Back

Guides

Community created guides, helpful strategies, and more.
TOPIC | The Ultimate Flight Guide v3
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
@Fennelroot

Hi! Thank you for making this flight guide. However, I would like to point out that Arcane doms quite frequently, with at least one profit push every month and a conquest every couple of months. Just a month or so ago, we even had a big dom battle against the Plague Flight!

Second of all, I'd like to think of Arcane's community as quite tight-knit. We have several discord channels and one of the oldest Slack channels on the site, where everyone pretty much knows one another. Additionally, Arcane is one of the biggest flights, so we're always together like one big family!

Those are the two points that I think weren't accurately represented on the flight guide. If they could be altered to better reflect the Arcane Flight, that would be great.

Last of all, on a more serious (and subjective) note, I think before making a flight guide you should perhaps have an associate in each flight gathering data from every person possible. Not every flight has the same population, and so having only, let's say, 100 people represent each flight wouldn't make an accurate guide, especially for big flights like Arcane and Shadow. What might happen if you under-represent a flight? All 100 of the people might not be people involved with dom, and thus say their flight doesn't dom. Some people also aren't on offsite channels, and thus wouldn't be able to input more accurate data.

While this guide has its helpful points, I personally think it might be better if there was a wiki instead where players from each flight can input their own experiences within the flight, rather than having one person try to collect data on flights they are not part of and do not thoroughly understand. Especially since a lot of people start with bias like who the dom flights are and what it's like in another flight - all of which has resulted from incorrect information from former flight guides.

Of course, that last bit is just my opinion. I do appreciate you for making this guide, and I hope I haven't offended you in any way. If I have, I sincerely apologise, it was not my intention to do so. In any case, you put work into this, so thank you for your time ^_^ Please update those two parts on the Arcane post, and it should be good to go!
@Fennelroot

Hi! Thank you for making this flight guide. However, I would like to point out that Arcane doms quite frequently, with at least one profit push every month and a conquest every couple of months. Just a month or so ago, we even had a big dom battle against the Plague Flight!

Second of all, I'd like to think of Arcane's community as quite tight-knit. We have several discord channels and one of the oldest Slack channels on the site, where everyone pretty much knows one another. Additionally, Arcane is one of the biggest flights, so we're always together like one big family!

Those are the two points that I think weren't accurately represented on the flight guide. If they could be altered to better reflect the Arcane Flight, that would be great.

Last of all, on a more serious (and subjective) note, I think before making a flight guide you should perhaps have an associate in each flight gathering data from every person possible. Not every flight has the same population, and so having only, let's say, 100 people represent each flight wouldn't make an accurate guide, especially for big flights like Arcane and Shadow. What might happen if you under-represent a flight? All 100 of the people might not be people involved with dom, and thus say their flight doesn't dom. Some people also aren't on offsite channels, and thus wouldn't be able to input more accurate data.

While this guide has its helpful points, I personally think it might be better if there was a wiki instead where players from each flight can input their own experiences within the flight, rather than having one person try to collect data on flights they are not part of and do not thoroughly understand. Especially since a lot of people start with bias like who the dom flights are and what it's like in another flight - all of which has resulted from incorrect information from former flight guides.

Of course, that last bit is just my opinion. I do appreciate you for making this guide, and I hope I haven't offended you in any way. If I have, I sincerely apologise, it was not my intention to do so. In any case, you put work into this, so thank you for your time ^_^ Please update those two parts on the Arcane post, and it should be good to go!
uPDF3lw.pngX2PAJU7.gifg56Nt7u.png badge-1-100x100.pngRVjFQtg.png
@TheDragonsQueen

Hello! I didn't mean to offend when making this guide. I actually conducted a poll in which I had members of all the Flights give input on the details of Flight planning.

Both the Discords and community events are listed within the brief description I added at the top of each Flight section. I'm assuming that Discord is a significant part of your Flight, but I based the sparsity of Flights on their In-Flight forums and not their Discords.

As for the dominance portion, it was again noted that Arcane often does profit pushes (at least once a month is the info I received) but the dominance scale is based on first place conquest pushes, festival and profit pushes are excluded from the scale, but if they are something a flight participates in often, I try to list in within the description.

I tried not to mention specific pushes in the descriptions, because they quickly become out of date and would have to be updated more often if that was the case. I appreciate your input and I hope this sets your mind at ease!

@TheDragonsQueen

Hello! I didn't mean to offend when making this guide. I actually conducted a poll in which I had members of all the Flights give input on the details of Flight planning.

Both the Discords and community events are listed within the brief description I added at the top of each Flight section. I'm assuming that Discord is a significant part of your Flight, but I based the sparsity of Flights on their In-Flight forums and not their Discords.

As for the dominance portion, it was again noted that Arcane often does profit pushes (at least once a month is the info I received) but the dominance scale is based on first place conquest pushes, festival and profit pushes are excluded from the scale, but if they are something a flight participates in often, I try to list in within the description.

I tried not to mention specific pushes in the descriptions, because they quickly become out of date and would have to be updated more often if that was the case. I appreciate your input and I hope this sets your mind at ease!

Fen | They/them
@Fennelroot

I would suggest getting a larger group of people from within each flight to poll, since your information is not seemingly entirely accurate. A friend of mine who is in the physics field made mention that you need bigger sample size (more people polled from each flight), to have a bigger sample of data to draw from so that way you have a bigger, much more conclusive view of how people from within each flight to have a much better view of how each flight sees it's community, its dominance, and its forum activity.

I would suggest changing your dominance parameters, since it gives the impression we are not a Dominance-orientated flight, something we have been actively fighting to change for a couple of years now. Basing it only on a flight obtaining first place is disregarding their other dom-related pushes, which should be counted as well. Most who look at the Dominance portion are not looking for who places first, but which flights are Dom active more than Dom placing.

As someone who works closely with our conquest pushes, they are expensive for a flight, and most only do at most 3-4 a year because of the cost of running one. This includes not only the payouts for the raffle and/or public buy, but the cost of prizes as well. Battles between flights also cost more than a regular conquest push, easily 3-4 times as much depending on the intensity of the fight. Arcane's attendants are also funded by our dominance bank, so that way every member of Arcane who wishes to attend has the funds to attend as much and as long as they wish on our raffles and public buys, instead of making them rely on their own funds to attend.
@Fennelroot

I would suggest getting a larger group of people from within each flight to poll, since your information is not seemingly entirely accurate. A friend of mine who is in the physics field made mention that you need bigger sample size (more people polled from each flight), to have a bigger sample of data to draw from so that way you have a bigger, much more conclusive view of how people from within each flight to have a much better view of how each flight sees it's community, its dominance, and its forum activity.

I would suggest changing your dominance parameters, since it gives the impression we are not a Dominance-orientated flight, something we have been actively fighting to change for a couple of years now. Basing it only on a flight obtaining first place is disregarding their other dom-related pushes, which should be counted as well. Most who look at the Dominance portion are not looking for who places first, but which flights are Dom active more than Dom placing.

As someone who works closely with our conquest pushes, they are expensive for a flight, and most only do at most 3-4 a year because of the cost of running one. This includes not only the payouts for the raffle and/or public buy, but the cost of prizes as well. Battles between flights also cost more than a regular conquest push, easily 3-4 times as much depending on the intensity of the fight. Arcane's attendants are also funded by our dominance bank, so that way every member of Arcane who wishes to attend has the funds to attend as much and as long as they wish on our raffles and public buys, instead of making them rely on their own funds to attend.
topleftsig.pngtoprightsig.png
bottomleftsig.pngbottomrightsig.png
@Fennelroot

I think it could help adding the exalt-pillars too or at least some quicklink since they're big. I'm sure some aesthetics-loving people actually changed flights because of some *cough* not so pretty ones. :'>

Also maybe a basic hatchling avatar-like with the primal eyes? Or eyes in general? :o

And I'm no Lightning-member, but I heard some call their deity only 'Boss' and themselves 'Employees' .
@Fennelroot

I think it could help adding the exalt-pillars too or at least some quicklink since they're big. I'm sure some aesthetics-loving people actually changed flights because of some *cough* not so pretty ones. :'>

Also maybe a basic hatchling avatar-like with the primal eyes? Or eyes in general? :o

And I'm no Lightning-member, but I heard some call their deity only 'Boss' and themselves 'Employees' .
Noctua_Link_Item.png BS31-1.pngBS32-1.pngBS33-1.png
BS31-2.pngBS32-2.pngBS33-2.png
BS31-3.pngBS32-3.pngBS33-3.png
BS31-4.pngBS32-4.pngBS33-4.png
MMIcon.png
[quote name="Pinguin" date="2018-09-01 06:57:37" ] And maybe a basic hatchling avatar-like with the primal eyes? Or eyes in general? :o [/quote] You could probably find someone who has a chart with all the eyes they'd let you put in here
Pinguin wrote on 2018-09-01 06:57:37:
And maybe a basic hatchling avatar-like with the primal eyes? Or eyes in general? :o

You could probably find someone who has a chart with all the eyes they'd let you put in here
FObX7rS.png
@Pinguin - I completed forgot about exalted pillars! I will add those shortly.

@BananaDr4gon - I was going to do up an eye chart as well. Glad people think that will be useful!
@Pinguin - I completed forgot about exalted pillars! I will add those shortly.

@BananaDr4gon - I was going to do up an eye chart as well. Glad people think that will be useful!
Fen | They/them
oooh so does this mean wind has the fastest forums? (theyre the only ones listed as having fast forums)

this is accurate for water and shadow (ive only been in those flights)
oooh so does this mean wind has the fastest forums? (theyre the only ones listed as having fast forums)

this is accurate for water and shadow (ive only been in those flights)
give and get weird ugly soap or stained game game
Give & get space tertiary game
give & get medusa tertiary game
pretty dergs for sale v2 (open) next bargain bin next
wyvern-hatchling-fire-pixel.gif
Man, I wish I had this guide when I joined originally and when I changed my Flight. This makes me sad and miss Earth Flight since I moved to Wind. I do miss those deep rich brown eyes. I would probably do better in a slower forum pace also. Maybe one day I shall return.
Man, I wish I had this guide when I joined originally and when I changed my Flight. This makes me sad and miss Earth Flight since I moved to Wind. I do miss those deep rich brown eyes. I would probably do better in a slower forum pace also. Maybe one day I shall return.

+3 FR
Fool's Gold Hoarder
Yellow Canary Hoarder
"i assure you brother,
the sun will shine on us again."
- loki odinson
T9M8A5R.png
@monkfishlover - I didn't realize they were the only ones! I guess from the data I collected Wind would have the fastest forums, but I do assume it varies based on user activity and such.
@monkfishlover - I didn't realize they were the only ones! I guess from the data I collected Wind would have the fastest forums, but I do assume it varies based on user activity and such.
Fen | They/them
@Fennelroot THANK YOU so much for finally providing an updated guide! You even included everything new, eye colors, exalt pillar, etc. Bless you this is wonderful ahhhhhh
@Fennelroot THANK YOU so much for finally providing an updated guide! You even included everything new, eye colors, exalt pillar, etc. Bless you this is wonderful ahhhhhh
((Kai || they/them))
K6TNbNL.pnggnd7XS8.pngxAaH3K8.pngipiaOGP.pngLrK9u2q.png
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10