Back

Guides

Community created guides, helpful strategies, and more.
TOPIC | [TOOL] DOM Shop Calculator
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
[center] [img]https://i.imgur.com/hDRe7Kn.png[/img] [size=6][b]Current Version[/b]: 6.0.6[/size] [size=5][url=https://kc2693.github.io/FR-Calc/]Link[/url][/size] [/center] Hi my name is Rowdy and I will never be a google spreadsheet wizard. [size=4][b]What it is:[/b][/size] A small online [s]codepen[/s] GitHub Pages app that lists all of the Marketplace breed-change/primary/secondary/tertiary scrolls & their (first place) dom-discounted prices. You type in the quantity of each you want, press calculate, and voila! You get your total without having to do any STINKY. MATH. [size=4][b]How To Use:[/b][/size] Just type in how many of each item you want, press calculate, and you're done! [img]https://i.imgur.com/EfLSQ0d.gif[/img] [center](partial-view gif cus FR forums are narrow)[/center] --------------------- [size=5][b]Current State-of-the-App[/b][/size] We're on version 6.0, you can copy an order form to your clipboard! --------------------- [size=5][b]Current Features[/b][/size] [size=4][b]Show-Only Dropdown[/b][/size] [center][img]https://i.imgur.com/FqINtPM.png[/img][/center] Right below the calc/clear buttons you'll see a 'show only' dropdown menu now. You can sort between All genes, Modern, Ancient, Gaoler-only, or Banescale-only. Which should make calculating a breeze if you're only after a specific set of genes! Switching between these views [b]will clear quantities and calc totals[/b]. In the future I may look to implement a 'save values' button so you can switch between while preserving your quantity tallies. [size=4][b]Sort-By Dropdown[/b][/size] [center][img]https://i.postimg.cc/nzCffpVL/344324.png[/img][/center] You can now sort by several options: Price (low to high), Price (high to low), or Alphabetically. Switching between these sort options [b]will clear quantities and calc totals[/b]. I am currently debating which would be better or whether to implement a toggle! [size=4][b]Light mode[/b][/size] [center][img]https://i.postimg.cc/sDvcT2h4/ssss.png[/img] [/center] Users can now switch between light and dark mode with a switch-button in the top left, in the User Options box. [size=4]Eye Vials [/size] [img]https://i.imgur.com/tShZX71.png[/img] Eye vials can now be found in the left-most column, under the 'breed' scrolls. [size=4]Festival Skins [/size] [img]https://i.imgur.com/yHbTnjR.png[/img] There is now an option to toggle on/off a "Festival skins" box which you can use during festival season to add to your total. [size=4]'Go To Top' button[/size] [img]https://i.imgur.com/YlBcQey.png[/img] There is now an option to toggle on/off a 'Go To Top' button that will sit at the bottom-right of the page. Pressing it will take you back to the top of the page. [size=4]'Order Form' button[/size] [img]https://i.imgur.com/BIbwnB0.gif[/img] There is now an option to display an "order form" to easily copy your current list of items to clipboard. Calculate items then show the order form to display a list of what you've calculated. Use the 'copy' button to copy it to your clipboard to easily paste in forum posts. ----------------- [b]Changelog[/b] 02/26/2019: v1-beta release 12/10/2019: v2 release 12/17/2019: v2: show-only dropdown update 07/17/2020: v3 release 10/05/2020: v3.0.1 add mosaic/breakup 11/14/2020: v3.0.2 add veilspun genes ?? what happened here 6/11/2021: v3.0.4 added 'ancient addition' update genes 6/11/2021: v3.0.5 fixed alphabetical sort 6/11/2021: v4.0 change version system, add select-highlight 6/11/2021: v4.1 add automatic copy-to-clipboard for order total 6/16/2021: v4.2 add obelisk breed change 7/17/2021: v4.3 fixed missing modern seraph 7/23/2021: v4.4 added flaunt/flare 7/27/2021: v4.5 added Light Mode 9/02/2021: v4.6 updated 'flare' to 'flair' 10/08/2021: v4.7 added ribbon/eel v4.8 was lost in the skeleton war 11/3/2021: v4.9 added commas-in-total-price toggle 3/03/2022: v4.9 (still) added aberration genes + fade/blend for gaoler/banes 5/07/2022: v4.9 (still) added leopard/clouded bane genes + sparkle tert for all 10/10/2022: v4.9 (still) added points, gaoler & abby flaunt/flair, banescale peacock/underbelly 1/13/2023: v4.9.4 added Undertides & Jan 11 veilspun expansion update 2/07/2023: v4.9.5 added missing genes, parallels from Jan 19 update 3/24/2023: v4.9.6 added aether breed + genes 3/25/2023: v5.0.0 added eye vials, fest skins, and go-to-top button 3/27/2023: v5.0.1 added missing undertide genes (lionfish,sav,nox,pack) 7/21/2023: v5.0.2 added May 24 banescale expansion & sandsurge genes 7/23/2023: v5.0.3 added forgotten April 19 Gaoler gene expansion 7/26/2023: v6.0.0 added order form + corrected ancient flair prices 8/07/2023: v6.0.1 added cinder/blaze to all other breeds 10/16/2023: v6.0.2 added boa/saddle expansion and aberr gene expansion 11/21/2023: v6.0.3 added Auraboa breed/genes 03/12/2024: v6.0.4 added Feb22 Undertide Expansion update 04/05/2024: v6.0.5 added faded/umbral sight 04/17/2024: v6.0.6 added Dusthide breed/genes
hDRe7Kn.png
Current Version: 6.0.6
Link

Hi my name is Rowdy and I will never be a google spreadsheet wizard.

What it is:
A small online codepen GitHub Pages app that lists all of the Marketplace breed-change/primary/secondary/tertiary scrolls & their (first place) dom-discounted prices. You type in the quantity of each you want, press calculate, and voila! You get your total without having to do any STINKY. MATH.

How To Use:
Just type in how many of each item you want, press calculate, and you're done!
EfLSQ0d.gif
(partial-view gif cus FR forums are narrow)

Current State-of-the-App

We're on version 6.0, you can copy an order form to your clipboard!

Current Features

Show-Only Dropdown
FqINtPM.png
Right below the calc/clear buttons you'll see a 'show only' dropdown menu now. You can sort between All genes, Modern, Ancient, Gaoler-only, or Banescale-only. Which should make calculating a breeze if you're only after a specific set of genes!
Switching between these views will clear quantities and calc totals. In the future I may look to implement a 'save values' button so you can switch between while preserving your quantity tallies.

Sort-By Dropdown
344324.png
You can now sort by several options: Price (low to high), Price (high to low), or Alphabetically.
Switching between these sort options will clear quantities and calc totals. I am currently debating which would be better or whether to implement a toggle!

Light mode
ssss.png
Users can now switch between light and dark mode with a switch-button in the top left, in the User Options box.

Eye Vials
tShZX71.png

Eye vials can now be found in the left-most column, under the 'breed' scrolls.

Festival Skins
yHbTnjR.png

There is now an option to toggle on/off a "Festival skins" box which you can use during festival season to add to your total.

'Go To Top' button
YlBcQey.png

There is now an option to toggle on/off a 'Go To Top' button that will sit at the bottom-right of the page. Pressing it will take you back to the top of the page.

'Order Form' button
BIbwnB0.gif
There is now an option to display an "order form" to easily copy your current list of items to clipboard. Calculate items then show the order form to display a list of what you've calculated. Use the 'copy' button to copy it to your clipboard to easily paste in forum posts.

Changelog
02/26/2019: v1-beta release
12/10/2019: v2 release
12/17/2019: v2: show-only dropdown update
07/17/2020: v3 release
10/05/2020: v3.0.1 add mosaic/breakup
11/14/2020: v3.0.2 add veilspun genes
?? what happened here
6/11/2021: v3.0.4 added 'ancient addition' update genes
6/11/2021: v3.0.5 fixed alphabetical sort
6/11/2021: v4.0 change version system, add select-highlight
6/11/2021: v4.1 add automatic copy-to-clipboard for order total
6/16/2021: v4.2 add obelisk breed change
7/17/2021: v4.3 fixed missing modern seraph
7/23/2021: v4.4 added flaunt/flare
7/27/2021: v4.5 added Light Mode
9/02/2021: v4.6 updated 'flare' to 'flair'
10/08/2021: v4.7 added ribbon/eel
v4.8 was lost in the skeleton war
11/3/2021: v4.9 added commas-in-total-price toggle
3/03/2022: v4.9 (still) added aberration genes + fade/blend for gaoler/banes
5/07/2022: v4.9 (still) added leopard/clouded bane genes + sparkle tert for all
10/10/2022: v4.9 (still) added points, gaoler & abby flaunt/flair, banescale peacock/underbelly
1/13/2023: v4.9.4 added Undertides & Jan 11 veilspun expansion update
2/07/2023: v4.9.5 added missing genes, parallels from Jan 19 update
3/24/2023: v4.9.6 added aether breed + genes
3/25/2023: v5.0.0 added eye vials, fest skins, and go-to-top button
3/27/2023: v5.0.1 added missing undertide genes (lionfish,sav,nox,pack)
7/21/2023: v5.0.2 added May 24 banescale expansion & sandsurge genes
7/23/2023: v5.0.3 added forgotten April 19 Gaoler gene expansion
7/26/2023: v6.0.0 added order form + corrected ancient flair prices
8/07/2023: v6.0.1 added cinder/blaze to all other breeds
10/16/2023: v6.0.2 added boa/saddle expansion and aberr gene expansion
11/21/2023: v6.0.3 added Auraboa breed/genes
03/12/2024: v6.0.4 added Feb22 Undertide Expansion update
04/05/2024: v6.0.5 added faded/umbral sight
04/17/2024: v6.0.6 added Dusthide breed/genes
She|Her - Ace - FRT(0) | Lore
g67EwfB.png
g67EwfB.png
I received a lovely PM today from someone who has been using my calculator! It was good...It also put the fear of Tidelord in me that someone had been watching me make a mess while I thought I was the only one using the calculator. Thus producing several hours of updated code!

Version 2 is up! OP updated!
we're actually on v2.1.0 hehe oops

What's the difference? CSS mostly. The page will now 'squish' as uniform as it possibly can and should look better on mobile. Have I behaved as a good dev should and physically tested on my mobile device?

Absolutely not.

Sooo please report if any functionality flies out of the window if you're accessing on mobile!

* We're on Version 2 because the calc is at a NEW URL (aka I made a new pen on codepen). If you've previously bookmarked the calculator, the old url now shows a message and can redirect you to the current version. OP has also been updated with the new URL.

New #2: I put in a show-only dropdown that will slim down the list according to what you select! Only looking for banescale genes? Just select 'banescale' and watch all of that other crap disappear. Please be aware calculator values and item quantities WILL CLEAR when switching between views.

New #3: Items are now sorted ALPHABETICALLY where items were listed by price before. For now alphabetical seems quicker to use.

Other news:
- Where did the find button go?
That is an excellent question and when I find it I will berate it and place it back where it should be. It will be reappearing better than before! In v1 I was checking case-sensitivity which meant you had to match my case to properly find something. That will be fixed when it comes back!

- What about Light Mode?
I am not sure if anyone is using Light Mode. If you are just give me a yell and I will update it! Scream at me senpai.
I received a lovely PM today from someone who has been using my calculator! It was good...It also put the fear of Tidelord in me that someone had been watching me make a mess while I thought I was the only one using the calculator. Thus producing several hours of updated code!

Version 2 is up! OP updated!
we're actually on v2.1.0 hehe oops

What's the difference? CSS mostly. The page will now 'squish' as uniform as it possibly can and should look better on mobile. Have I behaved as a good dev should and physically tested on my mobile device?

Absolutely not.

Sooo please report if any functionality flies out of the window if you're accessing on mobile!

* We're on Version 2 because the calc is at a NEW URL (aka I made a new pen on codepen). If you've previously bookmarked the calculator, the old url now shows a message and can redirect you to the current version. OP has also been updated with the new URL.

New #2: I put in a show-only dropdown that will slim down the list according to what you select! Only looking for banescale genes? Just select 'banescale' and watch all of that other crap disappear. Please be aware calculator values and item quantities WILL CLEAR when switching between views.

New #3: Items are now sorted ALPHABETICALLY where items were listed by price before. For now alphabetical seems quicker to use.

Other news:
- Where did the find button go?
That is an excellent question and when I find it I will berate it and place it back where it should be. It will be reappearing better than before! In v1 I was checking case-sensitivity which meant you had to match my case to properly find something. That will be fixed when it comes back!

- What about Light Mode?
I am not sure if anyone is using Light Mode. If you are just give me a yell and I will update it! Scream at me senpai.
g67EwfB.png
Yaaaa <3 Great work at pumping out an update so fast!
I really like this tool. It's very easy on the eyes AND helpful.
Yaaaa <3 Great work at pumping out an update so fast!
I really like this tool. It's very easy on the eyes AND helpful.
35wQd0n.pnga04rvCk.pngt3V8gw9.png
[center][img]https://media.tenor.com/images/9c771f82de191180c79570b32d49daa7/tenor.gif[/img] This update is called "oops my hand slipped and I didn't update this for 7 months" ------------------ [size=6][b]Updated![/b] Version 3.0.0 is up![/size][/center] You might be reading through this and going, "Rowdy why do you bother versioning when you code like a manic raccoon and don't do minor updates?" That's a good question! I will let you know the answer when I become a responsible person. For now... [b]NEW:[/b] We find ourselves yet again at a new URL, hence v3.0, but I promise this is the last one! I felt this project was outgrowing codepen and wanted to move it to github for my own future's sake. With the calc now being on github, I can mess around a lot more without copy/pasting the entire calc onto a new pen and then having to backtrack approved changes to the original pen. [i]Actual[/i] version control! Goodie! [b]NEW #2:[/b] With another url-move I bring gifts as well! Or at least...one gift. A new sort-by option! This can be used in combination with "show-only" to sort via price or alphabetically. [b]NEW #3:[/b] This is probably a given, but I've updated the list of genes with everything that's come out recently! If you see anything missing, please let me know :> WHAT'S NEXT: [b]CSS Improvements:[/b] - The move from Codepen to a regular, full HTML page on GH meant that my nice css broke in half. I crie. I've spent most of my time messing with the CSS to make it squishable again, but it's not quite up to par. I'll be working on this. Meanwhile if you're in an uncommon width-range I am so sorry for your eyes. [s][b]Alphabetical-Sort Improvements:[/b] - I'll be real with you: I wanted this update out so I could feel like I accomplished something. In the next few days (I hope LOL) the 'alphabetical' sort WILL be getting another update. Right now it's sorting by the whole text for each item, so it will put 'banescale' before other things in the respective columns. I'm going to be switching this to only sort by actual [b]gene name[/b], so if you have view-all on, after the update it'll show cherub (modern) and cherub (banescale) next to each other.[/s] done! [s][b]Default Sort Improvement:[/b] - I am aware that right now the default-page sort is a weird mix of modern genes being low-to-high price but then the ancients are alphabetical. I'll get adjustments in for this! After I improve alphabetical-sort, I'll be setting it as the default.[/s] done! [b]Compact Mode/Icon Integration:[/b] - Maybe a compact mode?? I really adore the new primary/secondary/tert gene icons in dragon bios ([img]https://www1.flightrising.com/static/icons/primary-gene.png[/img]) and while I don't want to break ToS by using those exact icons, I think I'd like to make my own version (that color-coordinates with them for easy association) and put them in place of the text "Primary" "Secondary" etc I have right now. This will make the whole calc alot more compact. This will be coming in as a toggle if/when I do it.
tenor.gif
This update is called "oops my hand slipped and I didn't update this for 7 months"

Updated! Version 3.0.0 is up!

You might be reading through this and going, "Rowdy why do you bother versioning when you code like a manic raccoon and don't do minor updates?" That's a good question! I will let you know the answer when I become a responsible person. For now...

NEW: We find ourselves yet again at a new URL, hence v3.0, but I promise this is the last one! I felt this project was outgrowing codepen and wanted to move it to github for my own future's sake. With the calc now being on github, I can mess around a lot more without copy/pasting the entire calc onto a new pen and then having to backtrack approved changes to the original pen. Actual version control! Goodie!

NEW #2: With another url-move I bring gifts as well! Or at least...one gift. A new sort-by option! This can be used in combination with "show-only" to sort via price or alphabetically.

NEW #3: This is probably a given, but I've updated the list of genes with everything that's come out recently! If you see anything missing, please let me know :>

WHAT'S NEXT:

CSS Improvements:
- The move from Codepen to a regular, full HTML page on GH meant that my nice css broke in half. I crie. I've spent most of my time messing with the CSS to make it squishable again, but it's not quite up to par. I'll be working on this. Meanwhile if you're in an uncommon width-range I am so sorry for your eyes.

Alphabetical-Sort Improvements:
- I'll be real with you: I wanted this update out so I could feel like I accomplished something. In the next few days (I hope LOL) the 'alphabetical' sort WILL be getting another update. Right now it's sorting by the whole text for each item, so it will put 'banescale' before other things in the respective columns. I'm going to be switching this to only sort by actual gene name, so if you have view-all on, after the update it'll show cherub (modern) and cherub (banescale) next to each other.
done!

Default Sort Improvement:
- I am aware that right now the default-page sort is a weird mix of modern genes being low-to-high price but then the ancients are alphabetical. I'll get adjustments in for this! After I improve alphabetical-sort, I'll be setting it as the default.
done!

Compact Mode/Icon Integration:
- Maybe a compact mode?? I really adore the new primary/secondary/tert gene icons in dragon bios (primary-gene.png) and while I don't want to break ToS by using those exact icons, I think I'd like to make my own version (that color-coordinates with them for easy association) and put them in place of the text "Primary" "Secondary" etc I have right now. This will make the whole calc alot more compact. This will be coming in as a toggle if/when I do it.
g67EwfB.png
Updated! Version 3.0.1

Changelog:
- Very small update to add mosaic and breakup to the selection. Look ma, I'm getting faster at remembering to update this.

If my big girl irl code-work stops draining me of all brain power I will probably be looking to roll out some updates to this in the coming weeks ~

Edit: asifhsauhfsahf this is mostly a small note to myself but I'll probably be looking at trying to offer a different view mode with fixed-height boxes that scroll individually instead of whole-page-scroll?
My biggest hangup right now is just presenting all of the info in the most convenient manner. hhhhnnnnghngh. We'll see.
Updated! Version 3.0.1

Changelog:
- Very small update to add mosaic and breakup to the selection. Look ma, I'm getting faster at remembering to update this.

If my big girl irl code-work stops draining me of all brain power I will probably be looking to roll out some updates to this in the coming weeks ~

Edit: asifhsauhfsahf this is mostly a small note to myself but I'll probably be looking at trying to offer a different view mode with fixed-height boxes that scroll individually instead of whole-page-scroll?
My biggest hangup right now is just presenting all of the info in the most convenient manner. hhhhnnnnghngh. We'll see.
g67EwfB.png
Updated! Version 3.0.2

Changelog:
- Added 'Veilspun' to the show-only dropdown
- Added treasure mp veilspun genes

As usual if you see any text/price issues or if a gene is missing, please let me know!

Edit: At the time of posting veilspun genes were not showing alongside other ancient genes under the 'Ancient (all)' option. This has been corrected, may take a few minutes for GH Pages to update.
Updated! Version 3.0.2

Changelog:
- Added 'Veilspun' to the show-only dropdown
- Added treasure mp veilspun genes

As usual if you see any text/price issues or if a gene is missing, please let me know!

Edit: At the time of posting veilspun genes were not showing alongside other ancient genes under the 'Ancient (all)' option. This has been corrected, may take a few minutes for GH Pages to update.
g67EwfB.png
Updated! Version 3.0.3

Changelog:
- Added new treasure mp ancient genes (announcement thread)

I've been juggling a ton of things both on and off FR this month, so I haven't gotten much actual coding work done! Hopefully I grind out that update sometime soon.

As usual if you see anything missing or mispriced please let me know and I'll fix it ASAP.
Updated! Version 3.0.3

Changelog:
- Added new treasure mp ancient genes (announcement thread)

I've been juggling a ton of things both on and off FR this month, so I haven't gotten much actual coding work done! Hopefully I grind out that update sometime soon.

As usual if you see anything missing or mispriced please let me know and I'll fix it ASAP.
g67EwfB.png
Updated! Version 4.1

Changelog:
- Changed versioning system. Since I don't really have a difference between minor/patch I've cut out the 0.0.0 format to use 0.0 instead! So we're on 4.1

- v4.0: Added missing Ancient genes that were added as of Jan 22's Ancient Additions update. Pinglist? More like I need someone to ping ME when I'm supposed to be updating lol

- v4.0: Put all of the genes in a separate js file instead of hardcoding html. This is a technical, behind-the-scenes update that shouldn't look any different for users. But I wanted to list it incase I messed up any gene names/prices when I switched stuff over.

- v4.0: Added selection-highlighting. Now when you click on a gene input to add quantity, the box will highlight green to show you exactly which one you clicked on.

- v4.0: Corrected 'alphabetical' sort to go off of gene names instead of 'primary/gaoler/banescale/etc' keywords.

&& If anyone was actively refreshing they watched the version change from 4.0 to 4.1 because I forgot something I wanted to add in lol

- v4.1: Clicking on the 'total' after calculating will now automatically copy your price total to your clipboard. Added a small 'copied!' popup to show that.

- v4.1: Added commas to the price total for easier reading.

As usual if anyone sees any mistakes or something isn't working right, please ping me! I will put out fixes ASAP compared to my very lazy update schedule.
Updated! Version 4.1

Changelog:
- Changed versioning system. Since I don't really have a difference between minor/patch I've cut out the 0.0.0 format to use 0.0 instead! So we're on 4.1

- v4.0: Added missing Ancient genes that were added as of Jan 22's Ancient Additions update. Pinglist? More like I need someone to ping ME when I'm supposed to be updating lol

- v4.0: Put all of the genes in a separate js file instead of hardcoding html. This is a technical, behind-the-scenes update that shouldn't look any different for users. But I wanted to list it incase I messed up any gene names/prices when I switched stuff over.

- v4.0: Added selection-highlighting. Now when you click on a gene input to add quantity, the box will highlight green to show you exactly which one you clicked on.

- v4.0: Corrected 'alphabetical' sort to go off of gene names instead of 'primary/gaoler/banescale/etc' keywords.

&& If anyone was actively refreshing they watched the version change from 4.0 to 4.1 because I forgot something I wanted to add in lol

- v4.1: Clicking on the 'total' after calculating will now automatically copy your price total to your clipboard. Added a small 'copied!' popup to show that.

- v4.1: Added commas to the price total for easier reading.

As usual if anyone sees any mistakes or something isn't working right, please ping me! I will put out fixes ASAP compared to my very lazy update schedule.
g67EwfB.png
Updated! Version 4.2

Changelog:
- Added 'Breed: Obelisk' to the breed change column.
Updated! Version 4.2

Changelog:
- Added 'Breed: Obelisk' to the breed change column.
g67EwfB.png
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8