Back

Guides

Community created guides, helpful strategies, and more.
TOPIC | DRAGONOMICS: crowdsourced economy charts
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 84 85
@epicpython Excellent! Thank you, and I hope you enjoy! I am very lost re: Python or any other programming language type stuff, but I feel more at home with spreadsheets. :)
@epicpython Excellent! Thank you, and I hope you enjoy! I am very lost re: Python or any other programming language type stuff, but I feel more at home with spreadsheets. :)
dNCLmdm.png
UK; sleeping 4pm-2am FRT // Pronouns: they/them // Feedback
~
Signature generator // Calendar of flight festivals until Sept 2019
@/epicpython is that where your nickname comes from?

I really like Python myself (a lot more than R, and it's a lot easier for a quick-and-dirty programming job than, say, Java), but I've only recently with FR had any reason to start coding spreadsheets. And I mean, my stuff is easy peasy 'count how many dragons with this gene are in this list' or 'calculate my profits from the last profit push', but I find it to be a lot of fun! (the worst thing is though that the Excel on my computer is German--my PC is set up in English now, but it was German when I installed MS Office, so all the commands don't match up, and CountA is Anzahl2 (not so different, but if you only know the English command, it's very... confusing xD))

@/Cassolotl I really have to commend you for making this new thread + the buttons; I'm almost proud of this form and its new popularity like the distant aunt or something xD (sorry if I'm presuming, but that's the closest I come to being able to put it into words. I was almost sad to see all the times no one had filled the form before, and felt like I should do more, despite not being able to while at work or asleep or only on on my phone ...) So really, well done and thank you so much, the data is so interesting and fun!!!

And I think I really should go to bed now before I start rambling about how FR and fandom have made me learn about BBCode/HTML coding and uuugh it really is long past my bedtime I'm heading off

Edit: command =/= commend. Time for bed, I think xD
@/epicpython is that where your nickname comes from?

I really like Python myself (a lot more than R, and it's a lot easier for a quick-and-dirty programming job than, say, Java), but I've only recently with FR had any reason to start coding spreadsheets. And I mean, my stuff is easy peasy 'count how many dragons with this gene are in this list' or 'calculate my profits from the last profit push', but I find it to be a lot of fun! (the worst thing is though that the Excel on my computer is German--my PC is set up in English now, but it was German when I installed MS Office, so all the commands don't match up, and CountA is Anzahl2 (not so different, but if you only know the English command, it's very... confusing xD))

@/Cassolotl I really have to commend you for making this new thread + the buttons; I'm almost proud of this form and its new popularity like the distant aunt or something xD (sorry if I'm presuming, but that's the closest I come to being able to put it into words. I was almost sad to see all the times no one had filled the form before, and felt like I should do more, despite not being able to while at work or asleep or only on on my phone ...) So really, well done and thank you so much, the data is so interesting and fun!!!

And I think I really should go to bed now before I start rambling about how FR and fandom have made me learn about BBCode/HTML coding and uuugh it really is long past my bedtime I'm heading off

Edit: command =/= commend. Time for bed, I think xD
iSeAVDm.gif6mlt6oK.pngSNH9aOp.gif

B9L.pnglvf-7.pnglvf-9.pnglvf-1.pnglvf-6.pnglvf-5.pnglvf-3.pnglvf-2.pnglvf-4.pnglvf-10.pnglvf-8.pngB10R.png
fOHFzrA.png
@xianvar Thank you, your support means a lot, and it *is* really exciting that things have kicked off a bit better! I think it's a combination of things - the first thread I wasn't so sure of myself, I was very much making it up as I went a long. And now things feel much more ~established~ and there's BUTTONS and I have a good title and and and :D

I'm really chuffed that my spreadsheet dorkery is something that can help other people and put all the numbers into a helpful context and stuff. I love being able to spot when we're in a dom push week or even a dom battle by how the graphs look, for example. :D It's fun!
@xianvar Thank you, your support means a lot, and it *is* really exciting that things have kicked off a bit better! I think it's a combination of things - the first thread I wasn't so sure of myself, I was very much making it up as I went a long. And now things feel much more ~established~ and there's BUTTONS and I have a good title and and and :D

I'm really chuffed that my spreadsheet dorkery is something that can help other people and put all the numbers into a helpful context and stuff. I love being able to spot when we're in a dom push week or even a dom battle by how the graphs look, for example. :D It's fun!
dNCLmdm.png
~
@xianvar Yes it is! Python was my first programming language, and I used epicpython as my Minecraft username. :) I even made a game in Python with MS Paint art in high school, it's on my clan info page.

That's interesting that there's a German version of Excel, I guess it makes sense, but I've never heard of anything like that!
@xianvar Yes it is! Python was my first programming language, and I used epicpython as my Minecraft username. :) I even made a game in Python with MS Paint art in high school, it's on my clan info page.

That's interesting that there's a German version of Excel, I guess it makes sense, but I've never heard of anything like that!
tDeKDnH.png
Man, just discovered this! I'm totally willing to help you guys out!
Man, just discovered this! I'm totally willing to help you guys out!
clyCaLS.png .

20s, male, he/him
.np7f4Fm.png about me
.np7f4Fm.png current icon:
NUuorfS.png .
@violalore Thank youuu! <3
@violalore Thank youuu! <3
dNCLmdm.png
~
@Cassolotl Something I just noticed: The 'number of entries within last hours' cell just turned blue, but the tooltip doesn't explain what that means. Is blue the new yellow? ^^
@Cassolotl Something I just noticed: The 'number of entries within last hours' cell just turned blue, but the tooltip doesn't explain what that means. Is blue the new yellow? ^^

B9L.pnglvf-7.pnglvf-9.pnglvf-1.pnglvf-6.pnglvf-5.pnglvf-3.pnglvf-2.pnglvf-4.pnglvf-10.pnglvf-8.pngB10R.png
fOHFzrA.png
@xianvar Yes, it is! I updated the tooltip. Well spotted, and thank you for letting me know!
@xianvar Yes, it is! I updated the tooltip. Well spotted, and thank you for letting me know!
dNCLmdm.png
~
@Cassolotl Different question: wouldn't the following be quite logical:
If the total number of dergs is falling and the price is rising *and* it is not Saturday, it is advantageous to hold off on selling the dragons as it is likely it is a dom push and as such the prices will rise even further?

I know that there might not be enough data quite yet and that it's not a proper algorithm, but it's something I've been thinking about when looking at the trends in the spreadsheet...
@Cassolotl Different question: wouldn't the following be quite logical:
If the total number of dergs is falling and the price is rising *and* it is not Saturday, it is advantageous to hold off on selling the dragons as it is likely it is a dom push and as such the prices will rise even further?

I know that there might not be enough data quite yet and that it's not a proper algorithm, but it's something I've been thinking about when looking at the trends in the spreadsheet...

fOHFzrA.png
@Cassolotl @xianvar That's something I was also thinking about when looking at the sheet.

At the present dragon market behavior, 7k is usually the price of fodder when there isn't any competitive buying or hoarding going on.

Going off xianvar's idea, we could have a box that changes color when fodder numbers fall, it's not Saturday, and fodder prices rise up to something like 9k and says something like:
"Sell saturday evening for highest payout."

That all being said, I think what would be better would be a predictor graph. The idea would be that it would take the data from the current week, using a combination of the now() and weekday() functions, plot that data, and generate a trendline until Saturday to guess how high prices may get if it continues rising at the current rate.
Googlesheets has an issue where it only sees dates as text, so I couldn't create a mockup like I wanted to. But I think it should work with a workaround for that.
@Cassolotl @xianvar That's something I was also thinking about when looking at the sheet.

At the present dragon market behavior, 7k is usually the price of fodder when there isn't any competitive buying or hoarding going on.

Going off xianvar's idea, we could have a box that changes color when fodder numbers fall, it's not Saturday, and fodder prices rise up to something like 9k and says something like:
"Sell saturday evening for highest payout."

That all being said, I think what would be better would be a predictor graph. The idea would be that it would take the data from the current week, using a combination of the now() and weekday() functions, plot that data, and generate a trendline until Saturday to guess how high prices may get if it continues rising at the current rate.
Googlesheets has an issue where it only sees dates as text, so I couldn't create a mockup like I wanted to. But I think it should work with a workaround for that.
zEs98s1.png cSckuMi.png 9d3aa51023.pngtumblr_ospvc67HxP1v8lm95o1_r2_250.gif
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 84 85