Back

Guides

Community created guides, helpful strategies, and more.
TOPIC | Eye rarity - preliminary guide
1 2
[b][size=4]How rare are the eye types?[/b][/size] [center][img]https://i.imgur.com/5SRE1Qi.png[/img][/center] [b][size=4]What are you basing the rarities on?[/b][/size] I used the dragon search to find out how many dragons of each eye type exist currently. There's a total of 50 000 dragons on site right now with the new eyes. These are the raw results: [center][img]https://i.imgur.com/O4d7qW6.png[/img][/center] [b][size=4]How do you know the odds at hatching?[/b][/size] Three methods all point in the same direction: - Counting the number of adults with new eyes (definitely vialed) versus the number of hatchlings (probably hatched) - Counting the eye types of the 120 most recent hatchlings - Counting the results in the "preview progeny" section These all point towards the odds of new eyes being 50%. If a hatchling gets new eyes, the odds of each type are the same as they would be if you used a vial. [b][size=4]Is this 100% accurate?[/b][/size] [u][b]NO.[/b][/u] This way of approaching it has one big flaw: if people aren't happy with the result, they will keep using vials until they get something they like. This means that the most popular eye types will be a little over-represented, and the unpopular ones underrepresented.
How rare are the eye types?
5SRE1Qi.png

What are you basing the rarities on?

I used the dragon search to find out how many dragons of each eye type exist currently. There's a total of 50 000 dragons on site right now with the new eyes. These are the raw results:
O4d7qW6.png

How do you know the odds at hatching?

Three methods all point in the same direction:
- Counting the number of adults with new eyes (definitely vialed) versus the number of hatchlings (probably hatched)
- Counting the eye types of the 120 most recent hatchlings
- Counting the results in the "preview progeny" section
These all point towards the odds of new eyes being 50%. If a hatchling gets new eyes, the odds of each type are the same as they would be if you used a vial.

Is this 100% accurate?

NO.

This way of approaching it has one big flaw: if people aren't happy with the result, they will keep using vials until they get something they like. This means that the most popular eye types will be a little over-represented, and the unpopular ones underrepresented.

Mz9FfKs.png
I knew someone would be on this. Thanks for working out the numbers!
I knew someone would be on this. Thanks for working out the numbers!
60Avnmu.png
QgilwX7.png Looking for colors or near miss:
—Mantis/Peacock/Peridot
—Ginger/Auburn/Sanguine
—Cerulean/Teal/Ice
—Periwinkle/Plum/Fuschia
It's kinda frustrating to get Primal on a dragon v.v
Thanks for the numbers!
It's kinda frustrating to get Primal on a dragon v.v
Thanks for the numbers!
QmA8loc.gif HMjulZ.jpg NywvZd5.gif
If this is going to help you, I've made some measurement series 400 dragons each.
1 Series

4 - Multi-Gaze = 1%
1 - Faceted =0,25%
1 - Primal = 0,25%
2 Series

5 - Multi-Gaze = 1,25%
2 - Faceted = 0,5%
4 - Primal = 1%
3 Series

3 - Multi-Gaze = 0,75%
3 - Faceted = 0,75%
4 - Primal = 1%
4 Series

5 - Multi-Gaze = 1,25%
6 - Faceted = 1,5%
3 - Primal = 0,75%
5 Series

1 - Multi-Gazed = 0,75%
4 - Faceted = 1%
3 - Primal = 0,75%
6 Series

4 - Multi-Gazed = 1%
4 - Faceted = 1%
0 - Primal = 0%

intermediate value (for now):
Multi-Gaze = 1%
Faceted = 1,0416666%
Primal = 0,625%

If this is going to help you, I've made some measurement series 400 dragons each.
1 Series

4 - Multi-Gaze = 1%
1 - Faceted =0,25%
1 - Primal = 0,25%
2 Series

5 - Multi-Gaze = 1,25%
2 - Faceted = 0,5%
4 - Primal = 1%
3 Series

3 - Multi-Gaze = 0,75%
3 - Faceted = 0,75%
4 - Primal = 1%
4 Series

5 - Multi-Gaze = 1,25%
6 - Faceted = 1,5%
3 - Primal = 0,75%
5 Series

1 - Multi-Gazed = 0,75%
4 - Faceted = 1%
3 - Primal = 0,75%
6 Series

4 - Multi-Gazed = 1%
4 - Faceted = 1%
0 - Primal = 0%

intermediate value (for now):
Multi-Gaze = 1%
Faceted = 1,0416666%
Primal = 0,625%

I love this guide, but what about Glowing Eyes?
I'm aiming for glowing (or primal) with one of my gals, she's 18 scattersights in.
I love this guide, but what about Glowing Eyes?
I'm aiming for glowing (or primal) with one of my gals, she's 18 scattersights in.
The same Rascal4488 from DeviantArt
@rascal4488

Those only show up from the item being sold in the market place! :) You can't get them from a scatter scroll.
@rascal4488

Those only show up from the item being sold in the market place! :) You can't get them from a scatter scroll.
@setissma
Wow, I don't know how I missed that- Just went double check that was real lol!
Thanks mate!
@setissma
Wow, I don't know how I missed that- Just went double check that was real lol!
Thanks mate!
The same Rascal4488 from DeviantArt
@rascal4488

There's so much info in that post! But the good news is that it means you can definitely get glowing. :)
@rascal4488

There's so much info in that post! But the good news is that it means you can definitely get glowing. :)
@Viger Thanks! That will definitely help in narrowing down the actual numbers. Have you used that many vials already or did you get the data some other way?
@Viger Thanks! That will definitely help in narrowing down the actual numbers. Have you used that many vials already or did you get the data some other way?
Mz9FfKs.png
@Poisonedpaper
Used Foresee Progeny in Scrying Workshop. I don't think I can get 2400 vials in 3 days ^.^'
@Poisonedpaper
Used Foresee Progeny in Scrying Workshop. I don't think I can get 2400 vials in 3 days ^.^'
1 2