Back

Guides

Community created guides, helpful strategies, and more.
TOPIC | G&G | Hard Mode Made Easy!
1 2 3 4
[center][b][size=5]G&G HARD MODE ODD TILE SOLVING MADE EASY[/size][/b][/center] ----- [center][i]If you know how to solve down, but none of the other guides are making sense when you get to that odd tile in a row that won't go away, or if you're like me and can't remember what you're supposed to do without having a guide pulled up as you play...[/i] Then this guide is probably made for you.[/center] [center]Don't know how to solve down? Read that funky fresh [url=http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/gde/2551563#post_35888761]new section[/url] first![/center] ----- [center][font=Microsoft Sans Serif][b][size=4]To begin, all you have to do is solve down until you run into a problem. Then, do whichever of these steps are applicable, from top to bottom:[/size][/b][/font][/center] [center][img]https://i.imgur.com/MiWAdS7.png[/img][/center] [font=Microsoft Sans Serif] • If the odd tile is in the middle [b][color=red](RED)[/color] row[/b], click all tiles in the [b]same row[/b]. • If the odd tile is in the row with the [b][color=blue]BLUE[/color] dot[/b], click all tiles in the row with the [b][color=blue]BLUE[/color] line[/b]. • If the odd tile is in the row with the [b][color=green]GREEN[/color] dot[/b], click all tiles in the row with the [b][color=green]GREEN[/color] line[/b]. [center] [u]In short:[/u] [color=red]Odd row [b]4[/b], click row [b]4[/b][/color] [color=blue]Odd row [b]5[/b], click row [b]2[/b][/color] [color=green]Odd row [b]6[/b], click row [b]3[/b][/color][/font][/center] ----- [size=3][b]Then continue solving down until you a) run into another problem or b) solve the puzzle.[/b] And...that's it. That's the entire guide. You might have to do more than one of these in a single puzzle - perhaps all three - but you'll get there. It usually takes me less than half as many seconds as moves to complete the puzzle on PC, and a third as many seconds as moves on my phone. Click [url=https://i.imgur.com/kKbxNhY.gif][b][u]HERE[/u][/b][/url] for a demonstration of all three steps in action. [size=1](You're free to judge me for solving for light.)[/size] Click [url=https://i.imgur.com/G0HGH1U.png][b][u]HERE[/u][/b][/url] for a more colorblind-friendly image! -----
G&G HARD MODE ODD TILE SOLVING MADE EASY

If you know how to solve down, but none of the other guides are making sense when you get to that odd tile in a row that won't go away, or if you're like me and can't remember what you're supposed to do without having a guide pulled up as you play... Then this guide is probably made for you.
Don't know how to solve down? Read that funky fresh new section first!

To begin, all you have to do is solve down until you run into a problem.
Then, do whichever of these steps are applicable, from top to bottom:
MiWAdS7.png

• If the odd tile is in the middle (RED) row, click all tiles in the same row.

• If the odd tile is in the row with the BLUE dot, click all tiles in the row with the BLUE line.

• If the odd tile is in the row with the GREEN dot, click all tiles in the row with the GREEN line.

In short:
Odd row 4, click row 4
Odd row 5, click row 2
Odd row 6, click row 3

Then continue solving down until you a) run into another problem or b) solve the puzzle. And...that's it. That's the entire guide. You might have to do more than one of these in a single puzzle - perhaps all three - but you'll get there. It usually takes me less than half as many seconds as moves to complete the puzzle on PC, and a third as many seconds as moves on my phone.

Click HERE for a demonstration of all three steps in action.
(You're free to judge me for solving for light.)
Click HERE for a more colorblind-friendly image!

[center][size=6]Solving Down[/size][/center] [i]Solving down[/i] refers to making each row the same color, from top to bottom. [b]If you are [u]clearing the first row[/u], you'll always be [u]clicking in the second row[/u]. [/b] Pay no attention to what's happening in the row you're clicking on; you'll deal with it later. ----- [u][b]The Basic Rundown[/b][/u] [LIST] [*]Two tiles? Click between them on the row below. [*]One tile, going right? Click to the right on the row below. [*]One tile, going left? Click to the left on the row below. [/LIST] [center][size=5][b]So where exactly do I click?[/b][/size] [img]https://i.imgur.com/dgVWE9y.png[/img][/center] [size=4][b][color=red]*[/color][/b] | Click here if you want to [b]clear[/b] two tiles at once. [b][color=orange]X[/color][/b] | Click here if you want to [b]move[/b] a tile to the left. [b][color=green]+[/color][/b] | Click here if you want to [b]move[/b] a tile to the right. [b][color=aqua]O[/color][/b] | Click here if you want to [b]clear[/b] a tile off the board. [b][color=magenta]#[/color][/b] | Click here if you want to [b]move[/b] a tile to the left.[/size] ----- [center][size=4]But does it matter which direction I clear tiles in?[/size][/center] Nope. You could solve up and to the left if you wanted to. You'd just have to flip my problem-row-clearing-image upside down. I don't recommend it unless you're super bored. [center][size=4]Hey, wait, why can't I clear this one tile?[/size][/center] Are you in the middle row or below it? [url=http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/gde/2551563#post_2551563]Scroll up[/url] to see my guide on those pesky rows. [center][size=4]I still don't get it.[/size][/center] That's okay! If you're still determined, ping me (or other trainers) at the [url=http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/ibaz/2575112]Glimmer & Gloom Training Hub[/url]. I can use Discord to verbally walk you through each step, as well as screen share, so you can watch me play and I can watch you play. You don't need to have a microphone or talk if you don't want to. Or ping me here! I like pings. -----
Solving Down

Solving down refers to making each row the same color, from top to bottom.
If you are clearing the first row, you'll always be clicking in the second row.
Pay no attention to what's happening in the row you're clicking on; you'll deal with it later.

The Basic Rundown
  • Two tiles? Click between them on the row below.
  • One tile, going right? Click to the right on the row below.
  • One tile, going left? Click to the left on the row below.
So where exactly do I click?

dgVWE9y.png

* | Click here if you want to clear two tiles at once.
X | Click here if you want to move a tile to the left.
+ | Click here if you want to move a tile to the right.
O | Click here if you want to clear a tile off the board.
# | Click here if you want to move a tile to the left.

But does it matter which direction I clear tiles in?
Nope. You could solve up and to the left if you wanted to. You'd just have to flip my problem-row-clearing-image upside down. I don't recommend it unless you're super bored.
Hey, wait, why can't I clear this one tile?
Are you in the middle row or below it? Scroll up to see my guide on those pesky rows.
I still don't get it.
That's okay! If you're still determined, ping me (or other trainers) at the Glimmer & Gloom Training Hub. I can use Discord to verbally walk you through each step, as well as screen share, so you can watch me play and I can watch you play. You don't need to have a microphone or talk if you don't want to. Or ping me here! I like pings.
hey this helps a lot! it takes a little but more turns but I dont need to look up every round how to fix it. This is easy to remember!

Thanks for it
hey this helps a lot! it takes a little but more turns but I dont need to look up every round how to fix it. This is easy to remember!

Thanks for it
looking for adorable fluffy adoptables?
You can find them here
Oh my god, that third row trick is saving me SO much time; I knew about the second row and middle row, but this is shaving my matches down under thirty seconds each. Thank you so much for the guide!
Oh my god, that third row trick is saving me SO much time; I knew about the second row and middle row, but this is shaving my matches down under thirty seconds each. Thank you so much for the guide!
UZVTEBc.png
@sirspiderider Thanks so much for the guide! Yours is the only one that's made sense to me. If I might add a suggestion - maybe say that after you click all the tiles in the blue/green/red row (whichever you need), that you need to solve down again? Cause I clicked across the blue row and was confused when it didn't immediately clear the board. It took me a moment to realize I needed to solve down again, but after that I had no issues. =D

Thanks again!
@sirspiderider Thanks so much for the guide! Yours is the only one that's made sense to me. If I might add a suggestion - maybe say that after you click all the tiles in the blue/green/red row (whichever you need), that you need to solve down again? Cause I clicked across the blue row and was confused when it didn't immediately clear the board. It took me a moment to realize I needed to solve down again, but after that I had no issues. =D

Thanks again!
T2dQwoe.png jGUvBrP.png
Good point, @artemiswanderer - that's actually what tripped me up back when I was first doing VH puzzles. I'll add a note now, and it's great to hear the guide helped!
Good point, @artemiswanderer - that's actually what tripped me up back when I was first doing VH puzzles. I'll add a note now, and it's great to hear the guide helped!
Bless you for making this guide! I understood the other guides, I could just never remember them. However, considering I'm stuck playing FR on my phone most of the time, keeping a guide up for reference is a little impossible. I just maxed fairgrounds for the first time since Artifracture was the hot new thing, and I'm so happy I can actually make that 75kt so easily now! Bless you, bless this thread, and bless the fact this is so easy to remember so don't have to actually keep it up and only need to take a quick look to refresh my memory if I forget which row to click!
Bless you for making this guide! I understood the other guides, I could just never remember them. However, considering I'm stuck playing FR on my phone most of the time, keeping a guide up for reference is a little impossible. I just maxed fairgrounds for the first time since Artifracture was the hot new thing, and I'm so happy I can actually make that 75kt so easily now! Bless you, bless this thread, and bless the fact this is so easy to remember so don't have to actually keep it up and only need to take a quick look to refresh my memory if I forget which row to click!
oie_q8_X06_TYk_S4g3.png jjj
He/They
Sagittarius
Aspiring Witch
I'll be more likely to see responses if you ping me!
+3 FR Time
The Journey Ahead-
My Personal Quest Thread
OMG I'm NEVER playing Artifracture again! I've never understood how to solve until now <3 <3
OMG I'm NEVER playing Artifracture again! I've never understood how to solve until now <3 <3
df49450f-bfcd-11ea-95ce-9fded28effc3.gif6562f9dc-8e67-11e9-92c4-7feca4cd7373.gif
It's great to hear my guide's been of help! I have memory problems myself, so making my strategy easy to remember was a priority, and I'm glad I succeeded in doing that.
It's great to hear my guide's been of help! I have memory problems myself, so making my strategy easy to remember was a priority, and I'm glad I succeeded in doing that.
You are an angel, thank you! This guide is by far the easiest one to understand that I've come across. I'm finally able to do G+G!
You are an angel, thank you! This guide is by far the easiest one to understand that I've come across. I'm finally able to do G+G!
1 2 3 4