Back

Guides

Community created guides, helpful strategies, and more.
TOPIC | Kelp Beds Kraken - 2 Fodder Trainer
1 2 ... 19 20 21 22 23 ... 26 27
@bonibaru this looks a lot more convenient^^ I think I will tincture her once and try it. Thank you for all your help :)
@bonibaru this looks a lot more convenient^^ I think I will tincture her once and try it. Thank you for all your help :)
[quote name="@Rhabdo" date="2018-06-04 22:34:05" ] [b]Kraken - Beast Mode[/b] [/quote] Just wanted to note that I've been using this build in the KB for a while now - it can be rocky, but it's certainly interesting, and very satisfying when it goes right! It also works well for training double-fodder in the Boreal Woods. Gets three turns before the start of any pack (four before Snowfall Elks) and can Elim all non-bosses without Rally, so most packs are down before they get a hit in. Can be a little tricky to start up since BW only has one mage, but can 3-scratch everything except Yetis and the Nature Elks. There's enough speed variance among the other monsters that if you're careful about what to target, you can take them out just before they get turns.
@Rhabdo wrote on 2018-06-04 22:34:05:
Kraken - Beast Mode

Just wanted to note that I've been using this build in the KB for a while now - it can be rocky, but it's certainly interesting, and very satisfying when it goes right!

It also works well for training double-fodder in the Boreal Woods. Gets three turns before the start of any pack (four before Snowfall Elks) and can Elim all non-bosses without Rally, so most packs are down before they get a hit in.

Can be a little tricky to start up since BW only has one mage, but can 3-scratch everything except Yetis and the Nature Elks. There's enough speed variance among the other monsters that if you're careful about what to target, you can take them out just before they get turns.
Y2CN2aK.png wc26tNn.png
@LaraB

Glad you are enjoying it! I may have to try it in Boreal Woods this week (slow leveling fodder while festival farming is better than no fodder leveling).
@LaraB

Glad you are enjoying it! I may have to try it in Boreal Woods this week (slow leveling fodder while festival farming is better than no fodder leveling).
@Rhabdo

Every now and again it occurs to me to search the forum for LaraB pings ;)

I did enjoy the build during the Gala, trading off with my Brawler when I ran low on health. (I foolishly made my Kraken a Coatl, so it was hard for me to feed him up without stuffing a bunch of fodder first. Now that the feeding order is fixed, that's going to be a lot easier!)
@Rhabdo

Every now and again it occurs to me to search the forum for LaraB pings ;)

I did enjoy the build during the Gala, trading off with my Brawler when I ran low on health. (I foolishly made my Kraken a Coatl, so it was hard for me to feed him up without stuffing a bunch of fodder first. Now that the feeding order is fixed, that's going to be a lot easier!)
Y2CN2aK.png wc26tNn.png
Very helpful! I’m going to try this with my newest leveler!
Very helpful! I’m going to try this with my newest leveler!
[quote name="Lara8" date="2019-01-27 10:15:24" ] [quote name="Rhabdo" date="2018-06-04 22:34:05" ] [b]Kraken - Beast Mode[/b] [/quote] Just wanted to note that I've been using this build in the KB for a while now - it can be rocky, but it's certainly interesting, and very satisfying when it goes right! It also works well for training double-fodder in the Boreal Woods. Gets three turns before the start of any pack (four before Snowfall Elks) and can Elim all non-bosses without Rally, so most packs are down before they get a hit in. Can be a little tricky to start up since BW only has one mage, but can 3-scratch everything except Yetis and the Nature Elks. There's enough speed variance among the other monsters that if you're careful about what to target, you can take them out just before they get turns. [/quote] Seconding these comments on Beast Mode! Tip: do not train a dragon who eats food you’re already short on. The guide’s not kidding about this build not being for the “faint of heart.” But having said that, there‘s something immensely satisfying about killing bosses, and after using this build for a while the Mire feels so much slower exp-wise. Works especially well for long-term training with useless VIT points in the non-Krakens!
Lara8 wrote on 2019-01-27 10:15:24:
Rhabdo wrote on 2018-06-04 22:34:05:
Kraken - Beast Mode

Just wanted to note that I've been using this build in the KB for a while now - it can be rocky, but it's certainly interesting, and very satisfying when it goes right!

It also works well for training double-fodder in the Boreal Woods. Gets three turns before the start of any pack (four before Snowfall Elks) and can Elim all non-bosses without Rally, so most packs are down before they get a hit in.

Can be a little tricky to start up since BW only has one mage, but can 3-scratch everything except Yetis and the Nature Elks. There's enough speed variance among the other monsters that if you're careful about what to target, you can take them out just before they get turns.

Seconding these comments on Beast Mode! Tip: do not train a dragon who eats food you’re already short on. The guide’s not kidding about this build not being for the “faint of heart.” But having said that, there‘s something immensely satisfying about killing bosses, and after using this build for a while the Mire feels so much slower exp-wise. Works especially well for long-term training with useless VIT points in the non-Krakens!
@Rhabdo - I decided to switch out some stones on one of my L25 Light element dragons to give Beast Mode training a try. I've got to admit, I'm having a lot of difficulty working with this build, and I'm wondering what I'm doing wrong. It may be that I'm just not familiar enough with Kelp Beds - has been ages since since I've trained anywhere but the Mire. Still, I figured I'd try and find out if I'm missing something, especially when it comes to what makes a good starter pack. I really wanted to love the build, both for the chance to get out of the Mire and to make decent use of one of my Light dragons - especially for 2-fodder builds, those just don't seem to be as usable. But most of the time I'm losing at least half my health to the starter pack (if I survive it at all), and I'm not seeing windows to recover like I do when I get down on health (usually later, after a dodged elim) in the Mire.

Current stats and stones:
STR: 125
AGI: 8
VIT: 20
QCK: 57
(Stats are unadjusted from what he already had)
Scratch, Rally, Elim, Reflect, 3x Berserker, 2x Ambush
@Rhabdo - I decided to switch out some stones on one of my L25 Light element dragons to give Beast Mode training a try. I've got to admit, I'm having a lot of difficulty working with this build, and I'm wondering what I'm doing wrong. It may be that I'm just not familiar enough with Kelp Beds - has been ages since since I've trained anywhere but the Mire. Still, I figured I'd try and find out if I'm missing something, especially when it comes to what makes a good starter pack. I really wanted to love the build, both for the chance to get out of the Mire and to make decent use of one of my Light dragons - especially for 2-fodder builds, those just don't seem to be as usable. But most of the time I'm losing at least half my health to the starter pack (if I survive it at all), and I'm not seeing windows to recover like I do when I get down on health (usually later, after a dodged elim) in the Mire.

Current stats and stones:
STR: 125
AGI: 8
VIT: 20
QCK: 57
(Stats are unadjusted from what he already had)
Scratch, Rally, Elim, Reflect, 3x Berserker, 2x Ambush
On4IJIp.pngPXjp8QF.pngprsdX1I.png
@Galtanaron I had to pull my Light fella out of semi-retirement and remind myself of how Light’s elemental strengths and weakness play, so I apologize for the delay in getting back to you. Elorn’s stats are a bit different from your fighter’s and that might explain some of your difficulties: STR 126 AGI 8 VIT 12 QCK 59 However, you do have to be a little more choosey with your starting pack for Light fighters, because you can’t just pick any caster pack to start. Jeweled Octoflyers are quite dangerous if there are 2-3 of them. I successfully start with packs that have 2 Maren Ambushers because they are a little slower, but 3 are dangerous. You can start with Abyss Strikers, but their speed maybe trickier with just starting out level 1 fodder. I have been able to start on a Wave Sweeper, but prefer only taking on Mantarunes after I have a wee bit of breath. A plus for the Light fighter is that you don’t need to run from either Boss, but that Congeal is a killer if you don’t Reflect first. Elorn was a Tincture, so the rest of his stats are as low as possible, but for reference he is here: [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=3325657] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/33257/3325657_350.png[/img] [/url] Hope that helps!
@Galtanaron

I had to pull my Light fella out of semi-retirement and remind myself of how Light’s elemental strengths and weakness play, so I apologize for the delay in getting back to you.

Elorn’s stats are a bit different from your fighter’s and that might explain some of your difficulties:

STR 126
AGI 8
VIT 12
QCK 59

However, you do have to be a little more choosey with your starting pack for Light fighters, because you can’t just pick any caster pack to start. Jeweled Octoflyers are quite dangerous if there are 2-3 of them. I successfully start with packs that have 2 Maren Ambushers because they are a little slower, but 3 are dangerous. You can start with Abyss Strikers, but their speed maybe trickier with just starting out level 1 fodder.

I have been able to start on a Wave Sweeper, but prefer only taking on Mantarunes after I have a wee bit of breath. A plus for the Light fighter is that you don’t need to run from either Boss, but that Congeal is a killer if you don’t Reflect first.

Elorn was a Tincture, so the rest of his stats are as low as possible, but for reference he is here:

3325657_350.png

Hope that helps!
@Rhabdo - Just wanted to let you know I saw your reply and appreciate it. I need to do a bit of research and experimenting before I'll know how much it's helped. Maybe I'll end up tincturing my guy, but I want to look into what I might be gaining by that before I go ahead with it. Thanks, though!
@Rhabdo - Just wanted to let you know I saw your reply and appreciate it. I need to do a bit of research and experimenting before I'll know how much it's helped. Maybe I'll end up tincturing my guy, but I want to look into what I might be gaining by that before I go ahead with it. Thanks, though!
On4IJIp.pngPXjp8QF.pngprsdX1I.png
@Rhabdo Thanks so much for the Beast model! It looked like fun, so I trained up my teddy bear dragon and gave him Eliminate, etc. Say hi, Irish! [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=47463783] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/474638/47463783_350.png[/img] [/url] ("HEH-WO.") I took him for a test run, and wow you weren't kidding re: not for the faint of heart, lolol. Just wanted to ask a few questions to make sure I'm doing this right... (1) What's your recommended strategy for starter packs? I can't decide whether I should go for the casters or slashers first - I'm thinking casters, since the magic dmg has a tendency of being much higher in one shot, but one Maren Wavesinger refused to strike and kept meditating for like 10 turns so idek at this point. (2) How do you rebuild health over time? I'm so used to the Mire et al. where I could Sap at least every other round if I needed and still build up enough breath for 3 back-up eliminates, but here I have to constantly keep eliminating or risk being KO'ed in one go. (3) ...how often are you normally supposed to die lol (Irish asking for a friend...)
@Rhabdo

Thanks so much for the Beast model! It looked like fun, so I trained up my teddy bear dragon and gave him Eliminate, etc. Say hi, Irish!

47463783_350.png

("HEH-WO.")

I took him for a test run, and wow you weren't kidding re: not for the faint of heart, lolol. Just wanted to ask a few questions to make sure I'm doing this right...

(1) What's your recommended strategy for starter packs? I can't decide whether I should go for the casters or slashers first - I'm thinking casters, since the magic dmg has a tendency of being much higher in one shot, but one Maren Wavesinger refused to strike and kept meditating for like 10 turns so idek at this point.
(2) How do you rebuild health over time? I'm so used to the Mire et al. where I could Sap at least every other round if I needed and still build up enough breath for 3 back-up eliminates, but here I have to constantly keep eliminating or risk being KO'ed in one go.
(3) ...how often are you normally supposed to die lol (Irish asking for a friend...)
THANK YOU FOR CHOOSING SASSYPANTS DRAGON SUPPORT

HAVE YOU TRIED TURNING YOUR DRAGON OFF AND THEN ON AGAIN

located on the coldest cliff of the cloudscrape crags as dragonly possible For Your Convenience

*herald trumpets* welcome to the ghost kingdom
1 2 ... 19 20 21 22 23 ... 26 27