Back

Guides

Community created guides, helpful strategies, and more.
TOPIC | Prepare & Survive Night of the Nocturne
1 2 3 4 5 6
[img]https://i.imgur.com/IRUHsJJ.png[/img] [size=5][b]ANNOUNCEMENT:[/b][/size] [b]I have finally finished an updated more expansive version of this guide called Prepare and Survive Night of the Nocturne V1.0. I won't be deleting this one but That is the one I will be keeping up to date the most.[/b] [i][/i]This is a generalize guide with tips and tricks to prepare and make it through NotN with hopefully less frustration and more fun. I have been through every single NotN, opened hundreds of chest every year (thousands for that first year), and have learned some key things to maximizing my time and energy while maintaining my sanity(or whats left of it) through the entire festival. For my more extensive guide on everything NotN here is [url]https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/gde/2768916#post_2768916[/url] [color=MidnightBlue][size=5][u][b]What is Night of the Nocturne:[/b][/u][/color][/size] Night of the Nocturne is a 2 week long festival celebrating when Nocturne come out to play. During this time you will be able to get special familiars, apparel, nocturne breed change scroll, unhatched nocturne eggs, vistas, and smirch gene scroll (and whatever else new they release this year). These items are only out during this time. Most of these things are acquired through an item call strange chest [item =strange chest]. **There are some familiars and apparel that are brewed, as well as color variations of the chest apparel in both the treasure and gem market places. Strange Chest drop rarely when you gather, All mobs in the coliseum(though special NoTN mobs have higher drop rate), brewing, and swipp trades. Overall NotN is a wild ride to get as many chest as you can. Either to open to get things, or make bank by selling/trading chest to people that want to open them. [color=Navy][size=6][u][B]PREPARING:[/B][/u][/size][/color] [size=4][b]1. GET AND KEEP YOUR CLAN ENERGY ABOVE 80%[/b][/size] This is very important, not having your energy full means less gathering turns and dragons that can't battle. If you are not there, do everything you can to get your dragons above 80% asap. Coli is the best way to get chest, but those extra 5 turns means more chances at chest. [size=4][b]2. GET A COLISEUM TEAM READY:[/b][/size] Coliseum really is a big part of the game and majorly moves things along with NotN. You [b]DO NOT[/b] have to have a team of all level 25 (though makes things easier I will not lie). You can get by just fine with a team that are level 7-15. In fact NotN is a great time to level a lower level team while farming for chest/Swipp items. Begin with a level 7 team and start farming Woodland Paths and Scorched Forest most of NotN. Great venues and are the main venue that I farmed every year (more on this later). All over the forums both general and inflight you can find services to level your dragons or even renting out level 25 if having trouble doing it on your own, really just ask. If totally shy about forums and asking in general seriously just pm me and I can help you out, takes me around 10-15 minutes to level one to 7. [size=4][b]3. GET YOUR BREWING LEVEL TO 10[/b][/size] The highest recipe they used last year was level 9 so it's a good goal to set before things start up. Some of the best ways to do this is just keeping your transmuting going at all times. While awake and able, set an alarm every 30 minutes or so and change over what you are melting down. While asleep or out and about, brew for one of the longer things like Glass Beakers and Sizzling Phosphorus ones that will give more then 1 xp/min. The only reason I say melt things down then constantly brewing something is because of my next preparation point. [size=4][b]4. STOCK PILE BREWING MATERIALS[/b][/size] Biggest ones I personally would recommend would be red ooze, red goo, red sludge, silver muck, and gold muck. Atleast 28 of each, this will give you the ability to make 2 of the chest x2 a day for the whole time frame. The chest x1 takes yellow ooze, goo, and sludge with copper and some mimic powder another good recipe to work with. Generally I find having 5-10 of each type of brewed materials (like Sizzling Phosphorus, Glass Beaker, ect) and 10-20 of the regular base materials is a safe bet. [size=4][b]5. LAIR CLEAN OUT AND MAKING MONEY[/B][/size] The last couple weeks before NotN I generally clear out lair space. Whether for space of eggs I hatch or for fodder to level while coli grinding extra lair space is good to have if able. With the dom battles always going on this time of year its a great time to clear out some lair space while making money/ get into raffles. Generally just try and make money from fairgrounds(love you G&G) , AH, exalting, tomo questions, trades, and the usual money making areas. All for the fun stuff that comes out, not having to spend every waking minute in the coli, or just for that project you are currently working on. [b]You can have a very full and happy NotN without spending a dime so its really up to you on how you want to play this one.[/b] [size=4][b]6. Realize The Odds [/B][/size] This is more of a mental step then anything, as well as help you calculate how many chest you might be gunning for to open. Through the hype and excitement from all those that have participated in the past you need to prepare yourself for what the drops really are. If you have the mindset of this will be easy, everyone talks of how they got so many of this or that, you have the possibility of being really disappointed. So to hit the excitement with a hard facts slap here are the stats of items from a 2300 strange chest opening in 2018 and coliseum numbers (pay attention to the chest/hour column): [LIST] [*][size=4][color=Darkviolet][b]Unhatched Egg Nocturne:[/b][/color][/size] 210 - 9.13% [*][size=4][color=Slateblue][b]Breed Change Nocturne:[/b][/color][/size] 17 - 0.739% [*][size=4][color=DarkSlategray][b]Smirch:[/b][/color][/size] 102 - 4.435% [*][size=4][color=Royalblue][b]Vistas:[/b][/color][/size] 104 - 4.522%[LIST=1] [*] 2016 Vistas : 22 [*] 2017 Vistas : 31 [*] 2018 Vistas : 51 [/LIST] [*][size=4][color=Green][b]Apparel:[/b][/color][/size] 631 - 27.435%[LIST=1] [*] 2015 Apparel: 77 [*] 2016 Apparel: 82 [*] 2017 Apparel: 190 [*] 2018 Apparel: 282 [/LIST] [*][size=4][color=Brown][b]Familiars:[/b][/color][/size] 1236 - 53.739%[LIST=1] [*] 2014 Familiars: 52 [*] 2015 Familiars: 149 [*] 2016 Familiars: 268 [*] 2017 Familiars: 343 [*] 2018 Familiars: 424 [/LIST] [/LIST] [url=http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/gde/2177601/3#post_26993628]From Maki’s coliseum guide: [/url] [columns][left][size=4] [color=indigo]Training Fields[/color] Woodland Path [color=indigo]Scorched Forest[/color] [b]Sandswept Delta[/b] Blooming Grove Forgotten Cave Bamboo Falls [color=indigo]Th. Savanna[/color] [color=indigo]Redrock Cove[/color] [color=indigo]Waterway[/color] Arena [color=indigo]Volcanic Vents[/color] [color=indigo]Rainsong Jungle[/color] [color=indigo]Boreal Wood[/color] Crystal Pools Harpy's Roost [color=indigo]Ghostlight Ruins[/color] Mire [color=indigo]Kelp Beds[/color] Golem Workshop[/size][/left] [nextcol] [color=transparent]__[/color] [nextcol][center][i]Battles[/i] | [i]Chests[/i][size=4] 1500 | 17 1650 | 35 1350 | 26 2000 | 67 1100 | 11 1300 | 37 1200 | 31 2000 | 36 1200 | 34 1100 | 21 1250 | 24 1000 | 25 1550 | 57 1200 | 45 1100 | 37 1000 | 33 1200 | 43 1000 | 37 1000 | 28 1300 | 59[/size][/center] [nextcol] [color=transparent]_[/color] [nextcol][center][i]Chests/100 battles[/i][size=4] 1.13 2.12 1.92 3.35 1.00 2.85 2.58 1.80 2.83 1.90 1.92 2.50 3.67 3.30 3.36 3.30 3.58 3.70 2.80 4.53[/size][/center] [nextcol] [color=transparent]_[/color] [nextcol][center][i]Battles/min*[/i][size=4] 8.8 7.8 6.7 5.9 4.9 5.6 5.8 4.7 5.0 4.6 4.5 4.9 5.3 5.0 5.0 4.9 3.4 3.5 2.6 2.7[/size][/center] [nextcol] [color=transparent]_[/color] [nextcol][center][i]Chests/hour[/i][size=4] 6 10 8 [b]12[/b] 3 9 9 5 8 5 5 7 11 11 10 10 7 8 4 7[/size][/center][/columns] Best place to grind for Strange Chests: Sandswept Delta. [color=MidnightBlue][size=6][u][B] NIGHT OF THE NOCTURNE SURVIVAL:[/B][/u][/color][/size] [size=4][b]1) BE PATIENT AND CHECK THE ATTITUDE[/b][/size] The whole I need this now, can't wait a minute longer will cost you more emotionally, and financially in the end. Patience in coli, brewing, and watching prices are all your best friend. As for attitude constant this sucks, everything hates me, I can't do this, it's so hard type attitudes don't work and make everything miserable. Change it, if frustrated / on a bad streak take a breath, walk away, find something else to do for a bit. Go to a different game or the forums. Venting is ok, and can be a relief, but voice it and then let it go. [size=4][b]2. READ EVERYTHING IN OFFICIAL POST AND ANNOUNCEMENTS[/b][/size] You find out wonderful little tidbits when you take the time to actually read everything they put out. Plus there are always clarification in the replies to the original post. Things like sometimes not all NotN mobs were active right away and some were slowly added into different venues of the coli over the first couple hours. They first announced when more brewing and Swipp trades opened in the Site Status announcements area. That right side column on the main page right under your profile info holds very important information you want to know. Check the official post multiple times during the first few days to catch any extra replies from staff members(use the nice skip to staff reply button) [size=4][b]3. FOR THOSE THAT CAN'T COLI[/b][/size] Alright for those that can't, hate, whatever reason coli is not working for you there are other ways. [LIST=1] [*] Your first best friend is Baldwin there are 2 very nice recipes that you can have going continually at lvl 2 and lvl 3. Lvl 3 requires no mimic dust all just Baldwin ingredients only. This is where the preparation of leveling and stock piling of Baldwin stuff is for. [center][img]https://66.media.tumblr.com/3f1ff64a9808ad0de1cc706d28fc6863/tumblr_inline_oidn2l4t6R1rxa3gl_400.png[/img][/center][center][img]https://66.media.tumblr.com/d7661eecac9e5ee46d89a14a67fee29b/tumblr_inline_oidn35MN6r1rxa3gl_400.png[/img][/center] [*] Make sure you use all your gathering turns in whatever place you want, all give chest. So if low on food, gather in food its all good. Once again this is why its so important to keep your clan energy above 80%, you miss alot when you don't have those extra 5 gathering turns. [*] Item trade forum can be your best friend. Many people start trading their other stuff for chest, or will trade chest for stuff they are looking for. Just keep looking and maybe you will find something you can trade. Post your own trading thread, especially if have rare or retired things to sale. Besides the coli this has been the way of getting chest each year fully recommend giving it a try. [/LIST] [size=4][b]4. FOR THOSE THAT DO COLI[/b][/size] For those coli people, there are some very important things to do so that you are not wasting your time. [LIST=1] [*] Very first and most important thing is that you get a team together. Yes a reiteration of Preparation step 2, but just that important. Whichever guide you follow, or go by the seat of your pants get a team together. Many flights offer rentals, free training to lvl 7, and other things to give you a boost if you don't have a team. The forums are your friend go look. Plus there is the bonus of as you train your team you will be getting chest and swipp mats to trade for chest. [*] Don't coli just for chest. This will lead to nothing but frustration. Just like trying to get that special apparel from one place or certain battle stone, you are just begging to be disappointed and feel everything is a waste. Find a challenge that you always wanted to try. There is a Coliseum Challenge section in this post if looking for ideas of something to try. Look for something other then chest like missing familiars or mats for swipp. Stay in a certain area for a certain amount of time or battles. I like to do 100 battles per venue to get an idea how my team does per area. [*] Utilize your time wisely. Coli to match Swipp. Swipp will give out trades for strange chest, and a productive way to coli is fight in the areas that give the mats for the current swipp trade. At the end of the 2 hours right before the trade expires(generally I give myself 5 minutes) turn in everything you have for even more chest. [url=http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/gde/2582772#post_36590125] Link to Recommendations on where to coli for each trade[/url] [*] Realize you will have bad streaks. It will happen just accept the fact and either move to a different place, different part of the game, or battle through till the tide changes. [*]Don't stay in the same place forever. If having bad luck in one area move to a different one. [*][b]The low venues are your best friends[/b]. Woodland Path, Scorched Forest, Blooming Grove, all those in that range are the best to farm. The reason is because you go through the mobs so fast. The higher venues may have better drop rate but they take to long to kill the mobs. By the time you finish your first at those high levels, I can go through three to four in the lower ones. It’s just better overall. [*] Do something while coli-ing. I like to turn on shows or listen to audio books. Others like podcast or other youtube shows. [*] [b]REMEMBER to take BREAKS.[/b] Take a breather, remember to eat, and give your wrist a rest. This is a two week long event, its a marathon not a sprint. [*] If possible move to mobile, mainly a tablet of some sort. You can use a drawing tablet or regular tablet both will work. The reason I suggest this is that you can use pencil and the like to ease the strain on your wrist. It's also faster in terms of how much you have to move to click on things. [*] If only have a computer you can change the controls to keyboard controls. In the coliseum window while fighting or choosing a venue you will see a button that looks like a controller next to the button of a gear(that’s your settings button). This lets you change from keyboard to mouse and back. This will also help save your wrist and faster than clicking with your mouse. [/LIST] [size=4][b]5. FIND A BUDDY[/b][/size] If you are feeling worn out, don't know why you are doing things find a buddy. Someone to challenge you, someone lift you up and be excited with. Life is always better with someone to share both the good and the bad. [size=4][b]6. Last but not Least HAVE FUN[/b][/size] The biggest thing is just to have fun. Join in with the forums, your flights, the people around you. This is a 2 week event, its the holiday season. Have fun do what you can and be ok with it all. [color=DarkGreen][size=5][i][u][b]COLISEUM CHALLENGES[/b][/u][/i][/size][/color] Egg/Familiar Drop Challenge: [indent]Fight in each area until a familiar drops counting how many battles it takes(or amount of time it takes). Once each area is accounted for go to the area that it took the least and fight in that area till you get an egg to drop.[/indent] 100 Battle Challenge: [indent]Very simple challenge. Battle in each area for 100 battles.[/indent] All Familiars Challenge: [indent]Fight in each area till you have gotten one of each familiar from that area. Extreme mode you include boss familiars.[/indent] One Stack Challenge: [indent]Pick a specific item for each area and stay in that area till have a full stack of that item. I like to do a rarer item like 100 of the areas chest (not skin crates just the small treasure item).[/indent] One Apparel Piece Challenge: [indent]Go through each area and grind there till you get a piece of apparel. Could change this to a battle stone, crate, or one of the more rare items from the drop list.[/indent] No Drp Challenge: [indent]Fight in each area until you get nothing in the drop window. You didn’t get any loot from a drop.[/indent] Coliseum Scavenger Hunt by Louretta: [indent] coliseum scavenger hunt: http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/qnc/2441703/1[/indent] [img]https://i.imgur.com/eqngvsM.png[/img]
IRUHsJJ.png
ANNOUNCEMENT:
I have finally finished an updated more expansive version of this guide called Prepare and Survive Night of the Nocturne V1.0. I won't be deleting this one but That is the one I will be keeping up to date the most.

This is a generalize guide with tips and tricks to prepare and make it through NotN with hopefully less frustration and more fun. I have been through every single NotN, opened hundreds of chest every year (thousands for that first year), and have learned some key things to maximizing my time and energy while maintaining my sanity(or whats left of it) through the entire festival. For my more extensive guide on everything NotN here is https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/gde/2768916#post_2768916

What is Night of the Nocturne:
Night of the Nocturne is a 2 week long festival celebrating when Nocturne come out to play. During this time you will be able to get special familiars, apparel, nocturne breed change scroll, unhatched nocturne eggs, vistas, and smirch gene scroll (and whatever else new they release this year). These items are only out during this time.
Most of these things are acquired through an item call strange chest Strange Chest .
**There are some familiars and apparel that are brewed, as well as color variations of the chest apparel in both the treasure and gem market places.

Strange Chest drop rarely when you gather, All mobs in the coliseum(though special NoTN mobs have higher drop rate), brewing, and swipp trades.

Overall NotN is a wild ride to get as many chest as you can. Either to open to get things, or make bank by selling/trading chest to people that want to open them.

PREPARING:

1. GET AND KEEP YOUR CLAN ENERGY ABOVE 80%
This is very important, not having your energy full means less gathering turns and dragons that can't battle. If you are not there, do everything you can to get your dragons above 80% asap. Coli is the best way to get chest, but those extra 5 turns means more chances at chest.

2. GET A COLISEUM TEAM READY:
Coliseum really is a big part of the game and majorly moves things along with NotN. You DO NOT have to have a team of all level 25 (though makes things easier I will not lie). You can get by just fine with a team that are level 7-15. In fact NotN is a great time to level a lower level team while farming for chest/Swipp items. Begin with a level 7 team and start farming Woodland Paths and Scorched Forest most of NotN. Great venues and are the main venue that I farmed every year (more on this later). All over the forums both general and inflight you can find services to level your dragons or even renting out level 25 if having trouble doing it on your own, really just ask. If totally shy about forums and asking in general seriously just pm me and I can help you out, takes me around 10-15 minutes to level one to 7.

3. GET YOUR BREWING LEVEL TO 10
The highest recipe they used last year was level 9 so it's a good goal to set before things start up. Some of the best ways to do this is just keeping your transmuting going at all times. While awake and able, set an alarm every 30 minutes or so and change over what you are melting down. While asleep or out and about, brew for one of the longer things like Glass Beakers and Sizzling Phosphorus ones that will give more then 1 xp/min. The only reason I say melt things down then constantly brewing something is because of my next preparation point.

4. STOCK PILE BREWING MATERIALS
Biggest ones I personally would recommend would be red ooze, red goo, red sludge, silver muck, and gold muck. Atleast 28 of each, this will give you the ability to make 2 of the chest x2 a day for the whole time frame. The chest x1 takes yellow ooze, goo, and sludge with copper and some mimic powder another good recipe to work with. Generally I find having 5-10 of each type of brewed materials (like Sizzling Phosphorus, Glass Beaker, ect) and 10-20 of the regular base materials is a safe bet.

5. LAIR CLEAN OUT AND MAKING MONEY
The last couple weeks before NotN I generally clear out lair space. Whether for space of eggs I hatch or for fodder to level while coli grinding extra lair space is good to have if able. With the dom battles always going on this time of year its a great time to clear out some lair space while making money/ get into raffles. Generally just try and make money from fairgrounds(love you G&G) , AH, exalting, tomo questions, trades, and the usual money making areas. All for the fun stuff that comes out, not having to spend every waking minute in the coli, or just for that project you are currently working on. You can have a very full and happy NotN without spending a dime so its really up to you on how you want to play this one.

6. Realize The Odds
This is more of a mental step then anything, as well as help you calculate how many chest you might be gunning for to open. Through the hype and excitement from all those that have participated in the past you need to prepare yourself for what the drops really are. If you have the mindset of this will be easy, everyone talks of how they got so many of this or that, you have the possibility of being really disappointed. So to hit the excitement with a hard facts slap here are the stats of items from a 2300 strange chest opening in 2018 and coliseum numbers (pay attention to the chest/hour column):

• Unhatched Egg Nocturne: 210 - 9.13%
  • Breed Change Nocturne: 17 - 0.739%
  • Smirch: 102 - 4.435%
  • Vistas: 104 - 4.522%
    1. 2016 Vistas : 22
    2. 2017 Vistas : 31
    3. 2018 Vistas : 51
  • Apparel: 631 - 27.435%
    1. 2015 Apparel: 77
    2. 2016 Apparel: 82
    3. 2017 Apparel: 190
    4. 2018 Apparel: 282
  • Familiars: 1236 - 53.739%
    1. 2014 Familiars: 52
    2. 2015 Familiars: 149
    3. 2016 Familiars: 268
    4. 2017 Familiars: 343
    5. 2018 Familiars: 424

From Maki’s coliseum guide:

Training Fields
Woodland Path
Scorched Forest
Sandswept Delta
Blooming Grove
Forgotten Cave
Bamboo Falls
Th. Savanna
Redrock Cove
Waterway
Arena
Volcanic Vents
Rainsong Jungle
Boreal Wood
Crystal Pools
Harpy's Roost
Ghostlight Ruins
Mire
Kelp Beds
Golem Workshop
__
Battles | Chests

1500 | 17
1650 | 35
1350 | 26
2000 | 67
1100 | 11
1300 | 37
1200 | 31
2000 | 36
1200 | 34
1100 | 21
1250 | 24
1000 | 25
1550 | 57
1200 | 45
1100 | 37
1000 | 33
1200 | 43
1000 | 37
1000 | 28
1300 | 59
_
Chests/100 battles

_
Battles/min*

_
Chests/hour

Best place to grind for Strange Chests: Sandswept Delta.

NIGHT OF THE NOCTURNE SURVIVAL:

1) BE PATIENT AND CHECK THE ATTITUDE
The whole I need this now, can't wait a minute longer will cost you more emotionally, and financially in the end. Patience in coli, brewing, and watching prices are all your best friend. As for attitude constant this sucks, everything hates me, I can't do this, it's so hard type attitudes don't work and make everything miserable. Change it, if frustrated / on a bad streak take a breath, walk away, find something else to do for a bit. Go to a different game or the forums. Venting is ok, and can be a relief, but voice it and then let it go.

2. READ EVERYTHING IN OFFICIAL POST AND ANNOUNCEMENTS
You find out wonderful little tidbits when you take the time to actually read everything they put out. Plus there are always clarification in the replies to the original post. Things like sometimes not all NotN mobs were active right away and some were slowly added into different venues of the coli over the first couple hours. They first announced when more brewing and Swipp trades opened in the Site Status announcements area. That right side column on the main page right under your profile info holds very important information you want to know. Check the official post multiple times during the first few days to catch any extra replies from staff members(use the nice skip to staff reply button)

3. FOR THOSE THAT CAN'T COLI
Alright for those that can't, hate, whatever reason coli is not working for you there are other ways.
  1. Your first best friend is Baldwin there are 2 very nice recipes that you can have going continually at lvl 2 and lvl 3. Lvl 3 requires no mimic dust all just Baldwin ingredients only. This is where the preparation of leveling and stock piling of Baldwin stuff is for.
    tumblr_inline_oidn2l4t6R1rxa3gl_400.png
    tumblr_inline_oidn35MN6r1rxa3gl_400.png
  2. Make sure you use all your gathering turns in whatever place you want, all give chest. So if low on food, gather in food its all good. Once again this is why its so important to keep your clan energy above 80%, you miss alot when you don't have those extra 5 gathering turns.
  3. Item trade forum can be your best friend. Many people start trading their other stuff for chest, or will trade chest for stuff they are looking for. Just keep looking and maybe you will find something you can trade. Post your own trading thread, especially if have rare or retired things to sale. Besides the coli this has been the way of getting chest each year fully recommend giving it a try.

4. FOR THOSE THAT DO COLI
For those coli people, there are some very important things to do so that you are not wasting your time.
  1. Very first and most important thing is that you get a team together. Yes a reiteration of Preparation step 2, but just that important. Whichever guide you follow, or go by the seat of your pants get a team together. Many flights offer rentals, free training to lvl 7, and other things to give you a boost if you don't have a team. The forums are your friend go look. Plus there is the bonus of as you train your team you will be getting chest and swipp mats to trade for chest.
  2. Don't coli just for chest. This will lead to nothing but frustration. Just like trying to get that special apparel from one place or certain battle stone, you are just begging to be disappointed and feel everything is a waste. Find a challenge that you always wanted to try. There is a Coliseum Challenge section in this post if looking for ideas of something to try. Look for something other then chest like missing familiars or mats for swipp. Stay in a certain area for a certain amount of time or battles. I like to do 100 battles per venue to get an idea how my team does per area.
  3. Utilize your time wisely. Coli to match Swipp. Swipp will give out trades for strange chest, and a productive way to coli is fight in the areas that give the mats for the current swipp trade. At the end of the 2 hours right before the trade expires(generally I give myself 5 minutes) turn in everything you have for even more chest. Link to Recommendations on where to coli for each trade
  4. Realize you will have bad streaks. It will happen just accept the fact and either move to a different place, different part of the game, or battle through till the tide changes.
  5. Don't stay in the same place forever. If having bad luck in one area move to a different one.
  6. The low venues are your best friends. Woodland Path, Scorched Forest, Blooming Grove, all those in that range are the best to farm. The reason is because you go through the mobs so fast. The higher venues may have better drop rate but they take to long to kill the mobs. By the time you finish your first at those high levels, I can go through three to four in the lower ones. It’s just better overall.
  7. Do something while coli-ing. I like to turn on shows or listen to audio books. Others like podcast or other youtube shows.
  8. REMEMBER to take BREAKS. Take a breather, remember to eat, and give your wrist a rest. This is a two week long event, its a marathon not a sprint.
  9. If possible move to mobile, mainly a tablet of some sort. You can use a drawing tablet or regular tablet both will work. The reason I suggest this is that you can use pencil and the like to ease the strain on your wrist. It's also faster in terms of how much you have to move to click on things.
  10. If only have a computer you can change the controls to keyboard controls. In the coliseum window while fighting or choosing a venue you will see a button that looks like a controller next to the button of a gear(that’s your settings button). This lets you change from keyboard to mouse and back. This will also help save your wrist and faster than clicking with your mouse.
5. FIND A BUDDY
If you are feeling worn out, don't know why you are doing things find a buddy. Someone to challenge you, someone lift you up and be excited with. Life is always better with someone to share both the good and the bad.

6. Last but not Least HAVE FUN
The biggest thing is just to have fun. Join in with the forums, your flights, the people around you. This is a 2 week event, its the holiday season. Have fun do what you can and be ok with it all.

COLISEUM CHALLENGES
Egg/Familiar Drop Challenge:
Fight in each area until a familiar drops counting how many battles it takes(or amount of time it takes). Once each area is accounted for go to the area that it took the least and fight in that area till you get an egg to drop.

100 Battle Challenge:
Very simple challenge. Battle in each area for 100 battles.

All Familiars Challenge:
Fight in each area till you have gotten one of each familiar from that area. Extreme mode you include boss familiars.

One Stack Challenge:
Pick a specific item for each area and stay in that area till have a full stack of that item. I like to do a rarer item like 100 of the areas chest (not skin crates just the small treasure item).

One Apparel Piece Challenge:
Go through each area and grind there till you get a piece of apparel. Could change this to a battle stone, crate, or one of the more rare items from the drop list.

No Drp Challenge:
Fight in each area until you get nothing in the drop window. You didn’t get any loot from a drop.

Coliseum Scavenger Hunt by Louretta: eqngvsM.png
4Zlz1vc.pngrsz-lorwolf-button.png
Ugh, I need a lot more red goo/ooze/sludge.
But I've got like 71 silver much :"^)
Ugh, I need a lot more red goo/ooze/sludge.
But I've got like 71 silver much :"^)
o007-d01-Amorah.pngo007-d02-Amorah.pngo007-d03-Amorah.pngo007-d04-Amorah.pngs064-d01-Amorah.pngs064-d02-Amorah.pngs064-d03-Amorah.pngs064-d04-Amorah.pngs064-d05-Amorah.pngs064-d06-Amorah.pngs064-d07-Amorah.pngs064-d08-Amorah.pngs064-d09-Amorah.pngs064-d10-Amorah.pngs075-d01-Amorah.pngs075-d02-Amorah.pngs075-d03-Amorah.pngs075-d04-Amorah.pngs075-d05-Amorah.pngs075-d06-Amorah.pngo007-d05-Amorah.png
ADb9Vnz.png
Is it a weird consequence that this thread appeared the exact same time I started wondering about what should I prepare for my first NotN?
Is it a weird consequence that this thread appeared the exact same time I started wondering about what should I prepare for my first NotN?
Badge-1.png
@/Zaphiriana
I started to wonder too, even thought about asking here but I'm too shy to actually do it ^^
Thank you for this small guide! It's my first NotN and I just can't wait for it to start!!!
@/Zaphiriana
I started to wonder too, even thought about asking here but I'm too shy to actually do it ^^
Thank you for this small guide! It's my first NotN and I just can't wait for it to start!!!
KtAsLKR.gif
[size=5][b]Swipp Trades Recommendations:[/b][/size] For each trade there is a list of venues where each item is located and recommendations of which venue is best. These are based on venue level, mob frequency, and if you already have a bunch of the food item, more of the trinket item, or none/even of each. [size=4][b]These are from 2017 NotN will update again when 2018 starts[/b][/size] [item=cuckoo]x45 + [item=leporidae guise]x20 = [item=strange chest] [b]Cuckoo[/b]: Training Fields, Woodland Paths, Bamboo Falls, Redrock Cove, Golem Workshop [b]Leporidae Guise[/b]: Scorched Forest, Blooming Grove, Forgotten Cave [b]Recommendation:[/b] [indent]High Food: Forgotten Cave High Item: Woodland Path/Training Fields Even or none of either: Woodland Paths/ Scorched Forest[/indent] [item=giant swallowtail caterpillar]x45 + [item=hourglass]x20 = [item=strange chest] [b]Giant Swallowtail Caterpillar[/b]: Woodland Path, Scorched Forest, Redrock Cove [b]Hourglass:[/b] Scorched Forest, Waterway, Volcanic Vents, [b]Recommendation: [/b] [indent]High Food: Scorched Forest/Waterway High Item: Woodland Path/Scorched Forest Even or none of either: Scorched Forest[/indent] [item=bee orchid]x45 + [item=weathered grimoire]x20 = [item=strange chest] [b]Bee Orchid: [/b]Scorched Forest, Sandswept Delta, Blooming Grove [b]Weathered Grimoire:[/b] Training Fields, Woodland Path, Bamboo Falls, Redrock Cove [b]Recommendation: [/b] [indent]High Food: Woodland Path High Item: Scorched Forest/Sandswept Delta Even or none of either: 2/3 Woodland Paths 1/3 Sandswept Delta[/indent] [item=flying gurnard]x45 + [item=crystal ball]x20 = [item=strange chest] [b]Flying Gurnard[/b]: Training Fields, Forgotten Cave, Waterway [b]Crystal Ball:[/b] Training Fields, Woodland Path, Sandswept Delta, Blooming Grove [b]Recommendation:[/b] [indent]High Food: Woodland Path/Sandswept Delta High Item: Forgotten Cave Even or none of either: 2/3 Forgotten Can 1/3 Woodland Path[/indent] [item=leaf insect]x42 + [item=mirror]x18 = [item=strange chest] [b]Leaf Insect:[/b] Boreal Wood, Crystal Pools, Kelp Beds, Golem Workshop [b]Mirror:[/b] Arena, Boreal Wood, Harpy Roost, Ghostlight Ruins [b]Recommendation:[/b] [indent]High Food: Arena High Item: Crystal Pools Even or none of either: Boreal Wood[/indent] [item=living stones]x42 + [item=nocturne puppet]x18 = [item=strange chest] [b]Living Stones:[/b] Rainsong Jungle, Ghostlight Ruins, Mire [b]Nocturne Puppet:[/b] Rainsong Jungle, Harpy’s Roost, Ghostlight Ruins, Golem Workshop [b]Recommendation:[/b] [indent]High Food: Rainsong Jungle High Item: Rainsong Jungle Even or none of either: Rainsong Jungle[/indent] [item=lakebottom flounder]x42 + [item=multi-lens magnifier]x18 = [item=strange chest] [b]Lakebottom Flounder:[/b] Volvanic Vents, Boreal Wood, Harpy’s Roost, Kelp Beds, Golem Workshop [b]Multi-lens Magnifier:[/b] Crystal Pools, Ghostlight Ruins, Mire, Kelp Beds [b]Recommendation:[/b] [indent]High Food: Crystal Pools High Item: Volvanic Vents Even or none of either: 2/3 Volcanic Vents 1/3 Crystal Pools[/indent] [item=chameleon]x42 + [item=night flame]x18 = [item=strange chest] [b]Chameleon:[/b] Arena, Harpy’s Roost, Ghostlight Ruins, [b]Night Flame:[/b] Boreal Wood, Mire, Kelp Beds, Golem Workshop [b]Recommendation:[/b] [indent]High Food: Boreal Wood High Item: Arena Even or none of either: 2/3 Boreal Wood + 1/3 Arena[/indent]
Swipp Trades Recommendations:
For each trade there is a list of venues where each item is located and recommendations of which venue is best. These are based on venue level, mob frequency, and if you already have a bunch of the food item, more of the trinket item, or none/even of each.

These are from 2017 NotN will update again when 2018 starts

Cuckoo x45 + Leporidae Guise x20 = Strange Chest
Cuckoo: Training Fields, Woodland Paths, Bamboo Falls, Redrock Cove, Golem Workshop
Leporidae Guise: Scorched Forest, Blooming Grove, Forgotten Cave
Recommendation:
High Food: Forgotten Cave
High Item: Woodland Path/Training Fields
Even or none of either: Woodland Paths/ Scorched Forest

Giant Swallowtail Caterpillar x45 + Hourglass x20 = Strange Chest
Giant Swallowtail Caterpillar: Woodland Path, Scorched Forest, Redrock Cove
Hourglass: Scorched Forest, Waterway, Volcanic Vents,
Recommendation:
High Food: Scorched Forest/Waterway
High Item: Woodland Path/Scorched Forest
Even or none of either: Scorched Forest

Bee Orchid x45 + Weathered Grimoire x20 = Strange Chest
Bee Orchid: Scorched Forest, Sandswept Delta, Blooming Grove
Weathered Grimoire: Training Fields, Woodland Path, Bamboo Falls, Redrock Cove
Recommendation:
High Food: Woodland Path
High Item: Scorched Forest/Sandswept Delta
Even or none of either: 2/3 Woodland Paths 1/3 Sandswept Delta

Flying Gurnard x45 + Crystal Ball x20 = Strange Chest
Flying Gurnard: Training Fields, Forgotten Cave, Waterway
Crystal Ball: Training Fields, Woodland Path, Sandswept Delta, Blooming Grove
Recommendation:
High Food: Woodland Path/Sandswept Delta
High Item: Forgotten Cave
Even or none of either: 2/3 Forgotten Can 1/3 Woodland Path

Leaf Insect x42 + Mirror x18 = Strange Chest
Leaf Insect: Boreal Wood, Crystal Pools, Kelp Beds, Golem Workshop
Mirror: Arena, Boreal Wood, Harpy Roost, Ghostlight Ruins
Recommendation:
High Food: Arena
High Item: Crystal Pools
Even or none of either: Boreal Wood

Living Stones x42 + Nocturne Puppet x18 = Strange Chest
Living Stones: Rainsong Jungle, Ghostlight Ruins, Mire
Nocturne Puppet: Rainsong Jungle, Harpy’s Roost, Ghostlight Ruins, Golem Workshop
Recommendation:
High Food: Rainsong Jungle
High Item: Rainsong Jungle
Even or none of either: Rainsong Jungle

Lakebottom Flounder x42 + Multi-Lens Magnifier x18 = Strange Chest
Lakebottom Flounder: Volvanic Vents, Boreal Wood, Harpy’s Roost, Kelp Beds, Golem Workshop
Multi-lens Magnifier: Crystal Pools, Ghostlight Ruins, Mire, Kelp Beds
Recommendation:
High Food: Crystal Pools
High Item: Volvanic Vents
Even or none of either: 2/3 Volcanic Vents 1/3 Crystal Pools

Chameleon x42 + Night Flame x18 = Strange Chest
Chameleon: Arena, Harpy’s Roost, Ghostlight Ruins,
Night Flame: Boreal Wood, Mire, Kelp Beds, Golem Workshop
Recommendation:
High Food: Boreal Wood
High Item: Arena
Even or none of either: 2/3 Boreal Wood + 1/3 Arena

Thanks for this. I haven't been very active until recently. But I've been seeing everyone hype NotN and I was getting worried I wouldn't know what to do.

matching my personal list against yours:
1. my clan is always 100%
2. I have my team of 25s
3. I'm level 20 in brewing
4. uhhh gotta work on this one I never have anything
5. I've been saving up and storing in my vault. I was going to buy genes but I'll save it for this holiday instead.

okay! That settles it! I need to stockpile my materials, I'll bookmark that other guide you linked. Thanks again.
Thanks for this. I haven't been very active until recently. But I've been seeing everyone hype NotN and I was getting worried I wouldn't know what to do.

matching my personal list against yours:
1. my clan is always 100%
2. I have my team of 25s
3. I'm level 20 in brewing
4. uhhh gotta work on this one I never have anything
5. I've been saving up and storing in my vault. I was going to buy genes but I'll save it for this holiday instead.

okay! That settles it! I need to stockpile my materials, I'll bookmark that other guide you linked. Thanks again.
Always seeking dragons with interesting colors, Buying thread Stock the Pond! Breeding Challenge
he/him
twenties
mentally ill
about me / FAQ
clan lore
arcane flight
pings ok
FR Time +3
Fandragons tab
Pastel Goth Imperial Hatchery, Selling thread Secondhand Dragons for sale, selling thread
Thank you for this! I joined Flight Rising in October (I think?) and so I've never been through NotN before. To be honest, I don't even know what will be going on, but I love surprises! I'll start following this list :)
Thank you for this! I joined Flight Rising in October (I think?) and so I've never been through NotN before. To be honest, I don't even know what will be going on, but I love surprises! I'll start following this list :)
Bu33PqP.png
Thanks for the advice!
Thanks for the advice!
I came here to obsessively collect unbred G1s and drink milk, and I'm all outta milk.
@MidnightLady05 Moved to the Guides forum :)
@MidnightLady05 Moved to the Guides forum :)
Well since now in Guide forum guess should make it an official guide and add in what to do during NotN. :-)
Well since now in Guide forum guess should make it an official guide and add in what to do during NotN. :-)
1 2 3 4 5 6