Back

Guides

Community created guides, helpful strategies, and more.
TOPIC | outfit/apparel layering ideas [WIP]
1 2 ... 14 15 16 17 18 ... 22 23
@DraconianLucian added!
@DraconianLucian added!
My pencil is my wand, my imagination my magic. I spin worlds from words and planets from pencils, for I am a writer and an artist and above all a creator.

ey/em, FR+8,
Wow this is such a great thread!!! I really struggle with outfit ideas for a lot of my permas so this has been super inspiring :D Here is one bit of layering I've managed on my own that I really like: [outfit=545458] [b]Name:*[/b] Wrapped Skull [b]Tags:[/b] Mad scientist, skull, head [b]primary category:*[/b] Layering [b]subcategory:*[/b] Creepy / Dark [b]Does it contain Festive/NoTN/Retired apparel:*[/b] Yes [b]Does it work on all breeds/genders:*[/b] No [b]Best on:[/b] Imperial, Guardian, Pearlcatcher, Ridgeback, Skydancer M, Tundra F, [b]Questionable on:[/b] Bogsneak M, Bogsneak F*, Coatl*, Fae*, Nocturne*, Mirror*, Skydancer F*, Spiral*, Tundra M*, [b]Doesn't work on:[/b] Snapper, Wildclaw [b]Apparel:*[/b] [item=black protective eyewear] [item=black linen head wrap] [item=black linen neck wrap] [item=sanddune rags] [b]Variations:[/b] Boneyard red: [item=black protective eyewear] [item=maroon head wrap] [item=maroon neck wrap] [item=boneyard tatters] Can also work with other colors of wraps and eyewear, these are just the ones I feel look best [b]Notes:[/b] Originally designed for imperial because I love how the head wrap goes up their antlers... * - the green reflection on the eyewear is visible, which doesn't really match IMO, but may work depending on the coloration of the dragon. All "questionable" should still look good without the eyewear.
Wow this is such a great thread!!! I really struggle with outfit ideas for a lot of my permas so this has been super inspiring :D

Here is one bit of layering I've managed on my own that I really like:

Wrapped Skull

Name:* Wrapped Skull
Tags: Mad scientist, skull, head
primary category:* Layering
subcategory:* Creepy / Dark
Does it contain Festive/NoTN/Retired apparel:* Yes
Does it work on all breeds/genders:* No
Best on: Imperial, Guardian, Pearlcatcher, Ridgeback, Skydancer M, Tundra F,
Questionable on: Bogsneak M, Bogsneak F*, Coatl*, Fae*, Nocturne*, Mirror*, Skydancer F*, Spiral*, Tundra M*,
Doesn't work on: Snapper, Wildclaw
Apparel:* Black Protective Eyewear Black Linen Head Wrap Black Linen Neck Wrap Sanddune Rags
Variations: Boneyard red: Black Protective Eyewear Maroon Head Wrap Maroon Neck Wrap Boneyard Tatters

Can also work with other colors of wraps and eyewear, these are just the ones I feel look best
Notes: Originally designed for imperial because I love how the head wrap goes up their antlers...

* - the green reflection on the eyewear is visible, which doesn't really match IMO, but may work depending on the coloration of the dragon.

All "questionable" should still look good without the eyewear.
WU8xZ8t.png .....

James
they/them
witchy queer
@UnicornCrazy Herbalist! I'll try making another color/theme sometime too, it was fun but I went through like 30 pages of listings of clothing to try and assemble something! lol
@UnicornCrazy Herbalist! I'll try making another color/theme sometime too, it was fun but I went through like 30 pages of listings of clothing to try and assemble something! lol
RWw9m2h.png Pixel-lv-1.png
[quote name="heartnotes" date="2018-09-09 23:05:43" ] @UnicornCrazy Herbalist! I'll try making another color/theme sometime too, it was fun but I went through like 30 pages of listings of clothing to try and assemble something! lol [/quote] That's some dedication
heartnotes wrote on 2018-09-09 23:05:43:
That's some dedication
l5KIkf4.png
this is one of the most helpful guides i have ever seen, bless you have this lil thing i've been toying around with [b]Name:*[/b] [sub]oh man i am bad at names[/sub] Sunset Trickster [b]Tags:[/b] [b]primary category:*[/b] outfit, layering [b]subcategory:*[/b] fancy [b]Does it contain Festive/NoTN/Retired apparel:*[/b] yes, notn [b]Does it work on all breeds/genders:*[/b] no [b]Best on:[/b] guardians, faes, mirror f, skydancer m, pearlcatcher m, ridgebacks, coatls, wildclaw f, nocturnes [b]Questionable on:[/b] mirror m, bogsneaks, pearlcatcher f, imperial m, wildclaw m, tundras, skydancer f [b]Doesn't work on:[/b] imperial f, spirals [b]Picture:[/b] [img]http://www1.flightrising.com/dgen/dressing-room/dummy?breed=2&gender=0&skin=0&apparel=20836,13080,22818,10880,18781,18813&xt=dressing.png[/img] [b]Apparel:*[/b] [outfit=544738] [b]Variations:[/b] [outfit=545987] [outfit=545991] [outfit=545994] [b]Notes:[/b] outfit was made for [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?p=lair&id=348948&tab=dragon&did=38186388]this guy[/url] at first.
this is one of the most helpful guides i have ever seen, bless you

have this lil thing i've been toying around with

Name:* oh man i am bad at names Sunset Trickster
Tags:
primary category:* outfit, layering
subcategory:* fancy
Does it contain Festive/NoTN/Retired apparel:* yes, notn
Does it work on all breeds/genders:* no
Best on: guardians, faes, mirror f, skydancer m, pearlcatcher m, ridgebacks, coatls, wildclaw f, nocturnes
Questionable on: mirror m, bogsneaks, pearlcatcher f, imperial m, wildclaw m, tundras, skydancer f
Doesn't work on: imperial f, spirals
Picture: dummy?breed=2&gender=0&skin=0&apparel=20836,13080,22818,10880,18781,18813&xt=dressing.png
Apparel:*
YEET - og

Variations:
YEET - blue

YEET - soft

YEET - deep forest

Notes: outfit was made for this guy at first.
mischievous creature of flesh and bones
I adore this guide so much, especially all the little layering tricks! If I find any or make an outfit that can have variations, I'll be sure to submit it!
I adore this guide so much, especially all the little layering tricks! If I find any or make an outfit that can have variations, I'll be sure to submit it!
output-onlinepngtools.pngI refuse...
@UnicornCrazy I have a few submissions. The first one is an armored cloak. It works with the rest of the bloodscale set, but I chose to exclude it for the sake of simplicity. Good for warlocks and battlemages. [url=http://www1.flightrising.com/dressing/outfit/546107][img]http://www1.flightrising.com/dgen/dressing-room/dummy?breed=1&gender=1&skin=0&apparel=739,15305&xt=dressing.png[/img][/url] another armored cloak [url=http://www1.flightrising.com/dressing/outfit/546131][img]http://www1.flightrising.com/dgen/dressing-room/dummy?breed=14&gender=0&skin=0&apparel=24519,15305,15306&xt=dressing.png[/img][/url] The next one is a plumed cape. Some color variations work better than others, but there are options. [url=http://www1.flightrising.com/dressing/outfit/546167][img]http://www1.flightrising.com/dgen/dressing-room/dummy?breed=14&gender=1&skin=0&apparel=26545,2125&xt=dressing.png[/img] [/url] The last one is a ninja outfit. The katana can be swapped for a bow too. (I wish we had daggers) [url=http://www1.flightrising.com/dressing/outfit/546201][img]http://www1.flightrising.com/dgen/dressing-room/dummy?breed=11&gender=1&skin=0&apparel=13824,13856,13800,17287,17270,17278,13832,17244,17262,17286,13840,13816&xt=dressing.png[/img][/url]
@UnicornCrazy

I have a few submissions.

The first one is an armored cloak. It works with the rest of the bloodscale set, but I chose to exclude it for the sake of simplicity. Good for warlocks and battlemages.

dummy?breed=1&gender=1&skin=0&apparel=739,15305&xt=dressing.png

another armored cloak

dummy?breed=14&gender=0&skin=0&apparel=24519,15305,15306&xt=dressing.png

The next one is a plumed cape. Some color variations work better than others, but there are options.
dummy?breed=14&gender=1&skin=0&apparel=26545,2125&xt=dressing.png

The last one is a ninja outfit. The katana can be swapped for a bow too. (I wish we had daggers)

dummy?breed=11&gender=1&skin=0&apparel=13824,13856,13800,17287,17270,17278,13832,17244,17262,17286,13840,13816&xt=dressing.png
cp13w5x.png2vuMJuM.png
I am absolutely in love with this thread! I plan to save it to my list so that I can watch it evolve.
I am absolutely in love with this thread! I plan to save it to my list so that I can watch it evolve.
The old ways are lost, but so am I

IuAQKUa.png
@UnicornCrazy
Have you tried a monocle and steampunk goggles? It doesn't work too well for most breeds but a few can pull it off

Not Found
@UnicornCrazy
Have you tried a monocle and steampunk goggles? It doesn't work too well for most breeds but a few can pull it off

Not Found
I like to give people stuff haha
@UnicornCrazy [b]Name: Primal Gold Filigree[/b] [b]Tags: Warrior[/b] [b]primary category:*[/b] Outfit [b]subcategory:*[/b] Battle/Armour [b]Does it contain Festive/NoTN/Retired apparel:*[/b] No [b]Does it work on all breeds/genders:*[/b] No [b]Best on:[/b] Skydancers, Bogsneak M, Coatls, Guardian F, Imps, Mirrors, Nocturnes, Pc F, Ridgebacks, Snappers, Spirals, Tundras, WC M [b]Questionable on:[/b] Faes (Fine, but cluttered), Guardian M (Layer gauntlets and claws under tail tatters), Pc M (Tail tatters layered weirdly), WC F (Tail tatters are weird) [b]Doesn't work on:[/b] Bogsneak F [b]Picture:[/b] (Have if possible) [img]http://www1.flightrising.com/dgen/dressing-room/dummy?breed=13&gender=1&skin=0&apparel=8601,18823,8600,18799,18783,18815,9218,9449,460,9816,8813,26855&xt=dressing.png[/img] [b]Apparel:*[/b] (Link outfit and/or put all apparel in order, top-down) [outfit=560785] [b]Variations:[/b] [outfit=560777] [outfit=560780] [outfit=560781] [outfit=560782] [outfit=560848] [outfit=560783] [b]Notes:[/b] Copper doesn't go with anything, but you can swap gold and burnished Here's a fancier version, ignoring the accents [outfit=559570] [outfit=559612]
@UnicornCrazy
Name: Primal Gold Filigree
Tags: Warrior
primary category:* Outfit
subcategory:* Battle/Armour
Does it contain Festive/NoTN/Retired apparel:* No
Does it work on all breeds/genders:* No
Best on: Skydancers, Bogsneak M, Coatls, Guardian F, Imps, Mirrors, Nocturnes, Pc F, Ridgebacks, Snappers, Spirals, Tundras, WC M
Questionable on: Faes (Fine, but cluttered), Guardian M (Layer gauntlets and claws under tail tatters), Pc M (Tail tatters layered weirdly), WC F (Tail tatters are weird)
Doesn't work on: Bogsneak F
Picture: (Have if possible)
dummy?breed=13&gender=1&skin=0&apparel=8601,18823,8600,18799,18783,18815,9218,9449,460,9816,8813,26855&xt=dressing.png
Apparel:* (Link outfit and/or put all apparel in order, top-down)
Primal Gold

Variations:
Verdant Barbarian

Fero Alab Fil

Fero Hoary Variant

FBE

Furious Ebony

Wild Cobalt

Notes: Copper doesn't go with anything, but you can swap gold and burnished
Here's a fancier version, ignoring the accents
Elio 5

Crinkles