Back

Guides

Community created guides, helpful strategies, and more.
TOPIC | [Build] (GW one-fodder) Tinker tankers!
Hello everyone! I've been trying out a new build today, and while it definitely needs sone [i]tinkering[/i] (ha), I feel it's ready to be opened for testing. I'd like to pretty this up with some feedback if I get any, but otherwise this build is functional. [center][b]Introducing: the TINKER TANKERS[/b] Golem Workshop fighters extraordinaire[/center] [u][b]What is this build for?:[/b][/u] This build is for a pair of dragons able to fight in the Golem Workshop with one fodder dragon! Concretely, this build is slower than any two-fodder build. It's also likely slower than a one-fodder Kelp Beds build, but I think it's a relatively close match (it might depend on which level you're going up to because battle experience does not match exactly what is needed for each level). Why use it then? If you want to farm in the Golem Workshop, it's going to be tedious. It will take time, more focus than training fodder, and it's not very rewarding. With this build however, you can now make your farming a bit more efficient, and make some exalting cash on the way! But if all you want is to farm in the Workshop, see the notes at the end for suggestions. Note that such a build already exists, and makes use of a mage and a warrior. It is called the [url=http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/gde/1666709]Workshop Workers[/url] by @Celelorien. I made this build because I found the mage and warrior to be a bit too hard to consistently keep alive, and I kept messing up the rotation. However, it might fit better for other people. Variety is good! More builds mean more chances that you find what fits you! [b][u]The build[/u][/b] This build is based on two dragons: a [b]damage dealer[/b] and a [b]tank[/b]. You can go with pretty much any element you want, but Nature and Fire dragons will resist, or at least not be weak against any elemental caster. Because yes, in this build, the worst damage you will get is from casters, not physical attackers! That said, for my pair I went with the dragons I had on hand, so their elements are not optimal. Without further ado, here are my dragons. Apologies for the stones apparent in the down right corner. [b]The damage dealer[/b] [img]https://i.imgur.com/APfQdo1.png[/img] You only really need an [item=Eliminate]. [item=Rally] and/or [item=Haste] are recommended for a bit more viability in the venue though. [b]The tank[/b] [img]https://i.imgur.com/yU7veli.png[/img] The stones are all necessary here. A variant using Anticipate instead of Meditate will be discussed a bit later. [b][u]How does it work?[/u][/b] If you take a look at the stats of the damage dealer, you will notice an absurdly high speed stat. That does translate as an absurd speed in the workshop, especially once you've used Haste on your dragon. The tank, on the other hand, is an absolute HP beast. It can take a dozen scratches without fear, and the [item=Aid] stone makes them a good support, either so it can last longer, or to heal your damage dealer when something gets through. The idea is to make sure this dragon gets hit as often as possible, to spare your squishier damage dealer. Concretely, you will want to make your tank your first dragon, and your damage dealer the middle one. Your damage dealer has enough strength to kill ennemies with an unrallied scratch, and a rallied Eliminate. When rallied, it can also kill with 4 scratches.The idea is to always use scratch or eliminate with your dragon, and never any of the boosts when possible. Your tank, on the other hand, can take hit and will be there only for support. The priority is to maintain Guard on your damage dealer when facing physical ennemies, then make sure rally is applied. Haste is only really necessary at the beginning of the fight, or if you get dodged and need to build up breath again. Be warned though that [i]Guard does not always trigger[/i], so you will need to heal your damage dealer somewhat regularly. So far, I have found it works enough to make this build run smoothly unless you're very unlucky. [b][u]What does it mean in terms of rotation?[/u][/b] Alright, here's a couple detailed fight scenarios. [u]Building breath[/u] Enemy pack in this example is constituted of three attackers, none of them a Mistral minion or the arcane counterpart (who are slightly faster). - Tank uses Rally and Haste on your damage dealer. - Damage dealer scratches one of the enemies three times. - Tank uses Guard on the damage dealer. - Damage dealer scratches the same enemy again, killing them (unless the enemy dodged) - Enemies attack - Damage dealer scratches one of the enemies - Tank uses Rally on the hitter - Damage dealer scratches the other remaining enemy From then on, the tank can use Meditate while the hitter finishes the enemies with Eliminate. The principle stays true with faster enemies and with four-packs. For this last one you might want to use Haste instead of Rally at first when re-buffing your damage dealer, then Rally them. That way, your damage dealer gets as many turns as possible. Starting on a boss is possible, but will be detailed later, and might require you use the Anticipate variation. [b]When breath is at least 35[/b] The principle is the same, but instead of scratching four times in the beginning, your damage dealer can start scratch+eliminating enemies. Don't forget to Rally them a second time though, and make sure to only Guard them at your tank's third turn so it lasts longer. When your tank is free to do so, heal if you can or Meditate. Be mindful however that your tank has a [i]massive[/i] health pool, so healing them won't fill it up much. It looks much more effective on your damage dealer, who has less than half of your tank's HP. [b][u]Priorities?[/u][/b] Which enemy to take down first? Always go for a physical ennemy, as they are guaranteed to bang you up when they attack (unless you dodge or they go for your fodder dragon). When faced with a pack of two or less physical attackers and with breath built up, that means you can make sure they never hit any of your dragons at all. When you face casters, go for the ones who are strong against your dragons if there are any. Another thing to keep in mind is that some monsters are faster than others. The minions are faster than other enemies, which is annoying. I don't think there are packs of them mixed in with other casters, but if there are, target the minions first. Otherwise, just be ready to see your rotation a bit changed. The monkeys and the miths also have slightly different speeds. It doesn't change much, but you can probably be a bit more efficient against those packs if you target the right enemies first. I admit I forget it all the time, and it doesn't really make a difference. [b][u]The bosses[/u][/b] Okay, so first a disclaimer: I haven't yet fought a boss with the Meditate stone instead of the Anticipate one, so I am conjecturing here. However, from the experience I had: 1) you can definitely start against a boss with Anticipate as your tank's main stone. 2) the tactic is simply to keep Haste up on both dragons, Guard on your damage dealer, and then and only then Rally damage dealer. Taking on the bosses is one of the main reasons I recommend your damage dealer be outfitted with Rally and Haste. Your tank's main role against bosses is to stay alive, guard your damage dealer, and make sure they stay alive too. That means sometimes they do not have enough turns to also buff your damage dealer, or they might not be able to use haste on themselves. This is the main situation where your damage dealer will also buff themselves and/or the tank. [b][u]Why Meditate and not Anticipate?[/u][/b] Anticipate is a perfectly valid choice! It's what this build started with, and it works well enough. The reason I went with Meditate is that it offers more flexibility on its timing, and only requires to be used once to get 30 breath. It definitely feels faster to not have to rely on using Anticipate at the right time and get the one hit the enemies can dish out in a perfect fight scenario. However! Anticipate offers a bit more viability, mostly against the bosses. This is a part where I feel more testing is definitely needed. [b][u]And if I don't want to train fodder?[/u][/b] This is something I haven't tried myself, but if you go with three damage dealers, you get twelve turns to kill your enemies before they can hit you. This should be enough to kill any pack that is not a boss. If someone wants to test this out, I'd be more than happy to report the results here! [b][u]Do you need help?[/u][/b] Yes! I am pretty satisfied with the build as is, but it is bound to be open to small optimisations. I am also very open to suggestions or criticism about the guide itself. I know that it is a bit ugly in formatting, and the info might not be presented in the best way either. If you want to help me make it better, you are welcome! Finally, thanks to @rainfrog for the name. Love the way it sounds C: And thanks to @sylvandyr for their very useful tool about enemy stats and coli stats previews!
Hello everyone!

I've been trying out a new build today, and while it definitely needs sone tinkering (ha), I feel it's ready to be opened for testing. I'd like to pretty this up with some feedback if I get any, but otherwise this build is functional.
Introducing: the TINKER TANKERS
Golem Workshop fighters extraordinaire

What is this build for?:
This build is for a pair of dragons able to fight in the Golem Workshop with one fodder dragon!
Concretely, this build is slower than any two-fodder build. It's also likely slower than a one-fodder Kelp Beds build, but I think it's a relatively close match (it might depend on which level you're going up to because battle experience does not match exactly what is needed for each level).

Why use it then? If you want to farm in the Golem Workshop, it's going to be tedious. It will take time, more focus than training fodder, and it's not very rewarding. With this build however, you can now make your farming a bit more efficient, and make some exalting cash on the way! But if all you want is to farm in the Workshop, see the notes at the end for suggestions.

Note that such a build already exists, and makes use of a mage and a warrior. It is called the Workshop Workers by @Celelorien. I made this build because I found the mage and warrior to be a bit too hard to consistently keep alive, and I kept messing up the rotation. However, it might fit better for other people. Variety is good! More builds mean more chances that you find what fits you!

The build
This build is based on two dragons: a damage dealer and a tank.
You can go with pretty much any element you want, but Nature and Fire dragons will resist, or at least not be weak against any elemental caster. Because yes, in this build, the worst damage you will get is from casters, not physical attackers!
That said, for my pair I went with the dragons I had on hand, so their elements are not optimal.

Without further ado, here are my dragons. Apologies for the stones apparent in the down right corner.
The damage dealer
APfQdo1.png
You only really need an Eliminate . Rally and/or Haste are recommended for a bit more viability in the venue though.

The tank
yU7veli.png
The stones are all necessary here.
A variant using Anticipate instead of Meditate will be discussed a bit later.

How does it work?
If you take a look at the stats of the damage dealer, you will notice an absurdly high speed stat. That does translate as an absurd speed in the workshop, especially once you've used Haste on your dragon.
The tank, on the other hand, is an absolute HP beast. It can take a dozen scratches without fear, and the Aid stone makes them a good support, either so it can last longer, or to heal your damage dealer when something gets through. The idea is to make sure this dragon gets hit as often as possible, to spare your squishier damage dealer.

Concretely, you will want to make your tank your first dragon, and your damage dealer the middle one.
Your damage dealer has enough strength to kill ennemies with an unrallied scratch, and a rallied Eliminate. When rallied, it can also kill with 4 scratches.The idea is to always use scratch or eliminate with your dragon, and never any of the boosts when possible. Your tank, on the other hand, can take hit and will be there only for support. The priority is to maintain Guard on your damage dealer when facing physical ennemies, then make sure rally is applied. Haste is only really necessary at the beginning of the fight, or if you get dodged and need to build up breath again.

Be warned though that Guard does not always trigger, so you will need to heal your damage dealer somewhat regularly. So far, I have found it works enough to make this build run smoothly unless you're very unlucky.

What does it mean in terms of rotation?
Alright, here's a couple detailed fight scenarios.

Building breath
Enemy pack in this example is constituted of three attackers, none of them a Mistral minion or the arcane counterpart (who are slightly faster).
- Tank uses Rally and Haste on your damage dealer.
- Damage dealer scratches one of the enemies three times.
- Tank uses Guard on the damage dealer.
- Damage dealer scratches the same enemy again, killing them (unless the enemy dodged)
- Enemies attack
- Damage dealer scratches one of the enemies
- Tank uses Rally on the hitter
- Damage dealer scratches the other remaining enemy
From then on, the tank can use Meditate while the hitter finishes the enemies with Eliminate.

The principle stays true with faster enemies and with four-packs. For this last one you might want to use Haste instead of Rally at first when re-buffing your damage dealer, then Rally them. That way, your damage dealer gets as many turns as possible.
Starting on a boss is possible, but will be detailed later, and might require you use the Anticipate variation.

When breath is at least 35
The principle is the same, but instead of scratching four times in the beginning, your damage dealer can start scratch+eliminating enemies. Don't forget to Rally them a second time though, and make sure to only Guard them at your tank's third turn so it lasts longer.
When your tank is free to do so, heal if you can or Meditate. Be mindful however that your tank has a massive health pool, so healing them won't fill it up much. It looks much more effective on your damage dealer, who has less than half of your tank's HP.

Priorities?
Which enemy to take down first? Always go for a physical ennemy, as they are guaranteed to bang you up when they attack (unless you dodge or they go for your fodder dragon).
When faced with a pack of two or less physical attackers and with breath built up, that means you can make sure they never hit any of your dragons at all.
When you face casters, go for the ones who are strong against your dragons if there are any.

Another thing to keep in mind is that some monsters are faster than others. The minions are faster than other enemies, which is annoying. I don't think there are packs of them mixed in with other casters, but if there are, target the minions first. Otherwise, just be ready to see your rotation a bit changed.
The monkeys and the miths also have slightly different speeds. It doesn't change much, but you can probably be a bit more efficient against those packs if you target the right enemies first. I admit I forget it all the time, and it doesn't really make a difference.

The bosses
Okay, so first a disclaimer: I haven't yet fought a boss with the Meditate stone instead of the Anticipate one, so I am conjecturing here.
However, from the experience I had:
1) you can definitely start against a boss with Anticipate as your tank's main stone.
2) the tactic is simply to keep Haste up on both dragons, Guard on your damage dealer, and then and only then Rally damage dealer.

Taking on the bosses is one of the main reasons I recommend your damage dealer be outfitted with Rally and Haste. Your tank's main role against bosses is to stay alive, guard your damage dealer, and make sure they stay alive too. That means sometimes they do not have enough turns to also buff your damage dealer, or they might not be able to use haste on themselves. This is the main situation where your damage dealer will also buff themselves and/or the tank.

Why Meditate and not Anticipate?
Anticipate is a perfectly valid choice! It's what this build started with, and it works well enough.
The reason I went with Meditate is that it offers more flexibility on its timing, and only requires to be used once to get 30 breath. It definitely feels faster to not have to rely on using Anticipate at the right time and get the one hit the enemies can dish out in a perfect fight scenario.
However! Anticipate offers a bit more viability, mostly against the bosses. This is a part where I feel more testing is definitely needed.

And if I don't want to train fodder?
This is something I haven't tried myself, but if you go with three damage dealers, you get twelve turns to kill your enemies before they can hit you. This should be enough to kill any pack that is not a boss. If someone wants to test this out, I'd be more than happy to report the results here!

Do you need help?
Yes! I am pretty satisfied with the build as is, but it is bound to be open to small optimisations.
I am also very open to suggestions or criticism about the guide itself. I know that it is a bit ugly in formatting, and the info might not be presented in the best way either. If you want to help me make it better, you are welcome!

Finally, thanks to @rainfrog for the name. Love the way it sounds C:
And thanks to @sylvandyr for their very useful tool about enemy stats and coli stats previews!
2H1KHHC.png
hhnnnnnng definitely need to grind myself a few more lv25s so i can play with this!! it looks really fun!!!!
hhnnnnnng definitely need to grind myself a few more lv25s so i can play with this!! it looks really fun!!!!
tumblr_o0zdk7U6M21u3wsjco6_250.png a1rYPJ5.png

gASzi6V.pngtP5PUOX.png

they/them; +17fr
doodle art