Back

Guides

Community created guides, helpful strategies, and more.
TOPIC | [Build] Workshop Crew - Two Dragon Team
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
This is a build for long runs in the Golem Workshop, in particular for taking down the bosses, with some training on the side. In the [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/gde/2573219#post_36366059]second post[/url] is an adjustment to this build for use in the Forbidden Portal as well. ----- [size=5][u][b]The builds:[/b][/u][/size] [columns][center] [size=5][u][b]Fighter:[/b][/u][/size] [img]http://i.imgur.com/p5GPmmS.png[/img] [img]http://i.imgur.com/NLunQ1L.png[/img] [/center] [nextcol] [center] [size=5][u][b]Mage:[/b][/u][/size] [img]http://i.imgur.com/qsxUneU.png[/img] [img]http://i.imgur.com/kYUfGbw.png[/img] [/center] [/columns] ----- [size=5][u][b]Move sequencing:[/b][/u][/size] [size=4][b]Start up:[/b][/size] [LIST] [*] Mage: haste on fighter [*] Mage: rally on fighter [*] Fighter: scratch [*] Fighter: scratch [*] Fighter: scratch [*] Mage: haste on mage [*] Fighter: scratch (kill 1) [*] enemies turns [*] Mage: haste on fighter [*] Fighter: scratch [*] Mage: rally on fighter [*] Fighter: scratch the other [*] enemies turns [*] Mage: meditate [*] Fighter: eliminate [*] Mage: meditate [*] Fighter: eliminate [/LIST] [size=4][b]Recovery:[/b][/size] [LIST] [*] Mage: haste on mage [*] Mage: haste on fighter [*] Fighter: scratch one enemy [*] Fighter: scratch another enemy [*] Mage: rally on fighter [*] Fighter: eliminate [*] Mage: contuse the third enemy [*] Fighter: eliminate [*] enemy turn [*] Mage: meditate / aid [*] Fighter: eliminate [/LIST] [size=4][b]Sustain:[/b][/size] [LIST] [*] Mage: contuse [*] Mage: rally on fighter [*] Fighter: eliminate [*] Fighter: scratch [*] Mage: contuse [*] Fighter: eliminate [*] enemy turn [*] Mage: meditate [*] Fighter: eliminate [/LIST] [size=4][b]Boss:[/b][/size] [LIST] [*]Mage: haste on mage [*]Mage: haste on fighter [*]Fighter: rally on fighter [*]Fighter: shred [*]Mage: contuse [*]Fighter: scratch [*]Mage: aid/meditate/contuse [*]Fighter: scratch/eliminate [*]boss turn [*]Mage: haste on mage [Start of mage cycle] [*]Fighter: scratch/eliminate [*]Mage: haste on fighter [*]Fighter: scratch/eliminate [*]boss turn [*]Mage: rally on fighter [*]Fighter: scratch/eliminate [*]Mage: aid/meditate/contuse [*]Fighter: scratch/eliminate [*]boss turn [*]Mage: aid/meditate/contuse [End of mage cycle] [*]Fighter: scratch/eliminate [*]Mage: haste on mage [Repeat cycle] [*]Fighter: shred/scratch/eliminate [/LIST] ----- [size=5][u][b]Example Leveling Times (in minutes):[/b][/u][/size] 5 - 2:43 6 - 4:19 7 - 6:56 8 - 9:08 9 - 13:58 10 - 20:12 ----- [size=5][u][b]Reasoning:[/b][/u][/size] [size=4][u][b]Stats:[/b][/u][/size] The goal of this build is to farm for a boss familiar drop and to level dragons on the side. With this in mind, both dragons need to reach at least 110 quickness with haste to get twice as many turns as the bosses. With that much speed, the most appropriate breakpoint for strength is 110, allowing for scratch + rallied eliminate on all basic enemies. The remaining points on the fighter go to increasing quickness for additional double turns against basic enemies when using haste and then to vitality for survivability. For the mage, intelligence needs to be at least 108 to set up for an eliminate with contuse. There is a breakpoint at 25 vitality, to tank a super effective crit from a bolter (like a swift lumen). The mage has enough points to reach this. (Killing the whole pack is usually more useful than surviving an improbable crit, which is why the fighter has speed over this extra vitality.) The remaining points also go to vitality for additional survivability. The highest damaging enemies are the bosses and the bolters, which are split between physical and magical damage. With healing, the chip damage does not really matter too much; the concern is getting one-shot. For this reason, the build uses vitality over defense or mind. As for agility, at best it offers a random effect and at worst it does nothing at all. Since the other stats offer more reliable benefits, I went with those instead. [size=4][u][b]Stones:[/b][/u][/size] The fighter stones are pretty simple. Scratch, eliminate, ambush, and berserker are all pretty stock. Shred has the best value of damage/breath so works well against the boss. Rally on the fighter opens up a sequencing against the boss that allows for more healing, if you get a boss following a rough wave. The fourth stone could be an elemental slash if you are using an element where that matters against the boss. I am using plague, which is weak against the bosses, so have sap slotted there for when I take the fighter to another zone. The mage stones deserve more consideration. Meditate, scholar, and ambush are stock, but the rest are more interesting. Rally and haste are there to buff the fighter so it can keep killing faster than the enemies can act. The other two stones need to be a source of damage to set up eliminates and a source of healing to sustain the run. Contuse could swap for disorient or shock (with some slight stat modifications). Disorient offers a faster kill against a boss, but also opens up more ways to die and end the run. I opted for the safer plan with contuse. Aid and regeneration both provide healing. Regeneration does offer more healing over the length of the buff. However, the spare healing turns usually come at the end of the wave, meaning that the immediate healing of aid is more useful. [size=4][u][b]Overall:[/b][/u][/size] Since the goal of the build is to sustain and to easily take down bosses, it really needed to be a mage/fighter pair for the healing. From there, the options seemed to be high strength/low speed or a more balanced split. The higher speed seemed better against the bosses, as mentioned above, while also offering more free recovery turns during the normal waves, without too much of a slowdown. [size=4][u][b]Elements:[/b][/u][/size] Really, any element is fine. Optimal though is probably nature or fire on the fighter, and earth, ice, or wind on the mage. Fire and nature are weak to only two mages and one boss each, while also resisting two mages each. Earth, ice, and wind, each weak to three mages while also resisting two mages and one boss each. With the 20 vitality, the fighter will die to any super effective elemental crit. Fire and nature give the lowest chances of that happening. With 27 vitality, the mage can survive a super effective elemental bolt crit if at almost full health (at least 1267/1290). A super effective elemental slash crit from the boss however will always be a one shot KO. Therefore, the bosses are the biggest danger, making earth, ice, and wind the best elements. However, I am personally using plague, which is the absolute worst elements for the zone as it is weak to four mages and one boss while offering no beneficial resistances. Even still, and I rarely have an issue. Super effective critical hits are rare. If you choose wind, water, nature, lightning, shadow, or fire for your fighter, I would use the elemental slash, since it will help against one of the bosses. ----- [size=5][u][b]Acknowledgements:[/b][/u][/size] Sylvandyr for the [url=https://fir-fr-coli-skills.firebaseapp.com/]Enemy Stat Tool[/url], the [url=https://syl-fr-coli-stat-preview.firebaseapp.com/]Player Stat Preview[/url], and the [url=http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/gde/967048]Damage Calculations[/url] Maki for the [url=http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/gde/1344211]Battle Stone Guide[/url] Georgieanna for the [url=http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/gde/608964]Elemental Effectiveness Chart [/url] Amayai for the [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/gde/2858083]Element by Venue Guide[/url]
This is a build for long runs in the Golem Workshop, in particular for taking down the bosses, with some training on the side.

In the second post is an adjustment to this build for use in the Forbidden Portal as well.
The builds:
Fighter:
p5GPmmS.png
NLunQ1L.png
Mage:
qsxUneU.png
kYUfGbw.png

Move sequencing:

Start up:
  • Mage: haste on fighter
  • Mage: rally on fighter
  • Fighter: scratch
  • Mage: haste on mage
  • Fighter: scratch (kill 1)
  • enemies turns
  • Fighter: scratch the other
  • enemies turns
  • Mage: meditate
  • Fighter: eliminate

Recovery:
  • Fighter: scratch one enemy
  • Fighter: scratch another enemy
  • Mage: contuse the third enemy
  • enemy turn
  • Mage: meditate / aid

Sustain:
  • Mage: contuse
  • enemy turn

Boss:
  • Fighter: rally on fighter
  • Fighter: shred
  • Mage: aid/meditate/contuse
  • Fighter: scratch/eliminate
  • boss turn
  • Mage: haste on mage [Start of mage cycle]
  • boss turn
  • Mage: aid/meditate/contuse
  • boss turn
  • Mage: aid/meditate/contuse [End of mage cycle]
  • Mage: haste on mage [Repeat cycle]
  • Fighter: shred/scratch/eliminate

Example Leveling Times (in minutes):
5 - 2:43
6 - 4:19
7 - 6:56
8 - 9:08
9 - 13:58
10 - 20:12

Reasoning:

Stats:
The goal of this build is to farm for a boss familiar drop and to level dragons on the side. With this in mind, both dragons need to reach at least 110 quickness with haste to get twice as many turns as the bosses.

With that much speed, the most appropriate breakpoint for strength is 110, allowing for scratch + rallied eliminate on all basic enemies. The remaining points on the fighter go to increasing quickness for additional double turns against basic enemies when using haste and then to vitality for survivability.

For the mage, intelligence needs to be at least 108 to set up for an eliminate with contuse. There is a breakpoint at 25 vitality, to tank a super effective crit from a bolter (like a swift lumen). The mage has enough points to reach this. (Killing the whole pack is usually more useful than surviving an improbable crit, which is why the fighter has speed over this extra vitality.) The remaining points also go to vitality for additional survivability.

The highest damaging enemies are the bosses and the bolters, which are split between physical and magical damage. With healing, the chip damage does not really matter too much; the concern is getting one-shot. For this reason, the build uses vitality over defense or mind. As for agility, at best it offers a random effect and at worst it does nothing at all. Since the other stats offer more reliable benefits, I went with those instead.

Stones:
The fighter stones are pretty simple. Scratch, eliminate, ambush, and berserker are all pretty stock. Shred has the best value of damage/breath so works well against the boss. Rally on the fighter opens up a sequencing against the boss that allows for more healing, if you get a boss following a rough wave. The fourth stone could be an elemental slash if you are using an element where that matters against the boss. I am using plague, which is weak against the bosses, so have sap slotted there for when I take the fighter to another zone.

The mage stones deserve more consideration. Meditate, scholar, and ambush are stock, but the rest are more interesting. Rally and haste are there to buff the fighter so it can keep killing faster than the enemies can act. The other two stones need to be a source of damage to set up eliminates and a source of healing to sustain the run. Contuse could swap for disorient or shock (with some slight stat modifications). Disorient offers a faster kill against a boss, but also opens up more ways to die and end the run. I opted for the safer plan with contuse. Aid and regeneration both provide healing. Regeneration does offer more healing over the length of the buff. However, the spare healing turns usually come at the end of the wave, meaning that the immediate healing of aid is more useful.

Overall:
Since the goal of the build is to sustain and to easily take down bosses, it really needed to be a mage/fighter pair for the healing. From there, the options seemed to be high strength/low speed or a more balanced split. The higher speed seemed better against the bosses, as mentioned above, while also offering more free recovery turns during the normal waves, without too much of a slowdown.

Elements:
Really, any element is fine. Optimal though is probably nature or fire on the fighter, and earth, ice, or wind on the mage.

Fire and nature are weak to only two mages and one boss each, while also resisting two mages each. Earth, ice, and wind, each weak to three mages while also resisting two mages and one boss each.

With the 20 vitality, the fighter will die to any super effective elemental crit. Fire and nature give the lowest chances of that happening. With 27 vitality, the mage can survive a super effective elemental bolt crit if at almost full health (at least 1267/1290). A super effective elemental slash crit from the boss however will always be a one shot KO. Therefore, the bosses are the biggest danger, making earth, ice, and wind the best elements.

However, I am personally using plague, which is the absolute worst elements for the zone as it is weak to four mages and one boss while offering no beneficial resistances. Even still, and I rarely have an issue. Super effective critical hits are rare.

If you choose wind, water, nature, lightning, shadow, or fire for your fighter, I would use the elemental slash, since it will help against one of the bosses.

Acknowledgements:

Sylvandyr for the Enemy Stat Tool, the Player Stat Preview, and the Damage Calculations

Maki for the Battle Stone Guide

Georgieanna for the Elemental Effectiveness Chart

Amayai for the Element by Venue Guide
Forbidden Portal / Golem Workshop Hybrid Build

Fighter:
STR: 111 (96 + 15)
VIT: 15
QCK: 82 (73 + 9)

Mage:
VIT: 27
INT: 108 (93 + 15)

NOTE: The only difference from the Golem Workshop build is 1 more point of STR on the fighter, and 5 fewer points of VIT to accomidate this.

Credit to Maki for this adjustment

Stats:
As another level 25 zone, the Forbidden Portal is very similar to the Golem Workshop. Without any modification, this build is functional in that zone as well. However, the two Bilworper are slightly tankier than anything in the Golem Workshop and so you need slightly more damage to take them out with a Contuse and a Rallied Eliminate. Upping the fighter to 111 STR is enough.

Elements:
Again, really, any element is fine. Optimal here is probably fire on the fighter, and wind or fire on the mage.

Fire is the best element for the Forbidden Portal, only weak to one mage and resisting two mages and a boss. Fortunately, Fire is also good in the Golem Workshop, so that's probably the best element for the fighter.

For the mage, Wind comes back into consideration. The mage build has more VIT, and so while at near full health, can survive a super-effective caster bolt crit. (The fighter does not have enough VIT for this.) However, a crit on a super effective elemental attack from a boss is always a KO. Fire is weak to a boss in the Workshop, and so risks a one-shot there. The downside to Wind though is that it is weak to two different mages in the Portal and so will take more chip damage in that zone. In short, Fire risks a one-shot in the Workshop, Wind takes more average damage in the Portal. I think either one is a fine choice. I prefer avoiding one-shots and so would pick Wind, but Fire will likely take less damage overall, given how rare it is for an enemy to crit. Both are very reasonable choices.
Forbidden Portal / Golem Workshop Hybrid Build

Fighter:
STR: 111 (96 + 15)
VIT: 15

Mage:
VIT: 27
INT: 108 (93 + 15)

NOTE: The only difference from the Golem Workshop build is 1 more point of STR on the fighter, and 5 fewer points of VIT to accomidate this.

Credit to Maki for this adjustment

Stats:
As another level 25 zone, the Forbidden Portal is very similar to the Golem Workshop. Without any modification, this build is functional in that zone as well. However, the two Bilworper are slightly tankier than anything in the Golem Workshop and so you need slightly more damage to take them out with a Contuse and a Rallied Eliminate. Upping the fighter to 111 STR is enough.

Elements:
Again, really, any element is fine. Optimal here is probably fire on the fighter, and wind or fire on the mage.

Fire is the best element for the Forbidden Portal, only weak to one mage and resisting two mages and a boss. Fortunately, Fire is also good in the Golem Workshop, so that's probably the best element for the fighter.

For the mage, Wind comes back into consideration. The mage build has more VIT, and so while at near full health, can survive a super-effective caster bolt crit. (The fighter does not have enough VIT for this.) However, a crit on a super effective elemental attack from a boss is always a KO. Fire is weak to a boss in the Workshop, and so risks a one-shot there. The downside to Wind though is that it is weak to two different mages in the Portal and so will take more chip damage in that zone. In short, Fire risks a one-shot in the Workshop, Wind takes more average damage in the Portal. I think either one is a fine choice. I prefer avoiding one-shots and so would pick Wind, but Fire will likely take less damage overall, given how rare it is for an enemy to crit. Both are very reasonable choices.
Thanks for taking the time to write this out! I've been longing for a reason to call a mage dragon Optimal, AND a reason to get the heck out of the Mire.

I'm surprised more people haven't been picking up on this- I guess it's because it takes awhile to train up dragons and try out new builds? But knowing that you crunch numbers for Fun, I feel super confident in locking my dragons' stats in.
Thanks for taking the time to write this out! I've been longing for a reason to call a mage dragon Optimal, AND a reason to get the heck out of the Mire.

I'm surprised more people haven't been picking up on this- I guess it's because it takes awhile to train up dragons and try out new builds? But knowing that you crunch numbers for Fun, I feel super confident in locking my dragons' stats in.
Hi!
I only just stumbled onto your build, and I find the coincidence funny as I just came up with another GW one-fodder build! :D
I might actually try to use your your mage alongside my damage dealer, I haven't yet tried to use a second dragon as fast as the first ^^
Hi!
I only just stumbled onto your build, and I find the coincidence funny as I just came up with another GW one-fodder build! :D
I might actually try to use your your mage alongside my damage dealer, I haven't yet tried to use a second dragon as fast as the first ^^
2H1KHHC.png
@Irien

I hope this build works for you!

A key part of this build is that the mage acts as a secondary damage dealer, responsible for preparing 2/3rds of the eliminates. With the combat roles split in that way, I can kill most enemies before they even act. The high speed lets this all fit together.
@Irien

I hope this build works for you!

A key part of this build is that the mage acts as a secondary damage dealer, responsible for preparing 2/3rds of the eliminates. With the combat roles split in that way, I can kill most enemies before they even act. The high speed lets this all fit together.
@Safir

I am glad you like this build! I hope it works out optimally.
@Safir

I am glad you like this build! I hope it works out optimally.
@RageAsylum
Uh, interesting! I've been trying to use a tank (because no one ever uses a tank, and that's just sad) and it works well, but probably not as fast as your build. However, it is very viable, and a nice change in the builds scenery.
That said, I had indeed been wondering about having a faster support dragon, and now I really want to try out your mage! I'll get my mage up to 25 and definitely give it a go!
@RageAsylum
Uh, interesting! I've been trying to use a tank (because no one ever uses a tank, and that's just sad) and it works well, but probably not as fast as your build. However, it is very viable, and a nice change in the builds scenery.
That said, I had indeed been wondering about having a faster support dragon, and now I really want to try out your mage! I'll get my mage up to 25 and definitely give it a go!
2H1KHHC.png
@rillia need this later!
@rillia need this later!
aexwQzu.png qoDOYoI.png aOWnmOK.png
@roy mentioned they were interested in this build so just tagging em rq
@roy mentioned they were interested in this build so just tagging em rq
@RageAsylum I tried this build and it works amazingly well with the turn order fix for Coli 2.0. It's easily sustainable forever with little-to-no risk of losing a single dragon.

The move sequences are solid too. I change some of the skill weaving if there are misses, and I prefer first Haste on mage when starting up, but other than that, I use a very similar sequence.

Thanks so much for this great build and guide! Very smooth flow and solid stat choices.
@RageAsylum I tried this build and it works amazingly well with the turn order fix for Coli 2.0. It's easily sustainable forever with little-to-no risk of losing a single dragon.

The move sequences are solid too. I change some of the skill weaving if there are misses, and I prefer first Haste on mage when starting up, but other than that, I use a very similar sequence.

Thanks so much for this great build and guide! Very smooth flow and solid stat choices.
Bonsai pixels (tofu and tea motif) by miirshroom
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8