Back

Guides

Community created guides, helpful strategies, and more.
TOPIC | [Guide] Glimmer & Gloom All Solutions
1 2 ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... 41 42
These are the clicking patterns I use to solve different layouts. Layouts show solving for Shadow (gotta be loyal to the Shadowbinder!) [img]https://i.imgur.com/ZIKOb5h.png[/img] Solve each row starting with the top one, then the second. When you get to the middle row, if you have an uneven number of tiles you need to turn (1, 3, or 5) use this. [img]https://i.imgur.com/GFKnGVT.png[/img] For the fourth row, if you have an uneven number of tiles you need to turn (1, 3, or 5) use this. [img]https://i.imgur.com/fuWjqiz.png[/img] If you end up with any of these combinations, follow this pattern. [img]https://i.imgur.com/z6GoCaO.png[/img] Though some of these [i]look[/i] like they're just messing up the board, they're actually just rearranging some of the tiles allowing them to be in a solvable position. Once you have a bit of practice, you can recognize which pattern needs to be used when and execute it faster. Hope this helps! @PuffyRuffy @chatoyant
These are the clicking patterns I use to solve different layouts. Layouts show solving for Shadow (gotta be loyal to the Shadowbinder!)
ZIKOb5h.png

Solve each row starting with the top one, then the second. When you get to the middle row, if you have an uneven number of tiles you need to turn (1, 3, or 5) use this.
GFKnGVT.png

For the fourth row, if you have an uneven number of tiles you need to turn (1, 3, or 5) use this.
fuWjqiz.png

If you end up with any of these combinations, follow this pattern.
z6GoCaO.png

Though some of these look like they're just messing up the board, they're actually just rearranging some of the tiles allowing them to be in a solvable position. Once you have a bit of practice, you can recognize which pattern needs to be used when and execute it faster.

Hope this helps!

@PuffyRuffy @chatoyant
@chatoyant I had not, NEEDED THAT SO MUCH THANK YOU!!!
@chatoyant I had not, NEEDED THAT SO MUCH THANK YOU!!!
I'm so much waiting for Very Hard Help because I just.. can't. Overall 50 000 clicks and nothing :-D I get stuck with different patterns every time
I'm so much waiting for Very Hard Help because I just.. can't. Overall 50 000 clicks and nothing :-D I get stuck with different patterns every time
osa1_by_cicide76536-dck8wt3.gifosa2j2_by_cicide76536-dck8wsz.gifosa3_by_cicide76536-dck8wsr.png
She/Her | Tumblr
...24 | Finland ...
Very tired and
very gay
FR time +10 h
My DA2 party!
For all the trouble I've spent hoping random stuff works on Very Hard...

...I was hoping for more than 4kt. But once there's something actually there for it, it'll be a decent farm.

I pretty much strictly used @withawits method, I'll go for another solve and see if I can identify what worked for me from there.

EDIT: I've figured out how to narrow it down to the bottom two rows. I solved it accidentally with a triangle formation, but I don't remember how.

If you have an odd number on the sixth row, click all on the third row and resume the solve.
If you have an odd number on the seventh row, click all in a zigzag pattern similar to wit's triangle hard board solve (but all the way down)
For all the trouble I've spent hoping random stuff works on Very Hard...

...I was hoping for more than 4kt. But once there's something actually there for it, it'll be a decent farm.

I pretty much strictly used @withawits method, I'll go for another solve and see if I can identify what worked for me from there.

EDIT: I've figured out how to narrow it down to the bottom two rows. I solved it accidentally with a triangle formation, but I don't remember how.

If you have an odd number on the sixth row, click all on the third row and resume the solve.
If you have an odd number on the seventh row, click all in a zigzag pattern similar to wit's triangle hard board solve (but all the way down)
Confusion achieved!
@withawits i don't get it...

the issue i encounter is that i solve from the top down, get one of those patterns in the bottom rows, do the zig-zag clicking, then solve from the top down and... i get that same pattern again.

what am i doing wrong? i'm sorry for the trouble OTL

edit: i'm still able to solve it with this after reaching a pattern in the bottom two rows, but i would like to understand your way of solving it
@withawits i don't get it...

the issue i encounter is that i solve from the top down, get one of those patterns in the bottom rows, do the zig-zag clicking, then solve from the top down and... i get that same pattern again.

what am i doing wrong? i'm sorry for the trouble OTL

edit: i'm still able to solve it with this after reaching a pattern in the bottom two rows, but i would like to understand your way of solving it
fzww6al.png
Thank you so much for this! Hopefully I can learn the patterns without external help much faster now.
Thank you so much for this! Hopefully I can learn the patterns without external help much faster now.
@chatoyant make sure that when you're solving it after using the zig zag pattern you don't use too many of the tiles you used in that pattern. Try solving from the edges of the rows (still working from the top if that makes sense) and avoid the middle of the board as much as possible. See if that helps.
@chatoyant make sure that when you're solving it after using the zig zag pattern you don't use too many of the tiles you used in that pattern. Try solving from the edges of the rows (still working from the top if that makes sense) and avoid the middle of the board as much as possible. See if that helps.
Thank you so much this is really helpful.
@TMaireTameran
Thank you so much this is really helpful.
@TMaireTameran
@chatoyant AMAZING GUIDE! Thank you this helped me so much! Just a note though, I think there’s an error in this paragraph from hard mode:
Quote:
If you weren't able to bring all tiles to the bottom because you have an odd number of tiles in the fourth row, click all tiles in the second row and bring the resulting tiles down.
If you have an odd number of tiles in the fifth row, click all tiles in the fifth row and continue solving.

I think the fourth row and fifth row solutions need to be swapped. So if there’s an odd number in the fourth row click all the tiles in the fourth row, but if there’s an odd number in the fifth row click all the tiles in the second row. I couldn’t get the above way to work, but when I swapped the solutions things seemed to fall into place.
@chatoyant AMAZING GUIDE! Thank you this helped me so much! Just a note though, I think there’s an error in this paragraph from hard mode:
Quote:
If you weren't able to bring all tiles to the bottom because you have an odd number of tiles in the fourth row, click all tiles in the second row and bring the resulting tiles down.
If you have an odd number of tiles in the fifth row, click all tiles in the fifth row and continue solving.

I think the fourth row and fifth row solutions need to be swapped. So if there’s an odd number in the fourth row click all the tiles in the fourth row, but if there’s an odd number in the fifth row click all the tiles in the second row. I couldn’t get the above way to work, but when I swapped the solutions things seemed to fall into place.
@@@mHwnQKP.png @@@ 3idolon.gif
@
@
@3idolon thanks for catching that! i'll correct it right away
@3idolon thanks for catching that! i'll correct it right away
fzww6al.png
1 2 ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... 41 42