Back

Guides

Community created guides, helpful strategies, and more.
TOPIC | Filigree Eye Matching Guide
I did this for myself because I've become obsessed with these lovely combinations (some of them aren't too good but there are some gems in there). So I thought I would share it with the community. It is not a visual guide (at least not with dragon pictures) because that would be far too much but it is easy to use. Edit: I may be adding images soon! If I do so, I will be using metallic and alloy for my gene choices as I feel basic is a bit too...basic for this gene. If you're putting a dragon together, I recommend putting the lace of the filigree (main colour) as the secondary hue and the inlay of the filigree (the little bead part) as the primary hue for the best results. You can most certainly swap them though to me it does not look as good since the bulk of the filigree lace is on the body and will blend in too much and cause the inlays to look weird. Tab one is the main guide. Tab two is the matching hues by flight (if you simply want to see what hues go with your flight and pick from there first). Tab three is my painstaking matching process. Tab four is the hues of the eye types themselves (irises only for now) Tab five is the credits for the sources I used (credit where credit is due right?) [center][b][size=6][color=red][emoji=left wing][url=https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1ILS3LPPKmQufzli0FE59-3hryzkowNKWbIRjLJrOeYc/edit?usp=sharing]Spreadsheet[/url][emoji=right wing][/color][/size][/b] [size=3]Warning!! This guide is incredibly colour intensive. If you have issues with seeing bright colours in succession for extended periods (migraines, seizures, etc) I suggest taking care when viewing this sheet.[/size][/center] [center][u]Example[/u][/center] [center][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/dgen/preview/dragon?age=1&body=150&bodygene=17&breed=8&element=7&eyetype=0&gender=0&tert=163&tertgene=21&winggene=17&wings=163&auth=5201d5049e7d57b413bf0d90c23f4be0ab7590b0&dummyext=prev.png[/img] Primary: Metallic Mist Secondary: Alloy Cream Tertiary: Filigree Cream Eyes: Shadow Common (Shadow is the main eye colour that fits cream) With eye type colour: [img]https://www1.flightrising.com/dgen/preview/dragon?age=1&body=150&bodygene=17&breed=8&element=7&eyetype=0&gender=0&tert=163&tertgene=21&winggene=20&wings=175&auth=1e66b896e9362292756d20452b8a0f704b967897&dummyext=prev.png[/img] Primary: Metallic Mist Secondary: Bee Nightshade (matching colour for common shadow eyes) Tertiary: Filigree Cream Eyes: Shadow Common [img]https://www1.flightrising.com/dgen/preview/dragon?age=0&body=150&bodygene=0&breed=7&element=7&eyetype=2&gender=0&tert=163&tertgene=21&winggene=17&wings=163&auth=10031aeb8ebaaa78007292d4261f95aa533d870b&dummyext=prev.png[/img] Primary: Basic Mist Secondary: Alloy Cream Tertiary: Filigree Cream Eyes: Shadow Unusual With eye type colour: [img]https://www1.flightrising.com/dgen/preview/dragon?age=0&body=150&bodygene=17&breed=7&element=7&eyetype=2&gender=0&tert=163&tertgene=21&winggene=20&wings=150&auth=225c87ac5000fe53c2630131bbaa06ac7485e863&dummyext=prev.png[/img] Primary: Basic Mist Secondary: Alloy Mist Tertiary: Filigree Cream Eyes: Shadow Unusual[/center] It obviously won't work with all genes so gene choice will be up to your discretion. I already did eye types. I'm not about to nitpick the genes as well. However, if you aren't the best at this type of thing, feel free to ping me and I will pull together an example for you if you'd like :) If you want certain genes over colours, I'll match them accordingly for you too. Otherwise, I'm pretty biased towards Rare and Limited genes (clearly. Though not all in those categories.) and considering the way filigree looks, I'd say my bias is justified. Please do enjoy this guide! I hope it helps you in creating some really lovely dragons! [b]Edit III:[/b] Fixed above to include eye colour combinations in examples. [b]Edit II:[/b] Reduced colour intensity in the "By Flight" sheet, improved QoL and began adding images! Will move the "Images" sheet to the front when it's done. [b]Edit I:[/b] Fixed an incorrect colour display (Cerulean)
I did this for myself because I've become obsessed with these lovely combinations (some of them aren't too good but there are some gems in there). So I thought I would share it with the community.

It is not a visual guide (at least not with dragon pictures) because that would be far too much but it is easy to use.
Edit: I may be adding images soon! If I do so, I will be using metallic and alloy for my gene choices as I feel basic is a bit too...basic for this gene.

If you're putting a dragon together, I recommend putting the lace of the filigree (main colour) as the secondary hue and the inlay of the filigree (the little bead part) as the primary hue for the best results. You can most certainly swap them though to me it does not look as good since the bulk of the filigree lace is on the body and will blend in too much and cause the inlays to look weird.

Tab one is the main guide.
Tab two is the matching hues by flight (if you simply want to see what hues go with your flight and pick from there first).
Tab three is my painstaking matching process.
Tab four is the hues of the eye types themselves (irises only for now)
Tab five is the credits for the sources I used (credit where credit is due right?)
Spreadsheet
Warning!! This guide is incredibly colour intensive. If you have issues with seeing bright colours in succession for extended periods (migraines, seizures, etc) I suggest taking care when viewing this sheet.
Example
dragon?age=1&body=150&bodygene=17&breed=8&element=7&eyetype=0&gender=0&tert=163&tertgene=21&winggene=17&wings=163&auth=5201d5049e7d57b413bf0d90c23f4be0ab7590b0&dummyext=prev.png
Primary: Metallic Mist
Secondary: Alloy Cream
Tertiary: Filigree Cream
Eyes: Shadow Common
(Shadow is the main eye colour that fits cream)

With eye type colour:
dragon?age=1&body=150&bodygene=17&breed=8&element=7&eyetype=0&gender=0&tert=163&tertgene=21&winggene=20&wings=175&auth=1e66b896e9362292756d20452b8a0f704b967897&dummyext=prev.png
Primary: Metallic Mist
Secondary: Bee Nightshade
(matching colour for common shadow eyes)
Eyes: Shadow Common

dragon?age=0&body=150&bodygene=0&breed=7&element=7&eyetype=2&gender=0&tert=163&tertgene=21&winggene=17&wings=163&auth=10031aeb8ebaaa78007292d4261f95aa533d870b&dummyext=prev.png
Primary: Basic Mist
Secondary: Alloy Cream
Eyes: Shadow Unusual

With eye type colour:
dragon?age=0&body=150&bodygene=17&breed=7&element=7&eyetype=2&gender=0&tert=163&tertgene=21&winggene=20&wings=150&auth=225c87ac5000fe53c2630131bbaa06ac7485e863&dummyext=prev.png
Primary: Basic Mist
Secondary: Alloy Mist
Eyes: Shadow Unusual

It obviously won't work with all genes so gene choice will be up to your discretion. I already did eye types. I'm not about to nitpick the genes as well. However, if you aren't the best at this type of thing, feel free to ping me and I will pull together an example for you if you'd like :) If you want certain genes over colours, I'll match them accordingly for you too. Otherwise, I'm pretty biased towards Rare and Limited genes (clearly. Though not all in those categories.) and considering the way filigree looks, I'd say my bias is justified.

Please do enjoy this guide! I hope it helps you in creating some really lovely dragons!

Edit III: Fixed above to include eye colour combinations in examples.
Edit II: Reduced colour intensity in the "By Flight" sheet, improved QoL and began adding images! Will move the "Images" sheet to the front when it's done.
Edit I: Fixed an incorrect colour display (Cerulean)
gs8As9u.png
@Nihilus
Pssst, the link is not working because of the emojis
@Nihilus
Pssst, the link is not working because of the emojis
Noctua_Link_Item.png BS31-1.pngBS32-1.pngBS33-1.png
BS31-2.pngBS32-2.pngBS33-2.png
BS31-3.pngBS32-3.pngBS33-3.png
BS31-4.pngBS32-4.pngBS33-4.png
MMIcon.png
Until the thread owner come to fix, here's the link, everyone :3

(Er? how did I get this? weeeell inspect code in Google Chrome :p)

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1ILS3LPPKmQufzli0FE59-3hryzkowNKWbIRjLJrOeYc/edit?usp=sharing
Until the thread owner come to fix, here's the link, everyone :3

(Er? how did I get this? weeeell inspect code in Google Chrome :p)

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1ILS3LPPKmQufzli0FE59-3hryzkowNKWbIRjLJrOeYc/edit?usp=sharing
sqXOa1X.gif Frionivalis | FR +14 or +15 (UTC +7) | A lore lair

Meepball Adopts Tailor Fae Subspecies
Sparkle Dreams Hatchery
My Experimental Writing, Feedbacks needed!
_____Fresh_Tailor_Fae_Signature_size.png
@Pinguin @Frionivalis

Oh! I'm sorry! Thank you for letting me know. I've fixed it now!

I hope it's been useful to you :)
@Pinguin @Frionivalis

Oh! I'm sorry! Thank you for letting me know. I've fixed it now!

I hope it's been useful to you :)
gs8As9u.png
Made some edits to both the document and the thread! Come see the improvements!
Made some edits to both the document and the thread! Come see the improvements!
gs8As9u.png