Back

Guides

Community created guides, helpful strategies, and more.
TOPIC | Eye types visual guide
1 2 ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... 13 14
@TopazMutiny Ah, that gives a concrete explanation for why so many of the eye variants are samey (even accounting for the small eye sizes of some species). A lot of the Uncommon, Unusual, and Rare colors rely heavily on sclera coloration to stand out.
@TopazMutiny Ah, that gives a concrete explanation for why so many of the eye variants are samey (even accounting for the small eye sizes of some species). A lot of the Uncommon, Unusual, and Rare colors rely heavily on sclera coloration to stand out.
Oh man thanks so much for this
Oh man thanks so much for this
0f1mBJP.png
a belated thanks for the guide! I was looking for this sort of thing exactly, particularly because I've got five babies on the cusp of hatching tomorrow--hoping to see some of the more stand-out colors on 'em!
a belated thanks for the guide! I was looking for this sort of thing exactly, particularly because I've got five babies on the cusp of hatching tomorrow--hoping to see some of the more stand-out colors on 'em!
@Retau Good luck! I hope you're not after the rarest 3, since the odds of them hatching are very unlikely. If you do luck out and get a primal, wind does look great.
@Retau Good luck! I hope you're not after the rarest 3, since the odds of them hatching are very unlikely. If you do luck out and get a primal, wind does look great.
ha, I burned two Vials on my progens and got Rare and Uncommon. bummer, but oh well. let's see what happens today! thanks for the good luck wishes!
ha, I burned two Vials on my progens and got Rare and Uncommon. bummer, but oh well. let's see what happens today! thanks for the good luck wishes!
@Shisa two commons, one uncommon, and two rares. could be worse! :P
@Shisa two commons, one uncommon, and two rares. could be worse! :P
It looks like the math's been done and the odds of getting the special eyes are far lower than I guessed. I'm looking into adding the actual numbers to the FAQ.

Now that the dust is settling, I'm on the lookout for more eye guides to link to. I've started by adding The Artist's Guide to FR's Eyes to the OP.
It looks like the math's been done and the odds of getting the special eyes are far lower than I guessed. I'm looking into adding the actual numbers to the FAQ.

Now that the dust is settling, I'm on the lookout for more eye guides to link to. I've started by adding The Artist's Guide to FR's Eyes to the OP.
Margoyle has generously let me use their "Not Probable Eye Chart". Oof, those are some brutal statistics.
Margoyle has generously let me use their "Not Probable Eye Chart". Oof, those are some brutal statistics.
I've updated the OP to add a link to the Update: 5th Anniversary announcement. I've never had to use an official post in my guides, but this one is important. It outlines the intent and plans for this feature, and that's very relevant.
I've updated the OP to add a link to the Update: 5th Anniversary announcement. I've never had to use an official post in my guides, but this one is important. It outlines the intent and plans for this feature, and that's very relevant.
This is great! Thanks! But the scrolling GIFs are at hyper-speed, Imma need 6 cups of coffee before I can track to make any sense of that. Is there a way to capture the GIF in a freeze frame?

Edit: For clarification, I mean these gifs (the color comparison ones.) I was going to try to ID those colors for future reference, but... ow my brain.
This is great! Thanks! But the scrolling GIFs are at hyper-speed, Imma need 6 cups of coffee before I can track to make any sense of that. Is there a way to capture the GIF in a freeze frame?

Edit: For clarification, I mean these gifs (the color comparison ones.) I was going to try to ID those colors for future reference, but... ow my brain.
36627432_DdNrYTjMtSKEqr3.png
1 2 ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... 13 14