Back

Guides

Community created guides, helpful strategies, and more.
TOPIC | Familiars Visual Guide V3.1.3
1 2 ... 16 17 18 19 20 ... 23 24
@ZxwxZ This is a fabulous resource! May I be added to its pinglist?
@ZxwxZ This is a fabulous resource! May I be added to its pinglist?
sup im stu

please click my eggs!
https://pokefarm.com/user/rainsoftenings
@zxwxz me, popping in again a year and six months later: EXCELLENT JOB

Seriously, you've done a fantastic job categorising these, thank you so much for the effort! I don't personally need it because I forced myself to memorise all familiars but I know many people need some sort of guide so that is so nice. Now I've been thinking hard about a specific term these past two weeks and it really occurred to me: the term "bug" can be used for any sort of a small terrestrial arthropod and not be wrong because "bug" is a broad term, but insects are just a small part of arthropods and is a very specific and scientific term :eyes: so I truly believe that instead of categorising certain familiars as "insect-like", I think "bug-like" would be much better! Because, you know, when you're home alone during summer and suddenly hear your neighbour yelling "AH THOSE GOD DAMN BUGS", they could have meant a lot of things but if someone yelled "AH those gosh darn insects of the Tingidae family are all over my walls and they keep biting me!!", now that would be very specific, if you catch my drift ,':^) we have a problem with some lace bugs and they're everywhere

I think I'm liking this humorous tone a lot more than the one before. I'm working on myself and I swear I don't wanna be annoying so I should better do it like this >:))) Good yard!
@zxwxz me, popping in again a year and six months later: EXCELLENT JOB

Seriously, you've done a fantastic job categorising these, thank you so much for the effort! I don't personally need it because I forced myself to memorise all familiars but I know many people need some sort of guide so that is so nice. Now I've been thinking hard about a specific term these past two weeks and it really occurred to me: the term "bug" can be used for any sort of a small terrestrial arthropod and not be wrong because "bug" is a broad term, but insects are just a small part of arthropods and is a very specific and scientific term :eyes: so I truly believe that instead of categorising certain familiars as "insect-like", I think "bug-like" would be much better! Because, you know, when you're home alone during summer and suddenly hear your neighbour yelling "AH THOSE GOD DAMN BUGS", they could have meant a lot of things but if someone yelled "AH those gosh darn insects of the Tingidae family are all over my walls and they keep biting me!!", now that would be very specific, if you catch my drift ,':^) we have a problem with some lace bugs and they're everywhere

I think I'm liking this humorous tone a lot more than the one before. I'm working on myself and I swear I don't wanna be annoying so I should better do it like this >:))) Good yard!
Link to art shopLink to skin shopImage depicting a large blue crab carrying produce on their back, its purpose being a background element for the signatureLink to a personal log thread containing various different links, information and sources
@ZxwxZ

This is an amazing guide, very helpful! Thank you so much for making it!
Can you add me to the ping list please? :)
@ZxwxZ

This is an amazing guide, very helpful! Thank you so much for making it!
Can you add me to the ping list please? :)
[emoji=mystery bag size=1] The 2.3.5 Visual Familiars Guide is here! The Cauldron Crawler and Glam Nudibranch now filed under the "Water Creatures" category. [item=Cauldron Crawler][item=Glam Nudibranch] [b]Notes:[/b] [LIST] [*]The "Insect-looking" category is renamed as "Bug-looking" thanks to @TehuMertt's suggestion! The word bug is used more in the (affectionate) sense of a "bugger". Not only insects, other arthropods (e.g. arachnids) and molluscs will also be thrown in here (unless other categories prioritize first, examples are below). [*]The Blue Dragon Reef Snail and Crimson Reef Snail are moved from "Scaly Things" to "Water Creatures" because they're snails from the reef. The Greatshell and Blueridge Greatshell are moved from "Scaly Things" to "Water Creatures" because sea turtles. [item=Blue Dragon Reef Snail][item=Crimson Reef Snail][item=Greatshell][item=Blueridge Greatshell] [/LIST] -pinged-
The 2.3.5 Visual Familiars Guide is here!

The Cauldron Crawler and Glam Nudibranch now filed under the "Water Creatures" category.

Cauldron Crawler Glam Nudibranch

Notes:
  • The "Insect-looking" category is renamed as "Bug-looking" thanks to @TehuMertt's suggestion! The word bug is used more in the (affectionate) sense of a "bugger". Not only insects, other arthropods (e.g. arachnids) and molluscs will also be thrown in here (unless other categories prioritize first, examples are below).
  • The Blue Dragon Reef Snail and Crimson Reef Snail are moved from "Scaly Things" to "Water Creatures" because they're snails from the reef. The Greatshell and Blueridge Greatshell are moved from "Scaly Things" to "Water Creatures" because sea turtles.
    Blue Dragon Reef Snail Crimson Reef Snail Greatshell Blueridge Greatshell

-pinged-
vfJxCVy.png
@Molu @Sp00kyShuu

Thanks! You are now added to the pinglist c :
@Molu @Sp00kyShuu

Thanks! You are now added to the pinglist c :
vfJxCVy.png
This is excellent! Thank you for notifying me! c:
This is excellent! Thank you for notifying me! c:
Link to art shopLink to skin shopImage depicting a large blue crab carrying produce on their back, its purpose being a background element for the signatureLink to a personal log thread containing various different links, information and sources
Wouldn't the nudibranches be in water creatures because they live in the ocean?
Wouldn't the nudibranches be in water creatures because they live in the ocean?
SnailDivider.png
YCOzZhb.gif

Lemon Flight
nudibranch.png
Beating UM with just a Tynamo
ridgeback s o u p
nudibranch.png
fr time + 3
SnailDivider2.png
@GardenSnail

Yeah... I pondered on that as well when I made the update. My reasoning was they look more like land animals than anything (fingered-hands) and nowhere in their descriptions mentioned water. Cauldron Crawler's description even specifically mentioned that it can "traverse any surface with ease", which gives me a caterpillar feel.

But you're probably right, Nudibranch is by default a sea creature, and also I have counted frogs and skinks in the water creature category before.

In fact the actual reason I had put them in the bug category is because the water category is getting too large and it's giving me anxiety
@GardenSnail

Yeah... I pondered on that as well when I made the update. My reasoning was they look more like land animals than anything (fingered-hands) and nowhere in their descriptions mentioned water. Cauldron Crawler's description even specifically mentioned that it can "traverse any surface with ease", which gives me a caterpillar feel.

But you're probably right, Nudibranch is by default a sea creature, and also I have counted frogs and skinks in the water creature category before.

In fact the actual reason I had put them in the bug category is because the water category is getting too large and it's giving me anxiety
vfJxCVy.png
[quote name="ZxwxZ" date="2019-10-12 10:07:21" ] @\GardenSnail Yeah... I pondered on that as well when I made the update. My reasoning was they look more like land animals than anything (fingered-hands) and nowhere in their descriptions mentioned water. Cauldron Crawler's description even specifically mentioned that it can "traverse any surface with ease", which gives me a caterpillar feel. But you're probably right, Nudibranch is by default a sea creature, and also I have counted frogs and skinks in the water creature category before. In fact the actual reason I had put them in the bug category is because the water category is getting too large and it's giving me anxiety [/quote] Ah, okay. [s]I mean, we could just have a separate amphibian category, and/or gastropod category[/s]
ZxwxZ wrote on 2019-10-12 10:07:21:
@\GardenSnail

Ah, okay. I mean, we could just have a separate amphibian category, and/or gastropod category
SnailDivider.png
YCOzZhb.gif

Lemon Flight
nudibranch.png
Beating UM with just a Tynamo
ridgeback s o u p
nudibranch.png
fr time + 3
SnailDivider2.png
[emoji=plague rune size=1] The 2.3.6 Visual Familiars Guide is here! The Contagion Gem Guardian is now filed under the "Festival, Anniversary, Downtime, and Kickstart Familiars and Their Variants" category. The Maren Sorceress and Redfin Wavespinner are filed under the "Water Creatures" category. [item=Contagion Gem Guardian][item=Maren Sorceress][item=Redfin Wavespinner] [b]Notes:[/b] [LIST] [*]Maren Sorceress and Redfin Wavespinner are also added to the Maren subgroup in the [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/gde/2376787/1#post_31710627]"Beastclans On The Rise" group[/url] [/LIST] -pinged-
The 2.3.6 Visual Familiars Guide is here!

The Contagion Gem Guardian is now filed under the "Festival, Anniversary, Downtime, and Kickstart Familiars and Their Variants" category. The Maren Sorceress and Redfin Wavespinner are filed under the "Water Creatures" category.

Contagion Gem Guardian Maren Sorceress Redfin Wavespinner

Notes:
-pinged-
vfJxCVy.png
1 2 ... 16 17 18 19 20 ... 23 24