Back

Guides

Community created guides, helpful strategies, and more.
TOPIC | [Outdated] Lair Tab Simulator
1 2 ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... 10 11
This looks amazing, thank you so much for making it!
Im gonna have so much fun playing around with it :D
This looks amazing, thank you so much for making it!
Im gonna have so much fun playing around with it :D
MMIcon.pngcTJbhic.png
@Koobi I'm not the OP, but, yes you can insert another dragon. In the raw data sheet (Dragon Info) [b]right click[/b] where the row numbers are on the far left edge of your screen. On the list you will see "Insert one below" and "Insert one above", so if you right click on row 2 you can use the insert 1 below, and if you right click row 3 you can insert one above. It will bump everything one row down. [img]http://i.imgur.com/zKhW3Gp.png[/img] [img]http://i.imgur.com/bo77Je2.png[/img] Or, you could possibly cut-paste everything one row lower, but I'm not 100% sure that it wouldn't mess up the code.
@Koobi I'm not the OP, but, yes you can insert another dragon. In the raw data sheet (Dragon Info) right click where the row numbers are on the far left edge of your screen. On the list you will see "Insert one below" and "Insert one above", so if you right click on row 2 you can use the insert 1 below, and if you right click row 3 you can insert one above. It will bump everything one row down.

zKhW3Gp.png
bo77Je2.png

Or, you could possibly cut-paste everything one row lower, but I'm not 100% sure that it wouldn't mess up the code.
light_small.png
Happiness can be found,
even in the darkest of times,
if one only remembers to turn on the light.

light_small.png
Sorry it took me so long to reply to this ^^;; [quote name="@CuQuoise" date=2017-08-08 22:32:00] This is just incredible :o Hey, how can I make more lair groups? I have too many sub-clans [/quote] If you have lots of smaller clans, I'd recommend getting some smaller lair tabs from [url=http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/gde/2251920/1#post_28768373]the fix-it sheet[/url], but to duplicate a lair tab, you just click on the arrow next to their name and select duplicate! [quote name="@DreamSlayer" date=2017-08-08 22:42:04] @ Darkfrost So I'm having trouble figuring out how to make the dragons images appear. What do I have to input and where to make that work? [/quote] The images should be generated automatically from the Dragon's ID, although it might take a few seconds to show up - alternatively, if the dragon doesn't have an ID or you want them to have another image, you could use the custom image column to add a specific image! @Plushstiel I'm glad you think so! :D @ilimati Sure thing, I've added you! ^^ [quote name="@LittleRogue" date=2017-08-09 03:03:35] @ Darkfrost So this is the best thing!!!! Possibly idiot question here, currently the info tab only has three slots for groups how do you add more to it? I want my subclans and then telling me who needs art/lore ect ^-^ Also in future can we link familiars to dragons? Is there a way to do that? But even as this is the best thing!!! Thanks so much! [/quote] If you want your dragon to be in more than 3 groups, at this point you'll have to copy their information (ID, Name, etc) and add it a second time and select different groups - though I hope to add more lair groups in a future update (I've been meaning to re-arrange the Data sheet to optimize it, and possibly add an option for selecting breeds as well) Do you mean like linking them so they show up on the spreadsheet together, or linking the familiar's image to the dragon's page? For the former, I'll consider for a future update if I can manage to figure out how to do it, although if it's the latter you could add a link to the dragon's page to the familiar via custom link. [quote name="@idlewildly" date=2017-08-09 03:05:47]This is so cool and useful and well-made! I'm in awe of the coding! Is there a way to add more columns in the Lair Groups area? I need like 5 and there are only 3... and when I copy-paste from the ones there are, the new one doesn't want to do the job... ^^ [/quote] Adding more Lair Group columns is unfortunately more complicated right now than it should be, although having more lair groups per dragon is definitely something I'd hope to add in a future update. Until then, you can add dragons to more than 3 groups by copying their other info (ID, Name, etc) ^^;; @Vhyxalas I've added you to the pinglist, and thank you! @Koobi What @Charoula said is correct! And on the Dragon Info sheet, you can copy/paste freely - the only thing to not do is to use [b]cut[/b] on the second row then paste it elsewhere, but copy/pasting it and then deleting the original contents is fine.
Sorry it took me so long to reply to this ^^;;

@CuQuoise wrote on 2017-08-08:
This is just incredible :o

Hey, how can I make more lair groups? I have too many sub-clans

If you have lots of smaller clans, I'd recommend getting some smaller lair tabs from the fix-it sheet, but to duplicate a lair tab, you just click on the arrow next to their name and select duplicate!

@DreamSlayer wrote on 2017-08-08:
@ Darkfrost

So I'm having trouble figuring out how to make the dragons images appear. What do I have to input and where to make that work?

The images should be generated automatically from the Dragon's ID, although it might take a few seconds to show up - alternatively, if the dragon doesn't have an ID or you want them to have another image, you could use the custom image column to add a specific image!

@Plushstiel I'm glad you think so! :D

@ilimati Sure thing, I've added you! ^^

@LittleRogue wrote on 2017-08-09:
@ Darkfrost

So this is the best thing!!!! Possibly idiot question here, currently the info tab only has three slots for groups how do you add more to it? I want my subclans and then telling me who needs art/lore ect ^-^

Also in future can we link familiars to dragons? Is there a way to do that?

But even as this is the best thing!!! Thanks so much!

If you want your dragon to be in more than 3 groups, at this point you'll have to copy their information (ID, Name, etc) and add it a second time and select different groups - though I hope to add more lair groups in a future update (I've been meaning to re-arrange the Data sheet to optimize it, and possibly add an option for selecting breeds as well)

Do you mean like linking them so they show up on the spreadsheet together, or linking the familiar's image to the dragon's page?
For the former, I'll consider for a future update if I can manage to figure out how to do it, although if it's the latter you could add a link to the dragon's page to the familiar via custom link.

@idlewildly wrote on 2017-08-09:
This is so cool and useful and well-made! I'm in awe of the coding!
Is there a way to add more columns in the Lair Groups area? I need like 5 and there are only 3... and when I copy-paste from the ones there are, the new one doesn't want to do the job... ^^

Adding more Lair Group columns is unfortunately more complicated right now than it should be, although having more lair groups per dragon is definitely something I'd hope to add in a future update. Until then, you can add dragons to more than 3 groups by copying their other info (ID, Name, etc) ^^;;

@Vhyxalas I've added you to the pinglist, and thank you!

@Koobi What @Charoula said is correct! And on the Dragon Info sheet, you can copy/paste freely - the only thing to not do is to use cut on the second row then paste it elsewhere, but copy/pasting it and then deleting the original contents is fine.
GIF featuring a pastel-icy colored Coatl called Sirel, who is glittering fabolously. Text next to him reads 'Others about Sirel', while the actual quote being displayed changes randomly each time the page is refreshed. Quotes: 'He's an honorary Ridgeback', -Kereth (local Ridgeback). ~ 'What does a fish-eater need 14 doves for?' -Canopy (local carnivore). ~ 'Why does he call me a Bogsnek, what's a snek?' -Kuriel (Imperial, turned Emperor, turned Imperial, turned Bogsnek). ~ 'He's not a clown, because clowns are scary', -Yoldu (doesn't like clowns). ~ 'If only he’d join the shade, we’d be unstoppable', -Nalar (the shade). ~ 'A Sirel a day keeps boredom away', -Sirel (usually after having done something foolish). ~ '0 out of 10 accomplice, keeps confessing our crimes', -Robin (in reference to the two of them stealing the Mona Lisa from Crim). ~ 'nice', -Akio (Sirel's Friend). ~ 'Don’t let him fool you into thinking he’s stupid', -Yoldu (Sirel’s fae language teacher). ~ 'This Dragon is an experience', -Merlot (Sirel's Mate). ~ '10 out of 10 would befriend again', -Verioth (Sirel's Friend). ~ 'Life without Sirel is possible, but pointless', -unknown (probably Sirel). ~ 'I knew his parents, I don't know why he's like this', -Kereth (who knew his parents and doesn't know why he's like this). ~ 'He fights like he has no idea what he's doing', -Seramore (Someone who's competent at fighting). ~ 'Where did all the glitter go?' -Eryu (Resident Clan Artist). ~ 'Please stop memeing and go to sleep', -Merlot (Sirel's Mate, tired of his shenanigans). ~ 'Please don't eat that- SIREL!!', -Malura (Resident Clan Pharmacist). ~ ...and that's all the quotes, for now! If any new ones are added, I will be sure to add them to the start of this list. Thank you for traveling with Darkfrost Memes, and have a nice day.
Darkfrost
he/him
Fae are my faeves
AnticipateEnjoyer

skits_achievement_by_starfruit_anon-dbnbwsb.png
Make your own Dragon Skits over here!
@Darkfrost

oh, actually, mine was the same question as LittleRogue's, but they worded it better XD Thank you so much! If you do update to include more, will my form update automatically?

Thank you so much again.

Filling this thing out has been a lot of fun btw. I'm finally sorta "fleshing out" the details of my lair that I had in mind but never actually put down"in writing" anywhere. It's a good project to pick up for someone who was feeling a lil bit uninspired with the game lately ;)
@Darkfrost

oh, actually, mine was the same question as LittleRogue's, but they worded it better XD Thank you so much! If you do update to include more, will my form update automatically?

Thank you so much again.

Filling this thing out has been a lot of fun btw. I'm finally sorta "fleshing out" the details of my lair that I had in mind but never actually put down"in writing" anywhere. It's a good project to pick up for someone who was feeling a lil bit uninspired with the game lately ;)
P20SGb4.gif 46f50f75104349928b2b563ef0bd79f0.png 7d8e2ec83eb93e741fea5c9bf2d420d1.png RM3KMxz.gif
@laxi !!
@laxi !!
fO3c3Bn.png oouioVf.png
mlHpBMC.png
EhlmcQh.png
@CuQuoise Oh, I see ^^

Currently I'm working on a version 2 of this spreadsheet, some of its features so far being custom elements and genders, up to 10 lair groups and an improved arrangement of the Data sheet. Unfortunately the two versions are incompatible in that you can't just copy sheets around - although the contents you enter (in Dragon Info and the upper part of the Lair Tabs themselves) can be easily copy-pasted, which I'd want to add a small "how to" for as well.

And I'm glad you think so! :D
@CuQuoise Oh, I see ^^

Currently I'm working on a version 2 of this spreadsheet, some of its features so far being custom elements and genders, up to 10 lair groups and an improved arrangement of the Data sheet. Unfortunately the two versions are incompatible in that you can't just copy sheets around - although the contents you enter (in Dragon Info and the upper part of the Lair Tabs themselves) can be easily copy-pasted, which I'd want to add a small "how to" for as well.

And I'm glad you think so! :D
GIF featuring a pastel-icy colored Coatl called Sirel, who is glittering fabolously. Text next to him reads 'Others about Sirel', while the actual quote being displayed changes randomly each time the page is refreshed. Quotes: 'He's an honorary Ridgeback', -Kereth (local Ridgeback). ~ 'What does a fish-eater need 14 doves for?' -Canopy (local carnivore). ~ 'Why does he call me a Bogsnek, what's a snek?' -Kuriel (Imperial, turned Emperor, turned Imperial, turned Bogsnek). ~ 'He's not a clown, because clowns are scary', -Yoldu (doesn't like clowns). ~ 'If only he’d join the shade, we’d be unstoppable', -Nalar (the shade). ~ 'A Sirel a day keeps boredom away', -Sirel (usually after having done something foolish). ~ '0 out of 10 accomplice, keeps confessing our crimes', -Robin (in reference to the two of them stealing the Mona Lisa from Crim). ~ 'nice', -Akio (Sirel's Friend). ~ 'Don’t let him fool you into thinking he’s stupid', -Yoldu (Sirel’s fae language teacher). ~ 'This Dragon is an experience', -Merlot (Sirel's Mate). ~ '10 out of 10 would befriend again', -Verioth (Sirel's Friend). ~ 'Life without Sirel is possible, but pointless', -unknown (probably Sirel). ~ 'I knew his parents, I don't know why he's like this', -Kereth (who knew his parents and doesn't know why he's like this). ~ 'He fights like he has no idea what he's doing', -Seramore (Someone who's competent at fighting). ~ 'Where did all the glitter go?' -Eryu (Resident Clan Artist). ~ 'Please stop memeing and go to sleep', -Merlot (Sirel's Mate, tired of his shenanigans). ~ 'Please don't eat that- SIREL!!', -Malura (Resident Clan Pharmacist). ~ ...and that's all the quotes, for now! If any new ones are added, I will be sure to add them to the start of this list. Thank you for traveling with Darkfrost Memes, and have a nice day.
Darkfrost
he/him
Fae are my faeves
AnticipateEnjoyer

Woah this is so cool!! Thanks so much for making this!!
Woah this is so cool!! Thanks so much for making this!!
Crow TseXxba.png
Fr Tumblr | Art Blog | Redbubble
Can be found at @ qur0w on most platforms
@Darkfrost *vibrates* may i be added to the pinglist?
@Darkfrost *vibrates* may i be added to the pinglist?
xxxxxxxxxx xxxxx
sH4AnLI.png
CK | she/they | FR + 1
Wishlist
Quest Log
Trading Post
xxxxx
Stars Defied: A Necromancer Lineage - Link
@counterklock Sure thing, I've added you! ^^
@counterklock Sure thing, I've added you! ^^
Darkfrost
he/him
Fae are my faeves
AnticipateEnjoyer

Thank you so much for making this! Great work ♥
Thank you so much for making this! Great work ♥
bAJJxk.png
1 2 ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... 10 11