Back

Guides

Community created guides, helpful strategies, and more.
TOPIC | Kelp Beds Kraken - 2 Fodder Trainer
1 2 ... 18 19 20 21 22 ... 26 27
@bonibaru

Oh really? So the posts on the front are worth following to use this build? :)

I also have a couple of questions about this build if you or anyone else is able to help answer them.

I'm currently using an Anticitank and take my fodder to level 5. If I was levelling fodder to level 5 or above, would one of these builds level my fodder faster?

If using the Kelp Beds Kraken, are Water, Nature, and Plague dergs about equal in their effectiveness? Which one involves restarting the least?

If using the Kelp Beds Beast mode, Plague dergs can only defeat Wave Sweepers (not Mantarunes) so Ice dergs seem to be the best Boss killers but you need to be wary of Abyss Strikers when starting up a run?

I'm quite used to my Anticitank and this seems similar with a build up breath, Rally, Eliminate everything mentality. So if one of these builds is better for leveling to level 5 or above, I might have to jump in :)
@bonibaru

Oh really? So the posts on the front are worth following to use this build? :)

I also have a couple of questions about this build if you or anyone else is able to help answer them.

I'm currently using an Anticitank and take my fodder to level 5. If I was levelling fodder to level 5 or above, would one of these builds level my fodder faster?

If using the Kelp Beds Kraken, are Water, Nature, and Plague dergs about equal in their effectiveness? Which one involves restarting the least?

If using the Kelp Beds Beast mode, Plague dergs can only defeat Wave Sweepers (not Mantarunes) so Ice dergs seem to be the best Boss killers but you need to be wary of Abyss Strikers when starting up a run?

I'm quite used to my Anticitank and this seems similar with a build up breath, Rally, Eliminate everything mentality. So if one of these builds is better for leveling to level 5 or above, I might have to jump in :)
mzvalkyrie_june_by_pyromaniacalbonsai-dce8ejf.gif

2bqs45I.gif
@mzvalkyrie I use Water and Ice (beast mode) for my krakens and I have not seen a difference between them in effectiveness. Restarting really has more to do with luck regarding dodge rates and how good your initial starting pack is. The more they dodge you the more you have to restart. Some days it seems dodge rate is awful no matter what we do.

I use this build to level two fodder to 5 faster than the Mire. If I am going beyond 5 to be honest I don't use this build, I use the Mire Millionaire which is a meditate build (search for it in Guides forum) and I find about 15% faster than the Mire Flyer after timing myself over several days. In a push when time counts, I use KBK beast for going to 5, Mire Millionaire for higher. I am sold on these meditate builds now, even though at first I swore they could not possibly be better than scratch builds. But you get to elim so much faster. In GLR with the Ruins Wrecker build there are times that the enemy doesn't even get to take 1 hit before they're all crushed.

I run from all bosses in the Kelp Beds so I can't answer about the boss killers. Bosses are just breath/life sappers. I have the familiars I won in raffles so I cut my losses and avoid them :)

The main thing I use this build for outside of a push is leveling 1 fodder plus 1 perma trainee that I'm bringing up to 25. I tincture most of my dragons anyway so as I go along, swapping out fodder from time to time, I boost the vitality of the trainee so it can live longer and draw fire. (I leave off the other stones because especially if I put ambush on them it messes up my rhythm for the kraken) I also use the scratch on the trainee to buy my kraken a little time if breath is needed. It is so much nicer and faster leveling to 25 using the kraken instead of in the mire.
@mzvalkyrie I use Water and Ice (beast mode) for my krakens and I have not seen a difference between them in effectiveness. Restarting really has more to do with luck regarding dodge rates and how good your initial starting pack is. The more they dodge you the more you have to restart. Some days it seems dodge rate is awful no matter what we do.

I use this build to level two fodder to 5 faster than the Mire. If I am going beyond 5 to be honest I don't use this build, I use the Mire Millionaire which is a meditate build (search for it in Guides forum) and I find about 15% faster than the Mire Flyer after timing myself over several days. In a push when time counts, I use KBK beast for going to 5, Mire Millionaire for higher. I am sold on these meditate builds now, even though at first I swore they could not possibly be better than scratch builds. But you get to elim so much faster. In GLR with the Ruins Wrecker build there are times that the enemy doesn't even get to take 1 hit before they're all crushed.

I run from all bosses in the Kelp Beds so I can't answer about the boss killers. Bosses are just breath/life sappers. I have the familiars I won in raffles so I cut my losses and avoid them :)

The main thing I use this build for outside of a push is leveling 1 fodder plus 1 perma trainee that I'm bringing up to 25. I tincture most of my dragons anyway so as I go along, swapping out fodder from time to time, I boost the vitality of the trainee so it can live longer and draw fire. (I leave off the other stones because especially if I put ambush on them it messes up my rhythm for the kraken) I also use the scratch on the trainee to buy my kraken a little time if breath is needed. It is so much nicer and faster leveling to 25 using the kraken instead of in the mire.
duHgkuH.png
@bonibaru

Thanks for the input :). So you use FeDog's version of the Kelp Beds Trainer?

I don't have an Eliminate spare so unless I restated/stoned my Anticitank, I think I'll have to wait to try this build until I've levelled up another Water/Ice derg to 25.

KB does have the chance of an Eliminate dropping over Mire (albeit how rare it is) so I may have to give this a try.
@bonibaru

Thanks for the input :). So you use FeDog's version of the Kelp Beds Trainer?

I don't have an Eliminate spare so unless I restated/stoned my Anticitank, I think I'll have to wait to try this build until I've levelled up another Water/Ice derg to 25.

KB does have the chance of an Eliminate dropping over Mire (albeit how rare it is) so I may have to give this a try.
mzvalkyrie_june_by_pyromaniacalbonsai-dce8ejf.gif

2bqs45I.gif
Hello :) I want to try this build but the best thing I have is an Ice dragon so I was wondering if anyone could elaborate a little on the tactics/stats.

Do I have to stat/stone her for the Beast Mode version or has someone made good experiences with an ice dragon with the regular version and can share some tactics? Basically has anyone tried both versions with an ice dragon and can share their experience?

I currently have my dragon at str 125 and qck 57 with the regular stones and there are some regular enemys I can't defeat with a rallied eliminate. So since I have to pay attention to the enemys this won't be mindless grinding either way..

When using an ice dragon is the beast mode version much slower than the regular one? Yeah, boss battles take some time, but so does restarting a lot to find the right pack.

I mostly want to use this build for training fodder to level 7-10 when I can't stand the GR anymore.^^
Hello :) I want to try this build but the best thing I have is an Ice dragon so I was wondering if anyone could elaborate a little on the tactics/stats.

Do I have to stat/stone her for the Beast Mode version or has someone made good experiences with an ice dragon with the regular version and can share some tactics? Basically has anyone tried both versions with an ice dragon and can share their experience?

I currently have my dragon at str 125 and qck 57 with the regular stones and there are some regular enemys I can't defeat with a rallied eliminate. So since I have to pay attention to the enemys this won't be mindless grinding either way..

When using an ice dragon is the beast mode version much slower than the regular one? Yeah, boss battles take some time, but so does restarting a lot to find the right pack.

I mostly want to use this build for training fodder to level 7-10 when I can't stand the GR anymore.^^
I use an ice dragon, she is statted and stoned for Beast Mode and she does quite well. No difference really noticeable between her and the water dragon I have with the same build @MiezMiez Beast mode is faster for me, but, the caveat is I flee from boss battles in the KB. They only drain your breath and the reward for winning is so low as to not be worth the time and energy waste. I just F5 restart on any bosses for speed.
I use an ice dragon, she is statted and stoned for Beast Mode and she does quite well. No difference really noticeable between her and the water dragon I have with the same build @MiezMiez Beast mode is faster for me, but, the caveat is I flee from boss battles in the KB. They only drain your breath and the reward for winning is so low as to not be worth the time and energy waste. I just F5 restart on any bosses for speed.
duHgkuH.png
@MiezMiez even in beast mode it's not faster to go higher than level 5-6 because of the dodge rate and the risk of having to restart. I use this build for leveling to 5 in a push when speed is important. I stay in the mire for going higher than 6. With the Mire Millionaire build and luck regarding wartoads and dodges you can breeze through to level 10 in the mire faster than in the KB.
@MiezMiez even in beast mode it's not faster to go higher than level 5-6 because of the dodge rate and the risk of having to restart. I use this build for leveling to 5 in a push when speed is important. I stay in the mire for going higher than 6. With the Mire Millionaire build and luck regarding wartoads and dodges you can breeze through to level 10 in the mire faster than in the KB.
duHgkuH.png
@bonibaru Thank you for your help! I don't really want to be faster than in other venues, just as fast as possible in the kelp beds^^ (I have a couple of dragons for other venues, but I like to change it up sometimes. None for the mire though because of eliminate... not that I drop one that often xD)
If you are not fighting the bosses, do you ever use reflect? I assume you use scratch + eliminate for those enemys you can't eliminate without some other dmg first?
@bonibaru Thank you for your help! I don't really want to be faster than in other venues, just as fast as possible in the kelp beds^^ (I have a couple of dragons for other venues, but I like to change it up sometimes. None for the mire though because of eliminate... not that I drop one that often xD)
If you are not fighting the bosses, do you ever use reflect? I assume you use scratch + eliminate for those enemys you can't eliminate without some other dmg first?
@MiezMiez I am using the meditate version builds for my primary fighters because they get me to a rallied elim about 15% faster overall and for me I want as few battles as possible to hit my points goal for leveling. The only time scratch+elim comes in for me is if I have a trainee perma along that's like, level 15 or higher - (so I'm either training 2 fodder to level 5 or 1 fodder + 1 perma) that dragon I use the scratch on to sometimes help out the kraken if it's starting to flag, either by using it to heal/health potion the kraken, or to scratch an enemy to give the kraken a better chance. I will stat the perma in strength and vitality while it's leveling, but not in quick because it messes up my rhythm that I use for the kraken if the perma is jumping in on turns. But with str+ it can scratch the bigger enemies and with vit+ it can take more hits before it faints. Both of those things support the kraken for a longer duration fight.

Sorry if I'm repeating myself, I've been talking to a few people on forums and pms and starting to lose track of what I've said to whom :)
@MiezMiez I am using the meditate version builds for my primary fighters because they get me to a rallied elim about 15% faster overall and for me I want as few battles as possible to hit my points goal for leveling. The only time scratch+elim comes in for me is if I have a trainee perma along that's like, level 15 or higher - (so I'm either training 2 fodder to level 5 or 1 fodder + 1 perma) that dragon I use the scratch on to sometimes help out the kraken if it's starting to flag, either by using it to heal/health potion the kraken, or to scratch an enemy to give the kraken a better chance. I will stat the perma in strength and vitality while it's leveling, but not in quick because it messes up my rhythm that I use for the kraken if the perma is jumping in on turns. But with str+ it can scratch the bigger enemies and with vit+ it can take more hits before it faints. Both of those things support the kraken for a longer duration fight.

Sorry if I'm repeating myself, I've been talking to a few people on forums and pms and starting to lose track of what I've said to whom :)
duHgkuH.png
@bonibaru I don't think you are repeating yourself, you are very helpful! Thank you for taking the time to answer my questions^^
I generally prefer meditate builds too, but right now I have the problem that after the first round I will encounter a pack of three enemys which take more than just an eliminate and while I "prepare" them I loose my breath and have to reload. I think an scratch would help in this situation, but I'm not sure it's worth giving up the quick start with meditate for.^^

Guess I have to try it. Those stones aren't really expensive anyways, so I'll try this first.
@bonibaru I don't think you are repeating yourself, you are very helpful! Thank you for taking the time to answer my questions^^
I generally prefer meditate builds too, but right now I have the problem that after the first round I will encounter a pack of three enemys which take more than just an eliminate and while I "prepare" them I loose my breath and have to reload. I think an scratch would help in this situation, but I'm not sure it's worth giving up the quick start with meditate for.^^

Guess I have to try it. Those stones aren't really expensive anyways, so I'll try this first.
@MiezMiez with the strength of @mohenjo's leviathan leveller variant of this build you can rally+elim everything in the kelp beds on the second and future battles, except the bosses. This is the build I use most often in Kelp Beds, stones are the same but the STR is higher to let you kill the mammars and depins with one shot: [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=16960526] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/169606/16960526_350.png[/img] [/url]
@MiezMiez with the strength of @mohenjo's leviathan leveller variant of this build you can rally+elim everything in the kelp beds on the second and future battles, except the bosses. This is the build I use most often in Kelp Beds, stones are the same but the STR is higher to let you kill the mammars and depins with one shot:

16960526_350.png
duHgkuH.png
1 2 ... 18 19 20 21 22 ... 26 27