure per cooldown day of the breed Add to it color rarity- [b]Rare Colors or better[/b] + 5,000 Treasure [b]Unique Colors[/b] + 10,000 Treasure Add to it color pattern [b]Doubles (XXY, XYX, XYY)[/b] + 3,000 Treasure [b]Triples/True Monochrome (XXX)[/b] + 5,000 Treasure Add to it Eye Rarity [b]Goat or better[/b] +5,000 Treasure [b]Primal[/b] + 10,000 Treasure Apply discount for large nests. Nests with one or two eggs do not get a discount. Nests with 3 or more eggs, where you have more dragons to sell, get a small discount on the individual hatchlings. [b]Each Sibling after the first (a nest of 3 egg or more)[/b] -3,000 Treasure Lastly, adjust that price up or down as seems fair for the attractiveness of the dragon. Beauty is in the eye of the beholder. ----- [center][b]Price Comparisons[/b] [url=https://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=60484510] [img]https://flightrising.com/rendern/avatars/604846/60484510.png[/img] [/url] [b]Calculator: 13,125 Treasure[/b] | [b]Alternate method: 25,000 Treasure[/b] [url=https://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=59783559] [img]https://flightrising.com/rendern/avatars/597836/59783559.png[/img] [/url] [b]Calculator: 54,000 Treasure[/b] | [b]Alternate method: 35,000 Treasure[/b] ----- [center][size=2]Rarity referenced from [url=http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/gde/2726741][GUIDE] UPDATED Breeding Rarity Chart Hub[/url][/size][/center] Other things from me: [url=http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/gde/2735005/1][Guide]So You Want to Start a Hatchery 2[/url]
Another MODERN Dragon Pricing Calculator
Made by @SaltWizard with help from @Stormpuppy and @TheDragonsQueen

This is dragon pricing calculator draws extensively from the prices in Noodless's Pricing Guide and OreoQuack's How I Price My Dragons, with some adjustments. It is aimed at average/general dragons- so prices generally begin just above the fodder floor and will cap out before reaching the "collector" price ranges (300+ gems). Please only ping SaltWizard if you need help - the other creators are credited but have not been asked to maintain this tool.

_________This Calculator Considers

_________- Breed Rarity
_________- Gene Rarity
_________- Eye Type
_________- Age
_________- Generation
_________- Color Pattern
_________- Rare Colors
______________This Calculator Does NOT Consider

______________- Special ID numbers
______________- Special hatch dates
______________- Matching eyes to colors
______________- "high" versus "low" within digit ranges
______________- Specific Colors
______________- Ancient Breeds

Genes will be added as they are released, but this calculator does not add extra value to recently released genes- they will be priced only by rarity, like all the others.

THE CALCULATOR IS HERE - EXTERNAL LINK
Current Version 6/22/23

D I R E C T I O N S

SAVE YOUR OWN COPY OF THIS TOOL. Select your dragon's traits via the drop down menu. Treasure Price is calculated in YELLOW. Gem Price is calculated in BLUE. Please do not edit any other fields. If you have a google account, please save a copy of the calculator to your own drive! The current gem to treasure ratio is roughly 1:1100.

Color Key

XYZ - Three different colors
Monochrome XYZ - 3 colors in the same range
Accented XYZ - 2 colors in the same range, one is a bold accent
XYX - Double
XXY - Double
XYY - Double
XYZ - Triple

Determining Color Rarity

Click on "Search" (underneath the "Library" section on the left hand sidebar). Go to "Dragon Search" and input your dragon's colors. This calculator assumes you are searching only among dragons currently in the game (Non-Exalted).

Common Colors - 30 or more dragons in the game with those colors

Unusual Colors - Fewer than 30 dragons in the game with those colors

Rare Colors - 10 dragons or fewer in the game with those colors

Ultra Rare Colors - 5 dragons or fewer in the game with those colors

Unique Colors - Only dragon in the game with those colors

Scaly's Quick n' Dirty Alternate Method
This method keeps your prices to a much narrower and more consistent range than the calculator does, but it doesn't really allow for Collectors Prices

Base Price - 1,000 Treasure per cooldown day of the breed

Add to it color rarity-

Rare Colors or better + 5,000 Treasure
Unique Colors + 10,000 Treasure

Add to it color pattern

Doubles (XXY, XYX, XYY) + 3,000 Treasure
Triples/True Monochrome (XXX) + 5,000 Treasure

Add to it Eye Rarity

Goat or better +5,000 Treasure
Primal + 10,000 Treasure

Apply discount for large nests. Nests with one or two eggs do not get a discount. Nests with 3 or more eggs, where you have more dragons to sell, get a small discount on the individual hatchlings.

Each Sibling after the first (a nest of 3 egg or more) -3,000 Treasure

Lastly, adjust that price up or down as seems fair for the attractiveness of the dragon. Beauty is in the eye of the beholder.
Price Comparisons

60484510.png

Calculator: 13,125 Treasure | Alternate method: 25,000 Treasure

59783559.png

Calculator: 54,000 Treasure | Alternate method: 35,000 Treasure

Other things from me:
[Guide]So You Want to Start a Hatchery 2
[TOOL] Another Dragon Pricing Calculator | [GUIDE] So You Want to Start a Hatchery 2 | [GUIDE] Sorneith Job Catalog | [A] Silverbow's Odds 'n Ends
-
Quinn
Xe/They pronouns
Finally, a caluclator that doesnt price 80% of my dragons at 20kt
Finally, a caluclator that doesnt price 80% of my dragons at 20kt
Pix-fam.png
I-C-adopt.png

Pixel Familiars

Adopt Shop
_________________________________ Hatchery

Dress dragons. Win Treasure.
Nest.png
Luminax-mini.png
Updated with Leopard and Clouded - Sorry it took me so long
Updated with Leopard and Clouded - Sorry it took me so long
[TOOL] Another Dragon Pricing Calculator | [GUIDE] So You Want to Start a Hatchery 2 | [GUIDE] Sorneith Job Catalog | [A] Silverbow's Odds 'n Ends
-
Quinn
Xe/They pronouns
Updated with Sludge, Slime, and Innocent Eyes
Updated with Sludge, Slime, and Innocent Eyes
-
Quinn
Xe/They pronouns
Updated - Adjusted the value of color rarity down a little bit. Fodder dragons shouldn't be raised to collector prices just because they have unique color combinations. The balance should be a little better now
Updated - Adjusted the value of color rarity down a little bit. Fodder dragons shouldn't be raised to collector prices just because they have unique color combinations. The balance should be a little better now
-
Quinn
Xe/They pronouns
Thank you! This is really useful, I never know how to price dragons mdr
Thank you! This is really useful, I never know how to price dragons mdr
ezgif-6-5300d5953b70.gif
Why is the tool now in view only mood? Is it not open to public access anymore?
Why is the tool now in view only mood? Is it not open to public access anymore?
@PrinceyKitten It should be fixed now. Someone must have changed the setting
@PrinceyKitten It should be fixed now. Someone must have changed the setting
-
Quinn
Xe/They pronouns
Oh, I see. Thank you very much!
Oh, I see. Thank you very much!
When are you going to update the tool? A lot has happened. It's kind of behind now. Are you going to add gaolers? Banescales? And veined and other new genes?
When are you going to update the tool? A lot has happened. It's kind of behind now. Are you going to add gaolers? Banescales? And veined and other new genes?
1 2 3 4 5 6