Back

Guides

Community created guides, helpful strategies, and more.
TOPIC | Kevin's Treasure Making Guide 3.0!
1 2 3 4 5
Is being filthy treasure rich your highest priority on Flight Rising? If so, you've come to the right place. I've been in the Flight Rising community for over a year and a half, and I believe that I have a good understanding of how to make treasure efficiently. Becoming wealthy takes a little time, so as long as you put in enough effort and patience, you'll be rich in no time.

Saving

No matter how much treasure you make, it will do you no good unless you are capable of saving your earnings, which is why Saving is the first category of treasure making that I'm covering on this guide. Saving up can be quite hard, considering many people like to do impulse purchases for dragons. Tbh with you, the best I can tell you is to put ALL of your treasure and gems in the vault, and try to convince yourself that they're not there, and only take some out if you REALLY want something. I honestly do this, and it helps, so I hope that it helps you as well. Also, put things that you find valuable (i.e. rare battle stones, unhatched eggs, awakened familiars, chests, fest items, etc.) in the vault, so that you don't accidentally use them later.

Exalting Dragons

This can make you a nice profit if you know the way to exalting dragons. My two tricks here are breeding exalt fodder and training exalt fodder. When breeding exalt fodder, buy 2 cheap dragons/hatchling (like no more than 5kt/5g). I recommend that they are of plentiful breeds (fae, mirror, tundra, and/or guardian), because if you buy hatchlings, you will have to wait for them to be ready to breed AND become adult dragons if not already. Also, plentiful dragons breeds have at max a 15-day cooldown, so you won't have to wait that long to breed the dragons. Check the Assay Bloodlines to see if the dragons can breed with each other. If you make a mistake and buy two dragons that aren't compatible (within five generations of each other), don't worry, because that brings me to my topic of training exalt fodder.

Dragons must be named adults before they can enter the Coliseum (this alleviates the issue of having unnamed exalted offspring on lineages). I recommend that you train in the Mire OR Kelp Beds with 2 level 25 dragons and the dragon you are training. Training it to level 7+ is preferred since exalting dragons at such levels give you nice profits (like 10kt+, and there's a chance you'll even get some gems :D). Therefore, if you're trying to do this, never buy a dragon whose value is listed above 10kt/10g. Also, pay attention to the daily exalting bonuses on the front page. If the dragons you exalt meet at least 1 of those requirements, you'll earn extra treasure.

I have a trick for this that I'm ready to reveal. Here it is: 1. Buy an adult dragon (already named is my preference since I'm bad with names) for about 7g. 2. Train that dragon to at least level 7. 3. Exalt the dragon. 7g can turn into 10kt+ in less than 5 minutes, and is a conversion of about 1:1500! To sum up what I'm saying, you should exchange some of your treasure for gems at a low conversion (like less than 1:1000), and then use those gems to buy cheap exalt fodder, and then train and exalt them to get your treasure back + extra. If you buy cheap 5g babies and wait for them to become adults, that would be about a 1:2000 conversion, but is, however, more time consuming and not as recommended, but if you're more of the patient type, go ahead. I can't stop you. :D

Familiars

Even though the treasure payout from bonding with your familiars isn't all that great, you will eventually receive chests, which are what you really want. It takes 89 days to awaken a familiar, so make sure that you log on every day to bond with your familiars, so you won't have to wait longer than 89 days to awaken them.

Speaking of chests, I recommend you saving your Rusted Treasure Chests. There are times where Swipp will offer you a Gilded Treasure Chest if you trade him 3 Rusted Treasure Chests and 5 Gold Ore.

Gathering Items

I recommend that you only dig and scavenge, considering that you could easily earn food from the Coliseum. Plus, who wouldn't want to dig and scavenge for a chance to earn Gilded Decorative Chests and Unhatched Elemental Eggs? Get the most out of this through dominance and keeping your clan energy bar at 80% or higher, earning yourself up to a max of 18 turns a day unless otherwise stated.

Auction House

Have any items you don't want, and would like to sell them for profit? The Auction House is here for you. When pricing things on the Auction House, I recommend that you make the duration as one day, and that you set your price as close to the lowest price as possible. In fact, if you're listing items for treasure, you can just make your listing 1 treasure cheaper. However, there may be exceptions. If the lowest price has more than one day remaining, your listing will be above theirs. In this case, you can list for the same price, making your item(s) more likely to be purchased. If there is none of that item for sale, it's up to you to decide how to price. What I would do in this case is either wait for a listing of that particular item to pop up, and go from there, OR just sell the item for above the highest Slime/Muck/Sludge/Ooze/Muck price, depending on the item (you'll be able to figure this out later in this guide).

When I list food items, I sell them for 33 treasure a food point. My food sells very well at that price, but food usually sells for at least 10% more than how much I sell my food for. I don't sell food for too much, because I know that there are a lot of hungry dragons out there, and I don't want users to have to pay as much for food that they're in high demand for.

Trading Post

Baldwin's Bubbling Brew

I recommend that you reduce cheap items, like common drops from the Coliseum. Baldwin Materials sell very well, transmuting usually increases the value of the original item, and it only takes 30 minutes to reduce any item. Keep in mind that Food becomes Goo, Materials become Ooze, Apparel becomes Slime, Familiars become Muck, and Others become Sludge (I think you know that they come in different colors, which represents their rarities). Also, when you're thinking about selling an item in the AH, and you're not sure if transmuting it would give you a better profit, look up the cheapest price of that item, and then the cheapest price of its corresponding transmutation. For instance, if the cheapest kind of slime sells for 5kt, you shouldn't ever sell apparel for less than 5kt. Instead of selling it, you would transmute it into slime, and then sell that. This can also save you money when gathering materials to make specific items in the cauldron.

Crim's Collection Cart

Crim will give you a minimum of 500t in exchange for items that she asks for. If you have an item that she asks for, check the AH for that item to see which is the better deal: giving it to crim or selling it in the AH? If Crim happens to ask for an item that you don't have, check the AH for that item. If that item's monetary value is less than the amount Crim is willing to give you, buy it, and then give it to Crim. You'll still earn a net profit. Keep in mind that she gives you 5 offers every top of the hour except for rollover (in this case it would be 00:30). According to the minimum amount of treasure you can get from Crim per trade, you can earn at least 2500t an hour, which is potentially at least 60kt a day.

Pinkerton's Plundered Pile

You get 1 free item from Pinkerton a day. The rarer the item, the better. Don't want the item you get? Sell it! Also, just imagine if the item you get from here is an item that Crim is asking for...

There's not much to say here, but every bit of treasure counts, so this can help.

Swipp's Swap Stand

Here is a list of all of the trades that Swipp will offered to you at random. You can hoard specific items for this reason. Then, you can sell the items Swipp trades you for a nice profit.

Tomo's Trivia Tablet

Every day, you are asked 10 questions, where you earn 300t for answering each question correctly, earning up to 3kt a day from this. Don't know the answers to some of the questions? Fear not, for this guide has all of the answers. You're welcome! :D

Festive Favors

I recommend that during a holiday event, you should spend all of your gathering turns in digging in the element that is themed by the specific festival in order to get some festival currency, a chance for some festival chests, etc. Click here for more info on fests. Fest currency and chests can also be dropped in the Coliseum. Knowing where to grind is key to earning a lot of them. This is the main reason as to how I can make over 1000+ fest currency as well as an abundance of fest chests each fest. Here is a guide that statistically shows the best places to grind. It usually updates around a week before each fest. This guide also helps with knowing where to grind during the Night of the Nocturne event held each year in December for two weeks (since 2014) (I might make a guide for that later if I could possibly put it in its own category).

Fairgrounds

According to the Lucky Streak, you can make up to 75kt from the Fairgrounds each day, but what if I told you that you can make more than that? What if I told you that you can make up to 114kt from Fairgrounds a day? Thx to earning treasure from Higher or Lower not counting towards the Lucky Streak, extra earnings from Fairgrounds is possible. On Higher or Lower, you get 25 guesses every top of the hour (except for rollover (00:30), where each correct guess earns you 65t. That's 1625t per hour, which is up to 39kt each day.

The fastest way for me to make treasure in the Fairgrounds is playing Shock Switch. It only takes me about half an hour to get to that 75kt (+ extra since I occasionally play Higher or Lower). I didn't include data about the other minigames, considering that Higher or Lower and Shock Switch are the only 2 games that I play in the Fairgrounds. I might include data from the other Fairgrounds games later as I further experience The Realm of Sornieth.

Coliseum

Spend as much time in the Coliseum as you can! It's so easy to accumulate items on Flight Rising, so the more, merrier. As you grind, you'll have chances of receiving very rare drops, like Eliminates, Unhatched Elemental Eggs, Boss Familiars, etc. If you're interested in treasure grinding in the Coli, I've heard that Volcanice Vents is the best place to grind based on this forum post. It's really easy if you have 3 level 25 dragons grinding here, the bosses are casters, so they won't attack as often as melee bosses would, and you can get through rounds fast, earning lots of items to sell for lots of treasure. The great thing about this venue is that if it's the best place to grind during a festival, not only will you be grinding for the fest currency, you'll unknowingly be grinding for a great amount of treasure. :D

Dominance

It's not really necessary to talk about Dominance in a treasure making guide like this, but it can help. Remember what I said before about training exalt fodder? If you exalt a lot of dragons in that manner, you can lead your clan a few steps closer to dominance. When you dominate, you are rewarded discounts on treasure marketplace items, discounts on lair expansions, extra gathering turns a day, and extra treasure a day. Not only are you making treasure, but you're saving it, too, making this a win-win situation for your treasure-making needs. Plz note that it's obvious that your clan won't dominate if an elemental holiday that doesn't represent your element is taking place, if any conquests that your clan is not a part of are taking place, etc.
_________________________________________________________________________________

That's all for now, but I'll update this as time passes. Updates will definitely include more links to more amazing guides by more amazing people, which actually helped me think about what to type in this thread. If you have any questions, post them here. Thank you for reading, and I hope to make more guides for the Flight Rising community in the near future. :D
Is being filthy treasure rich your highest priority on Flight Rising? If so, you've come to the right place. I've been in the Flight Rising community for over a year and a half, and I believe that I have a good understanding of how to make treasure efficiently. Becoming wealthy takes a little time, so as long as you put in enough effort and patience, you'll be rich in no time.

Saving

No matter how much treasure you make, it will do you no good unless you are capable of saving your earnings, which is why Saving is the first category of treasure making that I'm covering on this guide. Saving up can be quite hard, considering many people like to do impulse purchases for dragons. Tbh with you, the best I can tell you is to put ALL of your treasure and gems in the vault, and try to convince yourself that they're not there, and only take some out if you REALLY want something. I honestly do this, and it helps, so I hope that it helps you as well. Also, put things that you find valuable (i.e. rare battle stones, unhatched eggs, awakened familiars, chests, fest items, etc.) in the vault, so that you don't accidentally use them later.

Exalting Dragons

This can make you a nice profit if you know the way to exalting dragons. My two tricks here are breeding exalt fodder and training exalt fodder. When breeding exalt fodder, buy 2 cheap dragons/hatchling (like no more than 5kt/5g). I recommend that they are of plentiful breeds (fae, mirror, tundra, and/or guardian), because if you buy hatchlings, you will have to wait for them to be ready to breed AND become adult dragons if not already. Also, plentiful dragons breeds have at max a 15-day cooldown, so you won't have to wait that long to breed the dragons. Check the Assay Bloodlines to see if the dragons can breed with each other. If you make a mistake and buy two dragons that aren't compatible (within five generations of each other), don't worry, because that brings me to my topic of training exalt fodder.

Dragons must be named adults before they can enter the Coliseum (this alleviates the issue of having unnamed exalted offspring on lineages). I recommend that you train in the Mire OR Kelp Beds with 2 level 25 dragons and the dragon you are training. Training it to level 7+ is preferred since exalting dragons at such levels give you nice profits (like 10kt+, and there's a chance you'll even get some gems :D). Therefore, if you're trying to do this, never buy a dragon whose value is listed above 10kt/10g. Also, pay attention to the daily exalting bonuses on the front page. If the dragons you exalt meet at least 1 of those requirements, you'll earn extra treasure.

I have a trick for this that I'm ready to reveal. Here it is: 1. Buy an adult dragon (already named is my preference since I'm bad with names) for about 7g. 2. Train that dragon to at least level 7. 3. Exalt the dragon. 7g can turn into 10kt+ in less than 5 minutes, and is a conversion of about 1:1500! To sum up what I'm saying, you should exchange some of your treasure for gems at a low conversion (like less than 1:1000), and then use those gems to buy cheap exalt fodder, and then train and exalt them to get your treasure back + extra. If you buy cheap 5g babies and wait for them to become adults, that would be about a 1:2000 conversion, but is, however, more time consuming and not as recommended, but if you're more of the patient type, go ahead. I can't stop you. :D

Familiars

Even though the treasure payout from bonding with your familiars isn't all that great, you will eventually receive chests, which are what you really want. It takes 89 days to awaken a familiar, so make sure that you log on every day to bond with your familiars, so you won't have to wait longer than 89 days to awaken them.

Speaking of chests, I recommend you saving your Rusted Treasure Chests. There are times where Swipp will offer you a Gilded Treasure Chest if you trade him 3 Rusted Treasure Chests and 5 Gold Ore.

Gathering Items

I recommend that you only dig and scavenge, considering that you could easily earn food from the Coliseum. Plus, who wouldn't want to dig and scavenge for a chance to earn Gilded Decorative Chests and Unhatched Elemental Eggs? Get the most out of this through dominance and keeping your clan energy bar at 80% or higher, earning yourself up to a max of 18 turns a day unless otherwise stated.

Auction House

Have any items you don't want, and would like to sell them for profit? The Auction House is here for you. When pricing things on the Auction House, I recommend that you make the duration as one day, and that you set your price as close to the lowest price as possible. In fact, if you're listing items for treasure, you can just make your listing 1 treasure cheaper. However, there may be exceptions. If the lowest price has more than one day remaining, your listing will be above theirs. In this case, you can list for the same price, making your item(s) more likely to be purchased. If there is none of that item for sale, it's up to you to decide how to price. What I would do in this case is either wait for a listing of that particular item to pop up, and go from there, OR just sell the item for above the highest Slime/Muck/Sludge/Ooze/Muck price, depending on the item (you'll be able to figure this out later in this guide).

When I list food items, I sell them for 33 treasure a food point. My food sells very well at that price, but food usually sells for at least 10% more than how much I sell my food for. I don't sell food for too much, because I know that there are a lot of hungry dragons out there, and I don't want users to have to pay as much for food that they're in high demand for.

Trading Post

Baldwin's Bubbling Brew

I recommend that you reduce cheap items, like common drops from the Coliseum. Baldwin Materials sell very well, transmuting usually increases the value of the original item, and it only takes 30 minutes to reduce any item. Keep in mind that Food becomes Goo, Materials become Ooze, Apparel becomes Slime, Familiars become Muck, and Others become Sludge (I think you know that they come in different colors, which represents their rarities). Also, when you're thinking about selling an item in the AH, and you're not sure if transmuting it would give you a better profit, look up the cheapest price of that item, and then the cheapest price of its corresponding transmutation. For instance, if the cheapest kind of slime sells for 5kt, you shouldn't ever sell apparel for less than 5kt. Instead of selling it, you would transmute it into slime, and then sell that. This can also save you money when gathering materials to make specific items in the cauldron.

Crim's Collection Cart

Crim will give you a minimum of 500t in exchange for items that she asks for. If you have an item that she asks for, check the AH for that item to see which is the better deal: giving it to crim or selling it in the AH? If Crim happens to ask for an item that you don't have, check the AH for that item. If that item's monetary value is less than the amount Crim is willing to give you, buy it, and then give it to Crim. You'll still earn a net profit. Keep in mind that she gives you 5 offers every top of the hour except for rollover (in this case it would be 00:30). According to the minimum amount of treasure you can get from Crim per trade, you can earn at least 2500t an hour, which is potentially at least 60kt a day.

Pinkerton's Plundered Pile

You get 1 free item from Pinkerton a day. The rarer the item, the better. Don't want the item you get? Sell it! Also, just imagine if the item you get from here is an item that Crim is asking for...

There's not much to say here, but every bit of treasure counts, so this can help.

Swipp's Swap Stand

Here is a list of all of the trades that Swipp will offered to you at random. You can hoard specific items for this reason. Then, you can sell the items Swipp trades you for a nice profit.

Tomo's Trivia Tablet

Every day, you are asked 10 questions, where you earn 300t for answering each question correctly, earning up to 3kt a day from this. Don't know the answers to some of the questions? Fear not, for this guide has all of the answers. You're welcome! :D

Festive Favors

I recommend that during a holiday event, you should spend all of your gathering turns in digging in the element that is themed by the specific festival in order to get some festival currency, a chance for some festival chests, etc. Click here for more info on fests. Fest currency and chests can also be dropped in the Coliseum. Knowing where to grind is key to earning a lot of them. This is the main reason as to how I can make over 1000+ fest currency as well as an abundance of fest chests each fest. Here is a guide that statistically shows the best places to grind. It usually updates around a week before each fest. This guide also helps with knowing where to grind during the Night of the Nocturne event held each year in December for two weeks (since 2014) (I might make a guide for that later if I could possibly put it in its own category).

Fairgrounds

According to the Lucky Streak, you can make up to 75kt from the Fairgrounds each day, but what if I told you that you can make more than that? What if I told you that you can make up to 114kt from Fairgrounds a day? Thx to earning treasure from Higher or Lower not counting towards the Lucky Streak, extra earnings from Fairgrounds is possible. On Higher or Lower, you get 25 guesses every top of the hour (except for rollover (00:30), where each correct guess earns you 65t. That's 1625t per hour, which is up to 39kt each day.

The fastest way for me to make treasure in the Fairgrounds is playing Shock Switch. It only takes me about half an hour to get to that 75kt (+ extra since I occasionally play Higher or Lower). I didn't include data about the other minigames, considering that Higher or Lower and Shock Switch are the only 2 games that I play in the Fairgrounds. I might include data from the other Fairgrounds games later as I further experience The Realm of Sornieth.

Coliseum

Spend as much time in the Coliseum as you can! It's so easy to accumulate items on Flight Rising, so the more, merrier. As you grind, you'll have chances of receiving very rare drops, like Eliminates, Unhatched Elemental Eggs, Boss Familiars, etc. If you're interested in treasure grinding in the Coli, I've heard that Volcanice Vents is the best place to grind based on this forum post. It's really easy if you have 3 level 25 dragons grinding here, the bosses are casters, so they won't attack as often as melee bosses would, and you can get through rounds fast, earning lots of items to sell for lots of treasure. The great thing about this venue is that if it's the best place to grind during a festival, not only will you be grinding for the fest currency, you'll unknowingly be grinding for a great amount of treasure. :D

Dominance

It's not really necessary to talk about Dominance in a treasure making guide like this, but it can help. Remember what I said before about training exalt fodder? If you exalt a lot of dragons in that manner, you can lead your clan a few steps closer to dominance. When you dominate, you are rewarded discounts on treasure marketplace items, discounts on lair expansions, extra gathering turns a day, and extra treasure a day. Not only are you making treasure, but you're saving it, too, making this a win-win situation for your treasure-making needs. Plz note that it's obvious that your clan won't dominate if an elemental holiday that doesn't represent your element is taking place, if any conquests that your clan is not a part of are taking place, etc.
_________________________________________________________________________________

That's all for now, but I'll update this as time passes. Updates will definitely include more links to more amazing guides by more amazing people, which actually helped me think about what to type in this thread. If you have any questions, post them here. Thank you for reading, and I hope to make more guides for the Flight Rising community in the near future. :D
Remember kids: Don't forget to always suck your water. xD
reserved
reserved
and reserved just to be safe
and reserved just to be safe
up you go - I hope this helps...
up you go - I hope this helps...
Tap
Tap
^
^
Thanks!
Thanks!
@Julith

You're welcome. If there's anything I'm missing, plz let me know. :D
@Julith

You're welcome. If there's anything I'm missing, plz let me know. :D
@16Kevin16

Throatspider's Guide is super old and not very relevant anymore, I'd link and refer to this guide instead: https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/gde/1769204

@16Kevin16

Throatspider's Guide is super old and not very relevant anymore, I'd link and refer to this guide instead: https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/gde/1769204

Thankyou for this;
Thankyou for this;
f0iGMjz.pngTjlZ75r.png
1 2 3 4 5