Back

Guides

Community created guides, helpful strategies, and more.
TOPIC | outfit/apparel layering ideas [WIP]
1 2 ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... 22 23
At this stage, I wonder if organizing them by location might make more sense- y'know, full outfit, head, legs, body, wings, neck. Sometimes I have trouble placing them in an existing theme.
At this stage, I wonder if organizing them by location might make more sense- y'know, full outfit, head, legs, body, wings, neck. Sometimes I have trouble placing them in an existing theme.
Hey, just letting you know that you weren't pinging us every time you updated! Obviously, you can still keep it on a google docs sheet, I just thought I'd let you know, that, (as far as I know) pings only work once per post. Like if you ping a person twice in one post they only get one ping. And I'm pretty sure that if you ping someone in a post, edit the post and delete the ping, and then edit again and add the ping back, they'll only get the first ping.

And to verify this I'll try everything I said, and let me know how many pings you get! ^^

@UnicornCrazy @UnicornCrazy
Hey, just letting you know that you weren't pinging us every time you updated! Obviously, you can still keep it on a google docs sheet, I just thought I'd let you know, that, (as far as I know) pings only work once per post. Like if you ping a person twice in one post they only get one ping. And I'm pretty sure that if you ping someone in a post, edit the post and delete the ping, and then edit again and add the ping back, they'll only get the first ping.

And to verify this I'll try everything I said, and let me know how many pings you get! ^^

@UnicornCrazy @UnicornCrazy
45082747.pngm5-l17-m5-book.pngm5-l17-l17-book.pngwSEhN14.pngXXPmkbA.gif zZpjH5e.gifhMGipS8.pngm9-l16-m9-book.pngm9-l16-l16-book.png44700172.png
Hmm, that's not a bad idea @Cuniculosa but I do also like having it sorted by theme... I had been considering implementing a tagging system to them, though, so people could more easily used ctrl+f to find what they wanted...

Okay, people, question! What would be best:
  1. Keep this as is, with ideas sorted by theme.
  2. Take Cuniculosa's suggestion and sort by area of application instead. (I would still have to separate the full outfits to different posts, as there'll be too many otherwise.)
  3. Do one of the above, but also implement a system where each outfit has a few tags applied, and you can use ctrl+f to find what you want more easily.
  4. Some other cool thing I hadn't thought of, make suggestions!

Pinging for answers to this! I want to make this as helpful to you all as I can!
@Eskarine @chocoapple @VoodooVixen @Lightshadow101 @butcherbaby @Kikkoman @Alskasaur @PixelSpiral @Neoma @MeralHunt @Graveworm @Buffykiev @Rav3nw1nged @Dawnsky23 @Arrakis

Also, @Alaskasaur good to know you didn't get multiple pings from me editing it, however I did get two pings from that post you made. Curiously, they're logged a minute apart in my log! Try editing it, see if I get pinged again then?
Hmm, that's not a bad idea @Cuniculosa but I do also like having it sorted by theme... I had been considering implementing a tagging system to them, though, so people could more easily used ctrl+f to find what they wanted...

Okay, people, question! What would be best:
  1. Keep this as is, with ideas sorted by theme.
  2. Take Cuniculosa's suggestion and sort by area of application instead. (I would still have to separate the full outfits to different posts, as there'll be too many otherwise.)
  3. Do one of the above, but also implement a system where each outfit has a few tags applied, and you can use ctrl+f to find what you want more easily.
  4. Some other cool thing I hadn't thought of, make suggestions!

Pinging for answers to this! I want to make this as helpful to you all as I can!
@Eskarine @chocoapple @VoodooVixen @Lightshadow101 @butcherbaby @Kikkoman @Alskasaur @PixelSpiral @Neoma @MeralHunt @Graveworm @Buffykiev @Rav3nw1nged @Dawnsky23 @Arrakis

Also, @Alaskasaur good to know you didn't get multiple pings from me editing it, however I did get two pings from that post you made. Curiously, they're logged a minute apart in my log! Try editing it, see if I get pinged again then?
My pencil is my wand, my imagination my magic. I spin worlds from words and planets from pencils, for I am a writer and an artist and above all a creator.

ey/em, FR+8,
@UnicornCrazy

Hmm, maybe you should go by theme, with tag words for ctrl+f. I don't know.
@UnicornCrazy

Hmm, maybe you should go by theme, with tag words for ctrl+f. I don't know.
tumblr_ot0059o4wr1v8lm95o1_r1_100.png hi, i'm may! nice to meet you. feel free to send a PM if you'd like to say hi! WKtl2lb.png
WQA384m.png
ZbNAjCO.png
Ahh, okay, so I was wrong about the last part! Deleting a ping and adding it back will ping the person again!! And I edited now, to strike out the part I was wrong about! ^^

Also, to answer the question, I do really like Cuniculosa's idea mixed with 3. Like organizing them by location and then organizing that by style. For example having head gear all in one post and having that post be organized as magical, steampunk, armor, and so on.
Ahh, okay, so I was wrong about the last part! Deleting a ping and adding it back will ping the person again!! And I edited now, to strike out the part I was wrong about! ^^

Also, to answer the question, I do really like Cuniculosa's idea mixed with 3. Like organizing them by location and then organizing that by style. For example having head gear all in one post and having that post be organized as magical, steampunk, armor, and so on.
45082747.pngm5-l17-m5-book.pngm5-l17-l17-book.pngwSEhN14.pngXXPmkbA.gif zZpjH5e.gifhMGipS8.pngm9-l16-m9-book.pngm9-l16-l16-book.png44700172.png
I like the sort by theme with tags for the area.
I like the sort by theme with tags for the area.
Seeking Gen1 Flaxen/Midnight,Steel-Abyss/Midnight,Steel-Abyss
KHOiAv3.pnglPpogfJ.pngxGzwQab.pngwsU1mG4.pngdO6FQIW.pnghrbqzip.png7ESWNLx.png7XPr7wW.pngTBH15GG.pngHGGhJuM.pngRYy3HXn.pngU4YPA7B.pngB5yHFLM.png

scribblesisonlydoodling.gif

Koi%20Signature_zpsphzlcqrx.png[/columns]v2.png

oc4pg8L.png

lightsmall3_by_lichtdrache-da7ztog.png

JscoHOG.png

SgonDOb.png
@Alskasaur I got more pings when you edited it then too. xD So maybe it was a good job I moved the pinglist out of the post. :p Although, maybe the rules are different for the first post in a thread? I've no idea.

I'll let more people answer the sorting question before I make a decision. I gotta sleep anyway so I'll see in the morning what's gotten the majority of votes. So far adding tags is looking like a pretty unanimous yes either way, though.
@Alskasaur I got more pings when you edited it then too. xD So maybe it was a good job I moved the pinglist out of the post. :p Although, maybe the rules are different for the first post in a thread? I've no idea.

I'll let more people answer the sorting question before I make a decision. I gotta sleep anyway so I'll see in the morning what's gotten the majority of votes. So far adding tags is looking like a pretty unanimous yes either way, though.
My pencil is my wand, my imagination my magic. I spin worlds from words and planets from pencils, for I am a writer and an artist and above all a creator.

ey/em, FR+8,
I like ideas 1 + 3 for sorting - sorted by theme, with tags for easy searching
I like ideas 1 + 3 for sorting - sorted by theme, with tags for easy searching
Dappervolk ID #27689
Rbf96Oh.gifCuK85yM.pngtRNevRC.gif
Personally I like the idea of location (head, body, wings, etc) and # tags for theme (creepy, battle, etc). Full outfits in a separate section, might be sorted by theme.
Personally I like the idea of location (head, body, wings, etc) and # tags for theme (creepy, battle, etc). Full outfits in a separate section, might be sorted by theme.
Thank you for keeping this project going! Please keep me on the pinglist/add me to it! :D
Thank you for keeping this project going! Please keep me on the pinglist/add me to it! :D
1 2 ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... 22 23