Back

Guides

Community created guides, helpful strategies, and more.
TOPIC | [TOOL] Squid's Automated Bio Templates
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
[center][size=5][b]Squid's Automated Bio Templates[/b][/size][/center] [b]News[/b] -- The update broke the first template, but this is easily fixed by either making a new sheet copy or visiting [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/gde/2353280/6#post_43581167]this post here[/url] to make the few quick changes yourself. -- I've added a 'vista-friendly' lite version of the first. If you'd like a vista-friendly version of the second, ping me to let me know and I'll add it! ------ Tired of changing all the images, content, and coloring by hand in your bio templates? I've created a spreadsheet where you can simply enter the info and links into cells, copy and paste the code, and easily create visually distinct bios for each of your dragons. Save all your bios in their own columns to easily add new art or make small changes. I've personally found this to significantly increase my speed and creativity in my own templates, and I've already powered through nearly 2 pages of my lair in a short amount of time using this! [b]Terms of Use[/b] [LIST] [*]Edits are okay, but please do not remove the credits portion that links back to this thread (or, if you were using the first version I circulated on tumblr, links back to my profile). [*]Do let me know if you use it. It's not required of course, but I like to see what other people do with it and get really excited :o [*]Might take requests, let me know if you have an idea! [/LIST] [center]» » - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - ¤ - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - « «[/center] [b]Templates[/b] There is only one at the moment, but I really enjoy making these and would like to make more of them in the future. I have also taken commissions for automating individuals' templates for private use and am open to PMs inquiring into this. Each template will be located on a different tab in my bio template spreadsheet. Previews and details for each template can be found in the next post. [center][b][url=https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1HDJCVWGXpjHXQNdRaLLFUqikiCLUwYkrfab6rIlTDp0/edit?usp=sharing][color=blue]Click here to view the spreadsheet.[/color][/url][/b] Note: Please do not request access to the spreadsheet. You have to make a copy to use it.[/center] [b]Instructions for Use[/b] [u]Most Important Rule[/u]: Do not edit the rows that have LIGHT TEAL font and background as this will break the formulas/template. [u]To add a new dragon to the spreadsheet[/u]: Copy and Paste the "template" column to a new column. You can see how my template looks like so: [img]https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/393829612603572235/398981005609795584/unknown.png[/img] Having all of your dragons in distinct columns makes it easy to go back and edit each bio. When bugs are fixed in the template, I simply have to drag the row the bug was fixed in horizontally to fix it on all dragons. Plus, now you have back-ups in case something goes wrong! [u]To add a new piece of art[/u]: Copy and paste all the rows between Art Image and Art Entry below the last art entry. New art will automatically be added. [img]https://media.discordapp.net/attachments/393829612603572235/398981870005518362/unknown.png[/img] [u]To add a bio to the dragon[/u]: Simply copy and paste the pink cell at the top! [u]Note[/u]: The credits section still needs to be hand-coded, so that you can more appropriately account for all the things that need to be sourced. The template uses an icon by Osiem, and credits them accordingly. [u]Any other questions?[/u]: Feel free to post in the thread and ask!
Squid's Automated Bio Templates

News

-- The update broke the first template, but this is easily fixed by either making a new sheet copy or visiting this post here to make the few quick changes yourself.

-- I've added a 'vista-friendly' lite version of the first. If you'd like a vista-friendly version of the second, ping me to let me know and I'll add it!

Tired of changing all the images, content, and coloring by hand in your bio templates? I've created a spreadsheet where you can simply enter the info and links into cells, copy and paste the code, and easily create visually distinct bios for each of your dragons.

Save all your bios in their own columns to easily add new art or make small changes.

I've personally found this to significantly increase my speed and creativity in my own templates, and I've already powered through nearly 2 pages of my lair in a short amount of time using this!

Terms of Use
  • Edits are okay, but please do not remove the credits portion that links back to this thread (or, if you were using the first version I circulated on tumblr, links back to my profile).
  • Do let me know if you use it. It's not required of course, but I like to see what other people do with it and get really excited :o
  • Might take requests, let me know if you have an idea!

» » - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - ¤ - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - « «

Templates

There is only one at the moment, but I really enjoy making these and would like to make more of them in the future. I have also taken commissions for automating individuals' templates for private use and am open to PMs inquiring into this.

Each template will be located on a different tab in my bio template spreadsheet.

Previews and details for each template can be found in the next post.

Click here to view the spreadsheet.

Note: Please do not request access to the spreadsheet. You have to make a copy to use it.

Instructions for Use

Most Important Rule: Do not edit the rows that have LIGHT TEAL font and background as this will break the formulas/template.

To add a new dragon to the spreadsheet: Copy and Paste the "template" column to a new column. You can see how my template looks like so:

unknown.png

Having all of your dragons in distinct columns makes it easy to go back and edit each bio. When bugs are fixed in the template, I simply have to drag the row the bug was fixed in horizontally to fix it on all dragons. Plus, now you have back-ups in case something goes wrong!

To add a new piece of art: Copy and paste all the rows between Art Image and Art Entry below the last art entry. New art will automatically be added.

unknown.png

To add a bio to the dragon: Simply copy and paste the pink cell at the top!

Note: The credits section still needs to be hand-coded, so that you can more appropriately account for all the things that need to be sourced. The template uses an icon by Osiem, and credits them accordingly.

Any other questions?: Feel free to post in the thread and ask!
WpjbI2U.gif
squid/winter | FR+3 | they/them | spelled squidra-gon (like octagon)
[center][img]http://78.media.tumblr.com/e205c580502798718a7d5a4d785d34d9/tumblr_ozlbfiw6o01rttjdio1_500.png[/img] [img]http://78.media.tumblr.com/24177ea2bef8c8593dbf6fd0f392bfb5/tumblr_ozlbfiw6o01rttjdio2_250.png[/img][img]http://78.media.tumblr.com/d14e679e512a5c1e8b597d0a7abbc086/tumblr_ozlbfiw6o01rttjdio3_250.png[/img][/center] [center][size=4][b]Template 1: Hearts[/b][/size][/center] [b]Features[/b] [LIST] [*]Ability to easily swap out or change between 6 different icon-sized images, 1 familiar-sized image, and 3 different colors (header, sub-header, and accent). [*]Accommodates 6 bullet points / paragraphs, 5 relationships / links to other dragons, 5 notes / comments, and infinite art. [*]Contains space for custom coding above and below the art for special notes, longer written texts, and more. [*]Easy to use without knowledge of bbcode or spreadsheets. [*]Portions left blank will be replaced with a note that says "none." Don't have anything to put there? Simply leave it out! [*]This template has been fixed for the new bios. It is not vista-friendly. [/LIST] [center][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?p=lair&id=48487&tab=dragon&did=22173613]Live Example[/url][/center] [b]Pinglist for Bug Fixes on Template 1: Hearts[/b] Nevros, remuslupn, StarN1ght, JynxTheTrickster [rule] [center][img]https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/498845335439802368/719638551800578099/unknown.png[/img][/center] [center][size=4][b]Template 1B: Hearts - Lightweight[/b][/size][/center] [b]Features[/b] [LIST] [*]Ability to easily swap out or change between 7 different icon-sized images and 3 different colors (header, sub-header, and accent). [*]Accommodates 6 bullet points / paragraphs, 5 relationships / links to other dragons, 5 notes / comments, and infinite art. [*]Contains space for custom coding above and below the art for special notes, longer written texts, and more. [*]Easy to use without knowledge of bbcode or spreadsheets. [*]Portions left blank will be replaced with a note that says "none." Don't have anything to put there? Simply leave it out! [*]This template is vista friendly. [/LIST] [b]Pinglist for Bug Fixes on Template 1B: Hearts - Lightweight[/b] n/a [rule] [center][img]https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/348501958706987009/431111799975182356/unknown.png[/img][/center] [center][size=4][b]Template 2: Grid[/b][/size][/center] [b]Features[/b] [LIST] [*]Ability to easily swap out or change between 4 different icon-sized images and 2 different colors (header and accent). [*]Accommodates a brief, single-paragraph lore blurb, a list of traits, a sentence-long quote, up to 5 relatives, 2 custom subheadings, and infinite art. [*]Contains space for custom coding above and below the art for special notes, longer written texts, and more. [*]Easy to use without knowledge of bbcode or spreadsheets. [*]Relatives left blank will be replaced with a note that says "none." Don't have anything to put there? Simply leave it out! [*]This template is not vista-friendly, but it could be. Ping me if you want me to add a vista-friendly version. [/LIST] [b]Pinglist for Bug Fixes on Template 2: Grid[/b] menecio
tumblr_ozlbfiw6o01rttjdio1_500.png
tumblr_ozlbfiw6o01rttjdio2_250.pngtumblr_ozlbfiw6o01rttjdio3_250.png

Template 1: Hearts

Features
  • Ability to easily swap out or change between 6 different icon-sized images, 1 familiar-sized image, and 3 different colors (header, sub-header, and accent).
  • Accommodates 6 bullet points / paragraphs, 5 relationships / links to other dragons, 5 notes / comments, and infinite art.
  • Contains space for custom coding above and below the art for special notes, longer written texts, and more.
  • Easy to use without knowledge of bbcode or spreadsheets.
  • Portions left blank will be replaced with a note that says "none." Don't have anything to put there? Simply leave it out!
  • This template has been fixed for the new bios. It is not vista-friendly.

Pinglist for Bug Fixes on Template 1: Hearts

Nevros, remuslupn, StarN1ght, JynxTheTrickster

unknown.png

Template 1B: Hearts - Lightweight

Features
  • Ability to easily swap out or change between 7 different icon-sized images and 3 different colors (header, sub-header, and accent).
  • Accommodates 6 bullet points / paragraphs, 5 relationships / links to other dragons, 5 notes / comments, and infinite art.
  • Contains space for custom coding above and below the art for special notes, longer written texts, and more.
  • Portions left blank will be replaced with a note that says "none." Don't have anything to put there? Simply leave it out!
  • This template is vista friendly.

Pinglist for Bug Fixes on Template 1B: Hearts - Lightweight

n/a

unknown.png

Template 2: Grid

Features
  • Ability to easily swap out or change between 4 different icon-sized images and 2 different colors (header and accent).
  • Accommodates a brief, single-paragraph lore blurb, a list of traits, a sentence-long quote, up to 5 relatives, 2 custom subheadings, and infinite art.
  • Relatives left blank will be replaced with a note that says "none." Don't have anything to put there? Simply leave it out!
  • This template is not vista-friendly, but it could be. Ping me if you want me to add a vista-friendly version.

Pinglist for Bug Fixes on Template 2: Grid

menecio
WpjbI2U.gif
Pinglist for New Templates

Nevros, Buffykiev, MixterVEE, StarN1ght, Marley93, Talismarr, chefsquirrel999, JynxTheTrickster, quinnelope, LadyRenee, SnowyWaves, VoodooVixen, Voidspeaker, Kieta, ToriChibi, LadyofSpiders, NashiraNeko, menecio, Selah, menecio, wickedgarden, NerdySnivy, dragonscales10, Goblincat, HerLadyship
Pinglist for New Templates

Nevros, Buffykiev, MixterVEE, StarN1ght, Marley93, Talismarr, chefsquirrel999, JynxTheTrickster, quinnelope, LadyRenee, SnowyWaves, VoodooVixen, Voidspeaker, Kieta, ToriChibi, LadyofSpiders, NashiraNeko, menecio, Selah, menecio, wickedgarden, NerdySnivy, dragonscales10, Goblincat, HerLadyship
WpjbI2U.gif
I love anything automated *__* this is awesome, @squidragon
I love anything automated *__* this is awesome, @squidragon
fr_danika5.png notn_buttrocks.png 70u2TUD.png
Awesome!!
Awesome!!
fiFase7.png Draca
She/They
FRT +3
Roleplay Clan
If you do art comms I'm probably on your pinglist lol
Saving this for when I'm on the computer.
Saving this for when I'm on the computer.
hANn2C0.gif
@squidragon ooo great job! Please add me to the pinglist for bug fixes/ new templates I am currently fiddling with the template and it's super neat. ^-^ I am using it for Epiphany's bio [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=19671462] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/196715/19671462_350.png[/img] [/url] Just a few things: How do we fix the spreadsheet spacing - for example when I edit relations sometimes sheets adds an extra space pushing the name bit onto the line under but I can't delete it. This is probably a user error >.> How do I add another header icon to the spread sheet? I was going to add another row and mimic the code until I realized it would push everything a row down and mess up the code. Would it work if I added the image under the art section and mimic the code with that column? Let me know if that doesn't make sense to you.
@squidragon

ooo great job! Please add me to the pinglist for bug fixes/ new templates

I am currently fiddling with the template and it's super neat. ^-^
I am using it for Epiphany's bio

19671462_350.png

Just a few things: How do we fix the spreadsheet spacing - for example when I edit relations sometimes sheets adds an extra space pushing the name bit onto the line under but I can't delete it. This is probably a user error >.>

How do I add another header icon to the spread sheet? I was going to add another row and mimic the code until I realized it would push everything a row down and mess up the code. Would it work if I added the image under the art section and mimic the code with that column? Let me know if that doesn't make sense to you.
UwUnl7O.png
@Nevros aaa it looks so nice!! To add another header icon, insert a new row above here: [img]https://media.discordapp.net/attachments/352241800141996032/399706730625499136/unknown.png[/img] Label that one Header Icon 5 and add the image url as you would the others. [img]https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/352241800141996032/399707097341755402/unknown.png[/img] Then change the cell in Part A to the following: [code]=concatenate("[center][img]", B3, "[/img][img]", B4, "[/img][img]", B5, "[/img][img]", B6, "[/img][img]",B7,"[/img][br][br][size=5][color=", B13, "]? [color=", B11, "]", B14, "[color=", B13, "] ?[/size][br][size=4][color=transparent]h[/color][/size][size=2][color=", B12, "]", B15, "[/size][size=4][color=transparent]h[/color][/size][/center][br][center][color=", B13, "]» » - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - ¤ - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - « «[/center]")[/code] Should look like this :D [img]https://media.discordapp.net/attachments/352241800141996032/399707826391351312/unknown.png[/img] I'm not sure about the extra space as I haven't seen it happen myself. Would you happen to have a screenshot of what's happening in the cells?
@Nevros aaa it looks so nice!!

To add another header icon, insert a new row above here:

unknown.png

Label that one Header Icon 5 and add the image url as you would the others.

unknown.png

Then change the cell in Part A to the following:
Code:
=concatenate("[center][img]", B3, "[/img][img]", B4, "[/img][img]", B5, "[/img][img]", B6, "[/img][img]",B7,"[/img][br][br][size=5][color=", B13, "]? [color=", B11, "]", B14, "[color=", B13, "] ?[/size][br][size=4][color=transparent]h[/color][/size][size=2][color=", B12, "]", B15, "[/size][size=4][color=transparent]h[/color][/size][/center][br][center][color=", B13, "]» » - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - ¤ - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - « «[/center]")

Should look like this :D

unknown.png

I'm not sure about the extra space as I haven't seen it happen myself. Would you happen to have a screenshot of what's happening in the cells?
WpjbI2U.gif
@squidragon

Ah sorry I didn't get a screenshot. I will screenshot it the next time it happens though!

Thank you for the help! I really like how simple it is to change the layout to fit, I am also learning a bit about coding. I never knew [br*] was a thing so double thanks!
@squidragon

Ah sorry I didn't get a screenshot. I will screenshot it the next time it happens though!

Thank you for the help! I really like how simple it is to change the layout to fit, I am also learning a bit about coding. I never knew [br*] was a thing so double thanks!
UwUnl7O.png
@squidragon

very neato! id like to be on a pinglist for new templates as well ;^^

i havent yet tried it but im going to hehhh
@squidragon

very neato! id like to be on a pinglist for new templates as well ;^^

i havent yet tried it but im going to hehhh
They/them pronouns. --- VEE
Yr9zWLj.pngAahcf5k.gifcQzxB9X.gif
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8